Pokémon Bellibolt

Bellibolt

Type: Electric

Base stats: 109 / 64 / 91 / 103 / 83 / 45 (495)

Abilities: Electromorphosis | Static | Damp (HA)

Electromorphosis: Doubles Bellibolt’s electric moves for the rest of the turn if dealt direct damage

Notable moves:
  • Thunderbolt
  • Thunder
  • Slack Off
  • Weather Ball
  • Volt Switch
  • Muddy Water
  • Thunder Wave
  • Sucker Punch
Pros:
  • 103 special attack is somewhat decent
  • 109 / 91 / 83 bulk is pretty good
  • An Electromorphosis boosted Thunderbolt hits like a freight train
  • For a Pokemon designed to take hits, having reliable recovery in Slack Off is the best blessing it could’ve had
  • Can function as a budget slow pivot with TWave, Volt Switch and Slack Off
Cons:
  • Its coverage is laughable, and only consists of Weather Ball which only works sometimes and Muddy Water which is inaccurate
  • Electric is far from the best defensive type
  • Very unreliable
  • Even though its bulk and special attack are passable, they’re nothing extraordinary

Tera Type potential:
  • Electric for the super nukes
  • Ice for the BoltBeam coverage with Tera Blast
Potential sets:

Tera Ice
Bellibolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Electromorphosis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Tera Blast
- Slack Off
- Volt Switch
Tera Electric
Bellibolt @ Magnet / Weakness Policy
Tera Type: Electric
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Muddy Water
- Slack Off
- Volt Switch

Defensive Hail (warning: stupid)
Bellibolt @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Weather Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Slack Off
- Volt Switch

Defensive Hail (warning: stupid)
Bellibolt @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Weather Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Slack Off
- Volt Switch
So i've been field testing a similar set, but instead of it being weather based, its a defensive set that uses Muddy Water/Chilling Water ( I prefer Muddy water, but chilling water has provided interesting results.) and tera type electric. The fact is that thanks to it's ability, and electric just not having that many resistances outside of ground, electromorphosis + tera gives you super stab. I am unsure if it's value is greater than your Modest set yet, however if it can survive 1 more hit it can dish out considerable damage.

I feel like Electromorphosis is a trap honestly. This Pokemon is basically the only solid Static user in the whole game in a tier full of physical threats. Running a defensive set with Static and Discharge makes for a really annoying mon that has far more of a unique niche than just 'hard hitting electric attacks' which Iron Hands probably covers well enough.

I feel like Electromorphosis is a trap honestly. This Pokemon is basically the only solid Static user in the whole game in a tier full of physical threats. Running a defensive set with Static and Discharge makes for a really annoying mon that has far more of a unique niche than just 'hard hitting electric attacks' which Iron Hands probably covers well enough.
Static seems kinda a waste if the goal is paralysis. Bulky Electromorphosis + Discharge accomplishes the same job with damage AND doesn't rely on the opponent to hit you first for paralysis chance.

Static seems kinda a waste if the goal is paralysis. Bulky Electromorphosis + Discharge accomplishes the same job with damage AND doesn't rely on the opponent to hit you first for paralysis chance.
When I wrote that I thought that charge gave a 1.5x boost and not a 2x boost.
Still, I've been having a good time with Static so far. Discharge isn't that reliable at paralysing things so I like the extra chances, especially when I can send Bellibolt in on a U-Turn/Flip Turn or on a sweeper that has set up and often get two chances at crippling it where I wouldn't be able to actually get a Discharge off.

Soak is not perfect, but feel like it should be considered in the movelist coming from a electric type. No ground type, apart from Water Absorb is alright with coming in on a Soak, firing off a non-stab EQ/whatever and getting spanked by a double dmg SE electric move in response. Similarly this should let you walk over some grass types in the tier. Also considering its otherwise limited movepool and coverage, Soak can compete for a slot.

edit: simple enough soak set- im sure theres ideal spa/speed that can be tweaked here
Bellibolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Discharge
- Muddy Water
- Soak

Last edited:

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
:sv/bellibolt:

Although it is quite lacking in overall utility, its recovery and bulk will probably make it a solid defensive pivot. It's definitely not settling in amongst the OU monsters anytime soon, but it'll have its place in the lower tiers.

Bellibolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Chilling Water

To catch Ground-types switching in, as well as to help it absorb physical attacks better, I have Bellibolt running Chilling Water. Bellibolt may like to run Special Defense investment instead, depending on how the lower tier metas develop.

Is the electro buff only until end of turn? If so I think it's coded wrong on showdown as the buff appears to persist between turns.

After rigorous testing I can confidently say I've found the premier Belly boy set.

Bellibolt @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Parabolic Charge
- Tera Blast
- Chilling Water

Easily the best Gholdengo switch-in I can find. Parabolic Charge ain't much at 65 but it heals a pretty solid amount at 130 if it lands. Obviously can struggle against things like Great Tusk/Clodsire but he plays the role of pivot special wall beautifully.

I made my first S/V Singles Team and I went with this set. After seeing its stats, I gravitated to something a bit more tanky and I've been doing pretty well with it.

Bellibolt @ Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpA / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Reflect
-Slack Off

The EV's may seem weird but I just thought to invest less in Special Attack and invest more in it's defensive stats. I always like to put up a reflect and then thunder wave if needed. It's high special and ability makes its thunderbolt hit very hard and can knock out a Dodonzo while cursing. Also, Rocky Helmet is a nice item in general for a tanky Pokemon like this. Plus, a side effect of this that I didn't even anticipate until it happened multiple times is when A Maushold uses Tidy Up and then Population Bomb. Each of those hits does damage to itself with Rocky Helmet and if its already taken some damage, Maushold will pretty much be KO'ed with it's own attack and then I can Slack Off the health I lost after. It may not be the most ideal set for Bellibolt but it's been working for me so far.

Anyone have thoughts on a set like this?

Bellibolt @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Soak
- Thunder Wave / Confuse Ray
- Slack Off / Thunder Wave / Confuse Ray / Electric Terrain

Basically use Soak to remove your opponent's STAB and make them susceptible to Parabolic Charge which hits like a truck with Electromorphosis boost and heals you up. You have good status options in Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray, a reliable heal in Slack Off, and can even have the option of Electric Terrain to counter Toedscruel shenanigans if you desire. Maybe not OU material, but seems like a lot of fun to me.

I like the concept and anesthetics of it, kind of reminds me of Munchlax. In battle its a pretty different story, it definitely won't cut it in OU. Lack of resistances, super slow and almost every team having a bulky ground type make it really underwhelming. At least it has recovery and decent bulk, but there are a lot better options out there.

I like the concept and anesthetics of it, kind of reminds me of Munchlax. In battle its a pretty different story, it definitely won't cut it in OU. Lack of resistances, super slow and almost every team having a bulky ground type make it really underwhelming. At least it has recovery and decent bulk, but there are a lot better options out there.
IDK, I saw Blimax use it in a recent video of his and TBH it put in a lot of work. This Pokemon's stat distribution is quite solid and I think Electromorphosis is a very very good ability. Makes it an absolute tank, which can take big hits and dish ones out that hit equally as hard, esp in a Tera metagame where it can get some more resistances and retalliate back with a super charged Thunderbolt or Parabolic charge for big damage. Unlike something like Regieleki, this Pokemon also has an ok anti-ground coverage tool in Muddy Water, so it can at least make some progress vs those kind of Pokemon. I think this Pokemon could be seen as a hidden gem later on.

IDK, I saw Blimax use it in a recent video of his and TBH it put in a lot of work. This Pokemon's stat distribution is quite solid and I think Electromorphosis is a very very good ability. Makes it an absolute tank, which can take big hits and dish ones out that hit equally as hard, esp in a Tera metagame where it can get some more resistances and retalliate back with a super charged Thunderbolt or Parabolic charge for big damage. Unlike something like Regieleki, this Pokemon also has an ok anti-ground coverage tool in Muddy Water, so it can at least make some progress vs those kind of Pokemon. I think this Pokemon could be seen as a hidden gem later on.
I don't see it as a solid OU Pokémon by any means. It may be able to function decently on some teams but so can a lot of Pokémon. Muddy Water helps it a bit but it is not really reliable. It is also less bulky that it would seem and doesn't hold up against the power creep of this generation.

Blimax has also 6-0ed teams with Ariados so I think it's less the Pokémon and more what a good player can do in spite of having a team handicap.

I don't think this guy is utter unusable trash or anything but it certainly isn't going to randomly find itself in OU 6 months from now. It will be lucky to be RU. It's just too slow and passive to be a serious threat.

Blimax has also 6-0ed teams with Ariados so I think it's less the Pokémon and more what a good player can do in spite of having a team handicap.

I don't think this guy is utter unusable trash or anything but it certainly isn't going to randomly find itself in OU 6 months from now. It will be lucky to be RU. It's just too slow and passive to be a serious threat.
Is this Pokemon really passive? Electromorphosis is doubling its Electric Damage output off its Modest (heh) 103 base SpA, boosting the power of its Thunderbolt to ridiculous levels. To illustrate:

+2 252+ SpA Choice Specs Bellibolt Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 316-373 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

Now, this is a bit of hyperbolic example, largely since I don't expect Bellibolt to be running Specs (Leftovers seems like the better item). But make no mistake, dealing almost 50% to a Blissey with a neutral attack is pretty nutty, and its gonna be dealing a sh*tton of damage to most other Pokemon too w/ its Electric moves if its attacks by a stray U-Turn from Corv and what-not.

Also Charge did get buffed this generation, so it will be "stored" until you click an Electric Move, which could be useful if you KO something like Great Tusk w/ a predicted Muddy Water. Sadly doesn't get stored when you switch out though (I think, doesn't specify it in Bulbapedia)

Truthfully, I don't think Belibolt will see much use in OU, esp if Tera gets axed since Tusk, Treads, Chomp, etc. are on like every team so its nuking potential will be quite limited in this tier. However, I also don't think its quite like Ampharos and other slow electrics since its significantly stronger than they are and has some good tools these Pokemon lack, like OK anti-ground coverage, reliable recovery, and potentially nuclear damage output despite not having a setup move. Would not be surprised to see it make a splash here or there in OU, and be a great Pokemon in whatever lower tier it ends up in.

Truthfully, I don't think Belibolt will see much use in OU, esp if Tera gets axed since Tusk, Treads, Chomp, etc. are on like every team so its nuking potential will be quite limited in this tier. However, I also don't think its quite like Ampharos and other slow electrics since its significantly stronger than they are and has some good tools these Pokemon lack, like OK anti-ground coverage, reliable recovery, and potentially nuclear damage output despite not having a setup move. Would not be surprised to see it make a splash here or there in OU, and be a great Pokemon in whatever lower tier it ends up in.
From all my experience using it, I have found the defensive set to be its best set, specifically when using parabolic charge. It's bulk is no joke and even with only 4 evs in Spa, it's damage output is solid. Even though it loses key Ko's by running Parabolic charge, the heal from this move when combined with its ability is nutty.

Bellibolt @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Electric
Bold Nature
-Parabolic Charge
-Muddy Water
-Volt Switch/Discharge
-Slack Off

This is the set I have been using. Leftovers tends to be better, but Rocky helmet is good if another mon on your team needs it more. This things ability to punish pivot mons is no laughing matter. U-turn/Volt Switch hardly do anything to this and then your opponent has to worry about the "charged" move. If you use Parabolic you can recover a good chunk of HP, while Volt switch hits harder and allows for a better slow pivot.

I've also come to realize just how much better Terra electric is on this thing compared to flying. While it's nice too dodge an earthquake, on this set the ability to dish major damage with Parabolic charge and recover back vast quantities of health is just too good. Obviously this thing loses out hard to ground types, but I think as the meta continues to adapt and HOME adds mons, this thing will at least be a sleeper threat both offensively and defensively.

I have experimented with Bellibolt some more and I found it to be good Rain Setter. It powers up Weather Ball and makes Thunder perfect accuracy. It can also easily take electric attacks for the team and set up Rain Dance multiple times throughout the match due to its decent staying power. I like Static over its signature ability because it has a lot more utility against more threats. Outside of Rain teams though it's subpar

Still, I've been having a good time with Static so far. Discharge isn't that reliable at paralysing things so I like the extra chances
I don't understand your logic here. Static and Discharge both have 30% chances to paralyze. But Static depends on being hit with a physical contact attack, whereas you get the paralysis chance with Discharge every time you use it.

I don't understand your logic here. Static and Discharge both have 30% chances to paralyze. But Static depends on being hit with a physical contact attack, whereas you get the paralysis chance with Discharge every time you use it.
uh, I was talking about using both at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)