Project BH Secret Santa 2022

BH Secret Santa
Approved by UT and drampa's grandpa
Copied from 2019
The BH Secret Santa will work like standard Secret Santas, where you anonymously give and receive a gift. However, instead of gifts, you will request a BH team built around a certain Pokemon or core that you choose. If you are interested and would like to participate, PM me on Smogon (not on anywhere else such as Discord or PS) and describe what core you would like someone to build around for you. Once the signup deadline has been reached, I will PM you back describing the core someone else has requested that you'll need to build around. When you're finished, you will PM me back the team and I will send it to the receiver.
Rules
  • Sign-up by posting "In" in this thread and send me a request via PM here on the Smogon Forums. I will send you the request for you in the same PM, and you will send me your team also in the same PM.
  • Submissions shouldn't be overly memey, and if you are submitting a core remember that a core is made up of 2-3 Pokemon. You can also request one specific Pokemon, or even ask for a specific playstyle (e.g. Stall featuring [Pokemon]). You can also provide a brief description on what the Pokemon or core does. If you want, you can ask for an open team.
  • You can specify in either the sign-up post or the request PM if you are ok with the team being publicly posted or not.
  • Don't tell anyone what request you have received nor what you have given until the team submission deadline.
  • You may send or edit your request at any time, until request signups are over. Once the sign-up deadline is reached, you will no longer be able to edit it. However, please try to minimize the editing, as I may miss your edit and end up sending the old request.
  • DO NOT sign up if you cannot guarantee you can finish the team in time.
  • Please finish the team before the team submission deadline.
  • Teams should be submitted through a pokepaste with an optional title and a team description to provide some details about the team and how to use it. Note to not include your name in the pokepaste.
  • If there are major meta shifts during the teambuilding period that affected your request (e.g. your request contains a banned mon or its viability was significantly changed) you should PM me a new request asap. If the effect on a set is minor then as a teambuilder keep that in mind and potentially change the set.
  • Teams will be posted on December 25th.
Sign-ups and Request Deadline: Wednesday December 14th, 11:59 PM, GMT -8 (PST)

Team Submission Deadline: Saturday December 24th, 11:59 PM, GMT -8 (PST)

Last edited:
The 2022 BH Secret Santa has concluded! Thanks to all of the 16 participants for making this happen. I have sent out the teams and will give it a few days before probably posting all the teams here (before suspect test ends). Participants can also share the team they received and discuss if they wish.
Happy holidays everyone.

Big Triple Post
Here are all the teams created for the 2022 BHSS. Happy New Year.
1672548097190.png
[ SIX BLACK HEAVENS GUNS ] / ParaSpam + ElecSpam
Elecceus is gonna be your premier cleaner. Make sure to not boost it too much, or else it might 2HKO Giratina with PBlades -> Hazed PBlades. Zacian and Miraidon are there to break walls, and Miraidon can give Elecceus's Volt Tackles immediate power without needing to set up first. I went with physical Elecceus because I didn't enjoy the low power provided by Earth Power in comparison to Precipice Blades, and Volt Tackle's recoil isn't too big of a problem with Poison Heal. Giratina is gonna be handling most of the big setup stuff that's specializing for Dondozo, while Dialga can cripple any special attackers with Nuzzle. Heatran's EVs are so it can be as slow as possible while still outspeeding paralyzed Jolly Zacian. Covert Cloak may be good over Leftovers on Heatran, but it comes down to personal preference.
Improof chart:
:zacian-crowned: - Selfproofs with Tera Fire, improofed by Heatran
:arceus: - Improofed by Giratina if it doesn't get too many boosts, selfproofs with Tera Grass
:miraidon: - Improofed by Dialga-O
:giratina: - Improofed by doing nothing to itself
:dialga: - Improofed by Elecceus and Heatran
:heatran: - Improofed by Giratina
1672548111437.png
1672548124420.png
The team was built around Regenerator Gholdengo with the idea to spinblock both mortal spin, and rapid spin. A key difficulty to building with Gholdengo is that it must switch into these pokemon many times, throughout the course of a match. While abilities like fur coat, ice scales, or earth eater would be quite strong, I found that the necessity to heal, and 8 pp of recovery moves really hurt it to do what it wanted to do. Additionally, many of the pokemon which carry moves such as Mortal Spin or Rapid Spin are regenvestors, so it would be taking consistent damage from moves such as Ceaseless Edge and Knock off. That's why I have regenerator here. However, I did find that Earth Eater was very strong at times as well. It would have the same moveset, except U-turn would be replaced with recover. Alternatively as well, on the original team, Court Change would be a very strong move on it, in replacement to Spikes or U-turn but I was worried of imposter coming in on it quite easily and making things difficult. I once again, leave this option to the user.

I then added Toxic Orb imposter to beat poison heal users, as that is one of the hardest things for stall to deal with. I added Poison Heal Arceus-Fairy because it's an extremely strong spinner, and late game wincon, along with being able to switch into a myriad of physical attackers, and Strength Sap them before being able to 2hko it. Also conveniently, it is perfectly improofed by Gholdengo. I added Wo-Chien because its typing has great synergy with Gholdengo. It is able to resist Ground and Ghost moves, and is also a strong Miraidon switch in. Dondozo is self explanatory, as a necessary physically defensive fur coat pokemon, and Goodra-Hisui on the specially defensive side as well.

In test games, the team was able to perform quite well. The only thing which worries me, which I couldn't find a solution for was that the team is instantly loses to normalize. My small solutions to this would be to either swap Gholdengo (unfortunately) or Goodra-Hisui to an Ice Scales pokemon with ability shield. Also, if we give Goodra-Hisui Revelation Dance it will be able to beat normalize Flutter Mane, but not normalize Arceus-Ghost.

I hope you enjoy the team, it was fun and difficult to build. While I won't say it's optimized, I think it is still quite consistent, and there are still a ton of improvements that can be made.
1672548138201.png
1672548153237.png
1672548164266.png
1672548175293.png
1672548184679.png
1672548196798.png
1672548221620.png
- best way to play the team is to force imposter to kill etern with roar of time, letting groudon remove it, at which point you can abuse no-imposter palkia and arc-ghost. regen goodra gets pretty annoying so in these instances it's easiest to throw dragon energies at it until it's in etern range, at which point you either take goodra or bring in imp.
1672548234286.png
1672548244828.png
1672548260272.png
1672548269365.png
1672548285624.png
double ph is broke. basically with koraidon's spikes and knock support you can help ursaluna break through its checks. gag zacian is the other guy and helps remove spikes while not getting owned by wisp. ghostceus is a great spinblocker that can spread burns and check physical ph mons. giratina is the other spinblocker that doesnt get owned by ph taunt. scarf regen zzc is a pretty funny tech that can surprise walls/ph/normalize guys with trick. you might want glance over gigaton to hit miraidon.
1672548295322.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)