Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Eerie Impulse / Charge
- Roost

With the combination of Kee Berry, Roost, and Eerie Impulse or Charge, Zapdos can take on both the physical and special attackers of the metagame one-on-one, such as Cinderace, Rillaboom, Celesteela, and Tapu Fini. In addition, Zapdos gained an incredibly valuable tool with the Crown Tundra DLC in Hurricane, giving it not only a viable secondary STAB attack to spam, but also the most coveted Max Move in Max Airstream. These factors allow Zapdos to rack up boosts in three of its stats, making it a wincon that must be respected. With Pressure and Discharge, Zapdos makes an excellent job of crippling its foes by depleting their PP and spreading paralysis, making it even harder to muscle through. The EV spread provided allows Zapdos to stall Cinderace's Dynamax turns thanks to Kee Berry and Roost as well as to outspeed Jolly Cinderace at +1. Zapdos is one of the most versatile Pokemon in the metagame; however,it would be advised to pair it with Choice Scarf Dracovish, which appreciates Zapdos's ability to remove its checks and in turn pressures some of Zapdos's common checks in Landorus-T and Nihilego.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna check this now. Sorry for the long wait, had too much fun with my new Xbox lol. I think you mostly cover this mon well, but I got some nitpicks!

* I think it's worth mentioning that most Zapdos are actually very offensive, and that going defensive is a less common, but still very viable option.

* If you want to expand on that a bit further: Zapdos's versatility is part of why its one of the best Pokemon in Battle Stadium Singles at the moment. Beyond just Special Attacking and defensive sets, there's even mixed sets with Steel Wing to smash Nihilego! Obviously, spotlights are only one set, but it might be worth giving these a passive mention since they play a part in Zapdos's dominating presence currently.

* I'd change Landorus to Landorus-T. I assume that's the mon you meant, but no one really uses regular Landorus in BSS.

* For Dracovish, I'd specfically say Choice Scarf Dracovish, because outpseeding Nihilego is very important for being a Zapdos partner imo! I mean granted, switching in Dracovish into Nihilego doesn't tend to end well either, but I think the readers will know that.

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This is almost 1200 characters long, so before checking this I would recommend cutting some stuff down. Tag me once you have.:blobthumbsup:

Reactions: zee

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add (AC=Add comma, AH=Add hyphen, ASC=Add semicolon)
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
GP 1/1
once implemented :blobthumbsup:
Zapdos @ Kee Berry
Ability: Pressure
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Eerie Impulse / Charge
- Roost

With the combination of Kee Berry, one of Eerie Impulse and Charge,(RC) and Roost,(AC) and Eerie Impulse or Charge,(AC) Zapdos can take on both the physical and special attackers of the metagame one-on-one(AH), such as Cinderace, Rillaboom,(AC) Celesteela, and Tapu Fini,(RC) and Rillaboom. In addition, Zapdos gained an incredibly valuable buff in tool with the Crown Tundra as it gained access to DLC in Hurricane, giving it not only a viable secondary STAB attack to spam, but also the most coveted max move Max Move in Max Airstream. These factors allow Zapdos to rack up stat buffs for boosts in three of its stats, making it win condition a wincon that must be respected. With Pressure and Discharge, Zapdos makes an excellent job of crippling its foes by depleting their PP and spreading Paralysis paralysis, making it even harder to muscle through. The EV Spread spread provided allows Zapdos to stall Cinderace's Dynamax turns thanks to Kee Berry and Roost,(RC) as well as to outspeed Jolly Cinderace at +1 Speed. Zapdos is one of the most splashable versatile Pokemon in the metagame,(RC) ;(ASC) however,(AC) it would be advised to pair it with Choice Scarf Dracovish, which appreciates Zapdos's ability to remove its checks,(RC) and in turn pressures some of Zapdos's common checks in Landorus-Therian and Nihilego.

Last edited:
Reactions: zee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)