Gen 4 Breloom + Suicune Stack Hazards

SFG

Snom is Fucking Great
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

DPP OU: Breloom +Suicune Stack Hazards

Hello! For my first RMT, I would like to present you a team I made during the last ROAPL, with the useful tips from BKC . It was a simple prep at first, but it's probably one of the team I'm the most proud of, so I decided to keep improve it! I decided to keep it really simple and easy to understand, so feel free to ask if anything surprises you. Without further ado, let's go!

Import

The lead:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 40 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Thunder

I'm usually not a big Jira Lead fan, mainly because it instantly puts you in a really hard situation against Metagross, Heatran or Swampert, but the presence of Suicune and Skarmory in backup makes it really cool to use. You will be able to click SR turn 1 in a lot of situations. Moreover, Jirachi is more than a simple lead and you will need to preserve it if you want to check Lucario, Empoleon, Starmie or Suicune. Speed investment makes Jirachi faster than 252+ Lucario and Roserade, which is definitely mandatory . With 252 HP and 40 Def, Jirachi can take a EQ from CB Dugtrio. I like Thunder here for Empoleon, Suicune and Gyarados, which can be major threats.

The Spikes stacker:

Airmure (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is probably the best Spikes user in my opinion. It provides a ground immunity, and it can check some of Jirachi's threat like Flygon, Metagross, Bronzong... Spikes is an awesome move and the the foundation of the team by supporting Breloom and Suicune to do their job. You can also abuse of Whirlwind to weaken some of their checks, like Zapdos, Dragonite or Jirachi for Breloom or Suicune and Gyarados for Suicune. This is a really basic set, the only notable element is the speed investment which makes you faster than super bulky Breloom (32 EVs).

The bully:

Chapignon (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb

Honestly, Focus Punch Breloom is probably one of the most terrifying sets in DPP, and it's always hard to deal with. Thanks to Spore and Subsitute, you pretty sure you'll be able to click Focus Punch safely. Thanks to Spikes support, it's even more difficult to switch on this destructive Focus Punch. Thanks to it, you'll be able to threat some Pokemon which are problematic for Jirachi, like Swampert, Defensive Rotom, Heatran or Magnezone. Once again it's a super basic set. With 176 EVs in speed, Breloom is able to outspeed 60 BS Pokemon with 252 EVs and a neutral nature: Magnezone, Swampert, Empoleon, and a large majority of Ttar sets. The 4 additional EVs are here for the speed creep.

Keep calm:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

In addition to abusing Spikes, Suicune is a check to some problematic Pokemons, especially Heatran and Infernape. Suicune fits super well with Breloom taking advantage of the weakening of Gyarados, Dragonite or Latias, and it's an awesome wincond. As I said, even if it's a defensive set,switching on Suicune and threatening it while spikes are up is really hard. To not change, it's a basic spread, with an optimized physical bulk.

The big boy

Tyranocif (Tyranitar) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 144 Atk / 56 SpA / 208 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Some Pokemon were really problematic, especially Zapdos and Rotom. Tyranitar can deal with bith of them: it can easily switch on Zapdos and Scarf Rotom and threaten it with Stone Edge and Crunch, and thanks to the speed investment, you'll always outspeed Defensive Rotom. 144 EVs in attack assure you'll always kill it with Crunch + Pursuit, even if it didn't switch. You'll also always outspeed Breloom and kill it if it's an offensive one thanks to SpAtk investment. Finally, trap Latias is always cool for Breloom and Suicune. The rest of the EVs are just here to improve Tyranitar general bulk, which is always useful.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
Speed control is really important in DPP, and Scarf Latias perfectly fulfills this role. Thanks to it, you can deal with some stuff like DD Dragonite, DD Kingdra, Gyarados or Agility Empoleon, which would be extremely threatening without it. Moreover, Healing Wish can gives a second chance to a weakened Pokemon and can reverse a game to our advantage. It's also a fighting resist, which is mandatory in DPP, and a decent check to Infernape, which is really dangerous if Suicune is weakened.

Threatening Pokemon:

Gengar and Infernape are both really hard to switch on. However they don't have a lot of opportunities to switch on the field, so it should be ok.
Suicune can be hard to deal with if you don't get the paralysis with Jirachi. However, Breloom deal with the Mono Attacker, and the offensive one is weakened by Spikes and is threatened by Latias and Jirachi.

That's all for me. Thanks for reading, looking forward your suggestions, and have a nice day!

First off, fantastic team! It reminds me of a successful team that DeepBlueC made last SPL, which he used vs BIHI in week 1. Your team is a similar style, but takes on a more defensively balanced approach, taking tremendous advantage of Spikes by using Pokemon like SubPunch Loom and CroCune to force more switches. I think as is the team works great and is solid for sure, but there are a few very minor changes you can consider.

Besides Infernape and Gengar being threatening, I would say that Breloom is also a threat. When using CroCune, it's always important to try to be as secure vs opposing Breloom as possible. With this in mind, one of the subtle details of DeepBlueC's team is the placement of Chople Berry Dragon Dance Tyranitar to lure fighting types like Infernape and Breloom and also give a nice layer of security vs Gengar; simultaneously DDTar loves Spikes and appreciates + adds to the potential beatdown of Skarmory that currently exists on this team. Pursuit is really useful of course, but perhaps it's not 100% necessary here. Dragon Dance Tyranitar is also nice vs Zapdos regardless. On your team I'd probably use Crunch, Stone Edge, and Fire Punch as the three attacking moves.

Opposing Specially Defensive Skarmory could be irritating, as it can find opportunities to set up Spikes and phaze CroCune out. That's why it may be worth considering Taunt in place of Brave Bird. You can use your Skarmory to deny opposing Skarmory Spikes setup. With the addition of Dragon Dance Tyranitar as well, these two changes make you more secure all around versus Skarmory without losing (in fact gaining) vs Breloom. Be sure to add a desired Speed creep if you decide to make this change.

Well, these two suggestions are all up to preference, as your team in its current form is still great. I'd also consider adding a bit of bulk to Breloom, especially if you take my suggestions, because you will want to be able to switch into RestTalk Rotom more easily and you could even EV for an offensive CM Suicune benchmark. Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)