Battle Stadium Bishard + Dragapult Core BSS Team

Hello, I'm new in this community and i hope that you can excuse me if i ever make mistakes writing this post.
Just so that you know, i'm also new in teambuilding so this will be my very first team ever. I've done some research for every ev spread and i hope that you can help me improve my team, every "critique" (I'm French BTW) is welcomed. Thanks for reading this post.

Just like the title says, i wanted to try the Bisharp + Dragapult Core.
Bisharp and Dragapult have a great type synergy, easily covering each other's weaknesses thanks to their typings and STAB Moves.
Dragapult has a high speed stat and access to U-turn allows it to pivot to bisharp when it encouters a check.

Since special dragapult dislikes the likes of mimikyu and togekiss, i went for an anti togekiss moveset for bisharp.

The team :

bisharp.png

Bisharp @ Occa Berry
Ability: Defiant
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Throat Chop
- Sucker Punch

the set is very straight forward, bisharp needs to be as bulky as possible, Iron Head is there to handle togekiss, mimikyu or any rock pockemon.
and this is where the magic happens, since every togekiss plays with flamethrower or fireblast, the occa berry let bisharp survive
even after a nasty plot giving you the chance to ohko togekiss.

Maybe i should change Throat Chop to Brick Break to break walls ?

dragapult.png

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Dragapult is one of my favorite pokemons, and the reason is clear ! high speed, high Sp. Atk makes it a dangerous beast.
Draco Meteor and Shadow Ball are excellent STAB moves, Fire Blast is there to handle steel-types and obviously U-turn
if it encounters a check.
Inflitrator is the go to ability here, to counter subs, whimsicott leads for example.

mow.png

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Why Mow ? Well, Dragapult's set has some trouble dealing with special bulky pokemons like Gastrodon.
Mow is great check for them. Not only it counters them but it gives a nice Volt/Turn core with Dragapult.

milotic.png

Milotic @ Flame Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Haze
- Recover

With 2 Ice weaknesses, Galarian Darmanitan is a huge threat. Milotic comes here as a great physicall and speciall wall.
Walling the likes of G-Darm and Cinderance who is run practically in every team.
Icy Wind provides speed control and reasonable complementary coverage alongside Scald.
Haze allows Milotic to reset setup sweepers.

sylveon.png

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Psychock
- Calm Mind

This set aims to hit hard with Sylveon's Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voices and check Dragapult, Hydreigon and Tyranitar.
The evs spread also allows Sylveon to survive a Dynamaxed Dragapult's Max Steelspike almost every time.
Mystical Fire is there to hit steel/grass types
Psychock for any poison mon there, Toxapex for example since it can wall it pretty well.

cinderace.png

Cinderace-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bounce

And finally but not least, Cinderace !
I wanted a Gmax Dynamx abuser that can just sweep late game or lead sweep.
The set is classic, Took Zen Headbutt for toxapex again, don't know if it's redundant but it does the work.

So that's it. My goal is just to improve the team and grind my way up to master ball tier.
thank you for reading this ! can't wait to have your insights :)

This team looks quite good, your descriptions are well written and I think your team is quite well made for being new. Perhaps cinder ace should have heavy duty boots as otherwise it can be taken down with spike sets, maybe replace a move, preferably bounce with court change, but otherwise its really good to me.

Thank you ! much appreciated :)
I thought about going with a court change cinderance, but the life orb max airstream is way too good i think !
I'll try and will tell you if it went well with court change and heavy duty boots.

Heavy Duty Boots are a bit of an oddity in BSS w/ SR being fairly rare. I think you get more out of LO you have right now.

Put 4 EVs in Dragapult on the other defense for P2's Download, and maybe talk about the 2 ev spreads that aren't 252/252 since they are special.

EDIT: Zen Headbutt on Cinderace still seems weird to me, and only 11% run it. It's lower BP than other moves Cinderace uses, but still there's that nasty miss chance. I think for Toxapex Psychic over shock on Sylveon makes sense, and/or T-bolt over a -atk U-turn on Dragapult. Cinderace could then have U-Turn.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)