Metagame Camomons [Indigo Disk DLC additions (95); new tiering decisions (97)]

To help people getting started with this new generation of Camomons during the SV Camomons Kickoff Tournament (what are you waiting to join it btw?!
wigdeter.png
), the council decided to share some teams to help you testing things or just have fun playing!

Camomons [preliminary] Sample Teams
Click on the Pokemon to be linked to the team pastes. We're always open for more sample teams so feel free to share your team for review on this forum.

Stupid but broken Screens Hyper Offense by Siamato
Scarf Bombirdier Balanced by Euphonos
Hazards-status spam Balanced by Siamato
Double physical setup Balanced by Ponchlake
Double bulky setup Fat by The Number Man

I think we're coming back there soon with the tournament starting in a few days. We hope to get feedback from players to take required tiering actions in order to balance the metagame and make your experience competitive and enjoyable during this short development time!

Tagging Euphonos for resources post edition!

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
:sv/Kingambit:
Kingambit
Viable Typings:
/
/
/
/
Stats: 100/135/120/60/85/50
Ability: Inner Focus, Defiant, Supreme Overlord
Items: Leftovers, Black Sludge

Relevant Moves (for typing):
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave, Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Poison Jab

Other Moves: Swords Dance

"Another week, another Camomons set from Ponchlake on the forums" - Abraham Lincoln (circa 2023)
One of my favorite Pokemon since Gen5 (Bisharp) randomly got an evolution for some reason, which I never knew I needed. Kingambit is simultaneously one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the tier, while also being one of its best offensive threats. It lacks general type variety, having an overlapping weakness to Ground for instance, but Kingambit is so good with its limited types that it doesn't even matter. The sheer bulk along with Sucker Punch allows it to shred most archetypes of teams at +2, which it can easily set up to. Kingambit thrives against HO, the strongest team archetype in Camomons right now. I'd even say it is the single best Pokemon to bring vs HO aside from Drednaw. Your opponent isn't free to lead Grimmsnarl into you unless they want to give you a free +4 or even +6; at which point you can OHKO even through screens. Few Pokemon utilizes Terastallization better than Kingambit too. It mostly opts for defensive Tera types like Fairy or Flying, which removes vital weaknesses and could instead allow it to kill what was originally supposed to be a check. This is part of why Kingambit is such a monster into HO. If Tera gets hit, I do see Kingambit taking a fairly huge hit, as it suddenly loses its ability to beat key checks like Great Tusk, Garchamp, or Corviknight. It is one of the best Pokemon in the tier, and I think that fact will remain regardless.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:

ponchlake

Terastallization has been banned in S/V Camomons
Hello all, after much contemplation and testing from your Camomons council, we've ultimately decided to ban Terastallization from Camomons. We had originally intended to keep an eye out on the results of the kickoff tour and potentially gauge community opinions on Terastallization before making any tiering action for it, as us making the decision would be purely based off of our own collective experiences. In the lead up to the kickoff tour, we spent a lot of time making lots of different teams to submit as samples, and as a result we played a large number of practice games to test those teams out. Ultimately we've found Terastallization to be a bit too overwhelming in the current state of Camomons, which is why we've banned it. I won't get too much into it, as there are previous posts in this thread that discuss the matter more in-depth than this post, including ones from myself and Siamato. As far as how this affects the tour, this first week Terastallization will still be legal, but in the upcoming week, it will no longer be legal. We are interested in incorporating the communities thoughts into this, so this decision to ban Terastallization is not set in stone. In the upcoming future, we'd like to host a suspect test to potentially bring back Terastallization or simply keep it banned if we get a ladder. However, as of right now, Terastallization is banned.

Terastallization has been banned in S/V Camomons
Hello all, after much contemplation and testing from your Camomons council, we've ultimately decided to ban Terastallization from Camomons. We had originally intended to keep an eye out on the results of the kickoff tour and potentially gauge community opinions on Terastallization before making any tiering action for it, as us making the decision would be purely based off of our own collective experiences. In the lead up to the kickoff tour, we spent a lot of time making lots of different teams to submit as samples, and as a result we played a large number of practice games to test those teams out. Ultimately we've found Terastallization to be a bit too overwhelming in the current state of Camomons, which is why we've banned it. I won't get too much into it, as there are previous posts in this thread that discuss the matter more in-depth than this post, including ones from myself and Siamato. As far as how this affects the tour, this first week Terastallization will still be legal, but in the upcoming week, it will no longer be legal. We are interested in incorporating the communities thoughts into this, so this decision to ban Terastallization is not set in stone. In the upcoming future, we'd like to host a suspect test to potentially bring back Terastallization or simply keep it banned if we get a ladder. However, as of right now, Terastallization is banned.
poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog

For what little I played (and said above), thank ARCEUS that Tera is gone. Most of the mons I was experimenting with, like Dark/Poison Drednaw and Fire/Steel Hydreigon, thankfully never needed Tera to function, and I can still enjoy abusing some of my favorite mons without feeling like an absolute dick for Tera Dark-ing and just clicking Crunch 6 turns in a row.

:meowscarada:FULL METAGAME AND THREATS ANALYSIS:meowscarada:

:dragapult: Introduction

The SV Camomons Kickoff Tour being in progress, I think it could be useful to share my thoughts on the current metagame to help people getting started. It will be the reflect of my experience playing Camomons a lot so far with council members and Camomons players. This post could be seen as a state of the art of what we explored so far.

:grimmsnarl:Metagame trends

Hyper Offense/Offense

The metagame is currently at a really early development stage meaning that numerous crazy breakers/sweepers are still available making HO what's probably the best playstyle atm. Here are the reasons to understand why HO is so good atm:
  • Abuse brokens. HO is the best playstyle to abuse frightening mons like Baxcalibur, Espathra, Dragonite, Lycanroc-Dusk or Volcarona with extremely limited counterplay. By stacking them, you will generally overwhelm the common balance defensive core quite easily. Indeed, the balance playstyle is currently caught in a vice between HO on one hand but also hazards stacking and weathers on the other. Balance has to make choices because it's really hard to be able to deal with these 3 well at the same time.
  • Hazards are inherently less effective against HO. We will come back on this point later but almost every balanced team is a hazard stacking team at the same time. By shortening the game and limitting switchs (setup and click till you're dead), the impact of hazards is reduced against HO (while still not negligeable).
  • Abuse the most from terastallization. Many setup sweepers are able to abuse terastallization perfectly to remove offensive counterplay and get free setup turns or prevent revenge killing to continue their bloodbath. It's even harder to predict the upcoming terastallization because basically every mon on HO is an excellent tera abuser.
  • Grimmsnarl is just so good at putting Screens enabling easier setup.

Hazard Stacking

It's not a surprised that this generation Game Freak gave Spikes and/or Stealth Rock to almost everything (joking but you know) while reducing so much hazard control in reducing so much the number of viable Defoggers at the same time. Moreover, Defog isn't anymore a 100% reliable hazard control move due to the introduction of Gholdengo's ability, Good As Gold, just preventing to use the move. Some cool Rapid Spinners like Iron Treads and Great Tusk are there as well as Glimmora's Mortal Spin but both aren't perfectly reliable due to both moves being respectively shutted down by Ghost and Steel. Moreover these 3 don't get any recovery which is detrimental for long terms games where hazards precisely start to be extremely powerful.

Hazards are also great because abusers are just really good mons in the current metagame. Here a list:
- Stealth Rock: :garchomp::drednaw::hydreigon::great tusk::iron treads::ting-lu::clodsire::dudunsparce::glimmora::garganacl::blissey::coalossal:
- Spikes: :garchomp::meowscarada::ting-lu::clodsire::glimmora::coalossal::vespiquen::toedscruel:
- Toxic Spikes: :iron moth::meowscarada::clodsire::glimmora::toxapex::vespiquen::toedscruel:

Weather

Basically every weather style is viable atm although rain and sun are still above.

Rain benefits a lot from Rillaboom's disappearance to abuse again from busted mon such as
Drednaw or Water Dragapult. Glimmora and Corviknight are both decent replacement for Ferrothorn and Landorus-T from last generation. Pelipper suffered a bit to lose Scald, Defog and Steel Wing but it's still great at doing its job. Mention to Iron Jugulis which is probably the best Hurricane abuser rn with Kilowattrel.

Sun is probably the most powerful weather style thanks to crazy abusers in usual Chlorophyll mons but also Protosynthesis ones now. Although Venusaur is absent for now, Scovillain is an okay-ish replacement as Chlorophyll setup sweeper. Flutter Mane is a demon under sun especially if your crazy enough to play it Modest to get the Spa Protosynthesis boost lol. Great Tusk, Slither Wing and Sandy Shocks are also interesting to try. Cinderace, Iron Moth, Chi-Yu and Ceruledge are all natural sun abusers that just bruteforce everything with boosted Fire moves (reminder that Heatran is no longer here there). Will sun need to be nerfed by a potential Heat Rock ban or banning broken will be suffiient? Will see!

Sand lost tools this generation with Dracozolt and Excadrill removals but also won the dog abusing the stupid Ghost move. Is that good? Idk. Sand is probably the worst weather style atm outside from sacking 4 mons, putting sand and reverse sweep with the stupid dog.

Hail was never really a playstyle because it was all about Aurora Veil HO in fact. Things could change this generation with Slowking's Chilly reception being an interesting and viable hail setter even though we lost Ninetales-Alola and Abomasnow low viability. Beartic is the best Slush Rush abuser with great bulk and Sword while finally getting Earthquake this generation. Cetitan can sweep if you manage to BD with enough hail turns. For now Iron Bundle is also great at abusing snow with Blizzard and Defense boosted. Maybe we might see semi-hail in the future based on Slowking + Beartic like Tyranitar + Excadrill in older OU gens?

So please, do not forget to run at the very least a Fire and a Water resist. Not only for sun and rain ofc! These resists are almost mandatory but often forgotten...

:dragonite:Offensive threats

The Dragon's lair

:sv/dragapult:
Most common typing in the current meta:
/
/
[
/
]

Dragapult again at the top of the Camomons metagame! I think this is the best and the most flexible offensive mon in the current metagame. Dragapult is still the fastest mon (Choice Scarfer excluded) and therefore acts as a great speed control. Thanks to this speed, it can hold Choice Specs making it a potent revenge killer especially with Infiltrator to pass through Screens and Substitute. This is also the best offensive pivot forcing switches enabling your breakers to enter safely in the battlefield. HDB Hex+WoW Dragapult also made a come back this generation due to hazard stacking but also thanks to the disappearance of things like Rillaboom, Heatran, Clefable or Blissey being quite bad atm. I will not particularly recommand
in the current metagame because Grounds are everywhere.

:sv/garchomp:
/
[
/
/
]

I will not come back on this one because I already talked about it there but yeah Garchomp is still amazing especially the
one being great again without Rillaboom. Garchomp can reliably run the trinity (see below) making it a great breaker with a really good defensive utility. Set Rocks and Spikes reliably when it's not able to break.

:sv/baxcalibur:
/
/
/

Great typing diversity with the strongest physical and reliable Dragon move, Glaive Rush. This mon is a threat with DD combined to terastallization preventing revenge killing or to abuse from Terablast. You better run priority move or faster Scarf otherwise you might be in trouble against this thing. I didn't see it a lot but theoretically you can try
SD one with STAB Ice Shard too but ngl DD is just better I think. EDIT: Terastallization is now gone for god sake.

:sv/hydreigon:
/
/
[
/
/
]

Again, I will not come back much on this one because I discussed it here. Hydreigon has large typing diversity paired with a good bulk for such offensive mon making it quite unpredictable and easy to setup with NP. Losing Roost prevents it to abuse from its defensive qualities too much but makes it even threatening thanks to the replacement by a coverage move. Terastallization was an amazing tool for it to prevent revenge killing which is the most common way to beat it. It's also one of the best Choice Scarfer in the current metagame benefiting from U-Turn and (T-)Spikes immunity thanks to Levitate.

:sv/dragonite:
/
/
/
/
/
[
/
]

This mon ended up being too much for Camomons every time and I don't think it will change this generation. Band is a great breaker but is much more than that thanks to STAB Espeed (being almost as powerful as Rillaboom's Grassy Glide from last generation) making it a potent revenge killer and late game sweeper. DD sets still abuse well Multiscale combined to great bulk and Roost. Dragonite also gets a great diversity in terms of typing making it unpredictable and even harder to check in the builder. It was also one of the best abuser of terastallization whatever the set. Just busted mon even though people only started playing it quite recently from my knowledge.

SGM (Stupid Ghost Moves) abusers

:sv/annihilape:
[
/
/
]

Annihilape is the fat teams nightmare. With great bulk for an offensive mon and access to Taunt and Bulk Up, common passive walls are unable to break it while boosting Rage Fist with their frail attacks. With enough SpD, the monke is able to withstand powerful hits such as Specs super effective Shabow Ball from Dragapult or Specs Overheat from Chi-Yu. You need to be extremely careful playing against this mon to not let Rage Fist getting stronger and stronger. Ghost supported by anything that hit Normal and Dark is a great partner for Rage Fist although we often prefer its base typing being great and allowing more recovery with STAB Drain Punch. It was also one of the best abuser of terastallization like in SV OU.

:sv/houndstone:
/
[
]

Stupid dog fishing for no Normal or no bulky enough Dark for the win. Normal mons are however quite common atm with things like Dragonite, Noivern or Cyclizar so the dog is kept in leash? I still think it could be an unhealthy presence in the metagame although we have more tools to deal with it with respect to OU. Choice Scarf works as cleaner but the current tendancy to bring HO isn't a good news for it due to Balance running Dragapult a lot and even some Choice Scarfer. Sand Rush with Sand support still has to prove itself. Immune Dragonite Espeed and Breloom Mach Punch.

Sword Dancers night club

:sv/cinderace:
/
/
[
/
]

Libero nerf but SD up! Let's be real, Cinderace would probably have been banned if Libero wasn't nerfed due to SD addition making it uncontrollable. Things are less clear concerning it being too much or not now due how bad SD and Libero synergizes (if you click SD first then you're Normal until you switch which is quite bad ngl). In fact you often better run Blaze because Libero will end up being a nerf whenever you're not clicking an attacking move However, what's sure is that Cinderace is really good with either Blaze (SD and Boots) or Libero Band/Scarf. Court Change is also super valuable right now with hazards stacking and screens HO teams everywhere.

:sv/lycanroc-dusk:
/
/
[
/
]

Lycanroc-Dusk almost disappeared this new generation due to the new toys syndrom. Banned and the end of last generation, nothing changed about it (let's not include Trailblaze as an addition lol) and it still has powerful TC boosted moves. Variants with Psychic Fangs are good right now to break screens and priority always helps in such offensive metagame. I think it will end up being too much again but isn't the priority rn.

:sv/iron valiant:
/
/
/
/
[
/
/whatever tbh]

Iron Valiant is one of the biggest winner in Camomons thanks to its extremely LARGE movepool. It's just impossible to find something able to check every Iron Valiant set due to this diversity. Moreover it gets many useful moves such as Knock Off, SD, CM, Trick and a priority or even Futur Sight and Destiny Bond. Being faster than Lycanroc-Dusk it competes for the role of "Fast amazing but frail breaker" without reliable SI. Because the metagame is too offensive right now Iron Valiant still hides in the darkness.

:sv/kingambit:
[
]

Kingambit is one of the best abuser of
both offensively and defensivly. This mon's bulk is fantastic making it really hard to OHKO even for the most powerful breakers in the metagame. It acts as bulky breaker but also as revenge killer or sweeper thanks to Sucker Punch. It can end up being a nightmare for unprepared teams.

:sv/drednaw:
/
[
]

I never thought Drednaw will be on the watchlist since Rillaboom's arrival last generation but yeah the monkey is gone for now making it crazy again in rain teams. Moreover, GF gave it Shell Smash so you can now try Strong Jaw boosted Crunch in HO teams. Ice Spinner is also a cool addition and replacement for Megahorn against Grass or
mons. Just a really solid setup sweeper/breaker that you shouldn't underestimate. Note that you can also use Shell Smash with Swift Swim in rain to outspeed every Choice Scarfer.

:sv/breloom:
[
]

Ok ngl this mon is really good.
is an excellent offensive typing while being good defensively and inherently resisting to hazards. Close Combat + Technician boosted Aerial Ace is a combination really hard to switch-in while Mach Punch Technician boosted does good damages giving it some nice speed control. Last move is Spore for sleep fair and balanced moment or SD to become a killing machine. One of the mon I enjoyed playing the most so far! See ponchlake's post.

:sv/quaquaval:

I will not come back on this mon because AGAIN, I already made a post to talk about this little gem but I can now attest it is good! It's an excellent sweeper for Screens HO abusing from Aqua Step boosting speed, SD and Moxie while providing some good resists. Its place still remains to find in more balanced style but I'm pretty sure it gets one!

:sv/iron hands:
[
/
]

There was a lot of talk about Iron Hands being good or not in Camomons and what could be a good typing for it. I think we finally found it in
being good offensively and defensively while abusing from STAB Drain Punch to stay on the field. EQ allows to hit Poison mons therefore completing a nice coverage. Under screens this mon is almost impossible to OHKO so it's quite easy to get a SD up. Mention to
variants which are cool AV users if we forget how bad AV is atm with hazards everywhere. See PrincessGardevoir's post!

Click buttons and watch things die

:sv/flutter mane:
[
/
/
/
/
/...]

We let Flutter Mane survive so far to see if Camomons provided more counterplay to it or not. The answer is no. Base typing is still amazing offensively with extremely spammable moves while being immune to Extreme Speed and Mach Punch defensively.
SpD Ting-Lu is probably the best check but is in trouble long run or against Mystical Fire under sun. Slowking barely avoids being 2HKO by Specs Moonblast but Energy Ball is there to get it. Base Clodsire still doesn't like Shadow Ball spam but also disappears on Psyshock. Finally Specs Shadow Ball is too much for
SpD Skeledirge to handle. Overall counterplay isn't as limited as it was in SV OU but it's still not enough to make Flutter Mane balanced.

:sv/chi-yu:
/

Chi-Yu is the strongest special breaker in the current meta thanks to its great Spa and Beads of Ruin reducing opposing mons SpD. Nothing good is able to reliably switch-in Specs while Scarfers still hits like a Specs Dragapult while providing great speed control. Flame Charge NP sweeper is also interesting but hard to make it work. I think this mon isn't completely broken right now due to the metagame being too offensive but it will probably end up being too much whenever the meta starts to be more balanced.

:sv/iron bundle:

Camomons changes absolutely nothing for Iron Bundle because its vanilla typing is already the best and it's not like you have other options LOL. Like Flutter Mane, we waited to see if this metagame could offer more options against it but we have to face the facts, no. No combination is able to deal with Hpump + Ice Beam + Freeze Dry Specs reliably outside from Blissey which is quite bad atm. This mon is also able to pivot to avoid 50/50 sometimes. Offensive counterplay is limited to Dragapult, Choice Scarfers and Breloom (yes it takes STAB Espeed from Band Dnite lol). Special mention to Chilly Reception + Blizzard Iron Bundle being of the funniest core I played so far!

Others

:sv/espathra:
[
/
/
]

Fuck this fucking bird. Abuse good defensive typing to setup few Calm Mind while boosting its speed making Stored Power goes crazy. Quite dumb and uncompetitive mon but we just banned terastallization that was an element of its brokeness so let's see? Counterplay is narrow and based on Unaware mons (if you put them sufficiently fast otherwise Stored Power will make too much damages), phazing, strong physical attacks or super effective special ones. Basically you can manage if Espathra isn't already too much boosted. However that's why you find this mon on Screens HO to give it enough setup turns to start breaking. Note that
Ting-Lu with Whirlwind saves you from all but the
one wins at the end if only Espathra remains.

:sv/volcarona:
/
[
/
]

Volcorona back in the business again. Oh wait, where's my Heatran? Ah crap but maybe I have Toxic? Not either... RIP. And you know what? Volcarona was banned last generation although there were Heatran and Toxic. Volcarona is therefore an absolute monster this generation especially considering Toxapex disappeared, Clodsire is either weak to Psychic or Giga Drain not making it a reliable SI while getting Toxic or being Unaware. Slowking loses to Giga Drain variant or Hurricane one (TW is a cool tool however offering an emergency exit) and Ting-Lu to the Fire move. Note that Volcarona lost Roost for now but still has Morning Sun so it's not so much of an issue.

:sv/iron moth:
/
/
/
/
/
[
/
]

drampa's grandpa already did a post on this mon so I'm making this short. Basically, Iron Moth can do many things in Camomons from Choice Specs fast breaker, 2 atk + U-Turn/Tspikes + Morning Sun offensive utility or defensive one or 3 atk breaker with Fiery Dance and Morning Sun. Metagame isn't really kind to Iron Moth right now but this mon will necessarily be good at some point due to its role and typing diversity.

:sv/meowscarada:
/
/

Meowscarada is not only this new generation Camomons mascot but also a cool mon to try! I wrote a post about it there so you can check if you're interested by this mon :) But just in a few words, Knock Off + U-Turn + Fairy coverage and Flower Trick power with great speed tier and Choice Band Protean boosted attacks make this mon cool!

:ting-lu:Defensive and utility staples

I think hazards, I eat hazards, I live hazards

:sv/ting-lu:
[
]

Probably the most common defensive utility mon in the current metagame. Ting-Lu's bulk is absurb especially with Vessel of Ruin reducing opposing mons Spa.
is just a great defensive typing to take special hits while being quite resistant to hazards at the same time. This mon learns Spikes (can be used as Ground move), Stealth Rock and Whirlwind giving it a great utility and preventing setup. Protect is also a cool tool to scout moves and get additionnal recovery.

:sv/clodsire:
/
[
/
/
]

Clodsire is as good as it is in SV OU sponging many special sweepers while putting hazards of every type and preventing setup through Toxic/Haze. Water Absorb makes it the best switch-in to
Garchomp that ever existed (start to lure SR/SD and run EQ guys hehe) which is extremely valuable. Unaware variants are also good to prevent degenerated setup quite common atm in Camomons. Just a great mon offering a lot of role compression.

:sv/glimmora:
/
[
/
/
/
/
]

Glimmora is a super cool mon also considered as hazards god. I did a post about this mon so you can just check it if you want to understand what makes Glimmora interesting in Camomons. Note that Toxic Debris is better for more offensive teams and Corrosion is an option for more defensive ones (Spiky Shield synergizes better with Corrosion). Grounds variants tend to afraid Steel mons allowing to use Mortal Spin more reliably.

:sv/coalossal:
[
/
/
]

Coalossal lost Scald this generation therefore losing its main and best set in
hazard setter fishing burns. However, it found a new niche as Heatran lowcost replacement in Flash Fire Steel. Don't use it as your only hazards removal or you will probably regret it.

:sv/toedscruel:
/
/
[
/
/
]

This mon stats are bad but its movepool deserves it to be mentionned. Like really, it gets a Steel move, a Fairy move, Spore, Toxic, Knock Off, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Leech Seed and Rapid Spin. So of course you can make something with this mon because it offers so much utlity but things are less clear in practise. You obviously suffer from 4mss, poor defense and absence of recovery. I think this mon is generally outclassed by Glimmora.

Deminers, heroes of the battefield

:sv/great tusk:
/
[
/
/
/
]

Best mons in SV OU are always also good in Camomons. Great Tusk is probably the best Rapid Spinner that ever existed thanks to Knock Off utility in removing items and threatening Ghosts. This allows Great Tusk to be a consistent progress maker or opposing progress canceller. You can play it offensively or defensively it will be good. The use of HDB or Leftovers whatever the variant (understand: even if you resist rocks) can give rise to debate.

:sv/corviknight:
[
]

Almost every Defoggers felt but Corviknight. It's less effective in the current meta without threats such as Rillaboom or Urshifu or but still does the job as one of the few reliable Defoggers in the metagame while taking quite well most physical hits. Gholdengo is Corviknight's nightmare but at least you can see it coming and abuse U-Turn before being killed by hazards not being able to remove them lol.

:sv/iron treads:
/
[
/
/
]

Iron Treads is under Great Tusk most of the time unless you run typings that allows to put Knock Off, Volt Switch and Rapid Spin on the same set. Volt Switch being the only real advantage of Iron Treads over Great Tusk and not particularly good considering the metagame is full of Grounds. You can try some Body Press Iron Defense Knock Off Rapid Spin ones which can act as a quite fast utility mon with some wincon potential? It learns SR too but I recommand something else for that.

:sv/altaria:
/

I think Altaria now proved not to be only good in my head? One of the best Defogger at the moment with WoW utility and status absorption ability. However it stays quite frail and passive outside from WoW utility.

Loose utility

:sv/slowking:
/
/
/
[
/
]

Like the previous generation, this mon is probably the best slowpivot existing. Slowking is able to sponge special hits well while pivoting with its new signature tool, Chilly Reception, Teleport's replacement (rip Slowbro). Slowking is just perfect in this role thanks to Regenerator allowing it to scout moves or keep momentum instead of clicking the recovery move. Although this mon only serves as slowpivot SpD wall, it's such a great role in fact lol. Note that you can't play it as pivot anymore for weather teams (beside hail) for obvious reasons.

:sv/wo-chien:

Probably the biggest surprise we had so far. Wo-Chien is great!! Although it can almost only run this typing, it's just one of the best typing existing in the game and perfect to abuse its mixed bulk. What makes Wo-Chien good is Knock Off paired with Poison Powder, Leech Seed and Protect making this mon surprisingly annoying to deal with chipping you while recovering. A defensive glue that will probably continue to rise when the metagame will reach a more balanced state.

:sv/skeledirge:
/
[
/
/
]

The Number Man surprised me with this mon when we played a game.
is a quite good defensive typing but also a great offensive one benefiting from Torch Song Spa boosts. You can play Curse to make it a bulky setup sweeper or WoW for utility. Still the x4 Water weakness sucks due to how common this typing is.
is the new rising one. Combined to Unaware, Skeldirge is able to deal with a wide range of setup breakers and especially some from the Sword Dancers Night Club! Slack Off this the Normal move so you're able to fit WoW and Torch Song as last moves to get more utility. Some issues with the monkey, here's a solution!

:sv/dudunsparce:
/
/
/
/
[
/
]

Dudunsparce gets a good overall bulk with a large movepool making it interesting in Camomons. What makes Dudunsparce funny is to abuse from Serene Grace with secondary effect moves like Thunder, Shadow Ball or Ice Beam. It also learns some utility moves like Stealth Rock and Glare as well as a recovery one with Roost. The metagame isn't suited for them rn but you can also think to Coil and CM bulky setup variant.

:gholdengo:Others

:sv/gholdengo:
[
]

Gholdengo doesn't change a lot in Camomons being still golded. Great defensive typing but not that bad offensively neither. Good As Gold prevents Defog making it a great addition for hazards stacking teams. It can also be used as status or Trick absorber. However, the high usage of Slowking and Ting-Lu as well as some Skeledirge, Clodsire or Iron Moth makes this mon less threatening offensively speaking. Solid mon with an overall utility!

:sv/garganacl:
/
[
/
]

The immovable rock. Garganacl is a super solid mon with excellent physical bulk and great special one allowing to take a wide variety of hits combined to Recover. Purifying Salt makes it completely immune to status while providing a Ghost resist which is just excellent. Finally it gets Salt Cure, a powerful move making permanent damages (12% per turn or 25% for Steel and Water mons) as long as they stay on the field (unlike moves like Infestation ending when you switch or after 4-5 turns). This move makes Garganacl really hard to deal with although being a defensive mon because it exerts pressure on basically anything. Requiring only 2 moves to work, Salt Cure and Recover, you can just throw quite useless move just to get a good typing. That's why the Steel move can be Iron Defense even if you're not running Body Press, it just gives you the Steel type while making you so hard to break on the physical side. The Ghost move is Curse which is also quite bad (Ghost Curse effect) but typing you know.
Note that running Stealth Rock is often not an option because either you're Rock type which is bad defensively either you give up Salt Cure making it completely passive (outside from Body Press + Iron Defense one). See Euphonos's post for more details! If you saw this add this mon to the watchlist pls kek.

:sv/grimmsnarl:

God screeners with Taunt and Parting Shot. This mon contributes to make HO the best playstyle atm. The mono Dark typing allows to not get an annoying x4 weakness to U-Turn with the Psychic type. Being Dark also prevents opposing Grimmsnarl from taunting you or using Parting Shot.

:sv/ditto:

Mention to this mon for being probably the most reliable tool vs HO lol.

The trinity:

The trinity refers to what I consider to be the 3 best overall typings in the game. They are 3 typings really common in Camomons you should prep for.

is a typing with only one x4 weakness to Grass, a typing quite rare offensively, making this typing great defensively. It also offers an immu Elec and some cool resists like Fire and Rock (SR) ones. Because you get this few weaknesses, the type is great to make physical or special sponge abusing bulk to take hits while not being too weak to coverage. Offensively, while being simply hard countered by a pure Grass type, the typing is great. This is due to both Grass being quite rare (although this typing is probably a good reason to run one) and Ground + Water being independently great offensive typing. It's also a typing quite easy to get if you get a Water move considering Earthquake large distribution.
:baxcalibur::dragonite::drednaw::garchomp::hydreigon::beartic::haxorus::slowking::clodsire:

has 3 weaknesses to Ground, Elec and Psychic. The last one is often not so much of an issue because offensive Psychic mons are quite rare as well as Psychic coverage. Elec is a good offensive type but always had troubles to work efficiently in Camomons with the large amount of Grounds that there are. Finally Ground is a common offensive type but, due to your potential Water STAB, they cannot come safely. So while getting 3 weaknesses, it's in fact surprisingly hard to deal with this typing. Moreover, this typing offers many useful resists in Fairy, Fire, Water, Fighting, Ice, Poison, Steel and Bug offering an excellent resists/weaknesses ratio. Offensively, the typing is also surprisingly good with a large coverage.
While being less common this generation with Scald and Toxic removal from many Pokemon's movepool, the typing still has many abusers.
:garchomp::iron valiant::drednaw::dudunsparce::toxapex::clodsire:

is one of the best existing typing in the game if not the best. Defensively you're only weak to Ground while getting an immunity to Psychic and resists to Dark, Ghost, Grass and Poison which is one of the best ratio. Like
, it allows to make sponges able to endure almost any hit which is not Ground if you have enough bulk. Offensively you benefit from Dark being a really good offensive type supported by Poison to hit Fairies. This typing is also quite easy to get with super reliable moves like Knock Off, Toxic, Poison Jab, etc making it hard to switch-in reliably. Even though many abusers have been removed this gen with Knock Off and Toxic removal from some movepool, there are still abusers.
:garchomp::iron valiant::drednaw::kingambit::wo-chien::amoonguss:

You should keep these typings in mind and get a way to deal with them.

Conclusion

I tried to present a complete picture of the current Camomons metagame to help people learning and understanding it better. However, the Camomons metagame is still quite underdeveloped so many changes will probably happen during the following weeks through the ongoing Camomons Kickoff Tournament! Feel free to share sets you found interesting or to discuss the metagame as I did to help Camomons grow!
wigcontent.png

ponchlake FIRST hehe.

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Hi, I don't play Camomons much outside of random room tours but I discovered a set that has served me well in those matches and discussed it with Siamato in the room.

:Cyclizar:Steel / Flying
Cyclizar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Shed Tail

Basic premise is to Shed Tail spam early game, sweep later game once annoyances like Ting-Lu are pushing up daisies (KO'd). Despite it's relatively low attack it is able to do a lot of work after just one Shift Gear and Acrobatics. It can fit on highly aggressive teams really well as it's role as a support is unhindered as it still packs Shed Tail and Knock Off to harass the opposing team. It isn't overpowered by any means, but it is a great typing on top of compressing several roles into one Pokemon, which from my perspective is always cool.

Last edited:
:meowscarada:COUNCIL NEWS:meowscarada:

With the ongoing SV Camomons Kickoff Tournament, your Camomons council works to improve and develop the metagame!

GENERAL INFORMATION
Camomons is now challengeable on PS since a several days! You no longer require to copy/paste the code on the OP to challenge people in Camomons which makes things definitely easier for the tournament but also for friendlies!

Comprehensive Pokemon Description Post Code

Here's the standardized code if you wish to put a comprehensive description on the Pokemon you wish to showcase. If you see elements in "< >" in the code, you can overwrite that into the Pokemon you wish to highlight.
We finally added a standardized post code to help you sharing sets easily. This notably includes the type list to copy/paste on your post to make it more clear and visual!

TIERING ACTIONS: BAN SLATE
With the ongoing SV Camomons Kickoff Tournament and Camomons being challengeable, the council finally gets a better picture of the metagame based on the data extracted from the games. These data finally allow us to take important tiering actions without being hesitant about our decisions lacking objectivity. We thus decided to held the first real ban slate of this generation! Noted that this ban slate takes into account the recent ban of terastallization. The banned elements below have been estimated too much even without terastallization. The others are either fine or elements we want to see more about before another potential vote.
Quick Ban...​
Euphonos​
The Number Man​
Clastia​
Ponchlake​
Siamato​
RESULTS​
:annihilape:Annihilape​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB​
ABS​
DNB​
DNB
:baxcalibur:Baxcalibur​
DNB​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
:chi-yu:Chi-Yu​
DNB​
DNB​
BAN​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB
:cyclizar:Cyclizar​
DNB​
DNB​
BAN​
DNB​
ABS​
DNB
:dragonite:Dragonite​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
:drednaw:Drednaw​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB​
ABS​
DNB
:espathra:Espathra​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
:flutter mane:Flutter Mane​
BAN​
DNB​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
:houndstone:Hounstone​
DNB​
DNB​
BAN​
DNB​
ABS​
DNB
:hydreigon:Hydreigon​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB​
BAN​
DNB​
DNB
:iron bundle:Iron Bundle​
BAN​
DNB​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
:iron valiant:Iron Valiant​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB​
DNB
:volcarona:Volcarona​
DNB​
BAN​
DNB​
ABS​
BAN​
NO ACTION

:sv/baxcalibur::sv/dragonite::sv/espathra::sv/flutter mane::sv/iron bundle:

Baxcalibur, Dragonite, Espathra, Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle are now banned from SV Camomons!
Reasoning are available below:

:baxcalibur:Baxcalibur
Viable typings:
/
/
[
/
/
/
]
Stats: 115/145/92/75/86/87
Ability: Thermal Exchange

Relevant moves (for typing):

- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash
- Thunder Fang
- Crunch

Other Moves: Dragon Dance, Sword Dance, Ice Shard
Baxcalibur may look like other Dragons such as Salamence or Haxorus with good movepool and access to DD so, why is it problematic?
  • Baxcalibur is slightly slower than Salamence and Haxorus (doesn't matter that much considering you outspeed Dragapult at +1) but is way more bulkier. Such great bulk allows to setup more easily while being harder to revenge kill.
  • Glaive Rush is the most powerful Dragon physical move on par with Outrage. However, Glaive Rush negative aspect in doubling received damages before your next move is definitely a manageable drawback while Outrage one (locking) isn't. Baxcalibur can therefore abuse a powerful Dragon move, excellent offensively.
  • Thermal Exchange prevents burn removing this kind of counterplay.
These "small" additions put together Baxcalibur over the edge. Under Screens protection it can pretty much always setup a DD and sometimes 2 therefore making revenge killing options nonexistent. Typing diversity is enough to prevent finding a way to check every possible combination (outside from some Avalugg maybe). While being rare, the
SD one abusing STAB Ice Shard is another vatiant to take into account.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1777397670
Ponchlake got an Unaware Skeledirge and a Steel but it didn't stop
Baxcalibur from just sweeping after 2 Dragon Dance. Skeledirge was unable to burn it and at Iron Head flinchs mercy while EQ took care of Steel Glimmora.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1734035818-g1vucipcczp4e99989zwqwqklj2vzfupw
Palafin managed to take a STAB x2 Retaliate from Kingambit while acting as wincon at the end being able to revenge kill everything.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1777077815-sxqdnqrpgajr0sf4dy5k95ffb5iamiwpw
Screens HO vs Screens HO, Baxca vs Baxca. Baxca didn't end winning the game on both side but managed to setup quite easily even against boosted attackers thanks to its bulk and screens support.
HO vs HO, Baxca vs Baxca but a Baxca managed to win the game by itself this time.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1778246948
Screens HO vs balanced. Baxcalibur managed to setup quite easily again and even without Screens while taking 3 kills before dying enough to make Panda lose for sure.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1772455192
This game feature
variant that almost managed to reverse sweep thanks to insane coverage and priority.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1766388490
My sample Screens HO team played by myself against my balanced sample team played by Osake. Baxca got a DD up against Specs Dragapult locked on Shadow Ball managing to sweep.

:dragonite:Dragonite
Viable typings:
/
/
/
/
[
/
/
/
/
/...]
Stats: 91/134/95/100/100/80
Ability: Multiscale / Inner Focus

- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Spinner
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head

Other Moves: Dragon Dance, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Brick Break, Substitute
Dragonite is a freaking monster that has been banned from every Camomons generation so far and is again this generation for the same reasons. It gets mainly 2 sets extremely strong on their own.
  • Dragon Dancer. This is maybe not the most effective set but the most unhealthy one. Dragonite has a similar bulk to Baxcalibur above but gets both Multiscale and Roost making setup even easier and in any teamstyle. If Dragonite isn't winning after a single DD like Baxcalibur often manages to do thanks to more immediate power, Dragonite's power lies in the fact it can setup more than one DD and quite easily. Defensive mon cannot really threat it with Multiscale + Roost so even though they can wall it for a time, they're just setup fodder doomed to die. Offensive mons are not the way either because Dragonite is able to outspeed Dragapult, fastest mon without Choice Scarf in the metagame after a single Dragon Dance. Not taking into account Multiscale prevents revenge killing quite well again.
    Counterplay is mainly based on the few Toxic mon available atm and some Unaware mons like Skeledirge, Dondozo or Clodsire. Toxic failing against any Steel or Sub variant for instance but also is MU reliant. Indeed, because Dragonite gets an insane typing diversity, your Toxic user may just be onwed before poisoning it.

• Choice Bander. This variant is quite predictable considering it runs Normal typing to abuse from STAB Extreme Speed to become both a strong breaker and an excellent revenge killer. However, due to Dragonite's large coverage, there's almost no switch-in to this variant.
    252+ Atk Choice Band
    Dragonite Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def
    Skeledirge: 198-234 (48.1 - 56.9%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band
    Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
    Glimmora: 211-250 (57 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band
    Dragonite Aqua Tail vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def
    Corviknight: 172-204 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
    252+ Atk Choice Band
    Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
    Altaria: 169-201 (47.7 - 56.7%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
    Quite frail offensive mon just get farmed by Band Espeed able to OHKO things like Dragapult, Cinderace, Noivern, Meowscarada or Ceruledge. It's therefore quite hard to play around Band Dnite because your offensive mon can just drop on Espeed but your defensive mon might be 2HKO by EQ/Aqua Tail or a coverage move like Ice Spinner or Fire Punch. This variant presents a healthy part as metagame control through the poweful revenge killing move but is also unhealthy with narrow counterplay either offensive or defensive. Multiscale is still there to be able to survive a hit from almost anything if required.
Each set is potentially banworthy on its own making Dragonite definitely too much to handle for the metagame.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1772462140
Band Dnite just sweeping with Extreme Speed after Ghost being gone and resists weaken.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1772455192
Another Band Dnite game where we see how difficult it is to switch-in.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1773081297-khoo8zytd2dvwmz7a11pdzdclb43wz0pw
Band Dnite vs Sun with tera around. Espeed completely busted lol.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1733033315-y0odej2cq4m1pb3gj3tieavdso3x45qpw
Screens HO with Espeed DD Dragonite.

:espathra:Espathra
Viable typings:
/
[
/
/
]
Stats: 95/60/60/101/60/105
Ability: Speed Boost

- Flash Cannon
- Roost
- Stored Power, Lumina Crash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Other Moves: Calm Mind
Espathra or stupid bird for those who prefer doesn't look stupid at preview considering its quite bad stats but has other cards up its sleeves. The most outstanding one is definitely Speed Boost among the best abilities in the game. With a great speed stat, it can abuse it perfectly to outspeed many things at +1 even without requiring a full invest. On top of that, Espathra gets both Calm Mind and Roost, well known ingredients constituting the basis of bulky setup sweeper. With both Calm Mind and Speed Boost, Espathra can abuse so well Stored Power getting +60 power after each Calm Mind. Finally, Flash Cannon allows to abuse
, great defensive typing to setup more easily and Dazzling Gleam allows to threat Dark immune to Stored Power. All of these combined together makes Espathra becoming a terrifying threat if it manages to get a few setup turns.
The question therefore is, how easy does it manage to get these few setup turns? Well, it's true its bulk is quite bad but still usable. For instance, a physically defensive spread allows to take hits such a STAB Liquidation from +2 Garchomp. After a Calm Mind, you can withstand a Thunderbolt from Specs Dragapult with
Espathra and continue to setup with Roost removing temporary your Electric weakness.
Moreover, Espathra highly benefits from Screens to mitigate even more its low bulk and get enough setup turns to sweep. Unaware mons such as Clodsire and Skeledirge are unable to hit some variants of Espathra making them setup fodders at the mercy of boosted Stored Power. Even quite hard counter such as
Ting-Lu with Whirlwind isn't perfect considering it loses the 1v1 vs Espathra last one standing.
While this mon may be inconsistent, it has been deemed as uncompetitive by your Camomons council by unanimous consent.

:flutter mane:Flutter Mane
Viable typings:
/
/
/
[
/
/
]
Stats: 55/55/55/135/135/135
Ability: Protosynthesis

- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Mystical Fire
- Hyper Voice

Other Moves: Calm Mind, Hex, Substitute, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Wish
Flutter Mane started to appear quite recently in this new Camomons generation. Was it because nobody could have believed we let this mon free or because people expected it to be banned soon? We don't know.
Flutter was allowed to stay in the metagame because, even though Camomons should make it more stupid than what is was in OU, it also brought more counterplay to it. Indeed, things like
Ting-Lu/Garganacl,
+
/
/
Slowking,
Skeledirge or even regular Clodsire were quite good to deal with it.
However, while there's more defensive counterplay to Flutter in Camomons, the diversity of its sets ended up being too much. Steel are completely at the mercy of Fire Flutter Mane under Sun while Slowking has trouble taking correctly Specs Moonblast (and don't really threat it back).
Offensive counterplay was extremely limited considering it was the third fastest mon in the metagame and bulky enough on the special side to take hits from Specs Iron Bundle or Dragapult. Ghost variant were also immune to both Extreme Speed and Mach Punch making Dragonite or Breloom unable to revenge kill it.
At the end of the day Flutter Mane is just too centralising forcing to use extremely defensive mon due to offensive counterplay or soft check being almost non-existent. And even with such specially defensive mon, you can't be sure to really handle Flutter Mane due to typing diversity combined to power making its best checks often close to a 2HKO. Special mention to Flutter Mane in sun being completely absurd.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9camomons-1781073468
Flutter Mane sun vs Drednaw rain. The game shows how difficult it is to switch-in Flutter Mane with offensive style due to how fast and strong it is, even without sun unlike Drednaw requiring rain.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1774506274
Flutter Mane is too powerful for SpD Skeledirge to take Specs Moonblast.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1774513010
If a Steel is around, just use something else to break it like Specs Thunderbolt to 2HKO Garganacl.

:iron bundle:Iron Bundle
Viable typings:

Stats: 56/80/114/124/60/136
Ability: Quark Drive

- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam, Freeze Dry

Other Moves: Flip Turn, Encore, Blizzard
Let's be clear, Iron Bundle literally didn't win anything in Camomons due to how restricted its movepool is. However, who said you need to change your set to be great or broken in Camomons?
Iron Bundle stays exactly identical to what it was in OU with perfect coverage in Hydro Pump + Freeze Dry. It's the second fastest threat in the metagame making it almost impossible to deal with offensively (note that it takes an Extreme Speed from Band Dragonite from full).
We wanted to see if Camomons could brought more counterplay to it with respect to OU but we now reached the conclusion: no. Every common SpD wall such as Slowking, Ting-Lu or Clodsire get broken by either Hpump or Freeze Dry. And even without any weakness, things like SpD Corv, Iron Moth, Glimmora or Wo-Chien may be 2HKO due to how hard Iron Bundle hits.
Moreover, Iron Bundle pairs extremely well with Chilly Reception Slowking allowing it to run Blizzard instead of Ice Beam and boosting its defense stat. It also excels in rain team with busted Hydro Pump close to 2HKO Blissey (just click Flip Turn once to get enough chip to 2HKO for sure next time).
In brief, nothing has really changed in Camomons and Iron Bundle is still almost impossible to deal with defensively but also offensively making it broken. Special mention to
Clodsire with Water Absorb being THE only "viable" (or not garbage at least) counter we found lol.

We're of course interested in knowing your thoughts about these bans so feel free to discuss them here! Do you think some bans were premature? Do you think we should have watched Light Clay or Grimmsnarl instead of Baxcalibur and Espathra? Want something else to be banned or want to know the reasoning behind or DNB votes? Tell us!
These bans will be really impactul on the metagame and we're looking forward to see how the metagame develop to continue leading it in the right direction. The watchlist will be edited soon to take into account the rise of new potentially banworthy element.

Tagging Euphonos for banlist, viability list, watchlist and sample teams (addition of outdated ones) edition! :heart:
Tagging Kris for Baxcalibur, Dragonite, Espathra, Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle bans implementation on PS. Thanks in advance!

No super-effective weaknesses here, thanks to Dark/Poison Haunter:

Haunter @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 176 Def / 88 SpA / 244 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

Its gets more tough to beat than Gengar thanks to its Eviolite and plus it has Levitate, neutralizing ground, so it has no weaknesses.

It's a good idea to switch in when the opponent puts a defensive tank, then with one Nasty Plot you have a 580 SpA mon with no weaknesses.

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
I think this is my first Camomon team I have posted and am fairly happy with, there have been many iterations to this but the final product is as thusly.

:Garchomp: :Skeledirge: :Slowking: :Quaquaval: :Garganacl: :Cyclizar:
^Pokepaste Here^

:Garchomp:

Craunch (Garchomp) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is an offensive force, it's typing grants it resistances to various threats like
and

typing but in exchange it requires additional coverage in order to bypass anything with Steel typing, which in this case meant exchanging Stealth Rock for Earthquake.

:Skeledirge:

Groover (Skeledirge) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Skeledirge is a wall and bulky setup sweeper that is
, it's a typing that grants useful resistances and is quite potent offensively but has a glaring weakness to
that must not be underestimated.

:Slowking:

Farquaad (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Foul Play
- Surf
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception

Pivot Extraordinaire, Slowking is
for one reason alone... Chi-Yu whom is otherwise able to mow down the team with it's ridiculous sets.

:Quaquaval:

Tip Tap (Quaquaval) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Aqua Step
- Swords Dance
- Roost

A monster,
Quaquaval is a beast that can sweep teams easily, often the opponents only response is to have it wear itself down with Brave Bird before somehow revenging it or forcing it to KO itself.

:Garganacl:

Nacl (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Salt Cure
- Recover

Another beast, Garganacl is a bulky sweeper and general harasser of teams with it's combination of stab Body Press and the ever annoying Salt Cure.

:Cyclizar:

Armstrong (Cyclizar) @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shift Gear
- Rapid Spin
- Shed Tail

Finally,
Cyclizar is able to act in it's usual capacity as a Shed Tail abuser whilst pressuring the opponent lategame once bulky resistences have been taken care of. Sitrus Berry is used because you shouldn't be sweeping early game, pretend other moves aside from Rapid Spin don't exist especially if things like
are on the opposing team and just press Shed Tail.

Game plan is simple, generally lead with Cyclizar unless they have a obviously faster Pokemon such as Dragapult, in which case lead with another Pokemon. Setup Shed Tails / Pivot with Slowking throughout the game to bring in your sweepers / Bulky setup Pokemons and wear down the opponent until one sweeper is finally able to end the game itself.

Camo ladder is back for a month?! Was unexpected but let's go!!

I just figured out with Giagantic's team above that I didn't share any team yet outside from samples submitted as council member... Because the metagame has a new look with the last ban slate, I think it's the good time to submit new sample teams for people to try Camomons on the future ladder! Although it means I have to endure people like Osake and Dragonillis mistreating my babies :psycry:

Dumb Screens HO (v2)

><
PokemonExplanations

Mono Dark Grimmsnarl is the most standard one. The typing allows to run Taunt, Parting Shot, Light Screens and Reflect while not getting an annoying x4 weakness to U-Turn (
case) and resisting opposing Grimmsnarl Prankster Taunt (mono
case). Just the best screener in the current metagame without a doubt.

I made a post on this one! Quaquaval definitely found a place in Camomons as one of the greatest sweeper thanks to Flying + Water being an excellent offensive combination (and one of the reason I started to run
:slowking: in many teams lol) combined to Aqua Step increasing our wet duck's speed by 1 and Sword Dance to break through hardest walls. Moxie is also great for such hyper offensive team for the snowball effect. Roost allows to setup more on quite passive things especially thanks to screens protection.
Jolly is mandatory to outspeed Dragapult at +1.

Original idea by ponchlake who's the first who brought that from my knowledge(?)! I think this set is the best to abuse Iron Hand's best qualities. The typing is quite good defensively (Fairy is just goated) taking advantage of Iron's Hands amazing bulk to take almost everything through Screens. Offensively, Fairy still does well especially with Fighting support to break through Steels. The Fighting type is also used to give Drain Punch a STAB and get more staying power. Earthquake is the last move because Fighting + Fairy coverage weakness is Poison or things like
. Sword Dance allows to break through walls even with such "weak" STAB.
177 Spe makes it faster than Wo-Chien (70) but you can make it slower or faster depending on what you want to reach.

Even though Volcarona lost Roost this generation, it's even more stupid this generation (reminder it was banned last gen) due to Heatran absence and Toxic removal from the movepool of many mons. We're going with a fully offensive one there. Psychic allows to hit things such as
:clodsire: (not able to wall Volcarona even with Unaware) while Giga Drain targets Water mons.

Yes, Drednaw is viable outside from rain! This set combine one of the greatest typing of all time,
, Strong Jaw boosted Crunch, Shell Smash and Drednaw natural good bulk in a set. Earthquake allows to deal with opposing
or
:garganacl:. This mon is a beast under screens protection because it's easy to get a Shell Smash up and abuse from a busted Crunch while hard to kill.

This one is an attempt to replace Espathra from the v1. This idea is to use another special sweeper in addition to Volcarona to not get permawalled by some physically defensive Unaware mons such as Skeledirge, Dondozo or some Iron Defense things. This typing is surprisingly decent offensively and defensively. Both Giga Drain and Strengh Sap can help restauring a broken focus sash or get another Shell Smash up.
I'm not sure about this mon so I will maybe replace it one day. Strengh Sap can be changed for Will-O-Wisp, Stored Power or Memento.

Overall this team has large typing diversity to find a way of breaking through almost any defensive core while preventing some things to sweep (Quaqua checks well Swift Swim Drednaw under rain, Volcarona prevents same typing Chi-Yu from destroying the team, Drednaw walls and beats same typing Kingambit thanks to EQ, etc. This team works well against almost any teamstyle making it really good I believe.

Triple Choice Balanced

><​

PokemonExplanations

I figured out I didn't make a good team based on Meowscarada yet and I decided to remedy this. Meowscarada is indeed a cool mon with many tools as mentionned is this post I made. I don't have much reason about typing outside from "Oh it could be good to get 2 immunities, a Ghost resist and a 0,25 Dark resist on an offensive mon. Because yeah, you only care about the defensive ability of your typing with choice locked Protean mon. Note that Flower Trick can be removed for Sucker Punch, Trick, Spikes or Tspikes!

Chi-Yu is the dumb mon I decided to abuse in combination with Meowscarada. The idea is pretty simple, scare things with Meowscarada to pivot on Chi-Yu and let the opponent pick one. Almost nothing can switch in this thing outside from Giagantic's Slowking set above which is generally not the best.

Corvi isn't great this gen I'll say but still does the job. Good defensive mon with pivot, recovery and the extremely rare and valuable Defog.

Ting-Lu is probably the best defensive glue in the current metagame. It takes physical and special damages well thanks to an absurd bulk combined to a good defensive typing. Setup Stealth Rock here but can also setup Spikes. Whirlwind is always helpful in case of random bulky setup.

My goat Slowking is so fucking great again! Don't listen Clastia saying this mon doesn't deserve to be at A+ because the only thing it does is slowpivot (who cares about somebody playing Torkoal Sun TR anw smh)!! Now that Blissey is out of the equation losing Teleport, Slowking is now the only SpD wall able to slowpivot. The typing offers Fire and Water resists as well as overall Quaquaval resist. Chilly Reception helps a lot against weather based team.

People are all running Nasty Plot Hydreigon because it's still dumb even without Roost but I figured out Hydreigon is also one of the best choice scarfer in the current metagame. You may say, "Didn't you make a Dragapult but weaker (no Choice Specs)?" but the answer is no. Dragapult and Scarf Hydreigon don't provide the same degree of speed control. Dragapult is the fastest viable mon in the current metagame without any item which therefore acts as a speed control. However, Dragapult is in fact at the mercy of any kind of speed setup (Quaquaval, Haxorus, Great Tusk, Volcarona, Drednaw, Heracross, etc) making it a not so great speed control in practise.
Scarf Hydreion therefore acts as a better speed control and fast pivot able to revenge kill things even throughout long games thanks to Spikes and Tspikes immunity with Levitate. It's also an addiotionnal resist to Water and Ground which is valuable for this team. Finally, it's an answer to Swift Swim Drednaw defensively (you're slower even with Choice Scarf but it can't break you even at +2).

This one was born recently so I didn't have the chance to play it a lot but I feel it's quite easy to understand and play although maybe not the best. You have one of the most standard defensive core of camo atm, slow and fast pivots and utility roles are well fulfilled with item removal, breaker, hazard setter, defogger, phazer and yellow magic.

Resubmitting this one too because its viability didn't get affected by the last ban slate (or positively if any). An original hazards-spam featuring 2 really cool and promising mon, Breloom and Altaria!

Last edited:

ponchlake

I'll definitely be trying to playtest this gen's camomons on ladder proper once it's up as much as possible, I'd love to have my team one day be on the sample teams lists~

I also look forward to ruining approximately everyone's days with Shell Smash Drednaw!
We are in need of sample teams right now as it turns out. Maybe you could try submitting one now or towards the end of the month, and we might just take it :quagchamppogsire:

Although it means I have to endure people like Osake and Dragonillis mistreating my babies :psycry:
I won't tolerate Osake and Drago slander, buckeroo :psyangry:

1675314641136.png

Ok, this guy needs to GO. Shed Tail is simply way too strong, maybe even stronger than in OU because everything simply has better defensive typings, including Zar itself. Its way too easy to put something that simply wins the game with a free turn into position. The fact it has regenerator only makes it more busted, We can test Orthworm and decide if Shed Tail itself is the problem later but rn Cyclizar is the most blatantly busted pokemon with the move and it's making the tier insufferable, not even getting into Shed Tail Screens which I was laddering with earlier, shit is way too good.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good day, everyone! Hope you guys are doing well especially with the ladder being active for the month of February!

As the Leader of the Camomons metagame, time for me to announce some breaking news: the Council has decided to hold another voting slate! Here are the results of the second voting slate:

Notes:
(B-N-A): Ban - No Ban - Abstain
*bound for a suspect test in the very near future.
PokemonEUPHTNMSIAMCLASPNCHRESULT
(B-N-A)
DNB​
ABS​
ABS​
BAN​
BAN​
NA*
(2-1-2)
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
(5-0-0)
BAN​
ABS​
BAN​
BAN​
ABS​
BAN
(3-0-2)
DNB​
BAN​
ABS​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
(3-1-1)
DNB​
ABS​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
(3-1-1)
DNB​
ABS​
ABS​
DNB​
DNB​
NO BAN
(0-3-2)
DNB​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN
(4-1-0)

Chi-Yu, Cyclizar, Drednaw, Houndstone, and Volcarona are now banned from [Gen 9] Camomons!

For the reasoning behind the bans of each Pokemon, there's a PokePaste linked on each Pokemon's name which mentions the most relevant sets that pushed over the edge.

Chi-Yu
//

Dark Pulse / Nasty Plot
Overheat / Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Flame Charge
Hex
Tera Blast
Psychic

Chi-Yu may have the second to the most barren movepool among fully-evolved Pokemon short of Iron Bundle's most useful ones, but its high-caliber Special Attack and its signature ability Beads of Ruin are more than enough to deal so much damage to the opposition, even resisted ones! Speaking of resistances,
Slowking (with Surf and Foul Play) happened to be one of the best checks to it thanks to Regenerator healing any damage off upon switching out; otherwise, finding other Pokemon with that niche may be quite difficult. Case in point: I brought a
Garchomp in our test match against Siamato as a way of taking a resisted hit from Chi-Yu's potential STABs, and even with a maximum Special Defense investment, Chi-Yu's Overheat dealt quite a lot.

There were times Chi-Yu managed to torch a Dark/Flying Pelipper even under Rain, which granted Torkoal the opportunity to set up Sun. Speaking of Sun, what more when that - being one of the strong offensive archetypes - comes into play? During my Game 2 match with K3ppr in Round 3 of the Kick-Off Tournament, Chi-Yu just managed to pummel the opposition through Fire Blasts even when resisted. This ultimately made the council convinced that Chi-Yu is way too much to handle in the metagame, and this ban decision is the most unanimous.

252 SpA Choice Specs Beads of Ruin
Chi-Yu Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD
Slowking (without Sun): 125-147 (31.7 - 37.3%)
- Guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery; 88.4% chance to 3HKO otherwise​

Slowking in Sun: 187-221 (47.4 - 56%)
- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery; 84.2% chance to 2HKO otherwise​

Chi-Yu Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD
Garchomp (without Sun): 148-174 (35.3 - 41.5%)
- 80.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery; guaranteed 3HKO otherwise​

Chi-Yu Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD
Garchomp in Sun: 222-261 (52.9 - 62.2%)
- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery; guaranteed 2HKO otherwsie​

Blissey (without Sun): 216-255 (30.2 - 35.7%)
- Guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery; 34.3% chance to 3HKO otherwise​

Blissey in Sun: 324-382 (45.3 - 53.5%)
- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery; 37.9% chance to 2HKO otherwise​

Cyclizar
//
// (etc.)
- U-Turn
- Knock Off, Taunt
- Draco Meteor, Dragon Tail
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Acrobatics
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin, Shed Tail Body Slam
- Iron Head, Shift Gear
- Aqua Tail
Cyclizar may not have been the bulkiest in the metagame, but this Pokemon has a unique set of tools which made it all the more splashable for many teams. This includes the ability to remove hazards by virtue of Rapid Spin, to remove items off of opposing Pokemon by virtue of Knock Off, to sweep unprepared teams by virtue of Shift Gear, and finally - to gain momentum by virtue of U-turn and Shed Tail. Does this remind you of someone?

Well, there's a new tool that makes Cyclizar push over the edge, and that is no other than Shed Tail. For starters, Shed Tail is a newly-introduced move that essentially passes a Substitute to a teammate Pokemon at the cost of 50% HP. What makes Cyclizar more terrifying than its other Shed Tail brethren Orthworm is its ability Regenerator which makes it able to pass as many Shed Tails as possible to a point that Dragapult (and Noivern to a lesser extent) may be one of those Pokemon who can deal with its shenanigans by virtue of Infiltrator.
:Cyclizar:

Armstrong (Cyclizar) @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shift Gear
- Rapid Spin
- Shed Tail

Cyclizar is able to act in it's usual capacity as a Shed Tail abuser whilst pressuring the opponent lategame once bulky resistences have been taken care of. Sitrus Berry is used because you shouldn't be sweeping early game, pretend other moves aside from Rapid Spin don't exist especially if things like
are on the opposing team and just press Shed Tail.

Giagantic's Cyclizar set is definitely the cornerstone to the Cyclizar it became when it got pushed over the edge, as it is capable of exerting offensive pressure to some Pokemon thanks to Acrobatics being boosted after a Sitrus Berry caused from Shed Tail. Euphonos made a eureka moment and eventually placed Eject Button on that Pokemon granted another ability to safely switch in to a potent wallbreaker like Iron Moth and Houndstone.

Reasoning behind these bans will be available later due to it being lengthy (will be edited here). Stay tuned!

Tagging Kris for the implementation; thank you very much!

Last edited:
Drednaw is now banned from [Gen 9] Camomons!
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nah but honestly, this is good. Cyclizar was aids, Chi-Yu deserves to be banned from every tier, Volcarona should have already been on the banlist considering one of the most reliable answers got nuked from orbit, and Houndstone... we don't need to discuss that.

I'm looking forward to running into less aids on the ladder now!

...what am i to do? my existence is gone, my purpose erased, my reason to go on ruined...!

1675542993206.png

I'm not yet entirely convinced this is ok, especially since Houndstone was also banned for spamming 300 BP ghost STAB everywhere. The only reason this isn't instantly folding teams is because it sometimes struggles with heavy offense, which was everywhere before the recent ban wave, but I feel like it's only going to get better as the meta continues to slow down.
1675543371847.png

This may very well be in the same boat, I don't fear it as much as I fear Ape but I could see it going ham on bulkier builds now that we're starting to get past the stage of turbo fast weather abusers and busted autowin shed tail nonsense.

Good day everybody! As you noticed, the Camomons council have been really active recently with 2 big ban slates last weeks (10 mons got banned). Rest assured these decisions have not been rushed and we took our time to think about them objectively. By removing those brokens, uncompetitives or too unhealthy elements, we think the metagame can now evolve more freely. It doesn't mean no Pokemon will turn out to be too much for the metagame but it will be reviewed case by case starting from now. However, as it is right now, we think the metagame is suitable for competition and varied in the teambuilder making it quite enjoyable.

In order to continue improving the metagame and make the Camomons community live, we would like you to take a minute to answer a few questions through a survey!

CAMOMONS SURVEY
(click on the link above)

This survey will allow the council to better understand what the Camomons community feels about recent and next potential tiering actions as well as what it wants in terms of activities post tournaments and ladder or resources. You guys are making Camomons live and we would like to answer your wishes the best we can do
wigcontent.png

If a point didn't get adressed through the survey, feel free to mention it by posting on this thread!

The survey will be open for about a week so no need to hurry! You can quietly try out the ladder and see how things are going on before answering. Thank you in advance and of course we will come back to you to discuss the answers later!

We're back?! Long time no see through this project!
SIAMATO'S SETS OF THE WEEK
Week 5

:sv/noivern:
Noivern
Viable Typings:
/
[
/
]
Stats: 85/70/80/97/80/123
Ability: Infiltrator / Frisk
Item: Choice Specs / Silk Scarf / Heavy-Duty Boots

- Boomburst
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Other Moves: U-Turn, Roost, Defog, Super Fang, Taunt

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost / U-Turn

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Flying
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse / Flamethrower
- U-turn

Noivern is not unknown from Camomons although it often stays in Dragapult's shadow being slower and less versatile. What makes it quite cool there is the possibility to get a STAB on Boomburst, a powerful move with no drawback. Even though not being large, its movepool is sufficient to support Boomburst with both Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse to threat Ghosts and Flamethrower and Focus Blast for Steels.

The Choice Specs set makes Noivern a surprisingly fast and good breaker being able to 2HKO max SpD Slowking or Clodsire on a roll, something that Choice Specs Dragapult cannot boast in general! Shadow Ball hits Ghosts and offers a decent defensive typing notably able to deal with regular Annihilape naturally. The Dark variant trades defensive utility for more breaking potential thanks to Dark Pulse being somehow more reliably than Shadow Ball to support Boomburst (Camomons is full of
mons walling each other). U-Turn makes it a great offensive pivot to scout typing early game and avoid cliking Boomburst when you don't know if there's a Ghost or who is the Ghost.
Losing Switcheroo is annoying because it was one of the best option for Specs.

Another variant I want to talk about is the
one. This variant is in a better position now because Heatran is not around therefore making Normal + Fire a good offensive combo (let's forget about rocks they're not real). If you still have the possibility to run Specs on it to make good damages, you might also be interested by HDB to remove your SR weakness.
But, you know what? Noivern is one of the rare mons which has kept Defog this generation. Why am I mentionning that? Well, because Noivern might be a surprisingly good Defogger! This variant is able to threat and switch-in the 2 most common Gholdengo,
and
preventing it to abuse Good As Gold to prevent you from removing hazards with Defog. Boots makes it immune to hazards which is great for a hazards remover. It's also able to threat some SR/Spikes setters like Glimmora, Ting-Lu, etc.
We cannot say yet if this set really is a quite reliable Defogger but it gets the potential too anw!

Noivern is a mon that does nothing great but still does many things correctly making it an interesting mon! It's among the fastest mon in the metagame, can abuse a really strong move making it able to break through some common SpD walls, Infiltrator is a fantastic addition against Screens HO, it can Defog or check some annoying things thanks to a more than decent bulk and Roost. An overall good mon to try!

:sv/vespiquen:
Vespiquen
Viable Typings:
[
]
Stats: 70/80/102/80/102/40
Ability: Pressure
Items: Rocky Helmet / Leftovers / Heavy-Duty Boots

- Spikes
- Roost
- Toxic, Sludge Bomb

Other Moves: U-Turn, Toxic Spikes

Vespiquen (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 20 Spe
- Spikes
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic

Yeah. You're not dreaming. I'm writing Vespiquen might have a niche in Camomons!

Okok so let me explain. Vespiquen is interesting because it gets 4 goods moves: Spikes, Roost, U-Turn and Toxic. Every single ones is important otherwise just run something else tbh. I will not explain why Spikes and Roost are good but the combination of both provides a good defensive typing (see LandoT) inherently resistant to hazards. U-Turn makes it a cool slowpivot which is quite valuable (the spread allows to underspeed Garganacl to absorb Salt Cure and bring a revenge killer safely). Finally Toxic prevents Vespiquen to be a setup fodder for everything and the move is just quite valuable considering the current distribution. All of this combined allows our queen bee to get a small niche in the current metagame!

You can try
to get a STAB on U-Turn but tbh we don't care at all. It just makes you lose your inherently resistant typing to hazard and almost forces you to run boots.

Of course there's a lot of competition between Spikers with Ting-Lu, Clodsire, Glimmora and Garchomp being all great mons but Vespiquen has some unique tools in compressing pivot + toxic + spikes + recovery. Moreover, the typing offers a different set of resists compared to others.

This conclude this late fifth editon! Have fun on the Camomons ladder everybody!
wigcontent.png

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good day, everyone!

With the metagame being a bit stabilized after some wave of bans, I am formally opening sample team submissions to the public!

Feel free to post it here in this thread or in the Camomons Discord Server under #sample-team-submissions. When you're submitting a team that you wish to put as a sample, expect high standards from our fellow Council members as we nitpick every detail and make recommendations before approving as a sample team; as such, either you explain your justifications or be open to our insights.

Fire away your masterful creations!

#sample-team-submissions.

https://pokepast.es/f6a060db1b3f0f15 (if you want to copy team sets copy them from here because I added things that showdown can't read like typings)

This is the team that got me to number 1 on ladder with 78 W's to 24 L's and 1467 elo

Salamence @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Typing:

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
This Salamence is a setup sweeper and a revenge killer because of focus sash. If this thing even gets up one Dragon Dance it can sweep entire teams if they don't have the right pokemon to stop it. It has Dragon Claw for people that try to stop it with a part dragon type Hydriegon. It can also get Iron Head flinches to make your enemy's hate you.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Typing:

Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
This thing is a demon and consistently outspeeds and one shot's things it isn't even super effective against. I've seen this thing outspeed a max speed swift swim Beartic and kill it with hydro pump. It has U-turn to predict switch-ins and to chip a pokemon. It has Fire Blast to hurt any
types that think they have a free kill.

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Typing:

Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
This thing is a nightmare of a pokemon. I've seen this Kingambit almost one shot a ghost/normal Garganacl with kowtow cleave even after only one of my teammates fainted. It also has the great defensive type of
meaning it only has one weakness to ground. It has a priority move in sucker punch to kill enemy that only have attack moves/people who don't predict it. Finally it has brick break to destroy screens if a enemy ever gets them up.

Quaquaval @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Typing:

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Aqua Step
- Swords Dance
Another Sweep pokemon this thing only has to set up one Aqua Step to become really dangerous. Quaquaval can sweep enemy teams with moxie because if it even gets one kill with aqua step it becomes one of the fastest things in the tier while it gets attack buffs. It also has the terrifying typing of
letting it hit many walls like Ting-Lu and Garganacl for a lot of damage or it just kills them. It can also tank priority moves that try to stop it as none are super effective and he resists sucker punch.

Iron Moth @ Choice Specs
Typing:

Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
All it has to do is press Fire Blast and watch things fall to the ground. It checks most steel types in the tier and is part grass type so it can check most things that resist fire. It has Dazzling Gleam to kill dragon types(this move can probably be switched out because I've only pressed it once. IT DID KILL). Finally just like Hydriegon it has U-turn to do chip damage or switch against a threat.

Great Tusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Typing:

Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Headlong Rush
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
This thing can one shot most pokemon in the tier with a super effective move. It consistently almost one shots Avalugg with super effective headlong rush(best physical tank in the game). It can even hit pokemon that resist it moves for a lot of damage because I've seen it hit
Cryogonal for 70% with Play Rough. It also is a physical tank which let's it tank a lot of moves even super effective moves.

Last edited:

ponchlake

:sv/Salamence:
Salamence
Viable Typings:
/
/
/
/
/
Stats: 95/135/80/110/80/100
Ability: Intimidate / Moxie
Item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers

- Earthquake
- Roost, Dual Wingbeat, Hurricane
- Flamethrower, Fire Spin
- Dragon Claw, Outrage, Draco Meteor
- Iron Head
- Aqua Tail

Salamence @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Fire Spin

I've recently just won the Camomons No John tour with this set. Basically a callback to SS Camomons where this was one of the best defensive glues in the meta. It has access to some amazing typings along with Intimidate. The defensive stats aren't all that amazing with 95/80/80, but Salamence more than makes up for it with typing and Intimidate like I said. That and its offensive stats are quite good at aiding it defensively. 100 is an insane speed tier for a defensive Pokemon, and you can speedcreep a lot of things with very minimal investment. High Atk stat and a very workable SpA stat means that you can also offensively threaten the things you're switching into or trying to check. It did lose Defog, but I don't think it's that much worse off to the point of almost never seeing it until now. It does lack the ability to pivot though as opposed to Corviknight, but I feel that in the current state of limited defensive options, Salamence is criminally underrated, especially with the incredible type diversity it offers. Fire Spin may seem like a weird tech option, but if you watched me use it in G2 of the No John tour, it lets you trap and potentially remove Pokemon that may be annoying for your team. This is because Salamence has a great balance of being bulky enough when invested, but also fairly powerful still despite lacking any investment into its offensive stats. Different typings can allow you to trap different things potentially, but ultimately your opponent has to be very wary of what they switch into your defensive Pokemon due to its potential to outright remove important Pokemon on their team. This creates more opportunities for Salamence to just heal up or freely throw out attacks because your opponent has to respect it. Offensive sets are fairly unexplored, but I do think that they are viable and worth using. Though I just mainly wanted to highlight the defensive utility that Salamence brings.

Last edited:

Good day everybody! I'm coming with the playerbase survey results! Thanks a lot to the 19 players who took their time to answer and help us improving Camomons and making it live! :heart:

SURVEY RESULTS

1. ABOUT YOU

Have you played the Camomons ladder yet? Is that your first experience in playing Camomons?
Tableau des réponses au formulaire Forms. Titre de la question : Have you played the Camomons ladder yet? Is that your first experience in playing Camomons?. Nombre de réponses : 19 réponses.

Overall, the Camomons playerbase is made up of people who already knew it and continue playing Camomons over years. Most of you tried the Camomons ladder but some are not interested by this rare opportunity to play it at a large scale. The ladder is often the best place to explore and discover the metagame but it seems, beause Camomons aged since its inception many years ago, the hype of the new no longer is present unlike Convergence, OMotM for the first time, that did an amazing start. Moreover, while it's the first time Camomons has the chance to be played at such large scale, because the community was already quite active ans especially on Discord, we managed to explore Camomons even without a ladder.
However, we're of course happy to see some new players on these stats and we hope you're enjoying your experience playing Camomons!

Which status best describes your level/knowledge of Camomons?
Tableau des réponses au formulaire Forms. Titre de la question : Which status best describes your level/knowledge of Camomons?. Nombre de réponses : 19 réponses.

About half of the playerbase estimate to be an experienced Camomons player. It shows that the Camomons metagame managed to keep its playerbase over the recent years while seeing people progressing up to being confident about their Camomons knowledge. 36,8% of the respondents think to be at an intermediate level. We can partially understand that by Camomons few opportunities to be played competitively meaning it's in fact quite hard to progress. Finally, about 10% consider themselves as beginners. A small number related to what we talked about before about Camomons aging and sometime having issue seducing people.

2. YOUR OPINION ON THE CAMOMONS METAGAME

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you enjoy the current Camomons metagame?
1677168672711.png

Average value of 7.42/10. A score not far from what we had at the end of the last generation (7.73) with a fully developped metagame. We're therfore pretty happy to see quite a good enjoyment score meaning people like the current metagame! Of course we will do our best to increase this number and provide to you the best Camomons has to offer!
wigdeter.png

On a scale of 1-10, how competitive do you think Camomons is currently?
1677168702594.png

Average value of 6.68/10. A score that is significantly lower than last generation's one (7.73). It was predictable and we clearly see there the difference between a young metagame evolving little by little to improving its balance compared to a fully developped metagame that achieved its balancing process.
We're perfectly aware people still have concerns about some Pokemon or other things. Rest assured we will continue to follow the metagame to take the appropriate actions to continue the balancing process! We're still at the beginning of the generation so bear with us!

Could you elaborate more on your answers? Is there something you want to share about the metagame?

This was an open question to better understand your grades. I will try to summarize a bit the answers.

People overall think Camomons's metagame current state isn't that bad and are enjoying it but many of you believe one or the other mon will end up being too much with more hindsight. Several mention to Annihilape, Hydreigon and Lycanroc-Dusk appeared.

3. CONSULTATION ABOUT PAST AND POTENTIAL FUTURE TIERING ACTIONS

Terastallization was banned through an unanimous council vote before Camomons gets a ladder. How do you feel about it? Do you want to see it being suspect tested back to the metagame?
1677168760619.png

A super majority of 84.2% think banning terastallization earlier was good and don't want to see it being suspect tested back to the metagame. Particurlarly, nobody thought terastallization was fine and shouldn't have been banned.

It was the most important question for us considering the result could have been so impactful for the metagame. We're therefore extremely happy to see people almost fully agree with this decision we took at a point where the metagame was still really young. Nevetheless, every council member estimated we had to get rid of terastallization considering how powerful and unhealthy it was for the metagame especially by its interaction with the Camomons mechanics. A part of the community also expressed this will pushing us to finally take this impactful decision so early. We're glad to see people think it was the right choice.

How do you feel about bans that have taken place up to now?
1677168780399.png

I will not make a full summarize of the graphs but overall people pretty much agree with the bans that happened so far. We were interested to know how you feel about these bans because some happened at a point we lacked data and therefore some personnal bias could have been involved in the banning process. The large agreement is a confirmation that we have taken the right path! Baxcalibur is however the one with the less agreement and we will keep that in mind.

(optional) Mind elaborating on your answer?

It was an open question. Overall, people agree with bans but some of you think a mon or another could come back with home.

How do you feel about the ban of Booster Energy considering many Paradox Pokemon (Protosynthesis/Quark Drive users) have been banned since then?
1677168796144.png

There's no absolute majority but most of you, 47.4%, think Booster Energy could be free now.

The question was debated a lot but leads to an unban if anything. We banned Booster Energy really early in order to decorrelate this element from the power of many Paradox mons. Since this ban, we ended up banning 3 Paradox mons, Roaring Moon, Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle reducing how impactful Booster Energy could be. However, the rise of Iron Moth, Iron Valiant and Iron Hands recently as potentially borderline mons make us wondering if free Booster Energy right now is a enlightened choice. No action is planned right now but depending on how the meta evolves we do not rule out the possibility to free it.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Annihilape in Camomons?
1677168809277.png

Almost all of you, 94.7% are open to a tiering action against Annihilape and 42.1% think Annihilape is broken and should go!

There's no surprise for us here. Annihilape has been discussed a lot in the Camomons Discord and was already in last council votes. Receiving the most vote about it being broken, we decided to finally take action. We can find below the link to be redirected to the suspect test of Annihilape taking place on the ladder currently and open everybody!

ANNOUNCEMENT
:sv/annihilape:
Annihilape Suspect Test

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Dragapult in Camomons?
1677168830171.png

People think equally that Dragapult is either entirely balanced either generally balanced at 42.1%.

Dragapult still one of the best mon this generation and really impactful in the metagame. Thanks to its amazing speed and its extremely large coverage paired with Choice Specs, Dragapult is able to revenge kill many things make it what's probably the best revenge killer this generation. Its hits are also not that easy to handle for defensive mons because of how large its coverage is meaning only some typings can be used safely against every variant. Dragapult also abuses its threatening presence to help partners being the fastest pivot with Scarf in the metagame. It also helps a lot against Screens teams thanks to Infiltrator.
Overall, Dragapult does so much at keeping things in leash and its presence right now seems healthy for the metagame.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Garchomp in Camomons?
1677168843357.png

A super majority of 68.4% think Garchomp is entirely balanced and no action should take place.

Garchomp is back again at the top of the Camomons's metagame. This mon just does a lot. It offers defensive utility thanks to its natural high bulk and Rough Skin, brings SR and/or Spikes, acts as wall breaker thanks to SD and finally it gets a cool speed tier. I don't know if there's another mon that can boast to do this much. However, Garchomp is sometimes hard to deal with and a first plan threat for balanced/fat especially thanks to typing diversity and the possibility to get rid of SR/Spikes for Subsitute or coverage removing some usual counterplays.
Definitely another top tier but we believe Garchomp is not the priority right now and you seem to agree.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Garganacl in Camomons?
1677168857838.png

A super majority of 68.4% are open to any tiering action against Garganacl.

Garganacl is one of the rising star in Camomons asserting its position of both great defensive wall but also frightening thread to play against. 2 variants particularly stand out,
abusing both Body Press boosted by Iron Defense and
able to use Block and Curse to trap and kill passive mon without pivot move. With a few weaknesses and status immunity, it can be particularly tricky to deal with Garganacl.
Of course, there are way to deal with Garganacl especially Covert Cloak to avoid Salt Cure's secondary effect but relying to this is indeniably a proof of how strong Garganacl is considering it exists much better item like Leftovers and HDB.
It seems to early for us to decide but rest assured we will continue to look this mon carefully especially considering you're open to tiering actions against it.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Hydreigon in Camomons?
1677168874486.png

A super majority of 84.2% are open to any tiering action against Hydreigon and 36.8% think Hydreigon is broken and should go!

No surprise here either. Hydreigon is the mon mentionned the most just below Annihilape and it's quite easy to understand why. Although losing Roost this generation, Hydreigon is still a formidable threat with great defensive utility making it extremely hard to deal with for some common passive walls. If it's no longer able to abuse too much its great typings and pretty decent bulk due to the lack of Roost, it traded it for an additonnal coverage move or Substitute making it even more threatening short terms. At the difference of Garchomp, Hydreigon gets plenty high base power moves like Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast and large coverage with Earth Power, Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon and even Focus Blast or Belch. Paired with Nasty Plot, it allows Hydreigon to break through almost any wall with the right typing making it potentially too powerful.
Choice Scarf is another great variant presenting itself as one of the best speed control in the current metagame being able to fire powerful moves to revenge kill things like Dragapult, Haxorus, Quaquaval, etc. This is also a reliable Choice Scarfers even over long games thanks to Leviate making it immune to both Spikes and Tspikes. And unlike most Choice Scarfers, Hydreigon brings also some defensive utility like the
useful vs rain or sun for instance.
It's not impossible to find counterplay to Hydreigon but due to how large the possibilities are, it's definitely not an easy task. The best and most common check is probably Slowking being able to take any hit even at +2 as long as it's a neutral hit (Hydreigon no longer runs LO because of Roost removal so 50/50 OHKO on Draco Meteor is out of the equation). However, Slowking isn't able by itself to beat Hydreigon. It's a setup fodder for many of them so you're only out is to slowpivot into a revenge killer. This gameplan can be annihilated by Substitute variant (unless your revenge killer is Choice Specs Infiltrator Dragapult). Clodsire unfortunaly does nothing to Hydreigon's Steel variants. SpD Skeledirge isn't really able to deal well with Hydreigon because you can freely spam Draco Meteor on it. Blissey is also a situationnal check but isn't great at this time. Some rare and not great Assault Vest mon can handle it a bit but again, it depends on the set.
Definitely the mon at the heart of our attention right now and against you can expect tiering action in a more or less near future!

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Iron Hands in Camomons?
1677168885398.png

A super majority of 58.4% are open to a tiering action against Iron Hands.

Iron Hands slowly started to find its place in Camomons but definitely found it now. Benefiting from Play Rough to get the Fairy typing great offensively and defensively, Iron Hands is able to abuse its amazing bulk combined to its really high attacking stat and Sword Dance to tear apart many defensive mons while being really hard to revenge kill. This is even more the case under Screens teams in which Iron Hands found a great place.
A mon we will continue to watch but that doesn't seem to be overwhelming for now. Another target could be Light Clay / Grimmsnarl making Iron Hands (but not only) really borderline under Screens.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Iron Moth in Camomons?
1677168897150.png

A super majority of 63.2% are open to a tiering action against Iron Moth. Nobody finds it broken however.

The more we're exploring Iron Moth and the more the metagame slows down, the better Iron Moth is. Amazing typing diveristy, high Spa, great Speed, defensive utility with good special bulk and recovery, pivot, etc, Iron Moth is a mon that gains so much in Camomons. Thanks to its crazy coverage, only really few things are able to safely enter on every possible variant but overall we're finding counterplay case by case by dividing Iron Moth checks through several mons. Choice Specs are insane at breaking especially under Sun or Electric Terrain but lack longetivity being often weak to SR. HDB ones sometimes lack power to brutally kill things. Iron Moth is also not that easy to enter due to its frail physical bulk.
So yeah Iron Moth seems balanced overall for now but could end up being too much at some point and why we're keeping it in mind!

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Iron Valiant in Camomons?
1677168913845.png

A super majority of 84.2% are open to a tiering action against Iron Valiant.

Iron Valiant was at the top of the watchlist really early and for good reason. Iron Valiant is just one of the biggest winner in Camomons benefiting frow its immensely large movepool to run many typings with either physical, special or mixed sets. Be sure it exists an Iron Valiant set that can destroy you. Basically sets are 3 Atk + SD, 3 Atk + CM, 3 Atk Choice Specs/Scarf + Trick/Destiny Bond. But Iron Valiant is not only strong and versatile, it's also quite fast and notably faster than things like Iron Moth, Lycanroc-Dusk or Garchomp.
While better than Lycanroc-Dusk (and especially on the physical side), Iron Valiant is however quite frail making it hard to enter and/or to setup sometimes. That's probably the only thing keeping it in the metagame at the moment but the shifting towards more balanced/fat structure can only be beneficial for it. No doubt it will be instantly banned if we free Booster Energy for quite obvious reason.
Will definitely stay at the top of our watchlist for sure and you could possibly see actions against it considering many of you are open to an action.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Kingambit in Camomons?
1677168946412.png

A super majority of 63.2% are open to a tiering action against Kingambit. Nobody finds it broken however.

Kingambit doesn't have much typing diversity but who needs it when you can run one of the best typing existing:
. Kingambit is a great bulky sweeper able to withstand hits, get a SD up and strike back. Sucker Punch is indeniably a reason making Kingambit powerful and allowing to act as revenge killer or sweeper while being slow. Both Defiant and Supreme Overlord are great and exploitable abilities helping it to get stronger. Certainly not a mon you should underestimate!
It's strong no doubt about that but seems fine for the moment. However things might change if it gets Knock Off someday.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Lycanroc-Dusk in Camomons?
1677168958837.png

A super majority of 84.2% are open to a tiering action against Lycanroc-Dusk. Almost a third of you find it broken.

Lycanroc-Dusk arrives at the last step of the podium of the mon you find broken. Again, no surprise there. Lycanroc-Dusk was discreet for this beginning of the generation because we were all focus on the new stuff. However Lycanroc-Dusk started to see more and more usage recently, back in the spotlight. Lycanroc-Dusk is also one of the biggest winner you can find in Camomons being able to finally get a STAB on powerful moves like Close Combat, Play Rough or Psychic Fangs even boosted thanks to Tough Claws. Lycanroc-Dusk has great typing diversity and raw power with pretty decent speed for such an insane breaker. Because it also gets priority moves with Sucker Punch and Accelerock, it can be hard to revenge kill it and especially if it managed to get a SD up. Lycanroc-Dusk only weakness is too be extremely frail making the opportunity to setup hard to find.
This mon ended up being the last ban of the last generation and people tend to agree there is even less counterplay atm. That's definitely why we're going to watch it carefully without any fear to take actions considering you're wide open to any and given this ban precedent last gen.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Heat Rock in Camomons?
1677168974980.png

The majority of 42.1% believe that Heat Rock is fine. The question has been quite debated however with no real trends.

Sun rises as a really effective playstyle in Camomons and maybe the most consistent weather this generation. This is due to Torkoal being still a great sun setter offering utility (SR and Rapid Spin) while not being so passive (STAB Body Press hurts and Lava Plume burns). If we lost the best Chlorophyll abuser, Venusaur, Scovillain is a good replacement and Sawbuck might be interesting to try. But more importantly, sun also won Protosynthesis mons, Great Tusk, Slither Wing and Sandy Shocks to name the best. Finally, sun also makes mons like Iron Moth, Cinderace, Ceruledge, Armarouge, Charizard or Hydreigon even better. Due to how busted some mon can become under sun, Heat Rock has been on our radar since the beginning.
Considering how the community currently feels about Heat Rock, we will continue to watch it but it doesn't seem to be the priority and might be fine.

Which statement most accurately describes how you feel about Light Clay in Camomons?
1677168988855.png
(please take into account the violet and orange part should be merged)

An absolute majority of 52.6% think we have to do something about Screens teams by removing Grimmsnarl or banning biggest screens abusers. More people also think that Light Clay tends to push Screens teams over the edge with respect to people thinking Light Clay is fine.

Honestly this is the most tricky question we'll have to answer. Screens teams where extremely powerful up to the last ban slate during which we removed Cyclizar, Drednaw, Chi-Yu and Volcarona, all very solid options for HO teams. However this might not be the end of the story. Recently Screens teams have started to renew themselves with new abusers like:
  • Dragon Dancers, Haxorus, Salamence and even Gyarados or Iron Thorns
  • Sword Dancers, Quaquaval, Lycanroc-Dusk, Ceruledge, Iron Valiant, Iron Hands, Kingambit, Garchomp, Scizor or Cinderace.
  • Various other setup sweepers like Polteageist, Hydreigon, Grafaiai, Iron Moth or Great Tusk.
Overall, there are still many Screens abusers and it's likely that we will find new ones with further metagame development. Because most of these mons are fine without screens support, we feel we could reach the point from which we should aim for Light Clay or Grimmsnarl instead. Nevertheless, for now, we will continue to follow the path of banning mons because some of them probably must go with or without screens. If Screens teams remain an issue in the future, we're open to aim for Light Clay or Grimmsnarl but this is of course not an action we should take lightly.

4. WHAT RESOURCES ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AND HOW TO IMPROVE EXISTING ONES?
What do you think about the VL? Do you have any suggestions and recommendations to make the VL (and incoming VRs) better?
1677169042044.png

A super majority of 63.2% finds VL to be good as it is right now. However, 57.9% of you also want the VL/VRs to include sample set to use (see AAA VRs for example).

We're happy to see you're pretty satisfied about the current Viability List (VL) that will soon be updated to be Viability Rankings! According to your answers, if something we're going to add sample set to use through clickable links to pokepaste.
Some of you are interested in current mid and low mons to be as detailed as high ones and we're taking that into account although the structure will be redefined with the conventionnal VRs structure. You're also interested to see typings for low mons.

What resources are you looking forward to see?
1677169053696.png

The super majority of 57.9% find VL/VRs to be enough and the most useful resources! However, 52.6% of you want the Typing Compendium back!

This question shows us the resource you find the most useful in definitely the VL/VRs and we should focus our efforts on it. Because, there is no clear will for more resources, we will not rush to make more. If anything, the Typing Compendium (see last gen one) is the resource that will likely come back. If your Camomons's council find the time, we will also work on a Role Compendium or Speed Tiers but we took into account you're not particularly interested in seeing them return.

5. ACTIVITIES TO MAKE CAMOMONS LIVE

If we want to host a crossover (Camo x something) tournament, can you rate your interest for the following proposals? ?
1677169068067.png

A super majority could be interested by a Camomons x OM tour and/or by an Old Gen Camomons tour. Mid interest for Camo x Low Tiers and low interested for Camomons x Ubers.

We have taken your wishes into account! We're still focus on developing the current gen of Camomons and it will always be our priority but if the time seems right, we're open for such transverse funny events Camomons related! So stay tuned :)

Will you be interested by a Camomons "Smogon Tour" (BO3 in the 3 last generations of Camomons)?
1677169079941.png

A super majority of 63.2% is interested by a Camomons Smogon Tour like format! Nobody is abolutely not interested!

Damn! It's a real pleasure to see our community really interested by such a tournament! Considering this outstanding support, you can be sure we're going to host this tournament at some point!

Will you be interested in other activities outside from classical solo tour?
1677169093905.png

More than half of you could be interested by any activity but if one, a Camomons Draft League is what could interest you the most!

That's again good to hear! Because our community seems to support almost any type of activity, we will continue to do our best to make Camomons live for and with you :blobnom:

6. LAST WORD

Is there something you want to share with the council to conclude this survey?

Several mention to Annihilape and Booster Energy. Some discussion about next potential events/tournaments and how to host them. People dreaming about Camomons to come back in WCoOMs/OMPL/OM Circuit.

Like last survey, you guys were also really kind! :blobnom: There's an overall recognition of efforts made by the council to make Camomons live and you appreciate that. It of course pushes us to continue these efforts to make Camomons enjoyable again this new generation!
Dedication to Sirroppu, you got me! Thanks for your kind words and have a wonderful day too :heart:

It concludes this analyze of the survey results! Thanks again for your answers and we're glad you seem to enjoy Camomons and support our last actions! Have a good day everybody and stay tuned
wigcontent.png

Last edited:
Alright, now that I've gotten Reqs for the Annihilape test with mostly this, its time to toss my straw in the #sample-team-submissions hat.
1677197458210.png1677197465388.png1677197482418.png1677197492378.png1677197499980.png1677197545512.png
Pretty standard Grimmsnarl team. Haxorus can be Poison Jab if you hate grasses more than water/bug or water/flying, and is the main sweeper vs bulky builds. Iron Hands is pretty standard on these teams due to it's great typing options, awesome bulk with screens. (And enough bulk even without screens to occasionally check infiltrator mons.) Kingambit is absolutely amazing, it's bulk with the screens and shuca makes it frankly immortal for how hard it hits, and supreme overlord always makes it a mid-lategame threat. Iron Moth is the special attacker on a team of mostly phys attackers but it also adds a very useful typing that helps round out the team and sit on mons while setting up Fiery Dance. Orthworm completes the broken combination of shed tail and screens while it itself provides a fantastic check to Kingambit, some Glimmora, and a number of Tusk/Treads builds as well as steatlh rock. The team is relatively easy to pilot but it also has enough options and diversity in it's gameplan that it can reward players who know what they're doing. Main threats are Infiltrator mons such as Dragapult and Noivern and really fat teams that have options for most of your offense, but there's very few matchups that are completely unwinnable. I went pretty far with it in my suspect run before I switched over to my rain, winning 22 of my 31 games with it, even into some pretty unfavorable matchups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)