Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Thanks!

Little update: I tried two more times, but couldn't reach battle 40. Sloppy play involved, but likely the 91 streak was quite lucky in hindsight.
I have one more idea to try, I don't know if I get to it since it means breeding, but we will see.
Yeah I empathize with that. I’m currently soft-resetting for a decent Beldum in Emerald lol thought I’d make another run at the Battle Dome. One of my favorite facilities from the Emerald Frontier

Okay so I've decided to make a Super Doubles run alongside my singles attempt and have had decent success with the following team:
Team Name: Accelerated Flood

Politoed@Choice Scarf MODEST
Drizzle
EVs: 252 sp att 252 spd 4 hp
Scald/Ice Beam/Surf/Hidden Power(Electric)

LUDICOLO@Absorb Bulb MODEST
Swift Swim
Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam/Rain Dance

KINGDRA@Dragon Gem ADAMANT
Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Att 252 spd 4 hp
Waterfall/Outrage/Substitute/Dragon Dance

Thundurus Therian Form@Focus sash MODEST
Volt Absorb
Psychic/Thunder/Hidden Power(ICE)/Grass Knot

Last edited:
Okay so I've decided to make a Super Doubles run alongside my singles attempt and have had decent success with the following team:
Team Name: Accelerated Flood

Politoad@Choice Scarf MODEST
Drizzle
Scald/Ice Beam/Psychic/Hidden Power(Electric)

LUDICOLO@Life Orb MODEST
Swift Swim
Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam/Protect

KINGDRA@Focus Sash/Dragon Gem ADAMANT
Swift Swim

Thundurus Therian Form@Choice Specs/Focus sash MODEST
Volt Absorb
Elated to report I pulled out an 82 win streak with this team. You may initially think the lack of bulk here is an issue, but the absurd power of STAB-drizzle-Scald is something to behold, especially in a Modest SS Ludicolo holding a Life Orb. Hoping to eventually break the 100 win barrier in doubles. It’s something I’ve yet to achieve in any generation

1589742793832.jpeg

Last edited:
How did you lose?
Abomasnow, think it was 2, took me out rather quickly. Snow warning coupled with Blizzard and a little freeze hax and all it took was Wood Hammer to finish toad off. I’ll see if I can get a pic of this run and provide significant detail on my next.

Elated to report I pulled out an 82 win streak with this team. You may initially think the lack of bulk here is an issue, but the absurd power of STAB-drizzle-Scald is something to behold, especially in a Modest SS Ludicolo holding a Life Orb. Hoping to eventually break the 100 win barrier in doubles. It’s something I’ve yet to achieve in any generation
Blazed my way through the first 28, or rather more accurately scalded. Faced a Suicune, Moltres, Cresselia, and Regice. Interesting “legendary” pairings going on here.

Maybe you could consider Fake Out on Ludiculo? And Raindance on Politoad?
And maybe also Surf on Politoad. However I fear I'm just drawing closer to R Inanimates team haha.

And maybe also Surf on Politoad. However I fear I'm just drawing closer to R Inanimates team haha.
Fake out would be nice on the pineapple but it’s a pre-evolution move so unfortunately that will be impossible. Battle 29 awaits me. Suggestions and modifications were applied couldn’t resist lol.

Drizzle

Swift Swim

Swift Swim

Volt Absorb

Fake out would be nice on the pineapple but it’s a pre-evolution move so unfortunately that will be impossible. Battle 29 awaits me. Suggestions and modifications were applied couldn’t resist lol.

Drizzle

Swift Swim

Swift Swim

Volt Absorb
Lost at 32 vs Ace Trainer Mooi

Abomasnow, Feraligatr, Scrafty, Blastoise

politoed surfs to start,Drizzle is negated by Snow Warning.

surf activates Absorb bulb: feraligatr left with about 5/6 health, Abomasnow about the same

feral DDs Ludi Rain Dances

snow uses Blizzard Crit on Ludicolo and freezes politoed simultaneously

ludicolo left with 6HP toed is at 130 HP

Switch Kingdra in for toad Abomasnow shards and KOs Ludicolo. Misplay

Feraligatr waterfalls King and leaves with 108 HP
Thundurus enters

King subs
Gator uses waterfall on Thun left with 1 HP
THUN KO Gator with thunder
Blizzard knocks out Kings sub thundurus avoids

Toed comes out
Snow shards toad left with 103 HP after crit
Kingdra outrage on blas left with 1/7TH health
Rockslide leaves king with 40 HP and KOs toad after stoises custap berry activates waterfall

Outrage snow to almost no health
Blizzard KOs Kingdra

Thundurus comes out snow KOs with shard

Last edited:
Lost at 32 vs Ace Trainer Mooi

Abomasnow, Feraligatr, Scrafty, Blastoise

politoed surfs to start,Drizzle is negated by Snow Warning.

surf activates Absorb bulb: feraligatr left with about 5/6 health, Abomasnow about the same

feral DDs Ludi Rain Dances

snow uses Blizzard Crit on Ludicolo and freezes politoed simultaneously

ludicolo left with 6HP toed is at 130 HP

Switch Kingdra in for toad Abomasnow shards and KOs Ludicolo. Misplay

Feraligatr waterfalls King and leaves with 108 HP
Thundurus enters

King subs
Gator uses waterfall on Thun left with 1 HP
THUN KO Gator with thunder
Blizzard knocks out Kings sub thundurus avoids

Toed comes out
Snow shards toad left with 103 HP after crit
Kingdra outrage on blas left with 1/7TH health
Rockslide leaves king with 40 HP and KOs toad after stoises custap berry activates waterfall

Outrage snow to almost no health
Blizzard KOs Kingdra

Thundurus comes out snow KOs with shard
Might actually take a look at the Subway pokes move sets and stats during my next run usually play without resources lol

Here's a few pokes I've had in the PC for years. The idea just occurred to me they actually may work well together.

SUBWAY SUPER SINGLES

HEATRAN@Choice Scarf RASH
Lv. 50 Stats 166/110/126/200/113/(194*)
EVs 252 spd 252 sp att
Flash Fire
Explosion/Flamethrower/Dark Pulse/Earth Power

GARCHOMP@Focus Sash JOLLY
Lv. 50 stats 183/182/105/89/105/169
EVs: Max attack, speed
Sand Veil
Earthquake/Outrage/Crunch/Fire Fang

Thundurus Therian Form@Choice SpecsMODEST
Volt Absorb
Psychic/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power(ICE)/Grass Knot

28 wins with this team so far

UPDATE: Currently at 42 wins( 5/15/20)@12:14 AM
US Central time

Last edited:
Looks like a fun team, finding a seemingly viable spot for Heatran, which in doubles for instance is way harder to do.
One tiny note: Crunch on Garchomp is always outpowered by Outrage I think (maybe aside from the rare cases of berries), so you might as well replace that with Swords Dance or Aerial Ace for Evasion.

Edit: Although you seem to have heavy problems with bulky waters, hitting all your Mons hard and stalling them by parts. So maybe you could replace something from your backrow, if you notice such problems.

Last edited:
Looks like a fun team, finding a seemingly viable spot for Heatran, which in doubles for instance is way harder to do.
One tiny note: Crunch on Garchomp is always outpowered by Outrage I think (maybe aside from the rare cases of berries), so you might as well replace that with Swords Dance or Aerial Ace for Evasion.

Edit: Although you seem to have heavy problems with bulky waters, hitting all your Mons hard and stalling them by parts. So maybe you could replace something from your backrow, if you notice such problems.
Yeah that was the whole concept with this team basically just attack at all costs and only switch if absolutely necessary. Wanted this run to be more of a sprint rather than a marathon. Occasionally I feel that setting up to plus 6 whatever with a wall, be it Suicune, Snorlax, Cresselia, Registeel in 4th gen trick teams, Ferrothorn, etc, you’re just asking for one or two critical hits in a row that’ll finish you off.

As for Chomp, replacing Crunch is imperative I knew there was something a little off

Funny how Heatran has a hard time fitting in with doubles. I’d always considered trying to get together a drought team featuring Heatran/ Heat wave/Scarf but I don’t think that’s going to happen. Acquiring a drought Vulpix is impossible now unless I’m mistaken. Wasn’t there some issue with drought teams being much too powerful anyway? Lol

BTW Can’t wait until I face some big ole water pokes perhaps a Slowbro will end my streak this go around.

Do people still play this? If so could someone rate this team? It's basically a Cresselia crippler team, if something threatening leads that could kill cress, I just switch to skarm and whirlwind and then cripple again. After that I sweep with haxorus. If more info is needed, just tell me!

Cresselia @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Flash
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Haxorus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Skarmory (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Protect

Do people still play this? If so could someone rate this team? It's basically a Cresselia crippler team, if something threatening leads that could kill cress, I just switch to skarm and whirlwind and then cripple again. After that I sweep with haxorus. If more info is needed, just tell me!

Cresselia @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Flash
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Haxorus (M) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Skarmory (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Protect
Looks pretty solid. Might switch up Leftovers and Dragon Claw for Focus Sash and Outrage just in case you wind up in a 1vs1. Consider getting rid of protect on Skarmory and replacing it with an attacking move. Options are very limited considering but if you wind up losing both Cress and Haxorus you wouldn’t want Skar matched up against a poke that resists poisoning.

Looks pretty solid. Might switch up Leftovers and Dragon Claw for Focus Sash and Outrage just in case you wind up in a 1vs1. Consider getting rid of protect on Skarmory and replacing it with an attacking move. Options are very limited considering but if you wind up losing both Cress and Haxorus you wouldn’t want Skar matched up against a poke that resists poisoning.
I think I'm just going to make an al out offense team, since I don't really want to wait that long haha

Do you have an idea how to make an offensive team around dragon dance haxorus with the same moveset but replace sub with low kick

Do you have an idea how to make an offensive team around dragon dance haxorus with the same moveset but replace sub with low kick
If you’re going in that direction I’d recommend either two physical sweepers along with a special or
two special sweepers along with a physical. I myself prefer the latter. We all know Haxorus is susceptible to Dragon and ice types including pokes with access to ice type moves ie melon watermons like Walrein, Milotic, Suicune, etc. There are countless Pokemon that have access to Ice Beam in the Subway. Last time I counted there are 42, some the same but with different sets and moves. Scizor would be a good choice for accompanying Haxorus as it is ice resistant and plays well off the dragons Ice weakness and vice versa. Of course you could also consider Metagross, Magnezone, Heatran, Excadrill, etc. For your third poke you could try something like a Timid Gengar with Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunderbolt, and Focus Blast/Energy Ball. Lots of options just tossing stuff out

If you’re going in that direction I’d recommend either two physical sweepers along with a special or
two special sweepers along with a physical. I myself prefer the latter. We all know Haxorus is susceptible to Dragon and ice types including pokes with access to ice type moves ie melon watermons like Walrein, Milotic, Suicune, etc. There are countless Pokemon that have access to Ice Beam in the Subway. Last time I counted there are 42, some the same but with different sets and moves. Scizor would be a good choice for accompanying Haxorus as it is ice resistant and plays well off the dragons Ice weakness and vice versa. Of course you could also consider Metagross, Magnezone, Heatran, Excadrill, etc. For your third poke you could try something like a Timid Gengar with Shadow Ball, Psychic, Thunderbolt, and Focus Blast/Energy Ball. Lots of options just tossing stuff out
Already had a good starmie so I decided to put it on my team and I never used Scizor, but anyway this is the team

Chad (Haxorus) (M) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Earthquake

Umi (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Zhuck (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Let's see how far I get

Already had a good starmie so I decided to put it on my team and I never used Scizor, but anyway this is the team

Chad (Haxorus) (M) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Earthquake

Umi (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Zhuck (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Let's see how far I get
Hope your run is going well. Was going to mention you might have a little more success if you ran Specs on Starmie and swapped out Haxorus's Lum for a Focus Sash if at all possible. I would also suggest having Scizor hold a Lum Berry/Life Orb as you already have Roost. Of course you could run more of a defensive spread and keep the leftovers but I'd recommend running an EV spread more like this if you're going to do so: 252hp / 40 attk / 216 SpD

Last edited:
Hope your run is going well. Was going to mention you might have a little more success if you ran Specs on Starmie and swapped out Haxorus's Lum for a Focus Sash if at all possible. I would also suggest having Scizor hold a Lum Berry/Life Orb as you already have Roost. Of course you could run more of a defensive spread and keep the leftovers but I'd recommend running an EV spread more like this if you're going to do so: 252hp / 40 attk / 216 SpD
What's the spread calculated off for scizor?
And also I haven't started the run since I'm trying to get a perfect scizor, almost there only need a metal coat to evolve him, RNGing him was a pain
I have also never run into a problem someone OHKOing my haxorus so I don't see any use for sash, but I might give my starmie specs since he doesn't lead anyway

What's the spread calculated off for scizor?
And also I haven't started the run since I'm trying to get a perfect scizor, almost there only need a metal coat to evolve him, RNGing him was a pain
I have also never run into a problem someone OHKOing my haxorus so I don't see any use for sash, but I might give my starmie specs since he doesn't lead anyway
Just a defensively geared spread for Scizor. You'll have the ability to set up on a few more pokes. The lower attack is supplemented by the ability to Swords Dance an extra time or maybe two against special attackers due to the increase in SpD. By the way, there are dragons that can KO Haxorus in a pinch ie Garchomp 3, Salamence 3 and 4, as all of them have slightly higher Speed stats. Hopefully you'll have Starmie available or Hax at +1-2 attck and speed if they show up. The sash is more of a safety net against such threats. Good luck and remember to stop play if you get tired! Lol

Last edited:
Lost my streak of 55, here's how I lost

I lead with Haxorus, opponent with vaporeon, switch out to scizor bcs I knew she might have ice beam, Vaporeon uses acid armour 3 times, I use swords dance 3 times, vaporeon uses hydro pump, crits scizor fainted, I switch starmie, starmie uses thunderbolt twice, vaporeon down, opponent sends out kingdra I'm choiced into tb so I do that since I know kingdra will use putrage and my haxorus can't tank that, kingdra down to 55% and gets paralyzed, kingdra uses outrage starmie faints, I switch haxorus, use outrage, kingdra faints, opponent switches in politoed, I use outrage politoed about 20% of health, politoed uses hydro pump boosted with water gem, also crits haxorus faints

stupid crits but gg

I've decided to make a run with an amalgamation of an old crippler team and one of my standard teams. There was a streak I had back in I think 2016 or so where I actually hit 160 in singles, which is my all-time best, but never got around to posting it, and really do not want to simply because it was a Whimsicott, Durant, Dragonite Truant team, which nearly breaks the subway for the most part. It tends to make battles extremely predictable and quite boring.

Anyway, here they are:

Dragonite@Lum Berry ADAMANT
Lv. 50 Stats 192/204/118/97/124/101
EVs: 204hp, 252 attk, 20 def, 28 SpD, 4 spe
IVs: 31/31/31/6/31/31
Multiscale
Dragon Claw/Roost/Fire Punch/Dragon Dance

CRESSELIA@Leftovers BOLD
Psychic/Ice Beam/Calm Mind/Moonlight
Lv. 50 stats 227/81/189/95/150/105

SCIZOR@White Herb ADAMANT
Technician
X-Scissor/Superpower/Bullet Punch/Swords Dance
Lv. 50 stats 164/200/120/67/113/85
EVs: 158hp, 252 attk, 100 SpD
IVs: 29/31/31/31/31/30

Dragonite as a lead will be rather interesting with an 80 base speed stat so we'll see how this plays out.

Last edited:
this is a set I’ve always had fun with because of how little setup there usually is

Jolteon TIMID Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
IVs: 27/23/16/31/18/31
EVs: 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed

Lv. 50 stats: 138/72/72/162/109/200
Flash
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

I wish I had a beneficial hidden power move, but mine is dragon :/ That’s why Flash is there, but I really don’t know any other move that could fill the fourth slot.

Whimsicott CALM Focus sash
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 25/x/31/30/31/27
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def

Lv. 50 stats: 128/137/97/139/134
Giga Drain
Stun Spore
Memento
Taunt

Gyarados JOLLY Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
IVs: 6/31/30/27/31/30
EVs: 88 HP, 248 Attack, 4 Def, 172 Speed

Lv. 50 stats: 169/176/100/70/120/134
Earthquake
Waterfall
Substitute
Dragon Dance

Jolteon and Gyarados work great together because you can easily switch out on ground-attacking opponents. And its weakness to electric makes switch-ins to Jolteon really great because of volt absorb.

I kinda wish I had a Dragonite with Multi Scale, but I don’t have a copy of b2 to get it from... is it worth it to breed a Dragonite with Inner Focus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)