BSS Teambuilding & Help Thread (SuMo Edition Reloaded 2.0)

Laddering on showdown and would appreciate any help with this team, currently around 1530 which is top 150.
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Level: 50
EVs: 212 HP / 52 Atk / 4 Def / 140 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Hippowdon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Recover

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Curse

Xurkitree @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 116 HP / 160 SpA / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Tail Glow

Laddering on showdown and would appreciate any help with this team, currently around 1530 which is top 150.
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 212 HP / 52 Atk / 4 Def / 140 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Hippowdon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Recover

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Curse

Xurkitree @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 116 HP / 160 SpA / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
Hey man, I've had a quick look at your team.

The thing that instantly sticks out to me is the Xurkitree set. Generally you are almost always going to want Electrium-Z or Psychium-Z or in very rare situations scarf. Wiki berry Xurkitree probably isn't the best use of the pokemon in general. Your EV spread outspeeds breloom, which your team doesn't deal with well, however it's likely irrelevant due to two hits of bullet seed putting you into mach punch range of adamant loom, which means you'd only end up breaking sash. I guess the other use speedwise would be to outspeed base 130s at +1, however your set does not have hypnosis. Overall I'd change this and find out a gameplan to deal with spore (asides from leading mence as that can go horribly).

One Xurkitree spread I like if Z-Electric is: 228HP, 20Def, 52SPA, 36SPD, 172SPE. This spread allows you to eat Mega Metagross and Hippowdon EQ, Modest Scarf Tapu Lele's Psychic. The Special Attack will allow you to KO Metagross and Lele back with Electrium-Z whilst you can OHKO Hippowdon with Grass Knot if it is defensive. Your set is fine overall, though I would change Discharge for Thunderbolt. There is a different spread for Psychium-Z, specifically to outspeed base 130s at +1, but you'd need to run Hypnosis.

You should make sure your Porygon2 has Max HP and 12 Defence EVs. I'd be tempted to change it to defensive (or hippo to defensive) though otherwise you pretty much will always lose a pokemon vs. +2 mimikyu which sets up against every pokemon on your team assuming it doesn't get paralysed by discharge.

Overall though, the team looks alright, if you want to shore it up beyond what I've said above, I'd suggest looking towards things that specifically help vs. Ferrothorn and Mamoswine. The latter really looks like a massive headache for your team whilst the former sits in on everything. Mega Scizor is also a problem you should look into since your team has no fire move. I could imagine it would be difficult to play certain fatter matchups. Gliscor looks similarly annoying. Your team is kinda a bit slow for the metagame so you kinda struggle with stuff that takes advantage of bulky teams. Just things to keep in mind there and I hope I helped a bit though my BSS knowledge is limited.

Last edited:

The thing that instantly sticks out to me is the Xurkitree set. Generally you are almost always going to want Electrium-Z or Psychium-Z or in very rare situations scarf. Wiki berry Xurkitree probably isn't the best use of the pokemon in general. Your EV spread outspeeds breloom, which your team doesn't deal with well, however it's likely irrelevant due to two hits of bullet seed putting you into mach punch range of adamant loom, which means you'd only end up breaking sash. I guess the other use speedwise would be to outspeed base 130s at +1, however your set does not have hypnosis. Overall I'd change this and find out a gameplan to deal with spore (asides from leading mence as that can go horribly).

One Xurkitree spread I like if Z-Electric is: 228HP, 20Def, 52SPA, 36SPD, 172SPE. This spread allows you to eat Mega Metagross and Hippowdon EQ, Modest Scarf Tapu Lele's Psychic. The Special Attack will allow you to KO Metagross and Lele back with Electrium-Z whilst you can OHKO Hippowdon with Grass Knot if it is defensive. Your set is fine overall, though I would change Discharge for Thunderbolt. There is a different spread for Psychium-Z, specifically to outspeed base 130s at +1, but you'd need to run Hypnosis.

You should make sure your Porygon2 has Max HP and 12 Defence EVs. I'd be tempted to change it to defensive (or hippo to defensive) though otherwise you pretty much will always lose a pokemon vs. +2 mimikyu which sets up against every pokemon on your team assuming it doesn't get paralysed by discharge.

Overall though, the team looks alright, if you want to shore it up beyond what I've said above, I'd suggest looking towards things that specifically help vs. Ferrothorn and Mamoswine. The latter really looks like a massive headache for your team whilst the former sits in on everything. Mega Scizor is also a problem you should look into since your team has no fire move. I could imagine it would be difficult to play certain fatter matchups. Gliscor looks similarly annoying. Your team is kinda a bit slow for the metagame so you kinda struggle with stuff that takes advantage of bulky teams. Just things to keep in mind there and I hope I helped a bit though my BSS knowledge is limited.
THhsnks man I appreciate it , I actually made it to number 2 on the ladder with this team except I had celestela over aegislash for a physically wall, but then I got tilted hard against better opponents. So overall if you have any team ideas for this ladder I’d appreciate it !

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
i think you're overexaggerating the Breloom weakness, but it's true that the super-standard Hippo / Mence teams use (Calm Mind) Tapu Koko as their electric of choice in order to combat opposing yawn / spore users. However, I think the Xurkitree is a valid deviation from the norm and worth exploring. They also tend to a more physically defensive Porygon2 as they usually end up having to take the brunt of the burden of Hippowdon sacrificing its physical bulk (and thus dying to +2 Mimikium-Z), in which case you'd want to use Foul Play to do a lot of damage vs boosted physical sweepers, which is exactly why devilican also pointed this out. If you want to keep SpDef P2, Another compromise you can take a look at, is giving Hippowdon a bit more physical bulk - popular Korean streamer Snowparty recommends 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpDef Impish (with 50% berry) because of this, and tries to survive a Devastating Drake from Naganadel most of the time and still has a roll to survive +2 Mimikium-Z that turns even more into your favor considering most Mimikium-Z Mimikyus tend to be bulky, and thus not necessarily 252 Atk. I understand the benefits of using a fully spdef Hippowdon, as it survives almost literally everything short of super effective special Z-moves, but it's worth investing some physical defense on at least one of P2 or Hippowdon because of how annoying Mimikyu can be if they can earn a free turn (which isn't hard with Mimikyu)

Good luck with your pursuit for 2000, it's a pretty hard one but the struggle is what makes the achievement even better.

Last edited:
i think you're overexaggerating the Breloom weakness, but it's true that the super-standard Hippo / Mence teams use (Calm Mind) Tapu Koko as their electric of choice in order to combat opposing yawn / spore users. However, I think the Xurkitree is a valid deviation from the norm and worth exploring. They also tend to a more physically defensive Porygon2 as they usually end up having to take the brunt of the burden of Hippowdon sacrificing its physical bulk (and thus dying to +2 Mimikium-Z), in which case you'd want to use Foul Play to do a lot of damage vs boosted physical sweepers, which is exactly why devilican also pointed this out. If you want to keep SpDef P2, Another compromise you can take a look at, is giving Hippowdon a bit more physical bulk - popular Korean streamer Snowparty recommends 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpDef Impish because of this, and tries to survive a Devastating Drake from Naganadel most of the time and still has a roll to survive +2 Mimikium-Z that turns even more into your favor considering most Mimikium-Z Mimikyus tend to be bulky, and thus not necessarily 252 Atk. I understand the benefits of using a fully spdef Hippowdon, as it survives almost literally everything short of super effective special Z-moves, but it's worth investing some physical defense on at least one of P2 or Hippowdon because of how annoying Mimikyu can be if they can earn a free turn (which isn't hard with Mimikyu)

Good luck with your pursuit for 2000, it's a pretty hard one but the struggle is what makes the achievement even better.
Thanks for the advice , for the xurkitree would you consider electrium z??

Also meant to ask, what nature for the xurkitree ??

I've was thinking of a Mega-Gengar, Ferrothorn, Gliscor core, since Ferrothorn and Gliscor can cover Gengar's counters, and I heard that normal types like Snorlax can do well with Gengar, but I feel like there's a lot wrong with this team and I don't know where to go from here.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Gengar is the main sweeper.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 228 HP / 68 Def / 212 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 148 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Return
- Fire Punch

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've was thinking of a Mega-Gengar, Ferrothorn, Gliscor core, since Ferrothorn and Gliscor can cover Gengar's counters, and I heard that normal types like Snorlax can do well with Gengar, but I feel like there's a lot wrong with this team and I don't know where to go from here.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Return
- Fire Punch
this looks like a fine start. would you mind explaining how you came up with the Snorlax EV spread? I haven't seen any like that so I know it isn't a common spread, unlike Gliscor's which looks as though you've just taken the one from our analysis on the strategy dex. Speaking of Gliscor though, I would make it specially defensive so that it's better at handling Aegislash, which looks annoying for your team.

You've got 3 nice bulky mons so I would add something more offensive, perhaps a set up sweeper since Gengar is not a sweeper itself, or just something capable of doing damage quick. You also don't have a way of stopping Blaziken outside tanking a huge Flare Blitz with Gliscor, but a lot of Blaziken run HP Ice just for that...

With all that in mind I would suggest trying out Toxapex and either Mega Salamence or Mega Metagross as the last two pokemon. All 3 of them have very flexible movesets, but I think mixed Salamence would be the best set for that at least.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Return
- Fire Punch
You could also use immunity lax which pretty much walls aegislah most common sets outside of swords dance with sacred sword. But yeah Mence looks like a nice choice for an alternate mega and answer to Blaziken bar hp ice Blaziken.

Mence-mega
Intimidate
Adamant nature: 212 hp, 52 atk, 4def, 140 spdef , 100 speed
Return
Dragon dance
Earthquake
Roost
This set tanks a lot and at plus one out speeds anything while Ohko almost anything with either return or eq.

this looks like a fine start. would you mind explaining how you came up with the Snorlax EV spread? I haven't seen any like that so I know it isn't a common spread, unlike Gliscor's which looks as though you've just taken the one from our analysis on the strategy dex. Speaking of Gliscor though, I would make it specially defensive so that it's better at handling Aegislash, which looks annoying for your team.

You've got 3 nice bulky mons so I would add something more offensive, perhaps a set up sweeper since Gengar is not a sweeper itself, or just something capable of doing damage quick. You also don't have a way of stopping Blaziken outside tanking a huge Flare Blitz with Gliscor, but a lot of Blaziken run HP Ice just for that...

With all that in mind I would suggest trying out Toxapex and either Mega Salamence or Mega Metagross as the last two pokemon. All 3 of them have very flexible movesets, but I think mixed Salamence would be the best set for that at least.
Hey Cant Say, that Snorlax spread is probably one of the most common curse/recycle Snorlax spread, at least up until Season 11 or so. Nowadays you are more likely to see something like max attack max defence adamant or any bunch of a wide variety of spreads based on what the snorlax is needed to do.

The EV benchmarks are as follows:

148 HP/92 SPDEF

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 148 HP / 92 SpD Snorlax in Psychic Terrain: 160-190 (62.9 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With 50% berry you will take 2 Specs Psychics.

12 ATK ADAMANT

12+ Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 58-69 (39.7 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
12+ Atk Snorlax Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 88-105 (60.2 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 12+ Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Blaziken-Mega: 162-192 (104.5 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The investment also means that at +6, snorlax cannot be leech seed protect stalled by defensive Celesteela. There's a few other kinda relevant calcs at +1 that I know less about but it just does more damage to relevant threats.

The rest is put in defence for max defensive bulk.

I'm trying to build a semi-casual team using pokemon that I already like.
I would like to include as many of these pokemon as possible:

• Garchomp
  • Lucario
  • Mawile
  • Mimikyu
  • Aegislash
  • Greninja
Could you help me build a viable team taking at least 4 pokemon from the list? Thank you!

• Garchomp
  • Lucario
  • Mawile
  • Mimikyu
  • Aegislash
  • Greninja
Could you help me build a viable team taking at least 4 pokemon from the list? Thank you!
No idea how it will do in competitive play but I made a quick team out of the mons you gave me. I replaced Garchomp with Latias as the team kind of needed a ground immunity. If you wanted to make it better, adding slotting in something like a porygon2 somewhere could help. It might be worth changing aegislash to defensive weakness policy too.

Untitled PokePaste

Last edited:

• Garchomp
  • Lucario
  • Mawile
  • Mimikyu
  • Aegislash
  • Greninja
Hello! I too took a quick pass at this, implementing the list in its entirety while trying to keep the EVs and gameplay approach reasonably simple yet still quasi-viable. As such, since I think most people would agree that you seldom see Mawile without some kind of Trick Room options on its team, here's some Final Gambit Lucario jank to ideally make a 3v3 into a 2v2 for all the mons you have listed on there that are normally able to trade at least 1-for-1:

https://pokepast.es/da1fbb70c111ddde

I didn't see this thread but if someone could help me out real quick:

Hello, I was playing around with a drought team to decent sucesss and was wondering if I should pursue this team, or is it bad? I only have 3 pokemon right now and am unsure about my sideboard. Please help me out as I am rather new but would like some advice please! Will try to add descriptions but am unsure about the depth because my knowledge is limited please bear with me.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Overheat

Charizard always goes first. His purpose it so summon the sun, perhaps kill a mon or two and let the others finish the game. Overheat can be used to powerthrough some tanky mons.

Venusaur (M) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

With growth, things die. However, with a fast venasaur sometimes solar beam is all that is necessary. I used hidden power fire to fight against steel, and sludge bomb against fairy.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

This cloyster is a standard shell smash sweeper that cleans up pretty well and covers ice. You can icicle spear things that are weak to Ice without shell smashing.

. If you guys could suggest changes or what pokemon I can add I would greatly appreciate it!

I didn't see this thread but if someone could help me out real quick:

Hello, I was playing around with a drought team to decent sucesss and was wondering if I should pursue this team, or is it bad? I only have 3 pokemon right now and am unsure about my sideboard. Please help me out as I am rather new but would like some advice please! Will try to add descriptions but am unsure about the depth because my knowledge is limited please bear with me.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Overheat

Charizard always goes first. His purpose it so summon the sun, perhaps kill a mon or two and let the others finish the game. Overheat can be used to powerthrough some tanky mons.

Venusaur (M) @ Aguav Berry
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

With growth, things die. However, with a fast venasaur sometimes solar beam is all that is necessary. I used hidden power fire to fight against steel, and sludge bomb against fairy.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

This cloyster is a standard shell smash sweeper that cleans up pretty well and covers ice. You can icicle spear things that are weak to Ice without shell smashing.

. If you guys could suggest changes or what pokemon I can add I would greatly appreciate it!
I can talk about general sun teams, though they are very niche and not too consistent in BSS.

Generally you aren't going to want to use Charizard Y as your sun setter. The reason for this is that you have a lot of pokemon that straight up OHKO Charizard Y in the lead slot. The main three, arguably three of the best leads in the game are Landorus-T (with rock tomb), Greninja and Tapu Koko. Generally just having charizard and venusaur on the same team will set off the alarm bells to a lot of players due to Mega Venusaurs role on more balanace and semi-stall builds and charizard being an offensive mega and they will likely lead for sun. This means you set up sun and do nothing else which is not ideal.

This is probably why you are going to want to have the dedicated sun lead, that being Torkoal. Also this means your sun will last longer due to heat rock which is needed due to the nature of Venusaur. Venusaur, especially the set you have struggles to get OHKOs without a growth set up and can struggle even with a growth, it is no mega Swampert. It also finds it difficult to set up on a lot of pokemon, Fire, Ice, Psychic and Flying weaknesses and having far less bulk than usual due to needing to run max speed max special attack modest. This is why you want yawn on Torkoal to give Venusaur that turn.

I like the idea behind Cloyster, think keeping that as is is good.

GOAL: To make your sun more consistent, your Venusaur a more threatening offensive presence and create a secondary mode for when Sun isn't hacking it in team preview.

Without further ado, the changes I've done and a bit of description:

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Explosion

New Sun lead. HP/Defence for +2 Mimikyu Ghostium-Z as well as Landorus-T earthquake. HP/Spdef for Naganadel Z-Draco, Thundurus-T Z-Electric and most of the time Aegislash Ghostium-Z.

Venusaur (M) @ Poisonium Z
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

I've just changed your venusaur slightly from Aguav berry to poisonium-Z to help break through teams, not much more to say about it than that.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

I like your cloyster set so I've kept it here.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

I've just put the EV spread as a placeholder, but I like the general idea of the set, which is to function as a kind of secondary sun sweeper that can be used instead of venusaur (I could have used Blaziken here as I believe is more common but decided to keep zard). Very few things want to switch into sun boosted Flare Blitzes and Earthquake is needed or your composition just gets walled by Heatran.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Mimikyu is just there are a general stop to things, again don't pay too much attention to the specifics of the set though it should either be ghost/mimikyu-z. Breaks through tapu fini, an important stop to mega blaziken in particular as well as opposing zard and volcarona.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch

My last idea was this gyarados set, kind of using it as an anti-hippo/fat mon, especially for hippo just coming in and changing weathers, also does alright vs. greninja. Really unsure about this as this is just theory and not practice.

Threats (Just listed a few off top of my head):

Porygon2 - Venusaur KOs P2 with +2 Poison-Z or Zard at +2 but it can still wall a lot of the team especially with other fat, Gyara if no discharge will set up on P2 for days.
Fini - Can break through with solar beam, alternatively explosion or +2 Mimikyu.
Lele - Scarf can be pretty annoying, though set up sun and ko with venusaur alternatively mimikyu and gyara can take hits.
Blaziken - Regular gyara + Mimikyu, Zard X can also KO with EQ, never let it get set up. Yawn with torkoal if it looks to be bp.
Naganadel - you are going to want to bring mimikyu or cloyster to revenge, avoid getting it in vs. venusaur tho +2 poisonium KOs.
Trick room - You are gonna want to be trying to taunt P2 leads or let trick room go up and use your fire types to deny mawile.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
I don't know too much about mega houndoom, not enough to tell you where it fits in in terms of the meta. You could always test it out and see how it does.
Tried it, zard is better xD. Solar Power takes off too much hp from houndoom and he's too exposed to earthquake and stealth rock.

Houndoom is not bad though, here's what works with sun

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:
Well I am trying to ranked up in the pokemon global link using the core of focus lead mamoswine, a bulky venusaur, and a curse sword dance mimikyu with the stats down below:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
EVs: 164 HP / 140 Atk / 196 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Curse

And they with are going pair up with a physical wall skarmory, special wall chansey, and a choice scarf garchomp with their stats down below:

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Minimize

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Dual Chop

But I have this trouble some feeling they might not do so well on the ladder with this team I created so is there pokemons that I can replace that improve my team overall without changing the core so much?

Guys I have been sweeping people on BSS especially on the cartridge format with the sun core (Torkoal Venasaur). I think it's because people literally don't know what it is - everyone has seen swampert in action, but not this team. Add to the fact that Venasaur's hidden power fire is also boosted by sunny day, and I've killed so many teams who just think they can outspeed or tank venasaur.. bad mistake. I am considering replacing solar beam with energy ball to be more consistent but solar beam is just so satisfying.

The only real counter to this team is the same counter to other weather teams like bringing in hippowdown or tyranitar to change the weather (which is a good reason to have other options). Having Charizard with earthquake or blaziken with high jump kick will take care of the random heatran.

EDIT: Please use blaziken instead of charizard, I'm a big fan of the 'Don but many heatrans run balloon which earthquake can't hit...

Last edited:
Well I am trying to ranked up in the pokemon global link using the core of focus lead mamoswine, a bulky venusaur, and a curse sword dance mimikyu with the stats down below:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
EVs: 164 HP / 140 Atk / 196 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Curse

And they with are going pair up with a physical wall skarmory, special wall chansey, and a choice scarf garchomp with their stats down below:

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Iron Defense
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Minimize

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Dual Chop

But I have this trouble some feeling they might not do so well on the ladder with this team I created so is there pokemons that I can replace that improve my team overall without changing the core so much?
I am not too knowledgeable about these sort of cores. I’d assume your team would work fine on ladder as long as you played well. The major issue I have with at least full and to a lesser extent semi stall is you need to be somewhat unpredictable in your team building as you struggle to wall certain stuff well otherwise.

One thing you could do is use venu p2 heatran over venu chansey skarm. It’s a lot safer in some aspects and more adaptable and less momentum draining when not brought as a core. P2 also is less likely to get trapped by gengar due to trace. That’s only a brief suggestion as well as perhaps running another scarfer over chomp that can deal with gar since you already have mamo. You want a rock move on that scarfer for sure vs zard x And volc anyways.

One thing you could do is use venu p2 heatran over venu chansey skarm. It’s a lot safer in some aspects and more adaptable and less momentum draining when not brought as a core. P2 also is less likely to get trapped by gengar due to trace. That’s only a brief suggestion as well as perhaps running another scarfer over chomp that can deal with gar since you already have mamo. You want a rock move on that scarfer for sure vs zard x And volc anyways.
I am going to use heatran it have to be a Calm nature Toxic Staller variant because I know P2 are defensive and another scarfer that deal with gar, zard x, and volc is greninja am I right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)