Blissey (CounterBliss)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: could someone please change the title to "Blissey (CounterBliss)"? My bad :S sorry

[SET]
name: CounterBliss
move1: Counter
move2: Wish / Softboiled
move3: Toxic
move4: Protect / Siesmic Toss / Flamethrower
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD

Why this set should be on smogon:

-Takes physical hits well
-is the perfect gyarados counter
-still has that amazing special walling ability
-has hugely powered counters (a counter from a physical attack chipped away 25% of Blissey's HP will do 357 damage)
-is unpredicable and uses the element of surprise
-can heal itself to pull off multiple counters
-isn't outclassed by any other counter user due to it's enormous HP stat and ability to heal status with a mere switch; status can cripple many sashed counter users.
-can scout with protect as well as speed up wish
-looks like an ordinary counterbliss or toxic stall blissey so no one expects it.

evs:

-max physical durablility
-can survive any +1 attacks from gyarados with about 60% HP left (40% for waterfall)
-is still an amazing special wall and takes boosted moves
-can take a focus punch from rest talk snorlax

teammates:

-physical walls
-anything that needs wish support
-weavile, it can kill dragonite that tries to set up on blissey.
-bulky set up sweepers

Blissey doesn't need team support, Blissey is the team support.

counters:

-anything that has taunt
-gengar is immune to toxic and counter, but what's gengar going to do to a blissey (other than the subpunch set)
-something strong physical with fighting STAB
-a set up sweeper that knows I have counter (after I've used it)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you can see, counterbliss is a great set. thanks smogon!

I used this set before, and it works well with a good offensive core, because they can get hurt and need wish. Bulky Set up sweepers like Kingdra work great.

P.S. Gyarados dosen't learn focus punch

I would not call her "the ultimate gyarados counter", because she is set up bait if Gyarados has Taunt. I would remove Protect on the last slot because I dislike using a Pokemon without any real attack, slash Seismic Toss and Flamethrower on slot 4. This set can be good if you predict the Pursuit on Tyranitar / Scizor.

The reason is that it's setup bait for nearly everything. Blissey already has 4 MS syndrome. Counter just means you have even less coverage.

What would Counter even be used for other than Gyarados? All other physical attackers can OHKO Blissey or use it as set up fodder, and there are other methods of beating Blissey other than tossing around Physical attacks (see: Sub + Pain Split Gengar and Toxic Spikes).

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blissey has mad 4MS, and this fails anyway if Blissey has taken some previous damage or if your opponent has Taunt, or if they OHKO you anyway (very likely). IIRC, Blissey has Counter mentioned either in OC or AC, and that's where it should stay.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Counter's fun and stuff, but relying on Counter to beat a Pokemon is just silly. You'll get TONS more mileage using Counter just for some surprise damage instead of trying to plop Counter Blissey as a one-for-one trade for beating your least favorite Pokemon. (Isn't that what Cleffa's for?)

Insert my normal comment about not going out of your way to be "innovative" here.

Oh yeah, I lol'd at the Focus Punch from ResTalk Gyarados.
I meant Snorlax :s

Actually, this has beaten every Gyarados i've faced. Gyarados switches in on something then dragon dances as you switch into Blissey. Fearing thunderwave or losing it's stat boost, it has always attacked me, and boom counter kills it.

Well, I guess the majority of people are right. If this goes on smogon, everyone will know about it and plan accordingly, but this set works very well when I use it and always gets the job done.

thanks!

If you mispredict and use Counter at the wrong time, the opponent will be vary of your trick, and not use weak physical attacks. Instead, they would send in Tyranitar, Scizor, etc. to OHKO right there and then.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Counter is already mentioned in the Optional Comments section of Blissey, and there's where it should stay.

I'm going to lock this topic without waiting for the third QC rejection, as I believe that what was proposed in the OP of this topic does not warrant its own set on-site, and is generally inefficient. However, I appreciate this attempt that you have made to contribute to the site; don't hesitate to try again in the future. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)