SV OU Blissey-Dozo-Clod Stall With Crazy Skeledirge Set!

Hi all and Happy New Year! What I have today is a stall team I built and have had quite a bit of success with on the ladder. I don’t have a lot of time to grind and games take so long with stall that I haven’t managed to climb very high. Oh, well. Without further ado, here’s the team:

Donbozo (Dondozo) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Liquidation
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
Doesn’t need much explanation here. Dondozo is a great physical wall that has the amazing ability in unaware to stop setup sweepers cold. It forms a great core with clodsire as well and synergizes excellently with gliscor to wall a lot of the tier’s physical attackers.

Clodsire @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Amnesia
This Clod set is focused on walling special sweepers with amnesia and recover but also doesn’t need to run spikes which means that it can really focus on being every bit as annoying as it can be. With the fourth move slot freed up we are free to run both earthquake and toxic on the same set. Earthquake is great for dealing with gholdengo and is overall a great choice for an attack on clod as not much is immune to toxic and resistant to earthquake. Tera steel is to screw Iron Valiant and general super effective psychic moves thrown at it. I could see running a different tera type though. We can afford to not run spikes as gliscor also has it and that allows us to fully utilise clod as a special wall.

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Soft-Boiled
Blissey is still as massive of a special wall as it always was. It has truly titanic bulk and laughs at pathetic draco meteors from the likes of specs wake and dragapult and proceeds to soft boiled and set up stealth rock. Seismic toss is to deal decent damage and not get shut down by taunt while protect is to scout for any potential physical or super effective moves the opponent could be carrying. Stealth rock synergizes nicely with gliscor's spikes and it is extremely easy to set them as blissey forces a lot of switches. The defense evs are for tanking the stray physical hit and switching out. Blissey also can tank the hits clod can’t, and overall forms an extremely good core with clod and bozo.

Alomomola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Flip Turn
Alomomola is an extremely good support Mon on stall as it synergizes well with clodsire as it can switch to clod when predicting an electric type attack. It has decent bulk and it can wish pass to teammates to greatly ease prediction. It can fish for burns with scald and flip turn is great for pivoting. Protect is a great move for stalling and scouting move sets. It does stack weaknesses with bozo though which leads us to our premier physical wall…

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Earthquake
Gliscor is really good as it is great to set up spikes and is a titanic physical wall. Earthquake is a reliable move to do decent damage while protect combined with toxic is amazing for stalling out opponents when in conjunction with hazards and poison heal. It synergizes well with bozo as it is immune to electric and although it is very weak to ice it has protect to scout for an ice move and we have bozo and blissey to switch into those moves. Tera dragon says screw you to ogerpon and turns gliscor into a literal Great Wall of China for Ogerpon to overcome as it has to deal with toxic, protect AND a resistance to ivy cudgel. It is also a great knock off absorber after using toxic orb which helps the team a lot as it doesn’t have a spinner.

Our last teammate is a bit questionable but is really a meta game play:

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Fire Spin
- Slack Off
- Curse

Hear me out guys. Stall really struggles with iron defense body press zamazenta and corv and this set can easily beat them one on one. In showdown it says that crunch on zamazenta is only a 4HKO at best and we can continuously spam slack off. We just let something die and then either torch song and slack off or use fire spin and trap them to beat them one on one. This is a great check to them with Tera and it can even have utility outside of it. With unaware it is a decent physical wall and it can even spinblock with its secondary ghost typing. Curse is to stop sweepers who get out of hand with fire spin + curse as dirge can normally live a hit. Then switch around and protect. Yes it is a bit gimmicky but when it works it absolutely carries. Hope you enjoyed the team and please rate the team and suggest some changes! Good luck and happy testing!

Last edited:
hey man, few suggestions/questions for ya here.
1. i personally don't think stall struggles with BP sets all that much. Specifically with this team, even when discounting dirge, you have 2 unaware mons, 1 of which is dondozo and one of which resists body press, and it has a gliscor with poison heal, fighting resist, and protect. Also, body press has only 16 pp, which is easy to stall out. Any other reason you have to justify the dirge?
2. Just a few EV optimizations: optimized blissey spread is 4 HP/252 Def/252+ SpD to help live random u-turns and psyshocks. Gliscor has 244 HP/252+ Def/12 SpD to prevent rounding shenanigans. Clod is either 248 HP/92 Def/168+ SpD or 116 HP/148 Def/224+ SpD. I would recommend the second one, as they are similar bulk for living psyshocks and such and gives you less HP so you recover more with wishpass while maintaining the same bulk. Also with mola: nothing is really optimized at this point, but 12 HP/252+ Def/244 SpD acts as a great mixed wall if you find yourself struggling on some special attackers. Physdef looks pretty good on this team tho.
3. Your team is very weak to knock off mons who threaten gliscor. Since you already have a fairy tera skeledirge, a Flying or Steel tera to help as a secondary knock off absorber might help the team out.
4. A few moveset ideas... curse on dirge seems somewhat unnecessary, since you will only ever want to use it if you are terastalizing, leaving it as a dead slot in some games. you will likely get more value out of something like Will-o-Wisp. Also, would recommend Poison Jab over Toxic on Clod, as if a Gloldengo is on a balloon it out pp stalls you if you only have EQ and Toxic.
This team looks really fun tho man, props for fitting THREE unaware pokemon onto a team. Can't wait to try it on ladder

hey man, few suggestions/questions for ya here.
1. i personally don't think stall struggles with BP sets all that much. Specifically with this team, even when discounting dirge, you have 2 unaware mons, 1 of which is dondozo and one of which resists body press, and it has a gliscor with poison heal, fighting resist, and protect. Also, body press has only 16 pp, which is easy to stall out. Any other reason you have to justify the dirge?
2. Just a few EV optimizations: optimized blissey spread is 4 HP/252 Def/252+ SpD to help live random u-turns and psyshocks. Gliscor has 244 HP/252+ Def/12 SpD to prevent rounding shenanigans. Clod is either 248 HP/92 Def/168+ SpD or 116 HP/148 Def/224+ SpD. I would recommend the second one, as they are similar bulk for living psyshocks and such and gives you less HP so you recover more with wishpass while maintaining the same bulk. Also with mola: nothing is really optimized at this point, but 12 HP/252+ Def/244 SpD acts as a great mixed wall if you find yourself struggling on some special attackers. Physdef looks pretty good on this team tho.
3. Your team is very weak to knock off mons who threaten gliscor. Since you already have a fairy tera skeledirge, a Flying or Steel tera to help as a secondary knock off absorber might help the team out.
4. A few moveset ideas... curse on dirge seems somewhat unnecessary, since you will only ever want to use it if you are terastalizing, leaving it as a dead slot in some games. you will likely get more value out of something like Will-o-Wisp. Also, would recommend Poison Jab over Toxic on Clod, as if a Gloldengo is on a balloon it out pp stalls you if you only have EQ and Toxic.
This team looks really fun tho man, props for fitting THREE unaware pokemon onto a team. Can't wait to try it on ladder
lol I only put curse for fun since you fire spin and then curse and then the sweeper instantly dies. As for the blissey set, the only point I run blissey is to tank special hits from stuff like Kyurem and wake, hence no physical evs since I am normally never switching into something with psyshock or uturn. Protect also eases prediction of uturn or the stray psyshock a I think that no defense evs is fine. Also this team very much has a problem with body press corv and zamazenta because they run coverage and the team can’t really do anything to corv without dirge. Zamazenta can just use a different move against dozo and dozo eventually dies during a rest turn. Clodsire can’t really tank stuff from zamazenta and corv since it’s specially defensive and dozo also needs to be saved, which is extremely hard because it is the main wall to physical setup sweepers. Everything else are great suggestions, will def implement them thanks.

lol I only put curse for fun since you fire spin and then curse and then the sweeper instantly dies. As for the blissey set, the only point I run blissey is to tank special hits from stuff like Kyurem and wake, hence no physical evs since I am normally never switching into something with psyshock or uturn. Protect also eases prediction of uturn or the stray psyshock a I think that no defense evs is fine. Also this team very much has a problem with body press corv and zamazenta because they run coverage and the team can’t really do anything to corv without dirge. Zamazenta can just use a different move against dozo and dozo eventually dies during a rest turn. Clodsire can’t really tank stuff from zamazenta and corv since it’s specially defensive and dozo also needs to be saved, which is extremely hard because it is the main wall to physical setup sweepers. Everything else are great suggestions, will def implement them thanks.
Zamazenta Calcs:
+6 252 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 116 HP / 148 Def Unaware Clodsire: 73-87 (16.9 - 20.2%) -- possible 5HKO (never runs max defense)
0 Atk Zamazenta Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 100-118 (19.8 - 23.4%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Zamazenta Crunch vs. 116 HP / 144 Def Clodsire: 83-98 (19.3 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO so clodsire CAN tank stuff from zama
Corv Calcs:
+6 252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 116 HP / 144 Def Unaware Clodsire: 51-60 (11.8 - 13.9%) -- possible 8HKO
+6 252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 101-119 (28.6 - 33.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal
+6 252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 55-65 (10.9 - 12.8%) -- possible 8HKO
0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 76-90 (15 - 17.8%) -- possible 6HKO
Since body press sweepers usually don't run attack, all of of these unaware mons(and gliscor, in corv's case) can switch in on body presses and whatever coverage move is thrown at it and be just fine. Body press PP is then easily stalled, since it only has 16.
As for the blissey set, the only point I run blissey is to tank special hits from stuff like Kyurem and wake, hence no physical evs since I am normally never switching into something with psyshock or uturn. Protect also eases prediction of uturn or the stray psyshock a I think that no defense evs is fine.
ur RMT says max defense blissey lol

Zamazenta Calcs:
+6 252 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 116 HP / 148 Def Unaware Clodsire: 73-87 (16.9 - 20.2%) -- possible 5HKO (never runs max defense)
0 Atk Zamazenta Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 100-118 (19.8 - 23.4%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Zamazenta Crunch vs. 116 HP / 144 Def Clodsire: 83-98 (19.3 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO so clodsire CAN tank stuff from zama
Corv Calcs:
+6 252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 116 HP / 144 Def Unaware Clodsire: 51-60 (11.8 - 13.9%) -- possible 8HKO
+6 252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 101-119 (28.6 - 33.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal
+6 252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Dondozo: 55-65 (10.9 - 12.8%) -- possible 8HKO
0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 76-90 (15 - 17.8%) -- possible 6HKO
Since body press sweepers usually don't run attack, all of of these unaware mons(and gliscor, in corv's case) can switch in on body presses and whatever coverage move is thrown at it and be just fine. Body press PP is then easily stalled, since it only has 16.

ur RMT says max defense blissey lol
Oh hol' up lol. Sorry. Editing the post now lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)