Bisharp

download.png

Dark/Steel type
Base Stats: 65 HP / 125 Atk / 100 Def / 60 SAtk / 70 SDef / 70 Spe (490 total)
Abilities: Defiant / Inner Focus /Pressure
Notable Moves
Iron head
Low kick
Night Slash
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Notable Moves Lost
Knock off
Pros-
Bisharps has been doing what its always doing setting up with swords dance and hitting hard but now it gets new access to one of the best items for a NFE eviolite. With eviolite it can now have an easier time setting up and sweeping.
Bisharp has dark stab which compliments well with its steel typing for fairies
Has Defiant to have pokemon be wary of using defog, strength sap, and sticky web
Cons-
Bisharps typing is a mixed bag, it's typing can save off hydreigon, Iron jugulis, and choice locked gengar and staraptor, unfortunatly these mons usually have coverage that either ohko or dent bisharp.
Bisharp notably relies on sucker punch to hurt faster threats which can lead to mind games with opponents that use substitute like espathra
Bisharp has no way to safely avoid burns which can end it's sweep quick.
Terastalization Potential
Ghost: can be a fun option to avoid an ohko from fighting types and denting them or even ko with the surprise tera.
Dark: Dark tera can be use to deal even more damage with your night slash and sucker punches.
Potential Move set
Edgier than Zoroark @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Hp
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Night Slash
What are your thoughts on one of the edgiest pokemon ever
924.png

Last edited:
There are probably better Tera abusers, but I think Tera Flying on Bisharp could be an interesting option, as you turn weaknesses to Ground and Fighting to an immunity and resistance, respectively. Low Kick is an interesting option over Night Slash to hit opposing Bisharp.

- A con you can list is lack of powerful dark stab. Bisharp's most reliable option is the 70bp night slash...

- The ev spread you suggested is unoptimized. When going for general bulk, you should NEVER split into both defenses UNLESS the base hp is more than twice the base defenses. Try running a calc. The 252hp will always be more tankier than the 128def/128spdef

- speaking of bulk, bisharp could opt for a tanky stealth rock set akin to piloswine. They both even have powerful priority. This set would still be very valued for hyper offense but more flexible to other team archetypes

- A con you can list is lack of powerful dark stab. Bisharp's most reliable option is the 70bp night slash...

- The ev spread you suggested is unoptimized. When going for general bulk, you should NEVER split into both defenses UNLESS the base hp is more than twice the base defenses. Try running a calc. The 252hp will always be more tankier than the 128def/128spdef

- speaking of bulk, bisharp could opt for a tanky stealth rock set akin to piloswine. They both even have powerful priority. This set would still be very valued for hyper offense but more flexible to other team archetypes
Thanks I'll change the ev's also for the tanky rocker set what evs or moves would it run?

Thanks I'll change the ev's also for the tanky rocker set what evs or moves would it run?
I feel like the tanky stealth rock set would just be the exact same set you posted except Swords Dance is just replaced with Stealth Rock. I don't have any specific survivability benchmarks in mind. I did move 56 att evs into spdef but that's really just to turn it into a carbon copy of Piloswine that's just a tiny bit faster and has stronger priority (ik that's a terrible reason so don't try lol)

I guess to differentiate the SR tank and SD sweeper sets more, you could move some HP evs into Speed for the Swords Dance set. Once again, don't know any specific speed stat to creep. Maybe Azumarill's. I feel like the less reliance on sucker punch, the better the sweeper becomes. Blackglasses or Life Orb can still be considered for the SD set too, but I understand the extra bulk for a chance to SD is enormous, so up to you.

Bisharp really struggles in the environment and has taken a hit since the beginning of the generation. Many of the most common pokemon pose big problems to it such as Lucario, Hippowdown and Orthworm. It just isn't powerful enough to break through walls, but it does have very respectable bulk with evolite. Defiant can be a game changer and a big deterrent for defoggers and some intimidate users. It's still a decent pokemon but has its flaws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)