Best pokemon to prepare for the 7 star charizard?

Sylveon @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Beam
- Fake Tears
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

I run this set with randoms and it's funny af. CM a couple times at the start of the battle, Draining Kiss for health back, Fake Tears to -6 SpDef, then Hyper Beam to heavily dent the non-dragon dragon. You can use this set with Choice Specs instead with a group giving you 3 Helping Hand boosts, Fake Tears support, and then yourself going for Offense cheers, to basically one-shot it with Hyper Beam by turn 3.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Misty Terrain
- Fake Tears
- Spirit Break

Grimmsnarl is also hella brainless when playing with randoms. Light Screen for obv reasons but the main crux of this set is Misty Terrain blocking Fire Blast burns for your Azus (and yourself), Hurricane confusions, and having your non-Fairy teammates take less damage from Dragon moves. Fake Tears when alongside Sylveons, and then Spirit Break continuously to just bully Charizard.

Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Fake Tears
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

I run this set with randoms and it's funny af. CM a couple times at the start of the battle, Draining Kiss for health back, Fake Tears to -6 SpDef, then Hyper Beam to heavily dent the non-dragon dragon. You can use this set with Choice Specs instead with a group giving you 3 Helping Hand boosts, Fake Tears support, and then yourself going for Offense cheers, to basically one-shot it with Hyper Beam by turn 3.
The problem I have with this set (which I have seen run) is that it relies a lot on people to actually know what you're trying to do.
Far too many times I've seen Sylveons set 2+ calm mind, while I was setting up screens and healing... only for the 4th person to attack the boss and trigger the ability/buff wipe pulse.

The problem I have with this set (which I have seen run) is that it relies a lot on people to actually know what you're trying to do.
Far too many times I've seen Sylveons set 2+ calm mind, while I was setting up screens and healing... only for the 4th person to attack the boss and trigger the ability/buff wipe pulse.
That is true. Usually in randoms I just try to Fake Tears as many times as I can before shield goes up. Thankfully, Sylveon is becoming more common lately (it's better than azu as an attacker imo) and the community seems to get what the strategy is. It's why I like to put Fake Tears on my Grimmsnarl whenever I have a Sylveon partner(s).

Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Fake Tears
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
Specs calm mind lol. I think covert cloak is probably the best item if you aren’t in a coordinated group since you don’t really need the extra damage that much and you can’t rely on someone else setting up misty terrain but other than that this is probably the best offensive set imo (other than maybe flutter mane but sylveon tends to die less in my experience seeing other people use them). Calm mind before the stat reset isn’t really a waste even if you don’t get a chance to attack since it still lowers the damage you take so it’s a lot better than belly drum. I’ve also seen a metronome draining kiss set which was neat.
I also like covert cloak on grimmsnarl so you don’t get confused before the misty terrain (I usually go screen, break, break, misty, then heal up if necessary before spamming break with tears fit in where I can) and by the time the light screen wears off the first time charizard’s spatk is already shot so it doesn’t do much damage before you set up the second, but that does make it annoying if light screen wears off right when the sun comes up. I was using chansey as support at first but it only really helps azu and now that more people are using sylveon which doesn’t need the healing the spatk drops are way more useful.

I probably wouldn't recommend this over the Covert Cloak Flutter Mane set for soloing, but I thought it was funny so might as well share:

Bronzong @ Shell Bell
Ability: Heatproof
Tera type: Fairy
EVs: 224 HP / 50 Sp. Atk / 236 Sp. Def
Calm nature
- Light Screen
- Safeguard
- Calm Mind
- Tera Blast

Open with Light Screen, then Safeguard, then refresh them as needed. Get 3 Tera Blasts off right away just so you can Tera as early as possible then chip a bit / hope the AIs do enough damage so Charizard hits the status reset threshold. After that, Calm Mind (I only did 3, 6 would probably be faster) and just nuke it with Tera Blast, refreshing Light Screen / Safeguard still. Mid/late round you probably don't need to Light Screen once you have Fairy + Calm Minds set, but I did for safety since sun.

EVs are such that it takes 4 Fire Blasts to ko Bronzong pre Tera. You might need a bit of luck at the very beginning (Charizard decided to nuke the AI Heracross with Overheat and I also got lucky getting the NPC with Arboliva), but after Tera Fairy goes up it's smooth sailing. I actually wasn't expecting it to be this easy, honestly thought Bronzong wouldn't have the damage output to beat it in time but it worked.

So I hadn't beaten the the postgame story to unlock 6 and 7 star raids for the first run of this event, and I didn't try to join any through codes, and then I realized I probably won't be able to play during the second run of the event, so I thought I would just miss the Charizard until they run it again.

However, I just unlocked 6 star raids and went to find my first, only to find it was a 7 star zard! It turns out I haven't gone online since the event ended, so I still had all the event raids. (This was how I hunted some of the raid shinies during SwSh, I just hadn't thought about doing that for this event).

Based on Austin John's video, I had already raised a Flutter Mane for taking down 5-star raids, and his strategy worked like a charm for soloing Charizard. (Although I accidentally made it max speed instead of max SpD, I still managed to win, maybe because I hypertrained mine).

If, like me, you haven't been online since the event, you might still be able to farm Zard raids on your own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)