Announcement BW OU Secret Santa 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas, you should have recieved a message from me with your request. If you have not or if i made a mistake (very possible), than PM me here or on discord FNH#2253.

This thread is now reopened for discussion! Lets see what you got!

Oh boy, first BW secret santa! Let's get this show on the road!
Firstly i'd like for everyone to thank our lord and savior FNH for putting in a shit ton of work for making the whole thing and making the messages and the whole procedure look so festive and pretty, just for that i won't talk shit about you for the rest of the tour! :heart:
Secondly i'd like to thank all the participants for putting some effort into making bw an active community and produce interesting ideas with fun teams and suggestions.
Feel free to start a conversation about the tour, the core/mon you suggested(why did u decide to pick that) and maybe even a slight break down of the team you made based on your pair's suggestions(Was it tough building? Have u thought about making a team with that prior to this tour? Are u happy with how it turned out?)
Happy holidays everyone, let's have a fun tour!

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Requested Core: :hippowdon::xatu:
Recieved Team: :hippowdon::xatu::starmie::scizor::garchomp::celebi:

For this event I felt like experimenting with Hippowdon and Xatu because I thought that they had some pretty cool synergy together. Xatu can sort of act like a semi-decent ground check with its Flying-Type while also being a very good anti-hazard mon against Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Likewise, Specially Defensive Hippowdon can work as a decent rain counter since it has some very good matchups against Tentacruel and Thundurus-Therian (Fun Fact: 228 Modest Thundurus-T can only 3HKO Hippowdon with Hidden Power Ice).

The team itself ended up being a lot more solid than I anticipated. It looks a lot reminiscent to Dice's Hippowdon + Zapdos SPL XII Team especially with Bulky Mie and SD Scizor. Bulky Mie is generally a mon I tend to abstain from using, but in this case I suppose it works since you kinda want some extra security against Keldeo alongside a spinner, and Bulky Mie gives you both of those. If that doesn't satisfy you, then you have Celebi with Seed Bomb and Swords Dance (!!!), so even if you don't make use of the Attack Boosts, you could Baton Pass them to Scizor or something else that does. Scizor itself is a pretty obvious addition, what isn't exactly obvious is how this specific set is more of a bulky set with Roost, which I haven't seen in a very long time. Scarf Chomp is pretty much an obvious addition since Hippowdon Sand really hates Volcarona.

Of course, there were some rather strange decisions that I noticed in this team. Xatu has... Trick? I feel like something like Reflect or Light Screen is more beneficial overall. You can even slot Protect with Lefties if you want to screw more with Choice users such as Latios and Keldeo. The team also has some rather unpleasant matchups against Skarmory and Mamoswine, as the former kinda just endlessly sits and Roosts on you while the latter I have no switch-ins for. Changing the Scizor set to SD Fighting Gem and having NP Celebi with HP Fire can give you more leeway against them. That said, I am overall pretty satisfied with team I got. It was a pleasure to participate in this Secret Santa!

Edit: Oh yea I forgot to mention that this team has absolutely no punish for Latios, therefore this team really wants Pursuit on Scizor.

Last edited:
so i asked for a salamence as it is my favorite pokemon and here is what i got: 1640474863733.png 1640474981247.png 1640475171954.png 1640475253171.png 1640475219570.png 1640475204059.png

His explenations:

Note from builder said:
Stall me please (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

so the main idea is that its mixmence, and mixmence is a really good bait for Skarm, Gliscor, Lando, Jellicent on physical side, Gastro, Rachi, Chansey, Ttar on special side since they would think they wall you, but they dont. and this mence works on more offensive teams with lando, celebi, keldeo but i think a dragmag team would work, one that doesnt really need zone

Eclipse (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sunny Day
- Magnet Rise

zone spread is standard.. nothing special

Brother Eye (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Dragon Pulse

i pick scarf latios because this team doesnt really have that good of speed, and draco still hurts everything even ttar, and ferro/jirachi really doesnt like switching into this team due to mix mence, magnezone and garchomp.

Coveted Vanquish (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock/Fire Punch

i like this spread (tho i think its an older one) because normally, dragmag has a very slow jirachi that doesnt do much damage, if any, so having this as a lure showing sub, and then paraflinching the team down for a latios/reun late game sweep is a sight to behold. even without the lure this set can p much 1v1 any non steel types (which magnezone beats steels) and if you went with fire punch instead of stealth rock, playing around this is tough. ive 1v1d gliscor with this.

Turbot (Garchomp) @ Salac Berry / Lum Berry (only if not sub)
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute / Stealth Rock / Fire Blast
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

this team is about surprise. so why not surprise salac chomp? chomp is here for the steels that zone dont beat and also a makeshift volcarona check alongside mence. and late game subsalac chomp have gotten me 2 wins so far since its unexpected or unreasonable to predict coming, if thats not to your taste u can always make it rocks for the fpunch rachi or fire blast for skarms.

ree yoo nee klus (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

all of the dragons left in ou that i like to use are very weak to rocks, and mamoswine doesnt seem to be the greatest here. since i want to keep this team not weak to hazard i decide to go for reun, and since the team is rather slow anyways for a dragmag this is a good late game sweeper. not much to explain. reun trick rooms. reun kills. thats it.

Other Options:
Keldeo, Heatran, Volcarona and Terrakion are other options i explored over magnezone since the beat volcarona and steels which are things this team appreciate, so if u dont like zone, those 4 are good.

Fakee

LA FLAME
is a Tutor
this is the team i received, my pokémon was hydreigon.
https://pokepast.es/4384399baf6dc336
actually after playing some games in ladder i realized that the team has to be well played to not lose against mons like thundy, volcarona, specs keldeo, rotom-wash but it is normal taking into account the type of matchup. it is a very good team, i really liked the addition of rotom-wash and landot, they are good companions for hydreigon to have a safer in and can at least press to be able to kill something. a few small changes that would be to make jirachi have a speed higher than 241 (this to not get caught by zone and be able to u-turn without taking damage, this is optional, since alakazam is also annoying) and make hydreigon modest, this to have a more devastating attack and be able to give ohko to things like rotom-wash, politoed and bulkier things, it is also not necessary to make it modest since you do outspeed mons like landot and excadrill.
as i said before, it's a great team and many thanks to whoever did it

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
after requesting a hail team, i was gifted this:
:abomasnow::magnezone::forretress::alakazam::latias::seismitoad:

as someone not too versed in building hail, this looks like a pretty cool way to tackle it. hail + spikes + zone do a good job at chipping down steels for the psychics while toad glues the team together when facing tougher tenta rain/tran sand mus. can't wait to try it out, thanks to whoever built it and FNH for setting this up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)