Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 188 HP / 140 Def / 100 SpA / 68 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Raging Bolt is one of the setup sweepers on the team. With sun support from torkoal, it's special attack gets monstrous. Leftovers is ran with a calm mind set to make it more difficult to take down in addition to grassy terrain support from Rillaboom. The defense EVs give it enough bulk to survive a triple axel from jolly weavile, HP EVs are optimized for leftovers and grassy terrain recovery. SpD EVs hit an even number for calm mind boosts. SpA EVs hit the 2nd jump point. Tera grass lets us resist ground and be immune to spore/sleep powder.

Torkoal @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Torkoal is the teams sun setter, hazard removal/setter and burn spreader. I usually lead with torkoal to set rocks and sun. I run heavy boots instead of heat rock so he can switch in and remove hazards in the mid/late game if hatterene misses a magic bounce switch in. Also raging Bolt is the only one that benefits from having sun and the rest of the team appreciates having a form of hazard removal more than sun. There is also a second weather being ran. Lava Plume is there so he isn't too passive. Tera flying is for ground immunity. EVs are to make him as bulky as possible since he is part of the teams core.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Grass
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Rillaboom is the teams breaker, revenge killer, and can provide good momentum with u-turn.Additionally, provides grassy terrain support for the teams bulky mons. Banded Wood hammer with max attack EVs under grassy terrain is absurdly powerful. Knock off for item removal, grassy glide for speed control (next to thunderclap).

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Tera Type: Dark
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Nuzzle / Mystical Fire

Hatterene is for additional hazard control as well as another setup sweeper. This Pokemon is pretty flexible. I go back and forth on running a calm mind set or a healing wish set. I digress.
Leftovers for calm mind setup. The EVs are to optimize it's bulk with burn support from torkoal and slowking. Psyshock is for clodsire. Nuzzle is ran for gholdengo but could also run mystical fire to hit him harder since slowking runs T-wave. Draining kiss is for stab and to keep hatterene healthy. Tera Dark is for kingambit sucker punch resist.

A Healing Wish set could also be ran to provide support to any of the teams wallbreakers or setup sweepers. I have had more success leaning into the bulky offense set, however.

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Tera Type: Water
Sassy Nature
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Scald
- Thunder Wave

Slowking is the teams specially defensive pivot. It's EVs make it as specially defensive as possible since the team was lacking in a special wall. Boots are so it can pivot around hazards safely. Future sight is for switch pressure. Chilly Reception is good for slow momentum, kyurem in particular, as he appreciates the defense boost and chip damage to setup for a sweep. Scald is to spread burns. T-wave is for more speed control. Tera Water is to avoid a kingambit sweep.

Kyurem @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute

My last slot is very particularly chosen, as most combinations of mons made the team weak to multiple common coverage types. Kyurem is the the last teams setup sweeper. I have enough special coverage so I went with a physical d-dance sub set. Hail provided from slowking gives it a defense boost which helps it set up. I run loaded dice to maximize spear and shot as much as possible with the added benefit of breaking sash/sturdy. Tera Fairy is to check dragons.

Any advice and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated! Or if you have any questions if I wasn't clear enough I would be happy to answer!

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
If you want a Sun Team you need atleast 2 Pokemon that abuse Sun. I'd use Gouging Fire. You don't really need G-Slowking and Hatterene so i'd sort one of those two out :).
Here are some options for the Set:
Dragon Dance
Heat Crash/Flare Blitz/ Raging Fury
Earthquake/Outrage/Dragon Claw
Morning Sun/ Burning Bulwark
Morning Sun is the better option here, but you already have passive healing with your Rillaboom so it's up to you!

If you want a Sun Team you need atleast 2 Pokemon that abuse Sun. I'd use Gouging Fire. You don't really need G-Slowking and Hatterene so i'd sort one of those two out :).
Here are some options for the Set:
Dragon Dance
Heat Crash/Flare Blitz/ Raging Fury
Earthquake/Outrage/Dragon Claw
Morning Sun/ Burning Bulwark
Morning Sun is the better option here, but you already have passive healing with your Rillaboom so it's up to you!
Hatterene is in fact very good on sun to keep out the hazards since torkoal isn't exactly the ideal spinner.

If you want to utilise sun, you really need to center the team around it. If you just want a bulky offense team, then get rid of the sun since they take up too many spots. For sun, if you want to build a sun team, get thunderbolt instead of protect on bolt, and replace rillaboom with something, like a band protosynthesis speed boost roaring moon. Replace glowking with something like Walking Wake, gouging fire or life orb venasaur and possibly consider adding kingambit over kyurem here. If you just want a bulky offense team and want to keep the rest of the team after getting rid of sun, adding something like ting-lu as a lead and changing the kyurem set to specs while having kingambit as a win condition could work. If you want to keep the kyurem set you could have something like walking wake with specs as a special wallbreaker instead of raging bolt since it is less dependent on sun if you're running surf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)