Resource BDSP Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
With the arrival of BDSP OU, there is unsurprisingly a minimal banlist. And among that, there is Shadow Tag, where his presence is in principle indisputable. But since there will probably only be Wobbuffet's family in these games (in any case, this is the current situation), isn't this a good opportunity to test them in OU? Naturally, Woobuffet is far from being something perfectly balanced, with the possibility of trapping most of Choice users or combining Encore with Tickle (cf. this replay with the combination of Pursuit). But the absence of Gothitelle/Gothorita and their PP Stall set simplifies the problem a bit. If it turns out that Wobbuffet remains too bulky and that it succeeds too easily these Counter/Mirror Coat, then it would stay in Uber and Wynaut would become the only chosen one
Wobbuffet still easily traps and deletes any single mon out, so definitely not, and its not worth to unban the ability just to have Wynaut roaming free on lower tiers anyway; even if its a joke mon it still has Encore to bring any Choiced Pokémon to Struggle, or just DBond Sash to pick the easiest kill of its life
Not worth unbanning either one at all

Hello! I am not sure where to post this so I apologize if this is not the right place. I was look for suggestions to my semi competitive team

was thinking about making a semi competitive team to battle a few friends with smogon rules and for the post game rematches.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf or life orb?

Ability: Cursed Body

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Thunderbolt

- Sludge Bomb

- Focus Blast

- Shadow Ball

I just love Gengar and try to use it in every semi serious team I make so now that I am in the post game I want to use him as a special sweeper since it has great coverage and speed. I was thinking on using choice scarf for even more speed but wasnt sure if Life orb could be better to not get locked in an attack and since Gengar is already frail, the damage from life orb is not that significant for more power

Empoleon @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Scald

- Roar

- Ice beam

Piplup was my starter so I want to have Empoleon in my team no matter what. I am trying to use him as an special wall of some kind since Water/steel its a great typing with lots of resistances. Using him also as a SR setter with roar so I can try to keep away some threats. Ice beam to hurt dragon and ground types.

Breloom @ Focus Sash or life orb or choice scarf

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Spore

- Bullet Seed

- Mach Punch

- Swords Dance

I have never use him and I wanted a hard hitter grass pokemon as physical sweeper with priority moves so Breloom was the obvious choice. Spore lets me set up SD and just attack trying to sweep the other team. I was not sure if he should use focus sash so I can for sure put a pokemon to sleep and set up SD or maybe life orb for more power.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

EVs: 244 HP / 152 Def / 112 Spe

Impish Nature

- Swords Dance

- Knock off

- Earthquake

- Roost or Stealth Rock

Another pokemon I really like and I was thinking on using as a physical wall and a second SR setter which Knock off too so I can get rid of annoying items. Roost for more survivability and EQ for great STAB coverage. Not sure about this set tho, I have seen a lot of people using a Jolly nature with a more offensive set so any input would be appreciated.

Clefable @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD

Bold Nature or Calm

- Wish

- Protect

- Moonblast

- Aromatherapy or Stealth Rock

I am actually not sure about adding this pokemon but I needed a fairy type and this one was the first one that came to my mind. It can be used as a mixed wall or maybe a pure special wall (open to suggestions) A cleric with Wish and protect so it can heal herself and my team. Moonblast to hit dragon types and not sure about the other attack. Aromatherapy to recover from annoying burns and paralysis or another SR setter and maybe change that attack on either Empoleon or Gliscor.

Dragonite @ Choice Band

Ability: Multiscale

Jolly Nature

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Fire Punch

- Extreme Speed

I figured I needed a dragon type in my team so I went and used the OG dragon type from pokemon because really didnt want to use Garchomp. This gives me another Earthquake immunity and ES to finish fast pokemon. Just act as another fast and hard hitter physical sweeper with choice band. Honestly, I am not sure about this pokemon so if you guys can suggest another good one I am all ears.

I just want to maintain atleast Gengar and Empoleon, maybe Breelom but thats about the attachment I have for this team. Thanks!

Katy

Banned deucer.
Which nature (Modest/Timid) is currently preferred on Manaphy? Are there any relevant KOs that modest ensures?
In overall timid is the preferred nature to not lose out on other base 100 Pokemon and to achieve at least a Speed tie. Manaphy has the great fundamental of having Tail Glow and with Wacan Berry or Rindo Berry it can setup infront of Pokemon like Rotom-W, Tangrowth, and Breloom. However Manaphy can also run a more bulkier set with Rain Dance + Hydration, but Rain Dance means, you miss out on a coverage move, as Manaphy likes Tail Glow too much.

However you can run Tail Glow, Rain Dance, Surf and Ice Beam, but you prefer a check to Gastrodon and Empoleon then to help Manaphy with breaking through those checks. Energy Ball instead of Rain Dance means you can go around these threats with more ease. You can also run Tail Glow + Surf + Ice Beam + Skill Swap to combat Unaware Clefable better.

In overall on offensive Manaphy variants Timid is the preferred nature to not lose out immediately on other abse 100 Pokemon such as Mew and Jirachi and base 90's such as Jolly Lucario!

Hopfeully that helped :)

So with menu storage and such. We could theoretically reach Shayimin, Darkrai and such in base game with no gift. So my question is are they able to be legal?

Katy

Banned deucer.
So with menu storage and such. We could theoretically reach Shayimin, Darkrai and such in base game with no gift. So my question is are they able to be legal?
Since you cannot obtain them in a legal way yet, they aren't usable for now. A glitch doesn't make a Pokemon legitimate. It has to be with an event or via a mystery gift to claim a completely legal Pokemon. A glitch however isn't something intentional like an event or mystery gift is, resulting into an illegality of the particular Pokemon. So ya, no, you cannot use them yet. Maybe in the future, when they're given out by Nintendo / Game Freak via those two conditions.

Hopefully this helped :)

Since you cannot obtain them in a legal way yet, they aren't usable for now. A glitch doesn't make a Pokemon legitimate. It has to be with an event or via a mystery gift to claim a completely legal Pokemon. A glitch however isn't something intentional like an event or mystery gift is, resulting into an illegality of the particular Pokemon. So ya, no, you cannot use them yet. Maybe in the future, when they're given out by Nintendo / Game Freak via those two conditions.

Hopefully this helped :)
Completely fair and understandable just want sure if there was a difference between mystery gift/not obtainable and obtainable in game.

Hey, I'm pretty new to competitive and I'm reading through some guides. I just want to play semi competitve against friends and want to build a solid allround team. The three must haves for me are Gengar, Scizor and Garchomp. Could someone be so kind and suggest me some pokemons that could round this team well off? I'll probably take Latios aswell. When making a suggestion for a certain pokemon I'd also appreciate any suiting moveset to guide me into the right direction.

Thank you :)

I favor older Pokemon from 151/Kanto region and have BD atm. I pretty much just started playing but I want to make a sorta competitive team at least eventually. My current team is random ones I like but I'm reading more about OU and viable comps. Also, I don't mind evolved forms of the original ones e.g. Blissey/Magnezone.

Current team:

Alakazam

Crobat

Gengar

Golduck

Gyrados

Blissey

Possible others I want:

Scizor

Zapdos

Clefable

Dragonite

Magnezone

Slowbro

Mew

Nidoking

Possibly others?

I favor older Pokemon from 151/Kanto region and have BD atm. I pretty much just started playing but I want to make a sorta competitive team at least eventually. My current team is random ones I like but I'm reading more about OU and viable comps. Also, I don't mind evolved forms of the original ones e.g. Blissey/Magnezone.

Current team:

Alakazam

Crobat

Gengar

Golduck

Gyrados

Blissey

Possible others I want:

Scizor

Zapdos

Clefable

Dragonite

Magnezone

Slowbro

Mew

Nidoking

Possibly others?
everything is viable here other than golduck and crobat, add hazards, defog and hard hitters who cover other mons and you will have a solid team.

everything is viable here other than golduck and crobat, add hazards, defog and hard hitters who cover other mons and you will have a solid team.
Thanks! Yeah I kinda knew that part I was just wondering more what would be a good team composition from those plus maybe extras. For example who are some good candidates to incorporate who could be a hazard/defoger or a hard hitter that's good. Also, like how many physical/special sweepers/walls etc.

Hey, I'm pretty new to competitive and I'm reading through some guides. I just want to play semi competitve against friends and want to build a solid allround team. The three must haves for me are Gengar, Scizor and Garchomp. Could someone be so kind and suggest me some pokemons that could round this team well off? I'll probably take Latios aswell. When making a suggestion for a certain pokemon I'd also appreciate any suiting moveset to guide me into the right direction.

Thank you :)
Here's a basic bulky offense team with those mons. :blobthumbsup:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Punch
- Destiny Bond

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Surf
- Psychic

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Use volt-turn to get gengar in safely to break. That mon is broken and has like 0 defensive checks.

Been looking at BDSP Ubers, I really always liked Ho-oh but he seems be pretty bad. No boots, no BB. Anyone got a set you could make work for him?

Anyone used both Espeon and Xatu and got an opinion on which is better as a lead? I've seen people rate espeon higher in viability rankings, and she has significantly better speed/attack, but Xatu looks like it has a substantially bigger bag of utility tricks (and ground immunity).

I am trying to build a hybrid team for Wi-Fi battles and Battle Tower. Doesn't have to be top meta but need some help with that.
For Battle Tower I am considering running:
:politoed: :ludicolo:/:kingdra: :Arcanine: :togekiss:
or
:garchomp: :rotom-wash: :arcanine: :togekiss:

for wifi battle i wanna fill the last two slots between these:
:empoleon: :gliscor: :scizor: :cresselia:

Any suggestions?

Will there be a BDSP OU viability ranking thread anytime soon? Also, are there any plans to have a teambuilding competition thread? if there isn't for the latter then I call dibs UwU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)