Resource BDSP Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Would the Anti-Lead Kecleon( Protean w/ Fake out/Magic Coat/Focus Punch/Sucker Punch) be a decent choice as a dark horse option in OU or a bit too much on the gimmicky end?

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
So given Articuno is no longer uber by technicality with the home update what tier will it start in now?

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Would the Anti-Lead Kecleon( Protean w/ Fake out/Magic Coat/Focus Punch/Sucker Punch) be a decent choice as a dark horse option in OU or a bit too much on the gimmicky end?
I would hazard a guess to say this is far too gimmicky to be a consistent strategy. I'm not even totally sure what it is supposed to do besides Magic Coat Stealth Rock. Seems like it is purely banking on the surprise factor, which is never a good thing for a mon.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
As you may already know, the HOME update dropped, bringing news of Celebi, Deoxys and the Pressure legendaries back; now the tiers are updated to reflect this, so:
- Celebi will start in OU, as standard for new Pokémon
- All Deoxys formes will start in Ubers
- Articuno will get back to the tier it belonged before it was banned, which is RU

Additionally, legendaries aren't Hidden Ability locked anymore, so feel free to use your Pressure Suicune once again (for anyone that's asking: we do NOT get any moveset or new Pokémon from anywhere, be SWSH, PL:A or older games; the above is all we get)

Last edited:

igiveuponaname

A face in a cloud no trace in the crowd.
is a Community Contributor
I've been out of the loop on the metagame for a week or two now, what does Celebi do in OU now that is has now been added?

does anyone know why gliscor's most popular spread on pikalytics is impish 252 hp / 200 def / 56 spd, sitting at 41% in usage? i feel like this is a very random spread, and i'm just wondering why it's so popular on one of the most pivotal pokemon in the current metagame. to my knowledge, i thought careful/jolly variants were more utilized.

20E663A9-E162-445B-83C0-7B52FF41FBF9.jpeg

Last edited:

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
ladder stats may be screwed a bit but physdef gliscor is undoubtedly the best performing Gliscor right now, the question is in how much Speed you wanna give it

igiveuponaname

A face in a cloud no trace in the crowd.
is a Community Contributor
ladder stats may be screwed a bit but physdef gliscor is undoubtedly the best performing Gliscor right now, the question is in how much Speed you wanna give it
What makes phys def gliscor the best set right now? It seems like most of the top tier physical attackers in the tier are able to beat it. Am I missing something?

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
What makes phys def gliscor the best set right now? It seems like most of the top tier physical attackers in the tier are able to beat it. Am I missing something?
Phys Def Gliscor is one of the few mons in the game able to switch into any of CB Infernape moves, is a reliable scarf raptor check and can survive a +2 Meteor Mash from Lucario and ko it back, oh and you can make fun of donphan much easier. By going phys def instead of special you arent missing much other than Magnezone and Heatran (this one is huge but much easier to check with something else if you arent playing stall, i always use special on stall). The offensive sets are more niche.
I may be forgetting some others mons you check better with phy gliscor, but anything with a boosting move or ice coverage that is most others physical attackers on the tier dont care much about gliscor anyway.

Last edited:
Phys Def Gliscor is one of the few mons in the game able to switch into any of CB Infernape moves, is a reliable scarf raptor check and can survive a +2 Meteor Mash from Lucario and ko it back, oh and you can make fun of donphan much easier. By going phys def instead of special you arent missing much other than Magnezone and Heatran (this one is huge but much easier to check with something else if you arent playing stall, i always use special on stall). The offensive sets are more niche.
I may be forgetting some others mons you check better with phy gliscor, but anything with a boosting move or ice coverage that is most others physical attackers on the tier dont care much about gliscor anyway.
i guess i'm still confused because all of those threats are easily countered by slowbro, and in my opinion, much better because regenerator negates chip

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
i guess i'm still confused because all of those threats are easily countered by slowbro, and in my opinion, much better because regenerator negates chip
Slowbro is a really good mon, but usually, is not just about being able to take hits, there is a lot of competition at being the Water or Psychic type of the team (is actually similar for Ground types, no one wants to become too ice weak), and Gliscor is not only good at checking physical threats, it can also set up rocks, remove hazards and items, in the other hand Slowbro is better at spreading statuses and for future sight shenanigans. It comes down to your needs.

At this moment is impossible to challenge people to have a bdsp ubers battle. For low tiers, an OU challenge battle is enough.

Why is Starmie's offensive rapid spin sample set listed as having 29 HP IVs?
Because with 259 HP takes 25 HP Life orb recoil and with 261 HP takes 26.
Is an optional change.

Last edited:

Ninsarina

Banned deucer.
Heya, friends. Can someone educate me on why Weavile is so excellent in this format? I want to play BdSp in the future, would like to know some information about the format.

Heya, friends. Can someone educate me on why Weavile is so excellent in this format? I want to play BdSp in the future, would like to know some information about the format.
High attack, one of the highest unboosted speed tiers in the meta, fantastic offensive typing, access to decent stabs, priority, ability to run either swords dance or choice band sets... honestly, why *wouldn't* Weavile be amazing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)