Battle Stadium Big Changes, Drifblim Stays

This is a team based around Drifblim, which is nearly unheard of in this meta. I think I have seen 2, but it could be only 1 other. Every other mon has changed, either completely or a little, but I'm determined to keep Drifblim. I maintain that it plays highly similar to Corsola-g despite me never having used Corsola-g. However, Drifblim can benefit from a livable Knock Off rather than being crippled, and the speed makes it much more interesting to me.

1624472173173.png

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

Still here even though other things have changed a lot. Good vs. a lot of physical attackers. Very notably Rillabloom, Rhyperior, Metagross, and Kartana. Sometimes vs. Landog and Excadrill, and it can even stop Cinderace on occasion. Not much use vs. special attackers, but I have noticed it beats Lele and Corsola-g. Otherwise I need to Destiny Bond them. Unburden has been a huge help, w/ just 12 EVs and a +Spe nature I outspeed up to +1 Adamant Urshifu, and it's not hard to activate w/ Sitrus. Zapdos is a huge pain though, since it probably Dynamaxes to avoid Destiny Bond. More than once in my few games last season it has been good vs. TTar despite weakness to both its STABs. I've seen some interesting times this actually works Dynamaxed, though that's not its role ofc. But 2 Max Guards on either side of a Max Phantasm can be really good to waste their Dynamax, and the max bulk helps live hits I otherwise couldn't, to return to normal unburdened.

1624472357846.png

Mimikyu @ Kee Berry
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 148 HP / 244 Atk / 108 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance

Just the set from the StratDex. I'm least sure of this one, it hasn't been overly helpful despite being Mimikyu. Drain Punch is for P2, I'm more vulnerable to it now that Landog is not WP for the item. Usual EVs and Kee to take advantage of Disguise since it can't use a sash anymore. I'm weak to Cloyster, Cinderace(stupid Max Darkness,) opposing Mimikyu, and Dracovish. This only maybe deals w/ the last and the 1st 2 are basically true counters to it so imo this needs to go. Suggestions for reolacement highly appreaciated.

EDIT: Per a suggestion on an old RMT, this has been replaced w/:

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 172 HP / 12 Atk / 44 Def / 212 SpD / 68 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Rock Blast

Has some utility vs. what I'm weak to, w/o making me bad vs. Zapdos like Pex did and that's the key thing.

1624472497203.png

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Trick
- Moonblast

This has been pretty good, it can get some damage on Zapdos at least, unlike other Fini. Trick has messed up some stuff, like Ferro, Celesteela, and even a mirror where I got Lefties and put those on P2 lol. I've been moderately successful predicting switches w/ Trick. Biggest issue here is for sure Lapras, it Dynamaxes and isn't even that crippled by Trick if it doesn't, and it has SE coverage on any set it should be running. Moonblast SpA drops are also really good. Surf over Scald is a recent change for Cinderace, though it seems significant to not burn DNite, Gyaradaos, and other physical flyers.

1624472666014.png

Heatran @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 100 SpA
Modest Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Steel Beam
- Magma Storm

A very new mon to the team, suggested by dd777 along w/ the Nihilego set(was using a Meteor Beam one.) This seems a bit farfetch'd but I did want to use Iron Defense Heatran for a while. It has balanced defenses so it shouldn't necessarily be limited to SpD, though Landog and Urshifu are trouble. This beats P2 well which is always appreciated. WP beats Cinderace w/ Steelspike, since it'll Max Knuckle. My only experiences w/ it I recall are Iron Defensing on an Azumarill switch-in, where I won w/ Steelspike twice, and ohkoing a Landog that switched in(was +2.)

1624472856631.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 100 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

EVs mainly live Specs Fini Ice Beam Dynamaxed and Nihilego Meteor Beam not Dynamaxed most of the time(or like 50%.) It has a chance vs. Dracovish as Dynamax too. Takes Surging Strikes and aqua Jet too. Also 2 Flash Cannons from Magnezone. It's been fast enough that I've seen, although more power would be nice. I miss WP, but for now I trust it's better put to use on Heatran and Lum helps w/ Hippo and rare burns. Stone Edge for Zapdos, you for sure can't have enough stuff for Zapdos. Also I've learned it's major for Moltres-K which I was weak to. This has probably been the main mon I feel safe bringing any time.

1624472976011.png

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 176 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave

A very unusual set as all Nihilego are Power Herb. Usual EVs to get the Spe boost on kills, I'm not sure what teams better use a SpA booster. Maybe none. Power Gem since Meteor Beam is not good w/o Herb. Grass Knot for coverage and Thunder Wave to cripple some things when no attack is better. Very vulnerable to Magnezone and things like Excadrill but that's Nihilego. A good teammate for Drifblim imo, w/ it's special bulk. I'm much more physically bulky w/ this team so this and Landog(Evs plus Quake,) have to do a lot.

So that's the new team for now anyways. Pretty weak to Jolly Scarf Urshifu RS since Drifblim can't outspeed it. I've had trouble w/ Dracovish and ofc there are 2 4x ground weaks...and Landog messes up mirrors by switching in so I'm weak-ish to it. Mainly looking for feedback on the Heatran(was Cinderace) and Nihilego set. Zapdos is always a threat. My Nihilego should beat it but is of lesser value than the other set vs. Zaodos. Heatran is not AV so most likely would not beat it, much less switch in. Also, as it's phys. Def. Heatran and I have no fire weakness, could it run Flame Body to any degree of success? I know this is highly discouraged normally cause fire would be a neutrality. I'd been losing a lot and I finally went past even w/ this team, 4 to 3(new season,) so it must be ok. However I pretty much auto-lose to Lapras or Glastrier...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)