Survivor (Big) Survivor: Starhome

It’s morning on Starhome, the seat of power for all human satellite colonies in the solar system. Two suns each trace a side of the Parliament Skybreaker, towering above a jungle of rust-red highrises battered nightly by duststorms and frost. A video wall nearby shows a newscaster overwhelmed by headlines: “Starhome’s food supplies critical, Chief Executive Hayes vows to hold the United Nations of Earth accountable.” The newscaster’s turquoise suit matches the color of the sky.

It’s hard to ignore the impact of the diplomatic crisis between Earth and her 7 increasingly rebellious colonies. Earth supplies the terraformed planets with food, talent, and technology, and in return the colonies distribute and manage amongst themselves billions of hungry mouths and shivering bodies. Shipments from Earth of supplies and displaced people arrive on Starhome, before they are distributed among the planets farther away in the galaxy. Representatives from each planet meet in Parliament, to fight for more seeds, more builder drones, more aquifers. Earth always sends too many people and not enough supplies. Threats of turning people back are met with threats of withholding food. Nothing is ever enough.

You left your colony years ago, to come work in an unglamorous department of Starhome’s government, led by Chief Executive Hayes. Hayes, an exhausted and browbeaten bookkeeper, was installed to govern Starhome decades ago. In his newest budget, departments such as yours will be downsized considerably. You plan to run for election to Parliament, as someone to represent your home planet who knows how to manage the politics of this cash-strapped planet. That will never happen, of course, if you’re fired from your current job. You dream of power and to sit on the highest floor in the Parliament Skybreaker. But for the time being, your goal is the same as that of your home world: survive.

starhome.png

Welcome, traveler, to Starhome.

This year, once again, we plan to find the undisputed best survivor player on Smogon. This is an 80 player survivor game that will finish in just under 3 months. You'll navigate twists familiar and unfamiliar, and find advantages and idols. You will form and break alliances, and hopefully make a few friends along the way as well. Over the course of the next three months, one player will outlast 79 other highly capable and talented competitors. That player will be crowned with the unique sitewide banner of SOLE SURVIVOR.

Survivor: Starhome will have more twists than is standard in a Survivor game in the initial stages. We have taken every effort to make sure that twists will advantage adaptable players with strong challenge and social games. For those who have played in my games before, I would characterize this game as 20% stupid survivor, 80% bigvivor. Due to the unique nature of this game, we encourage players who already have some Survivor experience to apply.

This game will be first-come, first-serve. You may sign up in thread, or by DM'ing me on Discord. The game will start on October 22nd.

Join the discord: https://discord.gg/4X25crttHM

Who should apply?
You should be mature, and be reachable on discord frequently each day, or be willing to make plans if you need to go AFK. We'll be operating on very strict 24 hour deadlines. As much as I'd love to give room for flexibility, the size of the game restricts our timeframe considerably

How long will this last?
It depends on how the game goes, but it should be sometime in early January.

What should I expect from a 80p survivor game?
You should expect standard mechanics (tribal and individual challenges/immunity). We have gone to great lengths to ensure that at every stage in the game, you feel like you are playing in a regular Survivor game. We will not put you in tribes any larger than you would find on the show or on any other standard Survivor games. I encourage you to think of this as a game that differs in length, rather than in playercount.

Twists will be more uncommon as the player count reduces to a size that is standard for a Survivor game.

When will deadlines be?
5pm PST. Occasionally (not often), we will ask that you be online during 5pm PST in order to do live challenges. It will never be necessary, though it may advantage your game if you're able to be online at that time.

What kind of challenges do you design?
Every challenge in this game is something that I would be willing to play if there was nothing at all at stake. I enjoy challenges that involve puzzles, teamwork, creativity, and strategy. You can look through Circus Survivor 4 or Stupid Survivor to get a sense of what I consider good challenges. Notably, I can promise you that you will not be asked to play Flappy Bird, nor count to 1 million by hand.

How do applications work?
Our applications are first come first serve, so long as you meet the loose criteria set above. We will advertise to broader and broader audiences as we get closer to deadline, up until the moment where we fill up on all 80 slots.

What will the banner look like?
It will read "Sole Survivor" in the same color as the other Circus Maximus banners. Unlike banners given out for Mafia or Puzzle Hunts, only one user on the entire site will be able to wear this banner: you.

I have another question!
DM me on discord! You can find me in the circus maximus or the general smogon discords, or you can shoot me a friend request at Hal#5894

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)