Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
there were no items or evs besides the necessary 1 to push the match through

https://pokepast.es/1683a81793ca5368

https://pokepast.es/c16a2b15b2d1bd88

here are the pastes
the kingler user probably misclicked on the stats bar in the builder. in BH clicking one of the bars auto-sets all stats to as if they had 252 EVs but it doesn't actually display the EVs in builder. cryogonal freeze-dry also corresponds with this (0 SpA Cryogonal Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kingler: 170-204 (54.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
1678471027339.png

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
there were no items or evs besides the necessary 1 to push the match through

https://pokepast.es/1683a81793ca5368

https://pokepast.es/c16a2b15b2d1bd88

here are the pastes
Looked a bit deeper into it, Typhlosion-H, Torterra and Kingler had 252 in all stats, they were all dealing too much damage and receiving not enough damage for them to be running 0 in all stats.

Not a bug, just your opponent either making a mistake, or deliberately trying to cheat in your battle. Anyways it looks like you guys shouldve just played in NatDex Draft like your paste says you shouldve :puff:

If a Zorua/Zoroark gets hit while disguised as Annihilape, the real Annihilape's Rage Fist power will go up, even though it wasn't actually hit. https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9nationaldexubers-1819014203 You can't see it really in the replay, but basically, on Turn 9, before the real Annihilape was hit, Rage Fist was already boosted by 50 power, even though it was not hit yet. After being hit by Triple Axel, it retained this, having 4 boosts despite only being hit 3 times total. The 1 hit being registered I believe is from the Hisuian Zoroark being hit by Lucario's Bullet Punch as Annihilape.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9brokencup-1818989512

Turn 3, Sableye with Parental Bond uses Dynamax cannon, but it only hits once, with no multi-hit message attached. I couldn't find any indication in the move descriptions or on Bulbapedia that it works like that.
There are several moves that can't become multi-hit:
Code:
Self-Destruct
Explosion
Rollout
Endeavor
Ice Ball
Fling
Final Gambit
Dynamax Cannon
Dragon Darts
Dragon Darts doesn't actually need to be flagged because it has a non-zero hit count, and 11 other moves also have the flag but I didn't list them because they're Status moves so it's equally redundant for Parental Bond's mechanics.

In gen 6 pure hackemon when an arceus-type is granted an ability other than multitype then it becomes normal type. I know that is not a bug. The bug is that when hovering over it the typing is displayed as what ever type it should be if it had the plate & multitype so when against an electric arceus with wonder guard the type shown by hovering over it in battle is electric. Someone reported a simular bug before but they were confused that the type wasn't acting like electric and that is not the "bug" (its intentional) that I'm reporting. Arceus is also one of, if not the, most popular pokemon in gen-VI pure hackemon.

This might not be exactly the right forum to ask in, as it is a bug with the website itself rather than with battle mechanics - but I can't find anywhere else to report it.

Sometimes when I select a format (particularly just after I open the website) on mobile, the format does not change properly. By this I mean, the text that says which format I am playing does change but the team I am using stays the same as the old format.

Then, when I try to play the format it tells me that I have to select a team but, because it's still on "random team" I can't?

Another way this happened was it let me have a team selected going into a random battle - then when I tried to start the battle it told me that I wasn't allowed to have a team selected (unsurprisingly) and to report the bug, which is what I'm doing.
Screenshot_20230312-114546-312.png

Oké, so...I Skill Swapped Toxic Debris to my Pokémon from the opponent and immediately got hit. On the hit, Toxic Spikes spread, then immediately disappeared.

Possibly of note: Glimmora was Poison-Type at the start of the turn, and then Terastallised into a Grass-Type, which of course took effect before Skill Swap.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9vgc2023series2-1820398347-ta266ij2grj4mn9djbnxgrfl5wzp1a0pw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - Mortal Spin triggered Toxic Debris and then cleared the hazards on the Glimmora's side after they got set. This is how it works in-game. (Kris)

there is a bug in gen6 draft format were victini's ability do not affect its moves accuracy.
Screenshot 2023-03-14 075407.png
]

i tried it in a different gen format. it works fine.
Screenshot 2023-03-14 075519.png

this is bad because its the format of Draft League ORAS Cup and its happening right now so pls if someone can fix it. pls fix it asap.

Attachments

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Been an issue for a while specific to GSC when trying to import sample sets but only found out today it was actually a PS side thing and not the sample set importing process.

When you try and import GSC stuff into teambuilder from the suggested sets though you'll get something along the lines of,

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: No Ability
Hidden Power: Ice
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

In any other gen Hidden Power: Ice gets interpreted correctly and the IVs auto fix, but presumably because GSC runs off of DVs instead that only go up to 15 the teambuilder just ignores it and defaults to HP Dark which throws a validator error up. Basically forces you to manually change the hidden power by changing the move to something else and back to make the builder fix it whenever you try and put something like this in unless you manually selected the move in the first place. Same thing happens if you try and import the import code like that too without the DVs included.

In this case what the teambuilder would actually need for it to work without bringing up a validator error would be,

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: No Ability
Hidden Power: Ice
IVs: 26 Def
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

so that the DVs just get auto adjusted to 13 Def to make HP Ice, but the teambuilder only adds this in if you manually click the move.

I think I may have discovered a weird visual bug when using destiny bond on Zoroark with the team preview, full battle replay here.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1822526522-2a1oix4waly6mq8yvvbew1iv04zf6k7pw

1678908735027.png

As you can see here, on turn 3 when I KO Gholdengo with destiny bond, it tells me that Gholdengo fainted and does not display Zoroark's Illusion breaking, leading me to believe this Gholdengo shouldn't be the Zoroark.

1678908759148.png

Up until 6, everything looks normal of course, but on turn 7 after mega Lopunny uses U-turn, my opponent sends out Gholdengo again, which can't have happened, since I already know the Gholdengo I KO'd earlier with destiny bond was real.

What's even weirder is that the team preview instantly changed to grey out my opponent's Great Tusk instead of Gholdengo or Zoroark, despite my opponent not having used their Great Tusk yet.

1678908818554.png

I dealt damage to the second Gholdengo on turn 12 without Zoroark revealing, leading me to believe that the first Gholdengo must have actually been Zoroark, but didn't reveal when KO'd by destiny bond.

I may be wrong about the destiny bond thing, as for all I know, it could just work like that normally and not actually reveal Zororak. But at the very least there seems to be some sort of bug with the team preview as it should not have displayed Great Tusk as KO'd.

I think I may have discovered a weird visual bug when using destiny bond on Zoroark with the team preview, full battle replay here.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1822526522-2a1oix4waly6mq8yvvbew1iv04zf6k7pw

View attachment 500147
As you can see here, on turn 3 when I KO Gholdengo with destiny bond, it tells me that Gholdengo fainted and does not display Zoroark's Illusion breaking, leading me to believe this Gholdengo shouldn't be the Zoroark.

View attachment 500148
Up until 6, everything looks normal of course, but on turn 7 after mega Lopunny uses U-turn, my opponent sends out Gholdengo again, which can't have happened, since I already know the Gholdengo I KO'd earlier with destiny bond was real.

What's even weirder is that the team preview instantly changed to grey out my opponent's Great Tusk instead of Gholdengo or Zoroark, despite my opponent not having used their Great Tusk yet.

View attachment 500149
I dealt damage to the second Gholdengo on turn 12 without Zoroark revealing, leading me to believe that the first Gholdengo must have actually been Zoroark, but didn't reveal when KO'd by destiny bond.

I may be wrong about the destiny bond thing, as for all I know, it could just work like that normally and not actually reveal Zororak. But at the very least there seems to be some sort of bug with the team preview as it should not have displayed Great Tusk as KO'd.
Only direct damage or the disguised Pokémon Dynamxing or using a Z-Move will break Illusion.

The ladder decay is supposed to be harsher for current gen Random Battles and OU (see for example here), but currently gen8 is still seen as current gen for this purpose.

It's hard to prove but I've dropped to below 1499 in gen8rands which should not be possible, whereas decay on gen9 has been very slow. Both Random and OU have very low gen8 ladders as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)