Tournament BDSP PU Kickoff Tour - Round 1

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
BDSP PU Kickoff Tour

Welcome to the BDSP PU Kickoff Tour! I'm running this tournament to encourage the metagame development of this tier since PU will not be getting a ladder in the forseeable future.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • BDSP PU format.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • BDSP cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
  • Replays are required for this tournament! This is to help with the development of the metagame. No replays = no win.
Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer the widest range of time possible to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.

These are the matchups for Round 1.

yonitet  vs  5Dots
Jay is decent  vs  Cubic Skunk
fx  vs  waterbend
Descending  vs  SergioRules
Lady Writer  vs  Scarf Kricketune
TBIC106  vs  Bert C
Realistic Waters  vs  giove97
Heracross2.0
 vs  cy
Agentkeval  vs  Sputnik
Snak  vs  AstilCodex
BulbaBrain  vs  SingleAye
Slingshot279  vs  Charredcheese
Danny
 vs  glock in my toyota
Mr.Bossaru  vs  DrMario64
jawabarat  vs  AquaticCarlie
BT89  vs  Agatorian

Well Eve made the announcement anyway in the last thread but yes apologies that Round 1 has to be restarted. I was not aware of the fact that you have to use the smogon bracket maker for tours (been on the site for 6 years and didnt know this) and not using that from the start just messed up the pairings for later rounds. Apologies to the people that actually won their round 1 games but have to redo again.

Round 1 deadline is on May 10th, 11:59pm GMT +1

Last edited:

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
I don't mind this, but why didn't Round 3 have 3 byes? That way, R4 would have 6 players and we would end up with round robin finals.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
I don't mind this, but why didn't Round 3 have 3 byes? That way, R4 would have 6 players and we would end up with round robin finals.
as part of who decided for a redo, we didnt want to arbitrarily give byes to people making someone play one less/one more match with any other solution presented on the table, even if picked a random (someone could point it out as unfair)
this was generally the most "balanced" option

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
not sure if im calling act or asking for an extension but opp only ever said "ill be on" and never followed up on here or on ps, ive tried reaching out twice with no response either time and theyve been on forums since then. i'll let admin decide on how to proceed, just making my efforts known. i also see that their name is bolded in the op, not sure if that was an error or intentional

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Calling act, opponent didn't show up at scheduled time

TTK

Narmaya. That's it.
is a Community Contributor
Activity Wins

yonitet vs 5Dots
TBIC106
vs Bert C
Heracross2.0 vs cy

Coinflips

Realistic Waters vs giove97
1652269881016.png

Agentkeval
vs Sputnik
1652269949562.png

waterbend I will give an extension for your game. When you have to play, I'll post it in round 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)