Approved Becoming Aquainted With the Ubers Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Introduction

Explain to the reader into what will be explained

Competitive Discussion

Explain what is normally discussed competitively and what isn't allowed to be talked about

Weekend Tournaments

Tell the reader why there are so many voices and how they got it (they connect)
Explain what the Weekend Tournaments are for

Well Known Users of the Ubers Room and Why/What They're Known for

List some the roomowners in the Ubers room and some mods, what they do to participate in the room

Conclusion

Conclude the article

To emphasize more on what Spydreigon said, when you're writing articles about that particular room, you're basically representing that room in some kind of light. Keep in mind that this is going to be an article that's going to be seen by the masses of PS, so if you write something about the Ubers room and the staff are generally unaware of it/you say something you aren't supposed to in this article, then there's going to be issues. It's because of this that we require, at the very least, permission from respective room ROs before writing articles about their rooms.

dhelmise

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Permission from Sweep

[16:40] Langur:can i write an article about the ubers room in the player
[16:46] @Sweep:ok
[16:47] Langur: i can?
[16:47] @Sweep: yes

Alright. Tagging Antemortem to see if he's fine with it, and if he is, sure.

Sweep, I hope you don't mind looking over the articles for errors and general quality checking with me once it's done!

See, that's also what I was worried about. How long have you been in the Ubers room/how long have you been frequenting it? While yeah, we do have Sweep to quality check things, we typically either have some sort of roomstaff writing an article to represent their room and what it's about. Apologies for being stringent, but I hope you understand that having high quality articles with accurate content is important here.

dhelmise

Social Media Head
See, that's also what I was worried about. How long have you been in the Ubers room/how long have you been frequenting it? While yeah, we do have Sweep to quality check things, we typically either have some sort of roomstaff writing an article to represent their room and what it's about. Apologies for being stringent, but I hope you understand that having high quality articles with accurate content is important here.
I used to be in it a lot around September through November (iirc), then I just started to not even go into rooms at all for a bit, then I started going into different rooms.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I used to be in it a lot around September through November (iirc), then I just started to not even go into rooms at all for a bit, then I started going into different rooms.
We'll only permit you to write this if you convince a room Moderator to co-write it with you. Sweep can still do final sweeps quality checks of the article, but I'm not convinced that anyone but room staff will be able to write this as effectively as possible.

dhelmise

Social Media Head
[18:38] Langur: are you here atm
[18:39] steeljackal: sort of why
[18:39] Langur: so
[18:40] Langur: antemortem is permitting me to write an article about the Ubers room
[18:40] Langur: only if
[18:40] Langur: I get a roommod to help me with it
[18:40] Langur: /co-write it
[18:40] steeljackal: ohhh
[18:40] steeljackal: uh okay

dhelmise

Social Media Head
steeljackal was also wondering if Shaian could do art for it even tho they're not permitted

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
did Steeljackal actually say yes? just for clarification

as for Shaian: they have to send us a private message with a couple of samples of their art before we can allow them to create art for The Player.

dhelmise

Social Media Head
did Steeljackal actually say yes? just for clarification

as for Shaian: they have to send us a private message with a couple of samples of their art before we can allow them to create art for The Player.
Steeljackal did say yes, I'll tell Shaian to send you some art :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)