Resource BDSP OU Sample Teams

agslash23

Banned deucer.
The Real DragMag - with Breloom [3 Dragons]

:ss/Latios: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Dragonite: :ss/Magnezone: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Breloom:

https://pokepast.es/07a603aefd4601ba

I liked the DragMag samples on the main post. But, there was 1 thing I noticed - Both the teams had only 2 Dragons.

Thus, I took it as a challenge to build a DragMag with 3 Dragons, like in older gens (e.g. in BW, we had - https://pokepast.es/9e65d78bea1141b0. This has 4 Dragons, but that's not practical in BDSP OU due to Fairies, Mamoswine and Weavile, so we go for 3 Dragons only)

The squad

:Latios: -> The star of BDSP OU, particularly DragMag, here we are using the Life Orb EQ set here to lure and dent Steel- types that Magnezone cannot trap like Heatran, Jirachi. This opens up the game for its STABs, and, once Fairies are gone, Outrage spam from other Dragons.

:Magnezone: -> Traps Steel- types that annoy our Dragons like Scizor, Skarmory. It's also a strong wall-breaker that can pivot around. EQ Latios + Magnezone delete all Steel- types amongst themselves.

:Garchomp: -> Scarf Garchomp cleans up once other Dragons wallbreak. It appreciates Steel- types removal to spam Outrage once Fairies are out of equation. Stone Edge is preferred over Fire Blast since Skarmory and Tangrowth aren't as difficult to beat as Togekiss is for this team.

:Dragonite: -> I had to decide on the 3rd Dragon, and this was Dragonite. I wanted to use it as a wallbreaker, as Latios + Zone deletes all steels for Dragonite to spam powerful Outrages, hence I went for CB set. Late game, I have found ExtremeSpeed to be very useful to beat chipped Mamoswine and Weavile. Also, Dragonite + Garchomp are really good at breaking down shared checks like Slowbro.

:Jirachi: -> The obligatory glue on DragMag, Jirachi provides plenty of role compression like Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Healing Wish/Thunder Wave, as well as serving as a decent check to problematic stuff for DragMag like opponent Lati@s, Fairy- types like Clefable, Togekiss. Doom Desire is an excellent tool here when it is up, especially after Steel- types are removed, as it discourages Fairies from switching into Dragon STAB, which means that something else takes heavy damage.

:Breloom: -> An unconventional choice on DragMag, Yache Breloom's job here is to lure and eliminate Ice- types like Weavile and Mamoswine that stop DragMag. What makes Breloom a good lure is that the Ice types would always attack Breloom with Ice Shard since Breloom can beat them with Mach Punch, so Yache Berry is guaranteed to save Breloom from an OHKO, so that it can revenge kill them.

Ladder Position

I have reached top 80 on BDSP OU ladder with this team as of now, with further plan to ladder more. (Idk if top 80 is good, but still though that I should mention)

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1549516730
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1549527894

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that the team "Solar Beam Heatran BO by adem" has a wrong spread on Gliscor. The suggested spread 244 HP / 144 Def / 120 Spe with Jolly is strictly dominated by 244 HP / 4 Att / 32 Def / 4 SpD / 224 Spe with Impish.

(I do not claim that my spread is optimal; it is just a proof that the original spread is suboptimal.)

https://pokepast.es/55fa57af12636936

Forgive me if my team analysis is off but Im still new to pokemon competitive battling. This iz my idea of a balanced team, 3 offensive focused pokemon and 3 defensive focused. I was able to get to 1350 rating at my peak but im sure someone else could do better. The main Win con is clearing the challenges to an Alakazam sweep usually things with prio moves or bulky physical sweepers.

(You could also run Latios in this spot to accomplish the same idea) Feraligator is a good speed control who can check physical threats like infernape and Dragons.

Heatran is a key member who can check hard to deal with grass, steel, or fairy types. Force a switch and give massive chip dmg to just about any one with Over Heat and can two shot most neutrals with Flash Cannon. Taunt is there incase the enemy is running Screen users or things packing sticky web like Shuckle or Smeargle.

Alakazam is your main win con. Typically only coming in to finish or ohko something that noone else can check. Energy ball could be subbed for a Nastyplot or something else but I find things like Gastrodon or Marshtomp really do need a grass move to check.

Gliscor is a common lead to try to set up his orb early. He provides a good physically defensive wall and can slow uturn to bring in your offensive checks or Other walls to pester the enemy into swapping out

RotomW is another physically defensive wall but brings more utility and I use him to cripple walls or setup sweepers with trick. Willowwisp is good for choicebanded sweepers and can slow swap into offensive threats with Gliscor.

Blissey makes a solid special wall. Thunderwave is key here for teams running things like Flinch Party Togekiss or Clefable. Stealth rocks are typically only thrown out on a slow play against teams with dragonite or to break sturdies and sashes.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Dont want to be the face of stall so here is a HO i have been trying out for the post latios meta.
:dragonite: :alakazam: :mismagius: :skarmory: :weavile: :suicune:
https://pokepast.es/596d2955cdce281d
:dp/skarmory: Lead with this as long as the opponent isnt an obvious lead Azelf, set hazards, and die trying. Taunt not only stop slow defog and other hazards but also makes sure your stall match up is good as is going to be hard for stall to stop skarm from setting hazards, and if they run bulky starmie use suicune to take advantage.
:dp/dragonite: Extremespeed is cool for revenge killing, but you may save this as a wincon if the opponent doesnt have unaware clefable.
:dp/alakazam: 4 attacks zam is broken, with hazards up you kill 90% of the game as long as fblast doesnt miss
:dp/mismagius: Make the opponent not want to spam rapid spin, if your opponent has blissey this thing can set up and win on the spot.
:dp/weavile: Awesome cleaner, some may call it broken, it pretty much deletes teams without poliwrath or mach punches.
:dp/suicune: Pressure hype, set a sub on something slower that cant break it or dont want to take a scald and your opponent will have a hard time breaking this thing without wasting pp or getting a few mons burned, use it early to wear down the opponent or as a wincon, as it can steal some wins if you cm into sub at the right time.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1579310379
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1579457708

Last edited:
One team I have created of which I am very proud is the following.

This is a hyper offense water team with which I have done reasonably well, reaching the 1500s. I expect that it has a lot of room for potential and as such will keep trying to ladder.

Feraligatr is the star of this team, and is the premier water type sweeper when given the chance to use DD. Even without a boost, it generally powerful enough to take a hit and then retaliate hard. Ice Punch hits Dragonite with enough power to break past multiscale, Crunch destroys psychic types like Starmie, Latias and Azelf and Waterfall is great STAB due to Sheer Force. Feraligatr is my Johto superstar.

Crawdaunt is very slow but VERY powerful. Crabhammer's high critical hit rate combined with Adaptability and Choice Band means that it can do crazy damage against everything that doesn't resist. Aqua Jet is also great at picking off weaker foes and will still do plenty against targets that are chipped by either SR or damage. Knock Off is very dangerous if you get a chance to fire that attack. The last move is filler but I threw on Brick Break to do decent damage to Blissey and break screens though Crabhammer has a small chance to OHKO.

He may be a UU mon, but Gyarados works great for this offensive team, playing as a second Feraligatr but with a Choice Scarf and Moxie. His purpose is that of a revenge killer but he can also be a powerful sweeper that forces the opponent to send out its water checks. This works great at chipping down the opposition so that either Feraligatr or Crawdaunt can break past and it can catch opponents off guard, especially Alakazam players who don't like having their Focus Sash broken. Waterfall is the main move as everything else is just coverage.

Donphan is my lead for this team, going for Knock Off on most occasions which will seriously cripple Gliscor if it comes in before getting poisoned and nothing likes to lose its leftovers. Stealth Rock is essential to get hazards on the field, weakening Dragonite, breaking Sturdy mons and overwise giving good chip damage as your opponent switches due to the threat of the three water mons. I gave Leftovers for longevity purposes while Earthquake is reliable STAB. Can substitute Ice Shard for priority and a way to hit dragons and Custap Berry if you prefer.

Lucario is essential on this team for the purpose of breaking and scaring out Unware Clefable, a mon that overwise provides problems. Life Orb with the given set of Extremespeed, Meteor Mash, Close Combat and Swords Dance helps me weaken down the opposition. Furthermore, E Speed does a good job at revenge killing and will break sashes if worst comes to worse.

Latias is my special wallbreaker who's really just around to break down teams. Soul Dew is my preferred item because while Choice Specs is powerful, being locked into one move often loses momentum for an offensive team like this. Overwise, Psychic, Draco Meteor and Surf are there to hit almost everything. I threw on Thunderbolt for Skarmory and non-scarf Staraptor but you can add healing wish, which doubles as giving one of my offensive mons a second wind. Overall, she provides supporting coverage and is useful for this style.

Weaknesses
1.) Vulnerable to electric types, obviously. Rotom-W can be a problem unless chipped and Scarf Magnezone would be a big threat should I lose my ground types.
2.) I struggle to break past full stall teams because of their inherent bulkiness. Without Lucario, Clefable/Blissey/Skarm core just doesn't die easily.
3.) Screen teams are generally a pain. I considered adding Brick Break to either Crawdaunt instead of Sludge Bomb or even to Lucario for STAB but that really hurts their sets overwise. Screens are irritating, though one could add Defog to Latias to remedy this.
4.) Tangrowth is a big check for three physically based offensive water mons. Latias helps in this regard but can't switch in easily due to risk of Knock Off. Could add Ice Beam to Feraligatr but Ice Punch is better in almost every other scenario.
5.) Bulky waters are menaces.

Definitely open to feedback and how I can improve this team.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1580106892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1580159088-ow67zr4v1lt2ah7ukxmtxs94f9zihddpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1580597718-ty9gdnouzmmgegicyvh5k8zpqqn3xoqpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1580628065
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1710295737-jh53kynoaa1tkfdp3fwf4w5vm5ylxafpw

Last edited:
(...)
Definitely open to feedback and how I can improve this team.
Hi! I totally love your team idea! Imma try playing it myself, with slight variations.

Before I obtain the first-hand experience, there are only two points I can make.
(1) Crawdaunt's Sludge Bomb isn't effective without Life Orb. I'd keep the Choice Band and just replace Sludge Bomb by a fourth physical move. There are several options (Crunch, Waterfall, Superpower, Brick Break). If you want to improve your chances against Tangrowth, you can replace Feraligatr's Ice Punch by Ice Beam.
(2) Latias needs improvement.

This is a hyper offense water team with which I have done reasonably well, reaching the 1500s. I expect that it has a lot of room for potential and as such will keep trying to ladder.

Feraligatr is the star of this team, and is the premier water type sweeper when given the chance to use DD. Even without a boost, it generally powerful enough to take a hit and then retaliate hard. Ice Punch hits Dragonite with enough power to break past multiscale, Crunch destroys psychic types like Starmie, Latias and Azelf and Waterfall is great STAB due to Sheer Force. Feraligatr is my Johto superstar.

Crawdaunt is very slow but VERY powerful. Crabhammer's high critical hit rate combined with Adaptability and Choice Band means that it can do crazy damage against everything that doesn't resist. Aqua Jet is also great at picking off weaker foes and will still do plenty against targets that are chipped by either SR or damage. Knock Off is very dangerous if you get a chance to fire that attack. The last move is filler but I threw in Sludge Bomb for the ever annoying Tangrowth, should it be cocky enough to switch in.

He may be a UU mon, but Gyrados works great for this offensive team, playing as a second Feraligatr but with a Choice Scarf and Moxie. His purpose is that of a revenge killer but he can also be a powerful sweeper that forces the opponent to send out its water checks. This works great at chipping down the opposition so that either Feraligatr or Crawdaunt can break past and it can catch opponents off guard, especially Alakazam players who don't like having their Focus Sash broken. Waterfall is the main move as everything else is just coverage.

Donphan is my lead for this team, going for Knock Off on most occasions which will seriously cripple Gliscor if it comes in before getting poisoned and nothing likes to lose its leftovers. Stealth Rock is essential to get hazards on the field, weakening Dragonite, breaking Sturdy mons and overwise giving good chip damage as your opponent switches due to the threat of the three water mons. I gave Leftovers for longevity purposes while Earthquake is reliable STAB. Can substitute Ice Shard for priority and a way to hit dragons and Custap Berry if you prefer.

Lucario is essential on this team for the purpose of breaking and scaring out Unware Clefable, a mon that overwise provides problems. Life Orb with the given set of Extremespeed, Meteor Mash, Close Combat and Swords Dance helps me weaken down the opposition. Furthermore, E Speed does a good job at revenge killing and will break sashes if worst comes to worse.

Latias is my special wallbreaker who's really just around to break down teams. Soul Dew is my preferred item because while Choice Specs is powerful, being locked into one move often loses momentum for an offensive team like this. Overwise, Psychic, Draco Meteor and Surf are there to hit almost everything. I threw on Thunderbolt for Skarmory and non-scarf Staraptor but you can add healing wish, which doubles as giving one of my offensive mons a second wind. Overall, she provides supporting coverage and is useful for this style.

Weaknesses
1.) Vulnerable to electric types, obviously. Rotom-W can be a problem unless chipped and Scarf Magnezone would be a big threat should I lose my ground types.
2.) I struggle to break past full stall teams because of their inherent bulkiness. Without Lucario, Clefable/Blissey/Skarm core just doesn't die easily.
3.) Screen teams are generally a pain. I considered adding Brick Break to either Crawdaunt instead of Sludge Bomb or even to Lucario for STAB but that really hurts their sets overwise. Screens are irritating, though one could add Defog to Latias to remedy this.
maybe put 16 speed evs on donphan so you outspeed crawdaunt after a rapid spin. i agree with madvorak that the lati set should be change

Latias gets healing wish which is a great option for hyper offence as you can bring back one of your sweepers, for example if feraligatr or gyarados gets burnt or damaged. I'd also consider choice scarf as latias is a great revenge killer. This means you can change gyarados to dragon dance which is much superior in my opinion.

Since this is hyper offence you're probably using Donphan as a suicide lead, so I'd change a couple things. I'd recommend giving it custap berry as it means you can get a free stealth rock / knock off / earthquake before dying. I'd get rid of the defence evs in favour of max attack with adamant nature so you deal as much damage as possible. Max attack donphan is really strong.

You could also consider ice beam on feraligatr to help you vs tangrowth which is a pain for water types.

As I said in the BDSPL thread, I am going to post some of the teams with which we have managed to reach the finals. At the moment I am not going to explain/analyze any of them in depth but I do not rule out doing so in the near future.
I don't think stall teams are outdated (in fact I think they're slightly better now than they were back then) so I'll focus on balance and offense.

Hyper-Offense
:nidoking: :smeargle: :feraligatr: :scizor: :starmie: :tyranitar:
https://pokepast.es/77a3bf1814f97cd7

Offense
:garchomp: :breloom: :rotom-wash: :scizor: :infernape: :alakazam:
https://pokepast.es/e92bae0a88452dd2

Balanced
:clefable: :infernape: :garchomp: :mismagius: :rotom-wash: :scizor:
https://pokepast.es/e9d12d33ea269d40
:lucario: :infernape: :gliscor: :rotom-wash: :latias: :scizor:
https://pokepast.es/dfe98f645c30b056
:suicune: :gliscor: :latias: :roserade: :scizor: :weavile:
https://pokepast.es/d6779776b4327f10

Fat
:skarmory: :gastrodon: :tangrowth: :heatran: :alakazam: :mew:
https://pokepast.es/8de62a2fc262b844

Last edited:
Before you publish the teams to the main post, please, have a look at this.

The teams "double fight finals" and "assurance broken" both have wrong spreads on Gliscor. Both of them are dominated by 252 HP / 4 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 220 Spe with Impish nature. I can't believe that so many top players still get it wrong.

They need to be fixed before making them sample teams.

Before you publish the teams to the main post, please, have a look at this.

The teams "double fight finals" and "assurance broken" both have wrong spreads on Gliscor. Both of them are dominated by 252 HP / 4 Atk / 28 Def / 4 SpD / 220 Spe with Impish nature. I can't believe that so many top players still get it wrong.

They need to be fixed before making them sample teams.
this guy is absolutely right, fixed it

Last edited:
BDSP Premier league Finished.png

Hello everyone its Savouras.

With BDSP Premier League our group and I had the opportunity to come up with many teams and structures that we liked and used for our Tournament games. They ended up working quite well for us as we were able to Win the whole Tournament with the Empoleon Show Team managed by TheKingKarp and Drud
These are all the teams, some we did use and others we didnt but i tested and enjoyed most of these so i thought since that was my last BDSP OU tournament after my overall decent / good runs in Smogon Charity Bowl 2, BDSP Winter Seasonal, BDSP Kickoff Tour and now BDSPL it would be fun to make a 50+ post of the Teams for others who maybe want to use them aswell.

Finally this is the Video where i talk and analyse all my Tournament games in BDSPL on my little youtube channel if you wanna watch that aswell. All the teams are in the Description too:

Hope you like the builds and maybe even my channel, i post Competitive Pokemon content there with teams and guides in all newgen metagames and will definitely be doing that for Gen 9 too.
Anyway heres the pokepaste with all 50 teams: https://pokepast.es/b7835e32f99bdbe8
Im more than happy to explain the thought process and synergies between the Pokemons and Sets for a build u wanna use from my builds above on discord Savouras#8482 and yeah hope u all have a great day, have fun with whatever u doing!

europe.png greece3.png medicham.png

I haven't posted or played in forever so if this isn't competitive enough or still needs some fixes that's fine, but I have a potential submission for Sticky Webs for the Hyper Offense Category. Some of the EVs are probably wrong, I don't know much about competitive spreads atm due to rust and will happily update those.

1657581199689.png
1657581269507.png
1657581319252.png
1657581348265.png
1657581364805.png
1657581389449.png
Obviously you have to be careful to not give up so much tempo you lose to a sweeper lead, but you want to get Shuckle in as soon as possible and get your layers. If you see taunt following up your webs with knock can be a cool play, but that's about it on the Shuckle aspect, pretty basic. I see a team above used Smeargle and it may be worth trying.

The main idea of the team is having a lot of priority spam through BP on Scizor, Mach Punch on Breloom, and Jet on Crawdaunt to snipe off a lot of weaker targets. Scizor, Loom, and Daunt dan all threaten to sweep if given a free turn as well. Mismagius functions really well as a spinblocker, and I have found that I prefer specs for damage.

Garchomp Is the final member of the team, and it is a set I toyed around with quite a bit, at one point Garchomp was actually a DD Dragonite, but I settled on scarf Garchomp as a much needed form of speed control for a big Lati weakness, and I run poison jab over a second dragon STAB because the team is pretty soft to Togekiss.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Thunderbolt

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

https://pokepast.es/9ffeb06bc8fc972b

Full disclosure a lot of the best games this team had that inspired me to dust off this account and make this post didn't get saved, so these replays aren't all the highest quality, but I've spent a lot of time tweaking this team with players smarter than me (Savouras ) and testing. The team is a lot of fun and feels decently strong on the ladder when I'm playing okay.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1615297185-7dl55n8t09ed8dnhytcbykf3bywaqzxpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1615157243-yomc7t715qupqzd9z3dqvsafyaqiq3fpw

The second replay is a slightly older game with a few different sets on a couple of mons but I included it because I still think its a decent example of what the team does with loom and webs.

Last edited:
I haven't posted or played in forever so if this isn't competitive enough or still needs some fixes that's fine, but I have a potential submission for Sticky Webs for the Hyper Offense Category. Some of the EVs are probably wrong, I don't know much about competitive spreads atm due to rust and will happily update those.

Obviously you have to be careful to not give up so much tempo you lose to a sweeper lead, but you want to get Shuckle in as soon as possible and get your layers. If you see taunt following up your webs with knock can be a cool play, but that's about it on the Shuckle aspect, pretty basic. I see a team above used Smeargle and it may be worth trying.

The main idea of the team is having a lot of priority spam through BP on Scizor, Mach Punch on Breloom, and Jet on Crawdaunt to snipe off a lot of weaker targets. Scizor, Loom, and Daunt dan all threaten to sweep if given a free turn as well. Mismagius functions really well as a spinblocker, and I have found that I prefer specs for damage.

Garchomp Is the final member of the team, and it is a set I toyed around with quite a bit, at one point Garchomp was actually a DD Dragonite, but I settled on scarf Garchomp as a much needed form of speed control for a big Lati weakness, and I run poison jab over a second dragon STAB because the team is pretty soft to Togekiss.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Thunderbolt

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

https://pokepast.es/9ffeb06bc8fc972b

Full disclosure a lot of the best games this team had that inspired me to dust off this account and make this post didn't get saved, so these replays aren't all the highest quality, but I've spent a lot of time tweaking this team with players smarter than me (Savouras ) and testing. The team is a lot of fun and feels decently strong on the ladder when I'm playing okay.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1615297185-7dl55n8t09ed8dnhytcbykf3bywaqzxpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1615157243-yomc7t715qupqzd9z3dqvsafyaqiq3fpw

The second replay is a slightly older game with a few different sets on a couple of mons but I included it because I still think its a decent example of what the team does with loom and webs.
This is a great post brother, im happy u doing great with the team!
Hope to see you post more really cool stuff like this

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
Screens Offensive
:SS/Mamoswine: :SS/Feraligatr: :SS/Infernape: :SS/Scizor: :SS/Alakazam: :SS/Latias:

:Mamoswine: - Mamoswine is the suicide lead of the team. It may seem unusual to find freeze dry over crash; although, it allows you to improve matchups vs common water types such as gastrodon.

:Feraligatr: - Feraligatr can create a progress early game depending on the matchup, all the while being capable of cleaning lategame once the opposing team has been worn down. Feraligatr forms a great offensive core with scizor and mixed infernape as it allows you break past most defensive cores in the metagame.

:Infernape: - Infernape is your main wallbreaker in the team. It forms a strong offensive core with spdef sd scizor as it allows you to create momentum and cycle back to infernape to create progress as it typically eliminates any defensive cores in the metagame such as gliscor tran and growth as +2 overheat 0hkos gliscors, and 2hk0s clefables. +2 Grass knot on the other hand 0hkos slowbro and quagsire which practically invalidates stall matchups, while +2 focus blast deletes rotom wash as well as defensive chomp. However, Is it often hindered by faster threats such as alakazam, and common scarfers such as staraptor, infernape, latias and rotom wash. Setting up is not always a necessity as it can create progress all the while being unboosted. Lastly, Although, Life orb eventually wears it down, Latias screens + healing wish sets improves it longevity.

:Scizor: - Specially defensive scizor improves Alakazam matchups and forces it out with turn which allows you to cycle through your breakers.

:Alakazam: - Alakazam is incredibly strong in the metagame as of now. Nasty plot set allows you to break past common defensive cores with the exception of unaware clefable as it comfortably tanks psyshock with protect and leftovers recovery. This however can be improved, although, is unnecessary as psyshock becomes more arguably valuable due to cm. Everything else is basically self explanatory.

:Latias: - Screens set is the whole foundation of this offensive team. Latias drastically improves certain unfavourable matchups with screens + healing wish set. Often times you will find yourself wishing back to feraligatr or infernape in order to clean lategame. Keeping screens up is extremely important as it often grants your team the opportunity to set up and improves their overall survivability against certain threats. For example, +2 kazam is often hindered by banded users who are capable of 0hkoing it such as dragonite with espeed, and scizor, azu, crawdaunt with aqua jet.​

Last edited:
azelf.pngferaligatr.pngazumarill.pnglucario.pngclefable.pngweavile.png
Double Water Trickery

https://pokepast.es/70b06ec29643059b

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1640558641
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1643501953-qn5qs7osyxf88c56uqz8ekyrcgynkunpw

Hello, this is my first Smogon post! I'm prepping in OU for an upcoming custom tourney that includes the BDSP Nat Dex, with every player being limited to a mix of only two 556-600 Base Stat mons or pseudo-legendaries (even if they are below 556 Base Stat.) I got to 31st on the BDSP OU leaderboard with this team.

Azelf lead usually always, to set up rocks, or Taunt. Best case scenario you get to use Taunt, Stealth Rock, Reflect, and Explosion in that order. After that setup is finished, you turn super aggressive with many options from Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azu, Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Sashed Nasty Plot Lucario, to Expert Belt Weavile. Clef also somehow provides an aggressively defensive build, with Cosmic Power boosting you up to not get 2HKO'd, then Moonlighting back up to full HP. The more I play, the more straightforward it seems; just setup, power through everything with strong mons including your weaknesses/counters, and once they're cleared, make sure you have something in the back that can sweep whatever's left, usually Azu or Feraligatr.

Things I've had to look out for:

Wash-Rotom, especially with Choice Scarf
Extreme Speed Dragonite Lead
Lead Donphan (Donphan presents a tough Turn 1 question of which move to use. If you lead Taunt to prevent their Stealth Rock but they Knock Off, you will probably get Ice Shard'ed and can't get up rocks. If you Stealth Rock and they Stealth Rock, your Sash on Lucario becomes useless.)
Lead Breloom (Presents a similar question as Donphan but with Spore/Bullet Seed as opposed to Stealth Rock/Knock Off.)

If you can get Explode a Donphan or even put up rocks and use (usually) Feraligatr to Dragon Dance, Waterfall after Azelf is KO'd, you're down switch advantage but Wash-Rotom usually comes out next and gets hit hard by Crunch, or even Waterfall if you want to chance getting the flinch. Lucario is a nice third pick after Fera because not only can you get a Nasty Plot off and perhaps even get Will-O-Wisp'ed, but you can KO the Wash-Rotom and hit the next mon hard, barring it doesn't have Mach Punch, and if it does, Azu looks great to sweep after that if they do. I think Special Attack Lucario is a nice twist on this team, even if it isn't a huge surprise. Clef is also a threat to this team but our Clef usually wins the mirror because of Thunder Wave. This team is very fast and very strong with good priority moves and I've had a lot of fun with it.

I've gotten on at least one leaderboard for every different gen (mostly Random Team Formats), and am really happy that I could sneak on this one before my tournament. I've never been a very good team builder, so after seeing everyone's cool teams and experimenting with different versions, I was really proud to come up with something that ended up being pretty cool. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Heracross - Togekiss ParaSpam Offense

:ss/Heracross: :ss/Togekiss: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Rotom-Wash: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Starmie:

https://pokepast.es/36162120fd528c77

:Heracross: - I made a VR post about Heracross 4 months ago (I also believe that my nomination was the reason for its rise in VR) , because I loved the fact that it could demolish Stall and Balance teams (in other words, anything slower than it) rather easily. Thus, this is an Offense team built around Heracross and stuff that can support Heracross really well.

:Togekiss: - As speed control is the best counterplay against Heracross, I then decided to go for a Pokemon that can Paralyze opponents for Heracross early game, then act as a deadly late-game sweeper thanks to Heracross' wall-breaking early game. I decided to try out bulky Togekiss as it ticked both boxes. Like Heracross, it is an underrated Pokemon in the metagame as it is a great check to Breloom, most Dragon types (Garchomp in particular), acts as one of the better soft checks to opponent Heracross, and can annoy passive foes thanks to ParaFlinch. It also has good bulk that lets it survive 1 hit from breakers like Infernape, Alakazam, Latias and paralyze them in return.

:Garchomp: - Now that we have 2 Pokemon that take care of bulky archetypes, I needed a cleaner that has a great matchup versus Offense. This was Scarf Garchomp, as it provides great speed control combined with good power that appreciates Heracross chipping stuff like Clefable, Gliscor, and Skarmory early game.

:Rotom-Wash: - Now that we have the core of breaker, sweeper, and cleaner, we now need pivots to bring them in safely. Rotom-W is one of the best in that regard. It runs a bulky set here to check threats like Feraligatr, Starmie, Infernape, Weavile. First 3 attacks are obvious. However, Discharge is chosen in the 4th slot to spread even more paralysis, and to hit stuff with Electric moves while staying in (needed vs Feraligatr, Azumarill, Togekiss).

:Jirachi: - Jirachi provides a lot of role compression - Steel typing, pivoting, Stealth Rock, Weavile lure and Healing Wish. The latter is extremely important here, as it brings back Heracross and Starmie to full health after they are chipped by Burns and Life Orb respectively. It also allows Garchomp to switch in more freely to block Volt Switch from Rotom-W, and reduces fear of Spore from Breloom.

:Starmie: - Finanlly, we need a Hazard remover, Infernape check, and a Special wallbreaker. Starmie is the best choice here (although Latias is a decent choice as well on this slot, Starmie has better coverage and I like Rapid Spin more).

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1640062245-7fhdvrp47usjmd6m4jpha4w7svbcmn0pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1640027695-fpnbzf38h4tph0kos2xskxqj2ndkyz4pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1640014814-3e6k2wpakz1ynj4cb63724qfd8jm244pw

Nasty plot lucario > calm mind
The standard set is with swords dance, however. You can try Life orb on nasty plot, too.
I dont see a reason to CM with Luc over Nasty Plot. Every pokemon with the status of OU and has a base 100 Spatk all hurt it too much with an exception of standard Physdef Tangrowth even after a 1 boost. All it does is it trades in Lucarios instant KO power to a turn where u just setup and potentially still being froced out as all 1 boost does it turns lucs Bad Bulk into meh/ok when u could boost with plot or hit on the switch instead.

I dont see a reason to CM with Luc over Nasty Plot. Every pokemon with the status of OU and has a base 100 Spatk all hurt it too much with an exception of standard Physdef Tangrowth even after a 1 boost. All it does is it trades in Lucarios instant KO power to a turn where u just setup and potentially still being froced out as all 1 boost does it turns lucs Bad Bulk into meh/ok when u could boost with plot or hit on the switch instead.
i changed it! definitely makes way more sense to have nasty plot, thanks!

igiveuponaname

A face in a cloud no trace in the crowd.
is a Community Contributor
Tyranitar Sand Balance
If this isn't actually balance feel free to correct me.

:ss/tyranitar: :ss/heatran: :ss/scizor: :ss/garchomp: :ss/alakazam: :ss/milotic:
https://pokepast.es/85bd04e004c31418

I made this team earlier this week and have found success with it on the ladder, so I thought I'd share it on here. As of the time that this is written, I'm currently sitting at 49th on the ladder with 1555 points thanks to this team.

Overview
When I was making this team, I was working around the idea to use Tyranitar's sand in order to wear down the opposing team for my offensive threats while being resilient to sand myself. Thus, I built my team around an offensive core of Garchomp and Alakazam, since both are immune to sand and are able to take down each others checks and counters. Since I was planning on using sand, I obviously added Tyranitar afterwards, and then focused on my team's defensive backbone. I chose Scizor, Heatran, and Milotic to be the defensive backbone of the team, since the first two are both immune to sand and were useful defensively for the team. Milotic was used to patch up the team's defensive weaknesses, which I'll explain later.

Team Members

:tyranitar:: When making the team I knew immediately I wanted Tyranitar to be my team's rocker, since it's able to threaten common defoggers Gliscor and Scizor with Ice Beam and Fire Blast respectively. I decided to simply take the Stealth Rock sample set since it fit my needs perfectly and I wasn't in the mood to do the exact EVs myself. It has enough speed to outspeed uninvested Scizor to be able to hit it with Fire Blast, which only needs a bit of chip damage to be put into range of being KO'd by Fire Blast. Same applies to Gliscor, though to a lesser extent versus SpDef sets, which can Roost stall Ice Beam. Crunch and the attack investment is for STAB and to threaten other defoggers like Latias and Mew, as well as Rapid Spin Starmie. The rest goes into HP and SpDef for general hit taking purposes.

:heatran:: Despite running an offensive set, I chose Heatran for it's defensive qualities against mons such as Scizor, Clefable, and Togekiss to name a few. Flame Body was chosen in order to attempt to burn Scizor's trying to U-Turn out of the match, though this does make the opposing Heatran match up worse. For the moves I chose the classic Magma Storm + Taunt + Earth Power combo since it lets Heatran trap mons such as Clefable and Blissey which would otherwise prove troublesome for the team's offensive core. Overheat was chosen mainly for the fact that it can KO Gliscor after Magma Storm, even SpDef sets. Otherwise it was chosen for a more powerful and more accurate fire move.

:scizor:: I chose Scizor to be the team's Defogger, so I went with a SpDef spread that let it check mons that the team would have trouble switching into otherwise, such as Alakazam and Specs Latias. Thus Scizor has more opportunities to Defog away the hazards that the opposing team has set. On top of that, it's slow U-Turn helps bring in Garchomp and Alakazam as safely as possible, thus being able to keep up the pressure on the opposing team. I went with a Sassy nature and 30 speed IVs in order to get a slower U-Turn than other minus speed nature Scizor. In essence, it's your basic SpDef Scizor set.

:garchomp:: The first of the team's offensive core, I chose Garchomp because of its great STAB combination, sand immunity, and speed. Sand nullifying Leftovers recovery in conjunction with Stealth Rocks helps Chomp break past its checks and counters easier than it would be able to otherwise. While one would think that an SD set would fit best on this team, I chose to give my Garchomp a Choice Scarf instead. I found that the team was lacking in speed and would otherwise have troubles against opposing Scarfers and speed boosting setup sweepers like DD Dragonite, and that Scarf Garchomp patched these holes nicely. Choice Scarf also allows Garchomp to be an excellent cleaner late game once the opposing team is worn down sufficiently. For its moveset, I chose the basic EQ + Outrage combo for high BP STAB moves, Dual Chop for a low commitment dragon type STAB option that also breaks Focus Sash on the likes of Alakazam, and Stone Edge in order to hit the likes of Togekiss who would otherwise wall this set.

:alakazam:: The second half of the team's offensive core, I chose Alakazam due to its immunity to passive damage, high speed, and great special attacking prowess. I find that Zam works well alongside Chomp due to its ability to greatly threaten Chomp's checks and counters like Clefable and Slowbro. With a Nasty Plot Life Orb 3 attacks set, Zam is the team's wallbreaker, weakening and breaking past walls so that Scarf Garchomp can clean up late game. Life Orb was chosen over Focus Sash because I felt that the team's defensive core was strong enough that the security provided by Focus Sash wasn't worth the power drop of not running Life Orb. Nasty Plot was chosen to break past the opposing team's walls even easier, and I felt that running Psyshock over Nasty Plot wasn't really worth it since that move only hits Blissey decently anyways. Alakazam can have trouble with SpDef Scizor and Blissey, of course, which is why I paired it with the aforementioned Heatran.

:milotic:: The final member of the team, I wanted something that could deal with the likes of Weavile, Feraligatr, BD Azumarill, and bulky setup sweepers, since those were the teams major defensive weak point. I had decided that a bulky water type would be a good fit for this role, but I had not originally chosen Milotic. I had originally chosen a PhysDef Gastrodon with Clear Smog to deal with these mons, since it was also immune to sand. On top of that, its immune to water and electric, making it an amazing counter to Rotom-Wash. I kept Gastrodon since it worked very well, but I changed it to Milotic earlier today since it did Gastrodon's job better, due to an Ice neutrality for Weavile, access to Haze which has more PP than Clear Smog and bypasses Substitute, as well as higher SpDef to check Nidoking which the team struggled with otherwise. The set has 8 speed EVs in order to outspeed Belly Drum Azu and Haze away its boosts, with everything else put into HP and Defense. Ice Beam is on the set in order to hit grass and dragon types, while also hitting Gliscor harder than Scald. While Milotic is the sole team member affected by sand, I find that it fits the team much better than Gastrodon did.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1649731127
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1649638618

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)