BH Plus

MAMP

MAMP!
This is pretty untrue as you can still use fur coat, as well as a different weather yourself. Many people are already using primoridial arceus grass againt np groudon.
252+ Atk Choice Band Flower Gift Primal Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina in Sun: 147-174 (29.2 - 34.5%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Flower Gift Primal Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Giratina in Sun: 161-190 (32 - 37.7%)
Let's at least give these things a chance instead of going for bans right away. If any decision needs to actually be made, it should be the arc clause (which can actually be called the "god clause" heh)

Also though flower gift is one of my favorite abilities, I think we should set a clear demarcation on how far back we should go to get mechanics otherwise theoretically, there is no real reasoning not to go back to gen 1 or 2 for some mechanic either
requiring people to run both primsea grassceus and fc tina seems a bit centralising dont you think?

This is pretty untrue as you can still use fur coat, as well as a different weather yourself. Many people are already using primoridial arceus grass againt np groudon.
252+ Atk Choice Band Flower Gift Primal Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina in Sun: 147-174 (29.2 - 34.5%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Flower Gift Primal Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Giratina in Sun: 161-190 (32 - 37.7%)
Let's at least give these things a chance instead of going for bans right away. If any decision needs to actually be made, it should be the arc clause (which can actually be called the "god clause" heh)

Also though flower gift is one of my favorite abilities, I think we should set a clear demarcation on how far back we should go to get mechanics otherwise theoretically, there is no real reasoning not to go back to gen 1 or 2 for some mechanic either
You didn't calc v-create in Sun, which knocks the fuck out of Giratina. So changing the weather could be literally the only chance you have of beating Groudon.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You didn't calc v-create in Sun, which knocks the fuck out of Giratina. So changing the weather could be literally the only chance you have of beating Groudon.
?

252+ Atk Choice Band Flower Gift Primal Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina in Sun: 220-259 (43.7 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(220, 223, 225, 228, 231, 233, 236, 238, 241, 244, 246, 249, 252, 254, 257, 259)

And Don going to -1 with band means you can heal right away. That's why I didn't include it, not cause I was trying to show an incomplete picture or something.

Sure it's strong but pretty similar to tinted damage and hardly "knock the fuck out" category.

?

252+ Atk Choice Band Flower Gift Primal Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina in Sun: 220-259 (43.7 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(220, 223, 225, 228, 231, 233, 236, 238, 241, 244, 246, 249, 252, 254, 257, 259)

And Don going to -1 with band means you can heal right away. That's why I didn't include it, not cause I was trying to show an incomplete picture or something.

Sure it's strong but pretty similar to tinted damage and hardly "knock the fuck out" category.
Erm it's a potential 2hko on a Fur Coat mon from a physical attack. And Heaven forbid you switch in on Stealth Rock. And if you run min speed on Tina then -1 isn't that relevant.

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It isn't much of an ask for giratina to outspeed a max value of 186. In any case you said almost no checks and counters so I gave you a hard counter and a check, both of which are not uncommon already even in the fledgling meta.
And you can still just use different weathers, it doesn't even necessarily have to be primo or arc grass. Almost every team so far in bh+ has been rain or sand based. I mean, if you want to talk about relevance, you're not going to come up against a sun team very often (no one besides me was even considering making one) much less one with flower gift AND band, when there's more efficient ways to nuke.

But yeah don't bring it back then I guess.

Last edited:
Gen 2 mechanic: Species-exclusive items retain their function if its holder transforms into a different species. Consequently, transforming into such a species does not allow you to utilize the species exclusive item (e.g. Pikachu transforming into Mega Rayquaza lets it retain Light Ball's effect of doubling its attack stats, while Mega Quaza does not get Light Ball boosts for transforming into Pikachu). Hyperspace Fury still remains unusable by Pokémon transforming into Hoopa-U.

Gen 2 mechanic: Species-exclusive items retain their function if its holder transforms into a different species. Consequently, transforming into such a species does not allow you to utilize the species exclusive item (e.g. Pikachu transforming into Mega Rayquaza lets it retain Light Ball's effect of doubling its attack stats, while Mega Quaza does not get Light Ball boosts for transforming into Pikachu). Hyperspace Fury still remains unusable by Pokémon transforming into Hoopa-U.
That's how it works in Gen 6 too...
Edit: Except for Ditto's powders, those are hard coded to only work on non-transformed Dittos

Since this thread got revived, I should post a post a set to commemorate it.
Rayquaza-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Nature Power
- Dragon Ascent

A physical take on the prankster tail glow Rayquaza set. +1 Priority Earthquake will do a lot of damage to bulky steels that resist Dragon Ascent.
+2 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Registeel: 390-460 (107.4 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 302-356 (93.2 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Spore allows Rayquaza to get a free Swords Dance, besides the opponent getting a first turn wake with a Extreme Speed. And after a swords dance, everything not sashed or Giratina usually dies in one hit.

And also, when the OP says No EV limit, does that mean you can have 252/252/252/252/252/252 evs?

Remember that any sort of change can be suggested here - even BST changes! With that in mind, I think that Azumarill, Diggersby, Mawile, and Medicham all have refunds due.

Azumarill: 100/150/100/80/100/80 (BST 610)
Diggersby: 85/160/85/85/85/110 (BST 610)
Mawile: 105/170/125/65/95/50 (BST 610)
Medicham: 70/200/80/80/80/100 (BST 610)

And also, when the OP says No EV limit, does that mean you can have 252/252/252/252/252/252 evs?
Yes.

Remember that any sort of change can be suggested here - even BST changes! With that in mind, I think that Azumarill, Diggersby, Mawile, and Medicham all have refunds due.

Azumarill: 100/150/100/80/100/80 (BST 610)
Diggersby: 85/160/85/85/85/110 (BST 610)
Mawile: 105/170/125/65/95/50 (BST 610)
Medicham: 70/200/80/80/80/100 (BST 610)
I think you need to read the first post. The policy of this pet mod is changes in mechanics; specifically, based on mechanics that have changed between generations.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
arceus formes are an exception to this rule iirc(dont remember a gen that actually allowed this without misinformation), but most of us are thinking of reverting it back anyways, simply because arceus is just so good. it can basically do almost every role as efficiently as a pokemon of the same type. tho i personally think a 2 arc limit should be implimented instead...dont get rid of my bulky arc-steel and PH arc dark pls

arceus formes are an exception to this rule iirc(dont remember a gen that actually allowed this without misinformation), but most of us are thinking of reverting it back anyways, simply because arceus is just so good. it can basically do almost every role as efficiently as a pokemon of the same type. tho i personally think a 2 arc limit should be implimented instead...dont get rid of my bulky arc-steel and PH arc dark pls
Wouldn't having a feature that never actually existed in game kinda ruin the premise of the metagame?

ayyyyy prankster landorus-therian back as the beast as it was in gen 5:
Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Nature Power
- Bolt Strike
- Swords Dance

Since Steel resists Dark in this like it did like in previous gens, I recommend making it resist Ghost as well, as it was the other resist that got removed from Steel when Gen 6 came out

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Wouldn't having a feature that never actually existed in game kinda ruin the premise of the metagame?
No, as this is technically "best parts of bh through time" and while it was short, and not official, it was still an aspect used in bh at one time. and nowhere does it say that it follows accurate bh cart mechanics.

in fact, this very notion is mentioned in the text here:
Balanced Hackmons has also strived to be very based in the mechanics of Pokemon, and as such, changing mechanics / information about mechanics has changed the tier much over time. Because of this, many prominent BH players and myself got together, and voted on what we decided the best parts of the metagame over time.
information about mechanics implys that even stuff that wasnt officially in the game is "Fair play" as long as its actually happened at one time.
of course its the sole exception due to most misinformation bh has done HAS existed at one time or another in a bh regardless, but its still fair play. and this meta isnt like bh, which sticks to "in game mechanics" as a focal point, it sticks to bh mechanics as a whole.

What about Unaware / Mold Breaker interactions? Would it be considered best for Unaware to ignore Mold Breaker like it used to or for Mold Breaker to bypass like it does now?

What about Unaware / Mold Breaker interactions? Would it be considered best for Unaware to ignore Mold Breaker like it used to or for Mold Breaker to bypass like it does now?
I'm personally a fan of Mold Breaker bypassing Unaware still, as the metagame would be stupid with everything just going with Unaware as a defensive ability. If we leave the interaction as is, Mold Breaker has a use, Unaware has a use, but both face competition from other abilities.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
BH+ is soon to be playable, after someone rewrites the code.

Edit: Not yet but they soon will be.

Last edited:

XpRienzo

Would I lie to you?
I did implement the code, but apparently team validator was crashing.

Edit: It seems that the code might require a rewrite because the current team validator doesn't support some functions used in it. I might work this around by using a version of team validator back from the time it was coded. Idk if it will work though.

Edit2: One of the required node modules for the old version of Team Validator isn't available anymore, so code rewrite is the only option.

Last edited:
BH+ Is now currently playable at http://piccolo.psim.us/ because after a long time, that server is back up!

You can't ladder (due to the server not being updated) but you can still challenge people to it. Also, for newer servers that are updated, the entire code of the metagame would have to be redone, or at least the part that validates what teams can be used.
Wait lol I didn't even know I fixed my server lmao, I turned it back on to host my website and I tried connecting to my showdown server and it didn't load but I didn't have time to troubleshoot. I'll update it this weekend hopefully

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)