CAP 27 - PRC Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. My PS name is Stall Guy. Ive been a member of Showdown since Mar 2013.

So a little about my background. Ive played a wide variety of metas and spent some time with the development of OM's such as Cross Evolution, Frantic Fusions, Frantic Fusions CAP, and I started playing CAP back in Gen 5 (Mollux is my fave CAP to this day).
Ive starting getting back into CAP and I am currently on the leader board. I want to get more active in the community beyond playing on PS and discussing in the CAP room.

Thank you so much for considering me!

Last edited:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello, I am quziel.

I participated a fair amount in CAP26, helping to provide context to Future Sight usage in my home tier, NU, as well as posting on several of the competitive stages. I was also a starting SM slot for many of the weeks in the past CAPTT as a member of the CB Revenankhs.

In terms of other competitive knowledge, I have played NU for a fair while, and am currently part of the NU Viability Rankings Council, Quality Control team, and Room Staff. I have participated in the past three NUPLs.

Please tell me if there is anything I am missing.

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
Gday! I'm againa, I've been a consistent partaker in Create-A-Pokemon tournaments since early last year with some notable performances in the CAP 24 and CAP 26 playtest tournaments, being a semi finalist and finalist in the two respectively. In addition to competitive involvement I have been a close observer of the CAP project since the beginning of CAP 23 following discussion and voting in polls, with occasional contributions including submitting art for Pajantom and actively engaging in discussion on discord for the creation of the starter trio, for example, bringing up and giving support for grass/flying during the secondary typing stage. I also took part in the discussion for Equilibras recent nerf, explaining why I considered the removal of toxic and phasing to be our best option. By joining the prc team I hope to continue to provide insight and discussion that can push the CAP project and metagame forward.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I had thought I wouldn't be that excited for Gen 8 going into the next year, but I've decided with everything going on and the sheer amount of big decisions going on and being made, I ought to apply for the PRC.

Hi, I'm Deck Knight.

I have been around since the project started, literally Gen 4 Syclant. I am OLD!
I was a CAP Moderator for a very long time and even CAP Head Moderator for a little while when Birkal was very busy with life, marriage, and other Smogon projects.
That longevity has allowed me to submit and even win one of every major aspect of CAP polling except for Art, given I have zero artistic talent. Even eked out Concept once, which is an amazing feat. I've had a lot of close calls, a lot of wins, and some ideas that got scrapped on the cutting room floor by our leadership teams over the years.

I have a strong grasp at least of competitive principles, even if I've never been a high level ladder or tournament level player (at least I won a few matches that time I managed the scrub team in a CAPTT.)

There's a lot of cool things coming down the pike in the next few months, and I've decided I want to participate in them again if able.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm Nyttyn I'd like to be on the PRC again because gen 8 is cool and got over my gen 7 fatigue

I'm the dumb girl who brought you hits such as Heal Pulse Mollux (it's a lava lamp...), Petrogeist (flash cap flash cap!!), and Naviathan. I used to mod. Uh. Some other stuff too I guess? I like pokemon and CAP a lot but kind of fell out of it when my life got busy and when SM was - such a complicated meta really. Now with the reset I'm looking to get back into things from the ground floor.

I like sword and shield a lot and my favorite pokemon from them is Hatterne (or Alcremie).

thank you for your time.

We haven't done one of these threads in a while! Although we've decided that CAP27 won't begin until after Gen8 has been released, there is a lot to discuss with regards to the CAP process, how this forum is run, and just general "quality of life" changes that we'd like to implement to improve the project. Apply to discuss these issues with us, or chat about it with us on our Discord channel.

This thread is for people who want to apply to the Create-A-Pokemon Project Policy Review Committee. Remember, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which take place in the CAP Policy Review Forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC are able to post in). Note that if you're a guest viewing the CAP forums, you cannot view the CAP PRC forum, so that is all the more reason for you to register and see what CAP is all about! It's a great place to read the opinions of some of the most seasoned CAP veterans.

Please stuff as much relevant information about yourself as you can in these applications; a short few lines will no longer suffice. In terms of guidance, it would be wise to describe a) your CAP experience, b) your Smogon experience, and c) your Pokemon experience. To apply, describe your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, CAP metagame involvement, submitted material, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions. I cannot stress this enough: please take time to fill out your application thoroughly. Also, recall that this is a rolling application, meaning that you can apply whenever it is convenient for you to do so.

As an aside, we're not looking for perfect members. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users the CAP moderators accept for the PRC, and we would prefer more to less. I doesn't overly matter how long you've contributed. We're mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. Note that significant work within the Policy Review Committee could earn you a Community Contributor badge. Remember that we are especially looking for active CAP members to be involved in our discussion. Furthermore, rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

The CAP27 Policy Review Committee

Birkal
Broken Phobias
Bughouse
DHR-107
Dogfish44
DougJustDoug
EpicUmbreon29
faithviolet
Frostbiyt
G-Luke
GMars
Granny Pie
Gross Sweep
Jho
Jordy
LucarioOfLegends
Mova
Okamu
Quanyails
Reviloja753
SHSP
Snorlax in the way
Sunfished
Wulfanator72
cbrevan
jas61292
pokehimon
reachzero
snake_rattler

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. We can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

Streamlining the process and deciding the meta for CAP24 will be our most important topics this cycle. We're open for other topics as you have them, so please let a CAP moderator know if you're interested in making a new thread about our policy!
Y’all probably know me cause I made a mistake that you fixed quickly. I’m new to the community and have been active for the past few days.I love the concept that all of you created,and I am ready to participate in C.A.P 27!Eqilibra was a Pokemon I discussed as a guest on and I want more experience.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Mx. I've been involved in both the CAP process and the CAP metagame through all of Gen 7. I was part of the TLT as movepool leader during the Jumbao process and I'm currently part of the CAP metagame council. During the last few months I've been occupied with my studies, but now I should be mostly finished with that, so I'd like to go back to having a more active role in CAP PRC.

Hi, I'm R2, and I'm naive enough to try to apply. I've been a member of the smogon community under a different username for a while, but I never contributed anything anywhere. I think being part of the PRC might give me a chance to be a part of something without feeling so awkward.

As I said before, I have no real experience with Smogon forums because I'm busy and arrive late or just feel scared about submitting, but I know at least the rules. I have a lot of Pokemon Showdown experience though, since gen 6 in a variety of formats, also under a different user.

You won't pick me out of this. That's definitely for the best. Nonetheless, I am excited to actually participate in CAP 27!
EDIT: clarified a point

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Updated! Thank you for your patience.

Deck Knight Mx nyttyn

If you did not make it in, don't sweat it! We are really looking for people in Policy Review that have at least some background in CAP (even a single post can do in some situations). But honestly, Policy Review is the boring stuff. If you're new to CAP, just hold tight for a month or two. We'll be starting CAP27 before you know it :)

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi, I'm Kris. I haven't really been involved with CAP for a few years; my only notable CAP-related achievement was being runner-up in the Snugglow moves stage in XY. However, I did fairly recently do some minor feedback in the SS CAP Updates both on the forums and in the discord, as well as writing a script to easily implement all of the updated learnsets onto Pokemon Showdown!. Although I don't post much, I enjoy lurking these forums and am still looking to contribute. I would like to continue to help from a programming standpoint as well as being able to chime in on policy-related concerns whenever possible. Thanks for reading and I appreciate your consideration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)