Resource BDSP Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I immediately thought of washtom or Heattom as well- he generally forces Mamo out anyways with the threat of his stab and can get the team's hazard removal in

Sorry guys, but i need some clarification. I have a Blastoise and an Empoleon with 31 IVs in attack, being special attackers I know it is not necessary, but is it better to do them again to have IV 0 or is it not so relevant? Are Confusion and Foul Play so used?

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Sorry guys, but i need some clarification. I have a Blastoise and an Empoleon with 31 IVs in attack, being special attackers I know it is not necessary, but is it better to do them again to have IV 0 or is it not so relevant? Are Confusion and Foul Play so used?
Is not that important, the only 'relevant' foul play user is Umbreon and confusion was nerfed a few gens ago so the chances of it working are pretty low, 0 atk iv is better but you shouldnt worry about that for cartridge play.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
what pokemon can check mamoswine other than skarm? ideally, this pokemon should be able to switch into an earthquake or icicle crash and not take 50% in damage. this includes stealth rock, freeze-dry, and banded variants. it would be an added bonus if it could also wall weavile, but this is not necessary.
Mamoswine is a very fickle Pokémon to check, since as you said there are a lot of sets bringing down common answers such as Rotom-W, but still going the bulky water route is usually the way to go for it (since only Rotom-W is badly hurt by Freeze-Dry anyway), alongside maintaining high offensive pressure in the match since Mamoswine is (fortunately) riddled with a poor Speed stat and being frail; also it may be more or less threatening depending on the set, since Life Orb is the only one capable of doing huge amounts of damage, but you should always be able to revengekill it if you're running a offense, or stalling the LO recoil if you're running a stall team.

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Why did Chansey drop to RU, and what makes Blissey OU?
The main difference is the lack of Eviolite in this format, Chansey struggle to keep up with all the damage in higher tiers without it.
Blissey is the superior defensive answer to most special attackers, it works well in balanced and defensive teams.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Why lately I see people with specs/scarf Heatran & rachi with SR? Any reason for this? I don't know if it's because of Trick Scarf Rotom, but I don't see much point in it. I don't think other sets will improve.

Why lately I see people with specs/scarf Heatran & rachi with SR? Any reason for this? I don't know if it's because of Trick Scarf Rotom, but I don't see much point in it. I don't think other sets will improve.
Choiced Heatran has been catching opponents off guard for several gens of OU. The lack of checks in this meta make it even better than before. As for Jirachi, it’s one of the sturdiest Psychic checks in OU. Bulky SR sets provide good role compression. They’re both viable.

————————————————

The Arceus and Darkrai events start today, if my information is correct. When will they be added to ubers on showdown?

Hello, not sure if this is a thread I should post this. What are some good pokemons to counter Crawdaunt? I have issues switching into Crawdaunt and not sure which mon I should replace from my team...I'm new to competitive pokemon and currently at 1500ish. Would appreciate some advice

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Hello, not sure if this is a thread I should post this. What are some good pokemons to counter Crawdaunt? I have issues switching into Crawdaunt and not sure which mon I should replace from my team...I'm new to competitive pokemon and currently at 1500ish. Would appreciate some advice
Crawdaunt is pretty notoriously difficult to switch into, so the pool of options is pretty shallow. Bulky grasses such as Tangrowth and defensive Toxic Heal Breloom can handle Choice Band Craw and it's stabs pretty well - tho if you see Life Orb immediately be wary of Sludge Bomb, some daunts run mixed just to beat past the previously mentioned 2. The arguably best overall "counter" to Crawdaunt in OU specifically is Poliwrath, who has earned a legitimate niche in the tier as a defensive pivot for being one of the generally safest switch in to Craw with it's water immunity + a resistance to Knock Off and neutrality to the occasional Sludge Bomb.

Crawdaunt is pretty notoriously difficult to switch into, so the pool of options is pretty shallow. Bulky grasses such as Tangrowth and defensive Toxic Heal Breloom can handle Choice Band Craw and it's stabs pretty well - tho if you see Life Orb immediately be wary of Sludge Bomb, some daunts run mixed just to beat past the previously mentioned 2. The arguably best overall "counter" to Crawdaunt in OU specifically is Poliwrath, who has earned a legitimate niche in the tier as a defensive pivot for being one of the generally safest switch in to Craw with it's water immunity + a resistance to Knock Off and neutrality to the occasional Sludge Bomb.
I will try Tangrowth since Quagsire/Gastrodon can be a pain sometimes as well. Probably swap out Rotom. Thank you for this!

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Azu / Clefa are also good options if Crawdaunt isn't Sludge. Venusaur, Rkiller Latios, kou/zone, or even fast uturn Scizor + priority.

Does skill swap's effect disappear after the "swapped" pokemon switches? In other words, does gliscor re-gain poison heal after it swaps out lol

So after venting out several expletives for nearly an hour once I remembered that detail, it occured to me that we are stuck with HA Registeel in BDSP for a while.
My quest is what is the best possible set that can exist for Light Armor Regi in BDSP UU for the time being until they finally fix the compatability issues with HOME already?

I hope this is a good place to ask this:

I have both a Milotic Marvel Scale (Recover, Haze, Scald Ice Beam) as well as a Suicune (CroCune Sleep Talk Rest Calm Mind Scald set) ready to use, EV trained and all, to accompany my OU stall team. I’m torn over which of the two to use. Which should I choose? Suicune may be a bit stronger but I would lack Haze and an ice move if I were to use it.

(Rest of the team = Stealth Rock Gliscor, Sleep Powder Sludge Bomb Tangrowth, Wish Protect Clefable, Calm Mind Flamethrower Thunderbolt Blissey and Toxic Spikes Rapid Spin Forretress.)

In short: should I pick Suicune Crocune or Marvel Scale Milotic?

Jeong

Banned deucer.
I hope this is a good place to ask this:

I have both a Milotic Marvel Scale (Recover, Haze, Scald Ice Beam) as well as a Suicune (CroCune Sleep Talk Rest Calm Mind Scald set) ready to use, EV trained and all, to accompany my OU stall team. I’m torn over which of the two to use. Which should I choose? Suicune may be a bit stronger but I would lack Haze and an ice move if I were to use it.

(Rest of the team = Stealth Rock Gliscor, Sleep Powder Sludge Bomb Tangrowth, Wish Protect Clefable, Calm Mind Flamethrower Thunderbolt Blissey and Toxic Spikes Rapid Spin Forretress.)

In short: should I pick Suicune Crocune or Marvel Scale Milotic?
How is Clefable? Unaware or Magic Guard? Still, if you want my opinion, I prefer cune, as you have a bit more offensive presence with CM and can take better advantage of SR on Glisc/Spikes with Forre. It makes sense that the fable is Unaware > Magic Guard. Somehow you already have plenty of mons to absorb status and with that you protect yourself from threats like SD or DD Weavile/Feraligatr.

How is Clefable? Unaware or Magic Guard? Still, if you want my opinion, I prefer cune, as you have a bit more offensive presence with CM and can take better advantage of SR on Glisc/Spikes with Forre. It makes sense that the fable is Unaware > Magic Guard. Somehow you already have plenty of mons to absorb status and with that you protect yourself from threats like SD or DD Weavile/Feraligatr.
I have a Wish Clefable, but wanted to use something else for variety. But then I’ll take Cune. Thanks for the help!

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
Which predicted month will Pokemon home for bdsp come?
Good question; the predicted month was February but it seems they have technical problems making BDSP compatible with HOME since (in very simplicistic terms) they were built too differently on the code/engine level, so we... don't know, quite frankly; could be tomorrow, could be in three months, could be never

Hi, I'm wondering why adem's "breaker spam wooo" was removed from the samples? His paste is here, though I think he revised it later and replaced starmie with bulky scarf washtom -- breaker spam woooo (pokepast.es)

Also, will there be an archive of old samples eventually?

Thanks
Mostly I *personally* feel that team has a bit of speed issues to solve and only Scizor as the real backbone of the team, which can be quite easily stopped; stuff like Clefable are unironically only beaten by two Pokémon and as long as you can either just bring hard stall (that Zam doesn't beat Gliscor) or outoffense it you can do reliably well
That being said, I'm not the only one that rates samples so this is just my personal opinion
It's still one of the better teams that were samples, though!

As for an archive of old samples, we'll consider it (although getting old teams back might be a issue...)

igiveuponaname

A face in a cloud no trace in the crowd.
is a Community Contributor
Hi, I'm new to the tier, and I was wondering. What can be used to defensively check Starmie aside from something like Blissey?

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Hi, I'm new to the tier, and I was wondering. What can be used to defensively check Starmie aside from something like Blissey?
Starmie can deal a serious damage to most defensive cores with its offensive sets, and if you really dont want to use Blissey then is going to be really difficult to handle as it comes down to what moves is the Starmie running, Latias and Slowking can deal with it if they dont take an analytic boosted super effective move (ice beam, thunderbolt), meanwhile Umbreon can switch on any move but it can be annoying to use as you could give free turns to a dangerous fighting type like Lucario.
There is also Cresselia, im not a big fan of it but it does the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)