SV OU Building my first Competitive Team SV OU :) Peaked 1400

So I've been playing on pokemon showdown for a hot minute. And I mean a hot minute... But only recently made a Smogon account etc and felt like I wanted to share my team for some valuable feedback :). I'm still grasping alot of the concepts when it comes to team building and thought this'd be a perfect opportunity to learn something. I've had quite a bit of success with this team already but I'm not naiive to the fact that it's not perfect. So please do share what you guys think could be changed, thank you.

scizor.png

Scizor was the first Pokemon I added to the team and the team was almost built around him. His primary role was to be a strong offensive pivot that can also be used as a revenge killer. The priority on bullet punch strengthened by technician and choice band allows it to tear through common mon such as iron valiant, roaring moon and dragonite. The Electric Tera Blast and 20 evs invested into speed is primarily to break through Corviknight which this mon does really well.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast
- U-turn

1200px-0445Garchomp.png

Decided to run a Tankchop set with helmet and rough skin to punish any physical attackers. The hazards allow Scizor to wall break more effectively and Tera Ghost enables me to block any potential rapid spinners if need be. I found having another ghost type insanely useful to keep hazards up especially with Gholdengo rendering defog useless. Dragon tail also allow me to milk rocks and spikes for free damage.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
great-tusk.png

Decided to run a more aggressive Great Tusk set with Choice band. Yes it's a bit silly with rapid spin as I can't take advantage of the extra speed but I had no other means of hazard removal so I honestly find myself not spinning all too often. That being said, that's definitely a way in which this team could improve. Banded Close combat and Head long rush just do stupid amounts of damage though. Sometimes a bit of an awkward Pokemon to use but other times completely breaks through the opponent's walls.

Great Tusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

1200px-1000Gholdengo.png

Probably the unsung hero of the team. Alot of my wins have been due to me being able to spread paralysis to almost all of the opponents mons and then stalling them out with recover & nasty plot before using Hex to one shot them. Using Covert Cloak as I personally hate Garganacl to bits and hope that he just ceases to exist. Tera Flying is also great to give an immunity to one if it's weaknesses.

Gholdengo @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

clodsire.jpg

The SpDef Wall... Honestly this mon walls almost anything. I've been running it with water absorb to completely wall walking wake as he's been extremely prevalent in my games. Love the combination of yawn and toxic to force switches. Overall the combination of Gholdengo and Clodsire really spread status among the enemy Pokemon and it's just great at stopping pretty much any special attacking threat in it's tracks.

Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Toxic
- Recover

658.png

Gren is on this team to provide coverage for pretty much anything that threatens me. It helps with Ground types that threaten Gholdengo and Scizor. Ice beam also helps with providing coverage. Greninja also just offers really good speed control. I've been considering changing Grass Knot to U-Turn just so I'm able to pivot out but I thought I'd wait on more people's opinions :)

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Overall I've had a pretty okay time at using this team. Please do let me know your thoughts :).
Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
Good team in all honesty, and congratz on the peak!

Also, welcome to the club :)

Two things that might help you out more in the long run... As you're probably already toying with (and I know about the insane damage output), I would give tusk a different item. May I suggest leftovers or boots?

And once Wake gets banned I would swap that clod over to unaware with a move other than yawn. Yawn is good but toxic is better IMO. Perhaps haze to pair with unaware? Or toxic spikes to really add hazards to the field.

Just some food for thought...

GL!

Last edited:
Good team in all honesty, and congratz on the peak!

Also, welcome to the club :)

Two things that might help you out more in the long run... As you're probably already toying with (and I know about the insane damage output), I would give tusk a different item. May I suggest left overs or boots?

And once Wake gets banned I would swap that clod over to unaware with a move other than yawn. Yawn is good but toxic is better IMO. Perhaps haze to pair with unaware? Or toxic spikes to really add hazards to the field.

Just some food for thought...

GL!
Thank you so much ! Will make those changes right now and test it out :)
I appreciate it ! :woo:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)