Bw OU monotype fire team. Pls rate

Hi all,

This is my OU fire monotype team that I am having some trouble with getting perfect.

Ninetales Heat Rock

Ability: Drought
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4HP, Timid nature
Protect
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
Hypnosis

Ninetales is my lead. I throw her out to set up sun, which gives a few of my other pokes access to solarbeam to deal with any water/ground types. First turn I will go for a hypnosis (not sure if it's too inaccurate?) then set up enormous special attack with nasty plot and flamethrower.

Charizard Choice Band

Ability: Solar power
252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 SpA, Lonely nature
Flamethrower
SolarBeam
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Charizard can be used pretty much anywhere, it does not need to set up to deliver it's ridiculously powerful attacks (especially in sun). Earthquake for electric but they keep out speeding me. Dragon claw is for that dragon monotype which is pretty common. However, if there ever is a scarfed poke charizard is OHKO'D by outrage or pretty much any other dragon move. :(

Typhlosion Life Orb (LOVE HIM SO MUCH. MY FAVORITE)

Ability: Blaze
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk, Timid nature
Eruption
SolarBeam
Shadow Claw
Extrasensory

Typhlosion can also be used anywhere using its 328 Spe and its 316 Atk to decimate any enemies unlucky enough to get hit by it. But unfortunately quite a few fighting, psychic, ghost, and water pokes are faster than Typhlosion, leaving it unable to do much. I really want to use him, what should i do?

Infernape @Sitrus Berry

Ability: Iron fist
252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP, Jolly nature
Fire Punch
Mach punch
Thunder punch
Close combat

Infernape would probably be my main revenge killer, with the highest speed stat in the team and access to mach punch, it is quite suitable for this role. Fire punch goes with iron fist and is STAB, Thunder punch is for any flying or water pokes that don't get hit by a solarbeam. Unfortunately, its typing and poor defense lets anything faster or scarfed destroy it in one hit.

Houndoom @ Life orb

Ability: Flash fire
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP, Timid nature
Nasty Plot
Heat wave
Dark Pulse
SolarBeam

Houndoom is used for anything that is not a specially defensive wall. Seriously, 1 or 2 nasty plots and houndoom can 1 hit anything that's not ineffective. Heat Wave and Dark pulse for STAB, and solarbeam for dealing with those pesky water, ground types.

Torkoal @Leftover

Ability: White Smoke
252 Def, 252 HP, 4 SpA, Bold Nature
Rapid spin
Lava plume
Toxic
Stealth rock

Torkoal isn't much, but is a good physical wall. However, i find things like mach punch doing over half health in 1 hit. not sure what to do. Rapid spin is obvious, Lava Plume is for when he gets a chance to attack. Toxic is normal stall, and stealth rock is my only entry hazard.

Im fairly new to this so please give me LOTS of corrections and bits of advice. Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)