Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out / Acrobatics / Drain Punch

Being useful against a huge variety of threats thanks to its great typing and all-around good stats, bulky pivot Mienfoo fits on more teams than any other Pokemon. With the prevalence of Eviolite and Berry Juice, Knock Off is a major hindrance to most foes, and High Jump Kick deals good damage to any non-resistant Pokemon. U-turn and Regenerator let Mienfoo safely pivot around the opposing team throughout the game, which often grants free switches to teammates, so fast, frail attackers like Diglett, Gastly, and Abra especially appreciate Mienfoo's support. It's also versatile, as it can run several EV spreads; a fast defensive one is currently most popular. However, being the most important set in the metagame makes its counters very popular too—be sure to prepare for Pokemon like Foongus, Vullaby, Spritzee, and Mareanie, which all either resist High Jump Kick or can OHKO Mienfoo. Make sure your team can break them; Pokemon like Vullaby, Gastly, and Onix are great for this. Pawniard in particular can help against Flying-types, Fairy-types, and Abra for Mienfoo.

Last edited:

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Meet Mienfoo, arguably LC's best Pokemon.
Cute, but remove. We're introducing sets not pokemon.
However, you should always be prepared for Mienfoo's counters, like Foongus, Vullaby, Spritzee, and Mareanie.
Explain how these pokemon counter Mienfoo. What do they do to stop Mienfoo from doing it's job? What teammates can you run to help Mienfoo do it's job.
Be careful when activating Vullaby's Weak Armor; your team should have a reliable counter to Flying-types, like Pawniard, which also helps deal with Abra and Fairy-types, or Onix.
Doesn't seem too relevant to foo. Maybe rephrase to mention how Fake Out's priority chip damage helps wear down opposing mons, but you need to be careful to not activate weak armor. That being said there are situations where activating weak armor with fake out is actually beneficial. Not many, but they exist.
like Pawniard, which also helps deal with Abra and Fairy-types, or Onix.
Break this up into it's own line, Pawn is not the best blanket check mon in the world but it fits here.

Let me know when you get through all of these changes and I'll review them and give you the QC.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
I'm personally not a huge fan of this one because Mienfoo is such an important mon in the metagame and I'm not really sure that's being highlighted. That might just be my personal bias so I'm gonna grab someone else to check this one.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
May as well make this 36 SpD

I think Regenerator should be described since it's pretty much what makes Mienfoo great. It makes U-turn (and really Mienfoo as a whole) super safe.

Coconut tells me that alternate EV spreads aren't usually mentioned for spotlights, but a passing mention like "though Eviolite Mienfoo can run a variety of EV spreads, a fast and defensive spread is currently its most popular" is okay. I think it's worth including here because the flexibility of its EV spread is a big strength of Eviolite Mienfoo's.

I'm totally about to push you to help out with LC C&C once it gets going again, but in this case I'm concerned that the whole paragraph doesn't really do Eviolite Mienfoo justice. Outside of a bit in the first line that's easy to miss, this spotlight reads like it's describing a high tier mon, not the single most important set in the metagame. I think that you'll need to change the wording of more than a line or two to give off the right impression.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
add remove
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out / Acrobatics / Drain Punch

Being useful against a huge variety of threats thanks to its great typing and all-round all-around good stats, bulky pivot Mienfoo fits on more teams than any other Pokemon. With the prevalence of Eviolite and Berry Juice, Knock Off is a major hindrance to most foes, and High Jump Kick deals good damage to any non-resistant Pokemon. U-turn and Regenerator let Mienfoo safely pivot around the opposing team throughout the game, which often grants free switches to teammates, so fast, frail attackers like Diglett, Gastly, and Abra especially appreciate Mienfoo's support. It's also versatile, as it can run several EV spreads; a fast defensive one is currently most popular. However, being the most important set in the metagame makes its counters very popular too — be too—be sure to prepare for Pokemon like Foongus, Vullaby, Spritzee, and Mareanie, which all either resist High Jump Kick or can OHKO Mienfoo. Make sure your team can break them; Pokemon like Vullaby, Gastly, and Onix are great for this. Pawniard in particular can help against Flying-types, Fairy-types, and Abra for Mienfoo.

this was very good actually 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)