Resource BDSP UU Sample Teams

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
op straight-up stolen from Eve's BDSP OU Sample Teams thread

BDSP UU SAMPLES.png

Hello! This thread aims to provide a collection of successful BDSP UU teams to help new players get acclimated to the metagame and different playstyles.

Posting Guidelines

• Give a short explanation of the role that each member of your team plays, and how the team works.
  • Provide an importable.
  • You must have some experience with your team before posting. Don’t post a team you just made on the team builder and thought looked good. Providing replays is a good way to prove that you have used your team a fair bit and that it’s viable; it will also give us an idea of how to play with the team.
  • Your team must represent the current metagame.
  • Rejected Sample Team submissions will be moved to the BDSP Team Bazaar so that they still may be used by other players.
Sample teams will be selected by a collection of experienced BDSP UU players.

Current Sample Teams

Below are the current sample teams! Click the minisprites for the importables of the teams.

Hyper Offense

:Cloyster: :Blastoise: :Metagross: :Gyarados: :Flygon: :Machamp: Blue Spam ft Machamp by 6Roggenrolas (Updated by Grabby)

Offense

:venomoth: :milotic: :uxie: :forretress: :entei: :mismagius: Venomoth Offense by Toy Time King

Bulky Offense

:Rotom-Mow::Metagross::Entei::Suicune::Forretress::Snorlax: Double-Dog Core by 6Roggenrolas (Edited by Grabby)

:Gardevoir::Roserade::Blastoise::Metagross::Tauros::Flygon: Gardevoir BO by Twilight

:Milotic: :Crobat: :Flygon: :Snorlax: :Exploud: :Registeel: MiloSteel + Double Normal by TyCarter

Balance

:Flygon::Empoleon::Umbreon::Swampert::Shaymin::Crobat: Empoleon Balance by 6Roggenrolas (Edits by Grabby)

:porygon-z::Crobat::Entei::Milotic::Rotom-Mow::Registeel: MiloSteel Balance by TyCarter

:Milotic: :Machamp: :Flygon: :Exploud: :Registeel: :Crobat: MiloSteel + ExChamp Balance by TyCarter

Stall

:Chansey::Quagsire::Granbull::Forretress::Crobat::Nidoqueen: Nidoqueen Stall by Toy Time King (Edited by Grabby)

Hazard Stack

:shaymin::Blastoise::Entei::Flygon::Uxie::Froslass: Froslass Hazard Stack by TyCarter

:Froslass::Mew::Sceptile::Absol::Mismagius::Sharpedo: Dark Spam Spikes Stack by Amane Misa

:Suicune: :Roserade: :Snorlax: :Metagross: :Crobat: :Flygon: Roarcune Hazard Stack by Grabby

We're looking for successful current teams of any playstyle! We're a little better stocked on hazard stack teams though, so prioritize the other styles if not sure what to share.

Last edited:
I'm still a huge fan of TTK's Entei + Heracross Offense team, since it contains several of the best mons in the format and keeps up the pressure on the opponent with a mix of wallbreaking and speedy revenge killing. I do think that Tentacruel isn't super reliable to spin hazards throughout a game, but I do feel that the core of Entei and Heracross on its own is super flexible because of Entei's tendency to bring in Waters and Grounds for Heracross to smash. I do see that you do have a team with Shaymin + Entei on it, which is pretty similar, but I do believe that this team is great and deserves to be on the sample teams.

Replays:
Mihowk vs Elfuseon, UU Open Semifinals

Also, where can I find this BDSP Team Bazaar?
Also, I clicked the Empoleon Balance team and was sent to the pokepaste for the Dog Core BO

Last edited:

TTK

Won't Catch Me Lacking.
is a Community Contributor
I'm still a huge fan of TTK's Entei + Heracross Offense team, since it contains several of the best mons in the format and keeps up the pressure on the opponent with a mix of wallbreaking and speedy revenge killing. I do think that Tentacruel isn't super reliable to spin hazards throughout a game, but I do feel that the core of Entei and Heracross on its own is super flexible because of Entei's tendency to bring in Waters and Grounds for Heracross to smash. I do see that you do have a team with Shaymin + Entei on it, which is pretty similar, but I do believe that this team is great and deserves to be on the sample teams.

Replays:
Mihowk vs Elfuseon, UU Open Semifinals

Also, where can I find this BDSP Team Bazaar?
Also, I clicked the Empoleon Balance team and was sent to the pokepaste for the Dog Core BO
The old sample teams are here. They are still solid teams here, and yes the roserade icon is misleading should be tentacruel but yeah, we have these new sets of teams to better reflect some mons that need some limelight like Shaymin, Empo and Veno

Just a minor update, I revised the Blue Spam and Empoleon Balance teams to reflect the Heracross ban. For Blue Spam this meant replacing Hera with the somewhat similar Zangoose and, well, nothing else since it's a very simple team. As for Empoleon Balance I replaced Weezing with the much more utilitarian Crobat since the reduced bulk isn't as much of an issue with Hera gone, in addition to tweaking the Shaymin set to better account for the bulky setup in the tier, as well as Celebi and Pressure Suicune's new menacing presences in particular.

and a friendly reminder that it would in fact be cool if people contributed teams here! we won't bite!

If you've read my recent post on the BDSP UU thread, you might be familiar with this team, but I would like to nominate this team for its solidness, type synergy, and adaptability in any scenario:

:metagross: :entei: :celebi: :mew: :flygon: :milotic: - UU Beginner's BO

Quick lookover on each Pokemon
:metagross: - Bulky SR setter, Steel-type with great power, priority Bullet Punch, can even stay in on Flygon (at high health)
:entei: - Choice Banded breaker, baits in Waters for Celebi to set up on or Milotic to get burned on
:celebi: - Dumb Nasty Plot sweeper, also abuses presence of Waters, can even beat back Snorlax or Umbreon
:Mew: - Specially Defensive support, Defog that also scares out Forretress and takes nothing from Bronzong
:flygon: - Scarf revenge killer, I've made it Lonely Naughty > Hasty Naive so that it has more strength against decently bulky mons like Entei, Celebi, and Shaymin, but you can feasibly go Hasty Naive f you want to
:milotic: - Stop to Entei and the Waters

If you remember the original team I had, it had a Swampert on it. I really like using Swampert, but you can't be so weak to Waters that you leave your entire team open to getting swept, so Milotic has to be on here.

Also, if you have a better name than "UU Beginner's BO", lmk

Edit: I've changed the natures on Flygon to be better against priority from Entei (made it -SpD instead of -Def).

Last edited:

TyCarter

Tough Scene
Hello folks, I've made an update to the BDSP UU Samples thread, the original Raikou spike-stack team got removed for fairly obvious reasons (Raikou got banned), and decided to add teams from this post that I felt still aged reasonably well.

My shaymin spike stack team was updated with better EV spreads for Shaymin, while some teams were edited by Grabby to better reflect the current landscape of BDSP UU. There has been 1 new addition with the Milotic-Registeel core that reflects the current state of the metagame. I will be updating these as the ongoing BDSP UU Open continues to progress

Last edited:
Here are the edits I made:
  • Double-Dog Core: Gave Suicune Pressure to take advantage of its bulk and enable PP stalling strategies. I didn't give it to Entei because Inner Focus gives it immunity to Intimidate and it cannot do the same sorts of PP stalling while holding Choice Band.
  • Empoleon Balance: Because Psych Up Shaymin was used to match Calm Mind Raikou, it wasn't necessary after Raikou's ban. I gave it Giga Drain because it was a good secondary Grass STAB move. Additionally, gave Crobat Infiltrator over Inner Focus so that it could bypass the Substitutes of Mismagius.
  • Nidoqueen Stall: Gave Crobat Infiltrator for the same reason.

TyCarter

Tough Scene
Once again, I've made another update to samples for post PL and grand slam.

I've added 3 new teams (2 MiloSteel teams and a Suicune Hazard Stack team) for the time being and 1 edit to an existing team. (The Blue Spam HO has the Zangoose being replaced by Machamp). There are some other teams I will look to add in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)