SS Ubers Bring Me The Horizon [2k Thread]

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Someone told me once that you should only do threads like these for your 1k, 5k, and every 5k after that. Well I don't know how long I'll be around here, if I'll make it to 5k or 10k, and I want to be able to give my thanks to all of the amazing people in my life, so we're doing a 2k thread.

Introduction
I was looking for a team to post for my 2k thread and found something at the bottom of my teambuilder helpfully titled "Webs HO without the Webs or the HO." This is a team I built about six months ago with help from Aberforth (mostly him going "stop putting Ribombee on your teams, it's not viable") that saw some ladder usage but never any real tournament usage. It was my first attempt at a balance team because I figured I can't only use Ribombee Webs my whole life. Does that mean it's a good team? No. This team is very specially defensive and probably gets absolutely destroyed by Bulk Up Marshadow. Does anyone care? Probably not, this is a shoutout thread and everyone knows not to take teambuilding advice from me.

In the style of my 1k thread, I've named all of them after some of my favorite Bring Me The Horizon songs because I'm an edgy 13 year old deep down inside and linked them in their names if you're so inclined to listen (you might also recognize some of my CTs).

The Team

Doomed (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 160 Def / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Astral Barrage
- Aromatherapy

The terror of SS Ubers itself, this is more of a support Calyrex since the team needed a cleric and apparently "I like to punch things" isn't a valid excuse to compromise the balance of the team. Astral Barrage still hits everything like a truck, and Timid Calyrex is outspeeding the whole unboosted metagame bar like Pheromosa and Regieleki. You're not 1v1ing SpDef Ferrothorn or Yveltal with this though, especially Taunt Yveltal.

nihilist blues (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Where there's Calyrex-Shadow, there's Yveltal. In fact, I've seen teams in SS AG run multiple Yveltals because of this. This is the team's only hazard removal and, like insinuated, Calyrex-S switch because that thing is a monster. I have debated running Sucker Punch over U-turn, mostly for Calyrex that are set up, but ultimately kept U-turn because pivoting is more generally useful.

±ªþ³§ (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Fun fact: while checking to see if PS would accept this nickname, I made someone rage quit because they missed Thunder Cage twice in a row. 92 Speed EVs outspeeds Adamant Marshadow (don't fact check me on that) and it can eat Astral Barrage from Calyrex and force it out. Dragon Tail is a nice phasing option with the amount of powerful setup mons in Ubers. Sludge Bomb is STAB and smacks Xerneas, Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and I have been reliably informed by one of the Ubers TLs that Mystical Fire "sucks ass."

heavy metal (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike

Xerneas is scary and this thing will always 2HKO it. Specially Defensive Necrozma also eats basically everything from Eternatus. Also has utility as a Rocks setter and item removal alongside Yveltal. (Sorry RMT mods there's not a lot to write about this one please don't ban me)

in the dark (Marshadow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Spectral Thief

Marshadow is adorable and terrifying, making it the best Pokemon in Ubers by default. It's also the only real wallbreaker on this team, so Spectral Thieving other Pokemon's boosts helps it to function in that role. Ice Punch covers Yveltal, Landorus-Therian, and can 2HKO several Eternatus variants. Low Kick is run over Close Combat because "everything in Ubers is heavy" - Aberforth

Crucify Me (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

This thing is just really annoying. It makes up the second half of the hazard stacking core with Necrozma and chips stuff with Leech Seed. It is walled by most Ghost-types since its only attacking move is Body Press and it will 100% die to a Marshadow looking at it funny. It does, however, eat a lot from Kyogre and Xerneas and Leech Seeds them back to be annoying.

Here's the importable if you want it for some reason:
Doomed (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 160 Def / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Astral Barrage
- Aromatherapy

nihilist blues (Yveltal) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Knock Off

±ªþ³§ (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

heavy metal (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike

in the dark (Marshadow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Spectral Thief

Crucify Me (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

The past year to year and a half has been one of the roughest periods I've ever gone through. My irl fell to pieces and my mental health went with it. I went through long stretches of time where I couldn't find the will to get up, to talk to anyone, or even to eat. It was an extremely dark time for me where things felt extremely hopeless and I lost many of the people I used to call friends due to my poor mental state. I owe a great many thanks to the people who ended up helping me through this period of my life, without them I wouldn't be here to write this thread.

Aberforth - You've been my biggest supporter and one of my closest friends almost since the day we met. You've stuck with me through the good times and the much more plentiful bad times, and I'm so grateful to have met you.

Alexender and in the hills - My two besties, the three of us have been through a lot of shit together, but there's no one else I'd rather be doing it with. We make a great team. Love you both.

Amaranth - Thank you for being the encouragement I needed to start piecing my life back together. Without our many late night talks, I don't know when I would have found the motivation to learn how to be a human being again. I'm sorry I'm so bad at answering my DMs.

august - One of my most unexpected friend acquisitions of 2022, I'm glad that we started talking beyond just alt checks and tour rules. You're one of the sweetest people on this site and talking with you is always a joy. And thank you for adopting me into your friend group like a weird stray cat when I needed it the most.

Finchinator - Thank you for being patient with me both when I ask you stupid questions about tours stuff and when I just need to talk stuff out. I'm sorry I talk so much ;-; You're an incredibly genuine and kind person, and I count myself lucky to be able to call you a friend.

keys - I honestly can't believe it's only been like six months since we started properly talking. You've quickly become one of my most treasured friends, and you bring so much joy and positivity into my life every time we talk.

phoopes - My RoA buddy! You're a fantastic leader to work under and a fantastic friend to have, not to mention the sheer volume of insane stuff I've learned about your life purely by accident. Much love and this year we'll get the circuits done on time.

shiloh - I'm not sure how we even started talking lol, but I'm really happy that we did. You're an amazing friend. That Houndoom-Goldeen abomination is proof that you should never ever be allowed within fifty miles of the avatar manager though.

TDK - Even though we've known each other for like three months, if that, you've been one of my biggest cheerleaders as I take steps towards recovery, and it genuinely means so much to me that you put up with me and continue to be a kind and supportive friend.

UT - My favorite Smogdad. Thank you for checking up on me to make sure I'm being healthy and listening to me complain about cases. Can't wait for Fletchling's SMod era.

My PS Tours family - Thank you for bearing with me as life continues to happen to me. You're all wonderful people and I'm proud to work with you. Rage Isaiah trace Banbadoro Frixel Daki ChaosLucaro HugeNoobLmao Jordy004 Jadinobambino PrinceOfAllTacos Siegfried Sificon sirmrwhale sundays.n_sundaes Tranquility TheSerotoninVibes Some Thug @goldtodd1 shadowmaster6789 sirDonovan

My friends in PS Upper Staff - You all are some of the most amazing individuals I've ever had the privilege of working with. A lot of the work and effort you put in goes unnoticed and unappreciated, but without you, PS would be nothing. Alexender Alpha Annika Bidoof Princess DaWoblefet HoeenHero ironwater Kennedy Marty UT

My new :worrywhirl: and sandwerk friends - Thank you for accepting me into your friend group and giving me a space to just be a person, I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to get to know so many people I might never have interacted with had my life not taken so many turns. Love you all! - Edgar Star Lily Hootie talah obii TPP teal6 Pohjis Garay oak Tony CrashinBoomBang Pearl McMeghan GMars Vileman bruno btboy (there's like 50 people in these servers I'm really sorry if I missed someone)

The Draft Friends - Thank you for letting me part of something new and amazing. It has been a ton of fun and an absolute pleasure getting to know you guys and work with you while we build the community. Elephant Gang forever. Rissoux Tjb145 SlickPanther Autumnchi Hacker AngularPenny5 abriel BagelJohn Lady Salamence ElevatedGodlynessOfficial TRowePrice667 Zooch Concept Everything vmnunes Golden Warrior Almighty Rye ultraplayer Hazv

And to everyone else who was kind to me, supported me, helped me, and inspired me over these awful months:
autumn Aeonic Siatam Ticken maroon Peary SparksBlade bobochan Kris Merritt Kaede Thor Chloe Shaneghoul Lasen yuki adem Farce Of The Death Fiend Aigis Will Ransei Dratios Queeni Instruct

If you didn't get a shoutout and you should have, I'm sorry, I'm forgetful and there's a lot of amazing people in my life right now :psycry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)