Breaking and Building

Hello! Welcome! This team is designed around a powerful Altaria/Sawk wallbreaking combo, where Altaria hits physical walls that walls Sawk, and Sawk hits special walls that wall Altaria. It is a balanced team filled with walls and wallbreakers and attempts to use lesser used pokemon to their maximum potential. The team has offensive synergy between Sawk and Altaria and defensive synergy between Camerupt, Mantine and Klang while Kangaskhan provides priority.This time, I will not add a Team building process, mostly because i'm lazy. I may do it later. Anyway, Let us begin!

First Look:

In Depth:

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Camerupt is a amazing underrated threat. With a unique typing and a great defensive ability, Camerupt provides me with a much needed electric immunity and helps lure in water types for Mantine to switch in. It also is neutral/resists the coverage moves that electric types commonly bring. You may ask, why is Will-O-Wisp here? Roar on the standard set has no use for me, and Will-O-Wisp allows me to burn the physical switch in. Flamethrower allows more reliability while Fire Blast has more power.

Mantine @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- Rest

Mantine is seriously one of the better counters to fighting types out there. Unlike Musharna, Mantine completely walls Gurdurr while Gurdurr can hit Mushy with a payback. I use a modified physically defensive Mantine set with Toxic over Sleep Talk and Chesto Berry over Leftovers. The advantage over the RestTalk set is that it is walled less by taunt users and allows me to choose my moves. Heal Bell is needed on my team but I do not know which member to switch it into. Though it is countered by Stone Edge, Mantine is a great underated wall that can easily wall and toxic stall your entire team if you don't carry a electric or rock attack.

ALTARIA USED HYPERBEAM!

Altaria @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse

Altaria is one of my favorite pokemon of all time. Altaria forms 1/2 of my wall breaking core. Though the base 70 seems weak, pair it with some specs and a base 130 attack that is rarely resisted and you have power. With only seven steel types in the tier and even less viable, Altaria can hit the majority of the tier hard, if not straight OHKOing it. Altaria helps with Sawk by removing Physical Walls that wall Sawk. There's not much to say about this set as it is as standard as standard can be.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Sawk forms the other half of my wallbreaking core. Sawk removes Special walls that wall my Altaria and deals with pesky steel types that do appear in teams with a powerful banded Close Combat. Sawk usually cleans up opposing teams because of all that power. Sawk can also OHKO the majority of the tier that is not resisted by fighting. I am thinking of putting Jolly to outspeed opposing Sawks but I miss out on the neccessary 2KOs that Adamant brings.

shh i can't find any other kang gifs so sorry if it seems i copied you

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Kangaskhan brings the much need priority to the team. Kangaskhan also aids with revenge killing for the team. Silk Scarf is chosen over Life Orb for more longevity, which is ironic considering I also chose Double-Edge for more power in exchange for recoil. Kangaskhan is certainly a S Ranked threat as it usually nets atleast one KO each match, if not two. A simple stab Fake-Out with Silk Scarf alone usually finishes off weakened foes.

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Def / 40 SDef / 92 Spd
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I couldn't find a Klang Gif so here's a Klinklang gif instead. Anyway, Klang is the needed Physical Wall for the team, who can set up on many physical threats and sweep on its own. I chose the RestTalk Klang over offensive klang for more bulk. Its quite funny how easy Klang can set up a Shift Gear on many different pokemon and sometimes can even set up 2 or 3. Klang provides defensive synergy with Altaria by taking Rock and Ice attacks while Altaria takes Fire, Ground and sometimes Fighting attacks with ease. Though Klang's initial power is underwhelming, It can easily set up through out the match and heal up when it is weak.

Conclusion:

That is my team! I hope you enjoy the read. I plan to quit NU and try out other metagames so this is my last NU RMT until Gen 6 RMT comes out. Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
This team!! Yay so glad you posted it. It honestly is a pretty solid team, and since I have fought it a bit and helped you make some edits earlier on in it's life, I am quite farmiliar with it. I'm very glad it brings out some of the more underrated NU pokemon for a run including Klang and Altaria. As I have pointed out in the past, the team is absurdly weak to any Fighting type which have a very easy time blitzing through your team with little to no issue. You also have a difficult time with Choice Banded Golurk, who 2HKO's your entire team with no problem as long as it predicts correctly (It actually OHKO's your entire team bar Mantine). Your team is also very Stall weak, as you really don't have much to get past regen cores, and you have difficulty handling Spikes and Stealth Rocks. Toxic Spikes also take a major toll on three of your most important pokemon.

My first suggestion is Defensive Mandibuzz over Mantine. It checks two huge areas of difficulty towards your team. The first is Golurk, and the second Stall. With Mandibuzz in place, you also get more reliable recovery in the form of roost, and yet you can still spread toxic easily well. That being said, you handle cores of Alomomola + Tangela or Audino + Alomomola much better, without wack predictions and your hvaing to constantly switch into the hazards your team really dislikes.

My next suggestion is to forgo Camerupt for Utility Seismitoad. Firstly, it synergizes well with the aforementioned Mandibuzz. I also feel that it is a better switch in to electric types in general, and it is important in getting you the lead advantage. Camerupt is often used less due to it getting a bad start for your team against Golem, Golurk, opposing Seismitoad, etc. The list goes on. Seismitoad however continues to fill in your need for a water absorb mon, but also aids you in getting the better lead, as well as having higher bulk and more speed granting you the advantage in most situations.

I honestly don't feel that Altaria aids the team much..It is a good mon, but I don't see what it offers outside of fighting and ground resists. That being said, these resists are extremely useful to your team, and I don't want to lose offensive momentum for you, so I suggest Nasty Plot Misdreavus, because at the end of the day your team was built around klang, and between NP Missy and CroKlang, little offensive or defensive teams can hold down both bulky setup sweepers, and they have amazing synergy between them.

ILY AND THIS TEAM JON <333 I give u luvdisc ok huny bunny :3

p.s. srry to change 3 pokes but honestly it make team better imo okie luv u.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spd
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature / Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Knock Off

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 40 HP / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

This team!! Yay so glad you posted it. It honestly is a pretty solid team, and since I have fought it a bit and helped you make some edits earlier on in it's life, I am quite farmiliar with it. I'm very glad it brings out some of the more underrated NU pokemon for a run including Klang and Altaria. As I have pointed out in the past, the team is absurdly weak to any Fighting type which have a very easy time blitzing through your team with little to no issue. You also have a difficult time with Choice Banded Golurk, who 2HKO's your entire team with no problem as long as it predicts correctly (It actually OHKO's your entire team bar Mantine). Your team is also very Stall weak, as you really don't have much to get past regen cores, and you have difficulty handling Spikes and Stealth Rocks. Toxic Spikes also take a major toll on three of your most important pokemon.

My first suggestion is Defensive Mandibuzz over Mantine. It checks two huge areas of difficulty towards your team. The first is Golurk, and the second Stall. With Mandibuzz in place, you also get more reliable recovery in the form of roost, and yet you can still spread toxic easily well. That being said, you handle cores of Alomomola + Tangela or Audino + Alomomola much better, without wack predictions and your hvaing to constantly switch into the hazards your team really dislikes.

My next suggestion is to forgo Camerupt for Utility Seismitoad. Firstly, it synergizes well with the aforementioned Mandibuzz. I also feel that it is a better switch in to electric types in general, and it is important in getting you the lead advantage. Camerupt is often used less due to it getting a bad start for your team against Golem, Golurk, opposing Seismitoad, etc. The list goes on. Seismitoad however continues to fill in your need for a water absorb mon, but also aids you in getting the better lead, as well as having higher bulk and more speed granting you the advantage in most situations.

I honestly don't feel that Altaria aids the team much..It is a good mon, but I don't see what it offers outside of fighting and ground resists. That being said, these resists are extremely useful to your team, and I don't want to lose offensive momentum for you, so I suggest Nasty Plot Misdreavus, because at the end of the day your team was built around klang, and between NP Missy and CroKlang, little offensive or defensive teams can hold down both bulky setup sweepers, and they have amazing synergy between them.

ILY AND THIS TEAM JON <333 I give u luvdisc ok huny bunny :3

p.s. srry to change 3 pokes but honestly it make team better imo okie luv u.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spd
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature / Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Knock Off

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 40 HP / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp
Actually, I think you're refering to the Samurott team we teambuilt. I'm not posting that because well, you've already put the most optimal pokemon in the team. Alright. I was expecting the seismitoad change because it was obvious. I will NOT consider Mandibuzz nor Offensive Misdreavus. Misdreavus is easily 2KO'd by Sawk's EQ due to lack of bulk. So I shall keep Altaria, my bby. Because Misdreavus fails to counter the premier fighting type of the tier, I will not choose Mandibuzz. However, to combat stall, I may consider Golbat instead. I will keep Seismitoad in mind, though. Thank you for the rate.

[EDIT] Also, all those typos tho. "your hvaing to " and "I am quite farmiliar with it." js :3

Actually, I think you're refering to the Samurott team we teambuilt. I'm not posting that because well, you've already put the most optimal pokemon in the team. Alright. I was expecting the seismitoad change because it was obvious. I will NOT consider Mandibuzz nor Offensive Misdreavus. Misdreavus is easily 2KO'd by Sawk's EQ due to lack of bulk. So I shall keep Altaria, my bby. Because Misdreavus fails to counter the premier fighting type of the tier, I will not choose Mandibuzz. However, to combat stall, I may consider Golbat instead. I will keep Seismitoad in mind, though. Thank you for the rate.

[EDIT] Also, all those typos tho. "your hvaing to " and "I am quite farmiliar with it." js :3
Lol okiehoney i bring CB Golurk + CB Sawk core next time we fight ok bby gg. Also I know what I'm talking about I gave you a mush on this team remember bby :]]

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This team's structure is actually a lot less sound than it seems, it has the right ideas but I think you're too focused on pure type synergy rather than the actual threats. You're extremely vulnerable to powerful physical attackers like Sawk and Zangoose because your only physically defensive mon is Klang and it gets smashed by their Fighting-type coverage. Your defensive core is also very easy to wear down as every member lacks reliable recovery and are vulnerable to hazards. For both these reasons, I'd suggest Alomomola over Mantine--not only can it pass massive Wishes to your defensive core but its massive physical bulk allows it to pivot in against nearly any physical attacker and scout out their move. Also like Mantine it can still pivot in against stuff like Charizard and Samurott thanks to its Water typing and with Regenerator and no SR weakness it's arguably even better.

Now of course Alomomola can't take on Sawk and Zangoose all by itself, as it gets 2HKOed by both Pokémon's main STABs. You also have a slight weakness to Skuntank as your only answers to it are Sawk and Klang, the former of which can't switch into Poison Jab and the latter is annoyed by Taunt and Aftermath. I would consider Colbur Berry Golurk over Camerupt, as it possesses an extremely useful Fighting- and Normal-type immunity and can lure in Skuntank and OHKO it with Earthquake. Colbur Berry also helps in 1v1 situations vs Zangoose as you can easily live a Night Slash and OHKO after Stealth Rock. Also Golurk still serves as a solid Volt Switch absorber which you'd be pretty weak to otherwise.

Also I agree with Brawlfest that you're pretty weak to stall and Toxic Spikes so you might want to use Roselia over Altaria as it easily remedies the TSpikes weakness while stacking up your own Spikes helps break down stall teams. Roselia also serves as a reliable counter to Alomomola which can be pretty obnoxious to face right now. Additionally, putting Toxic Spikes on your own Roselia really helps out Klang when it's setting up since it can land chip damage on would-be counters like Alomomola and actually beat them rather than just forcing a stalemate.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Protect

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SDef / 56 Spd (to outspeed Jolly Carracosta)
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis / Rest

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)