BW OU Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Great choice with Dragonite, but I think you will need to give some more specifics here as to what set of Dragonite you would like to have built around. Dragonite is seen commonly in a variaty of different builds ranging from Hyper Offensive to more defensive sand and rain builds. There are two different sets featured in the current Samples set. The smogon dex analysis has 8 (I think) different sets as well. What set Dragonite is, is largely determined by the style of team it is on. For example, Drag-Mag archetypes will have either the Choice Band set or maybe even the Dragon Dance set, both looking to capitalize on that power. The famous Smurf Hyper offense team runs Dragonite with the Dragon Dance set to smash through opponents with +1 atk +1 spd. Bulkier Sand and Rain teams though generally have a bulkier Substitute / Dragon Claw / Roost / Dragon Dance set which abuses Multiscale and bulk to give you a Mon that really just doesn't die (I have been running :tyranitar::gastrodon::starmie::magnezone::landorus-therian::Dragonite: myself, far from perfect but fun to play none the less). There are also the more niche (but still viable) mixed sets that can be featured on other Rain builds. These usually have a mixture of Hurricane / Roost / Earthquake / Substitute to take advantage of STAB Hurricane bolstered by the 100% accuracy in the Rain. Each one of these sets are generally featured in vastly different teams. I think Jhonx~ is going to need some more specifics on what Dragonite set you want in order to build you a team here, cause saying you would like a Dragonite alone is very vague. But anywho great choice, Dragonite is a great mon in the tier!

Snorlax and Umbreon tho, I would venture to say that both of these mons are objectively bad in the OU. Fighting types and general power of the mons in the OU really just smash these two. Maybe Jhonx has an idea or two on how to make them work, but I would venture to say that they are not viable what so ever, not even at the niche viablilty level.

Oh, thank u for puting that much efford in your reply. I was thinking of dd Dragonite dd-extreem speed-outrage-fire punch .To be honest my experience is limited. I was thinking of a balanced team , no weather n stuff, so ill have easier time to play around and learn competitive.

Ye,rly sad about snorlax and umbreon, i was thinking of umbreon as support with foul play-healbell-wish-toxic and snorlax as a wall?!! curse-rest-sleeptalk-bodyslam? is that a thing?! Not sure if these kind of sets makes the team stally,or if they are not legit at all.

Currently reading tons of new info i discoveried in the forum and makes it harder for me to put the pieces together, thats why i asked here ,to get someones opinion with more expierience.

Thanks again !

May I have a few Latias teams? I want to see how she plays since I've always been stuck on Latios. I'd like 1 sandbalance, and 1 rain/weatherless but 2 sandbalances is also fine.

Reactions: FNH

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
May I have a few Latias teams? I want to see how she plays since I've always been stuck on Latios. I'd like 1 sandbalance, and 1 rain/weatherless but 2 sandbalances is also fine.
Peng made one Latias team here. Here is the link to the post.

Ye,rly sad about snorlax and umbreon, i was thinking of umbreon as support with foul play-healbell-wish-toxic and snorlax as a wall?!! curse-rest-sleeptalk-bodyslam? is that a thing?! Not sure if these kind of sets makes the team stally,or if they are not legit at all.
Rest-Talk is not a strategy you want to use in a fast-paced meta such as BW OU. Not to mention that both mons are practically ripped apart by Fighting-Types. If you really want a bulky mon that doesn't nearly open as many holes to your team, I would probably go with Cresselia or Hippowdon (or Chansey/Blissey since the meta is less harsh to those mons). Not to sound closed-minded, I just don't see how either mon fits in any serious OU Team.

Last edited:
I would probably go with Cresselia or Hippowdon (or Chansey/Blissey since the meta is less harsh to those mons).
Those mons you mentioned are pretty fringe, as Cresselia only fits on sunstall, and Hippowdon is mostly inferior to Tyranitar apart from Slack Off and its typing which can be nice in certain situations. Blissey/Chansey are also niche in the metagame. If you want something resembling a wall, I would try out Skarmory, as Spikes can be a great weapon alongside sand, and it can check Psychic-types such as :bw/alakazam: and :bw/reuniclus: thanks to special defense investment.

Gamer1234556

Those mons you mentioned are pretty fringe, as Cresselia only fits on sunstall, and Hippowdon is mostly inferior to Tyranitar apart from Slack Off and its typing which can be nice in certain situations. Blissey/Chansey are also niche in the metagame. If you want something resembling a wall, I would try out Skarmory, as Spikes can be a great weapon alongside sand, and it can check Psychic-types such as :bw/alakazam: and :bw/reuniclus: thanks to special defense investment.
Yeah, I think he was referring to Special Walls, (ok I get that Hippo isn't necessarily a special wall, just one that came off my head). I just picked some better ones in contrast to Snorlax and Umbreon.

Better Than You

Banned deucer.
Reuniclus+ Volcarona, but something that isn't normie. Bonus points for no Ferrothorn.

(also I challenge you to make as viable of a Glaceon team as you can)

Gamer1234556

Reuniclus+ Volcarona, but something that isn't normie. Bonus points for no Ferrothorn.
Here is Caetano93's team that he used in the recent SPL.

(also I challenge you to make as viable of a Glaceon team as you can)
At least try to recommend a mon that is actually viable in BW OU. Like, Glaceon is pretty much overshadowed by much more competent Ice-Types like Mamoswine and Kyurem-Black and even more niche mons such as Kyurem, Abomansow, and Weavile. Not to be close-minded, but I just don't see any discernable niche Glaceon has in BW OU.

Better Than You

Banned deucer.
Here is Caetano93's team that he used in the recent SPL.

At least try to recommend a mon that is actually viable in BW OU. Like, Glaceon is pretty much overshadowed by much more competent Ice-Types like Mamoswine and Kyurem-Black and even more niche mons such as Kyurem, Abomansow, and Weavile. Not to be close-minded, but I just don't see any discernable niche Glaceon has in BW OU.
You seem to have issues with reading comprehension. Anybody can just pick up a team they want from an SPL game; I want a team made by the OP. It's in the title. Teambuilding Workshop.

Also, obviously Glaceon is unviable. That's why it's an optional challenge. Was this supposed to be a "gotcha"? Just give me a hail team if that's too hard.

This is why people should think before they post.

Gamer1234556

You seem to have issues with reading comprehension. Anybody can just pick up a team they want from an SPL game; I want a team made by the OP. It's in the title. Teambuilding Workshop.
Wow. This is completely uncalled for. Keep in mind that the OP isn't the only one responsible for building teams, there are more people that are responsible for building teams here.

Also, the fact that someone has actually built a team in an SPL with the mons you listed makes things much easier for the builders.

Also, obviously Glaceon is unviable. That's why it's an optional challenge. Was this supposed to be a "gotcha"? Just give me a hail team if that's too hard.
Do not post asking us to make use of uncompetitive Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at teambuilding; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
I strongly suggest reading the rules before trying to request teams.

I don't have any issues at all with reading comprehension. (Though from your response you seem to be coming off very hypocritical here) There was absolutely no reason to be so openly hostile in your response. I was simply trying to help the builders here.

I really don't want to continue this discussion here. So I may as well leave it at this.

:bw/(Meloetta): :(Life Orb): / :(Expert Belt):
Meloetta @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder / Shadow Ball
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Psychic / Ice Punch

I can't say I know much about BW so I have no clue how this Pokemon stands in the meta, I just pulled this set off Meloetta's OU analysis. It'd be nice to see it on a Rain team since it can lure in and dispatch Tyranitar to win the weather war. I'm not sure which partners to ask for, but ideally ones which benefit from Melo's coverage.

Hey all, currently am seeking to not be stuck on using psyspam and as such am requesting a team with these sets:

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Will-o-Wisp

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Protect / Taunt / whatever you think is viable

It would be preferred to not be a variation of psyspam but if it is, c’est la vie. Thank you in advance!

helo for the hydreoigon frist you must think why to use. he is much like the latios - but he have good coverage for the steels. He exchange for the low speed and dark type of course. so you must say "hmm he has no defense for my team like latios but he is stronger offense" since he will not survive the keldeo now or speed fast then terrakion or garchomp. BUT he resist pursuit and is strong vs the reunicles.

now we must thin BEYOND. how we get this strong mon into battlefield if he is not defense like latios? of course uturn and volt switch. but also he has the eq and the water resist. scald burn are danger so we want partner pokemons to lure the normal water move. Hydro pump but not volt switch or willofwisp from sinistar rotomw is a good start. so is the eq lure from gliscor or excaril. think now! we must try gliscor partner - he make rotomw want to click hydro pump but not other moves AND he learn the uturn

now we must think EVEN FRUTHER BEYOND. you have the modest hydreogon. but the timid outspeed the excadril and all landorust AND tenta AND thunderus. of course you see valuability here. your defensive is bad so more speed is key to kill first.

:hydreigon: :gliscor: :rotom-wash: :jirachi: :mamoswine: :latios:
https://pokepast.es/549a3abb58f42ae5

of course the rotomw eat the toxic water for you. plus he volt switch for free hydreigon. same for gliscor, lure the hydro and uturn, and the jira lure the ground or steel with utrn. of course the jira cannot get the SR against excadril teams. so you have good attackers against the excadril. but you use the hydreigon to break that team. Mamoswine is good with utun and he force the rotomw to use the hydro like glsicor. Plus he cover the thunderus because latios used for keldeo. AND most improtant he give the kill opponent latios since the jira can lose to the latios and then he is fast and kill all.

also exchange the choice scarf with latios and rotomw is accept. you must use the colbur hp fire latios then. of course he is better now like this against the keldeo with pursuit style. But rotomw is now strugglw with longrterm burn on the ferro... and the ground.

ah yes the bonus team that take me +150 point on ladder of course!!!

https://pokepast.es/0eb785d5b165327e

terrak he stop SR and thnu
what would u call this team? i really like it

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, unfortunately this thread has run its course and its creator isn't actively maintaining it given how high maintanence of a project it is. I will respond quickly though to a few of the teams requested with some teams that I have that might satisfy the request or give ideas on how to build around them.

Hey all, currently am seeking to not be stuck on using psyspam and as such am requesting a team with these sets:

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Will-o-Wisp

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Protect / Taunt / whatever you think is viable

It would be preferred to not be a variation of psyspam but if it is, c’est la vie. Thank you in advance!
I dont have anything with these two together and both mons are great alongside psyspam, though there is a lot of flexibility in how one can use a heatran in the sand. if you look in the BW hub gengar's usefulness has been talked about quite a bit recently, and it certianly has a niche in the metagame paired alongside magic guard sand. Jellicent and Heatran is also a pretty good combination thats not uncommon. here is a post about the power of offensive heatran.

Some teams with Jellicent heatran 1 2
a gengar team 1

Requesting an abomasnow + reuniclus team
Hail is a rather difficult archetype to utilize, but the concept of magic guard and hail isn't bad on paper. Hail is better at negating leftovers on steel types, and magic guard does love that extra passive damage. Dice posted in the BW discord a team with using magic guard and hail together. a simple: Abomosnow / Skarmory / Gliscor / Reuniclus / Alakazam / Exadrill could work. unfortunately I don't have the import for this, but the sets shoudl be fairly standard.

:bw/(Meloetta): :(Life Orb): / :(Expert Belt):
Meloetta @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder / Shadow Ball
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Psychic / Ice Punch

I can't say I know much about BW so I have no clue how this Pokemon stands in the meta, I just pulled this set off Meloetta's OU analysis. It'd be nice to see it on a Rain team since it can lure in and dispatch Tyranitar to win the weather war. I'm not sure which partners to ask for, but ideally ones which benefit from Melo's coverage.
I can't say i have ever seen a meloetta work. its rather unviable. Sorry.

I'd like to get a Gyarados team, preferably a Choice Scarf variant.

I dont have a choice scarf varient; Scarf gyarados is ok as a scarfer at best. Sub DD gyarados is pretty cool with magnezone on a rain build. Dice used it during SPL I believe. Anyway, here are is a gyarados teams I do have: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)