OU BW Role Compendium v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Smogon says that they have a Niche due to Infernape, Azelf, Aerodactyl's is Naturally Fast getting up Stealth Rocks before Fainting so might as well.
Infernape | BW | Smogon Strategy Pokedex
Aerodactyl | BW | Smogon Strategy Pokedex
Azelf | BW | Smogon Strategy Pokedex
Note: Azumarill doesn't suck LOL it has Powerful Priority boosted by Rain and Choice Band. Azumarill | BW | Smogon Strategy Pokedex
It can really Put in the Work.

Thanks!
Sorry, no. These analyses are all absurdly outdated (havent been updated since BW was the main gen). They're not ranked at all save Aero and Azu, which are C overall and Azu is only b- on the rain with Aero unranked in all playstyle vrs which is just barely viable. And yes, Azu sucks lol. That's why no one uses it or ape or azelf anymore. I'm not gonna implement any of these changes. Btw, this fsr made me remember espeon isnt ranked and i should trash it from this compendium so thanks for that.

Last edited:
Sorry, no. These analyses are all absurdly outdated (havent been updated since BW was the main gen). They're not ranked at all save Aero and Azu, which are C overall and Azu is only b- on the rain with Aero unranked in all playstyle vrs which is just barely viable. And yes, Azu sucks lol. That's why no one uses it or ape or azelf anymore. I'm not gonna implement any of these changes. Btw, this fsr made me remember espeon isnt ranked and i should trash it from this compendium so thanks for that.
Well I see your Point
Sorry if I was dumb, Is every Smogon Analyses Outdated expect SS?

and also Your Welcome

Well I see your Point
Sorry if I was dumb, Is every Smogon Analyses Outdated expect SS?

and also Your Welcome
Not all of them are, no. I wish there was a way to easily check the dates. But some ways to tell are the join dates of the authors and the sections. As an example, compare the Latios and Excadrill analyses for BW to the analyses you linked. You'll see it's more sectionally organized. For other gens, you can use the same strategies for pre-ORAS. The ORAS and SM ones should be generally decently up to date but are getting worked on. For RBY, check by the author joindate and badge color by clicking the profiles at the bottom of the credits (or previous version button if there is one). Also, check if that mon is even ranked on the vr of the gen anymore (ie if ape has an analysis and its not ranked on the vr, that analysis for sure outdated.). This applies to all gens really. We probs gotta go through all the outdated ones and add a disclaimer so thanks for bringing this up. You should start seeing similar disclaimers for old analyses to rby soon enough.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can also tell if they mention Pokémon that are out of the metagame such as Infernape, Lucario, or Metagross despite being OU

Just made a small update to remove Baton Pass since it's banned right now and the Assist Pokemon since same deal for them. Other updates about niche vs prominent and stuff so hopefully that's good.

Would recommend adding scizor to flying gem users. Although other items are generally more useful, it is still for sure a viable set.

Would recommend adding scizor to flying gem users. Although other items are generally more useful, it is still for sure a viable set.
Not gonna do this. The item hasn't seen much success in the past few years and has better items to be running (mainly Life Orb these days).

I know there are better items, but the same is true for a lot of mons on here. For instance, I have rarely seen ground gem latios or lum breloom to name some examples from those lists. I still think its a viable enough mon to be worth a mention.

Hi Ophion, I have some suggestions: might consider adding Jelli and Reuni as Colbur Berry users, the first one is a secure niche for status spreading, the second one is a staple for Calm Mind sets.

Also I think Magne is missing in the Choice Scarf users, Gliscor in the U-turn pivots, and probably Lando-T should be in Toxic users, although it is not that much seen.

Good joob you do here btw!

Hi Ophion, I have some suggestions: might consider adding Jelli and Reuni as Colbur Berry users, the first one is a secure niche for status spreading, the second one is a staple for Calm Mind sets.

Also I think Magne is missing in the Choice Scarf users, Gliscor in the U-turn pivots, and probably Lando-T should be in Toxic users, although it is not that much seen.

Good joob you do here btw!
Good idea, added these. Thought Zone was in Scarfers so my bad for not getting that and same for Gliscor.

I know there are better items, but the same is true for a lot of mons on here. For instance, I have rarely seen ground gem latios or lum breloom to name some examples from those lists. I still think its a viable enough mon to be worth a mention.
I'm not adding it, drop it.

Edit since this was pretty needlessly aggressive, realized Latios shoulda not been a main Ground Gem user and was cause I forgot a slash. As for Lum Breloom, Caetano told me to put it a while ago. Seeing as these sets haven't seen much use, I'm open to removing them for the sake of consistency. Also if you have actual legitimate replays of flying gem in an actual notable tour (spl or deep into a ssnl/classic then send it and maybe I'll reconsider).

I added the slash for Latios Ground Gem and added a Psychic Gem section in the meantime.

Last edited:

peng

fuck xatu
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Flying gem scizor is better than a lot of other things listed here. This is an odd hill to die on, Ophion.

Flying Gem Tornadus, Calm Mind Celebi, Tailwind Latias, Scarf Heatran, Scarf Thundurus-T, Band Victini, Dragon Gem Kyurem-B, Normal Gem Mew, Rock Gem Landorus-T, Lum Keldeo, Shuca Terrakion, Passho Terrakion, Magic Guard Sigilyph, Healing Wish Celebi, Knock Off Thundurus-T, Flame Orb Latios/Latias/Reuniclus, Alomomola
Flying Gem Scizor sees a lot more usage and is more relevant than all these. Shouldn't need a high level tour replay to justify its addition when no such evidence exists for the sets above. Bar for addition is clearly quite low and Gem Scizor easily makes it.

Flying gem scizor is better than a lot of other things listed here. This is an odd hill to die on, Ophion.

Flying Gem Tornadus, Calm Mind Celebi, Tailwind Latias, Scarf Heatran, Scarf Thundurus-T, Band Victini, Dragon Gem Kyurem-B, Normal Gem Mew, Rock Gem Landorus-T, Lum Keldeo, Shuca Terrakion, Passho Terrakion, Magic Guard Sigilyph, Healing Wish Celebi, Knock Off Thundurus-T, Flame Orb Latios/Latias/Reuniclus, Alomomola
Flying Gem Scizor sees a lot more usage and is more relevant than all these. Shouldn't need a high level tour replay to justify its addition when no such evidence exists for the sets above. Bar for addition is clearly quite low and Gem Scizor easily makes it.
I can just repost what I did on Discord for the sake of consistency across platforms but make it more organized and public. I'm totally open to removing a vast majority of these things you listed among some others for sake of raising the bar on what's considered viable. Frankly, you are right that the bar is very low as it stands right now. This should probably be solved now that other resources are becoming much more up to date. Unless anyone objects, I can get to work on that.

I can just repost what I did on Discord for the sake of consistency across platforms but make it more organized and public. I'm totally open to removing a vast majority of these things you listed among some others for sake of raising the bar on what's considered viable. Frankly, you are right that the bar is very low as it stands right now. This should probably be solved now that other resources are becoming much more up to date. Unless anyone objects, I can get to work on that.
Ended up doing it cause like there's no loss to it when the mons don't see use as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)