BDSP OU Analysis Discussion

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Feel free to discuss any potential changes to sets and any additions/removals that should be made to currently uploaded analyses.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
I noticed that the Dragonite, Azumarill, Feraligatr and Starmie analyses are all complete, but no-one has uploaded them. (Dragonite's analysis has been put in the CMS queue but not uploaded). All have had Latias mentions removed, and I would assume that the metagame has settled down enough now that minor changes needed can be done, so would it be possible for a moderator to upload them?

In terms of QC mods, I think that Tuthur, Xilefi, and TyCarter should be added to QC since all three of them are now BDSP subforum mods and are knowledgeable about the tier (Tuthur is now the tier leader in fact).

Lalaya should be removed following their departure from Smogon, and Eve should be re-examined since she is no longer tier leader of BDSP and doesn't really interact in the BDSP Discord or on the forum.

Would also love to see some of the analyses (Infernape, Mamoswine) finished but I think that's just a common issue of GP'ing.

I'm also 99% sure Skarmory can be uploaded unless there's something that needs to be done w/ that since it has 2/2 QC and 1/1 GP.
Edit: should probably remove mentions of Latios in the Skarm analysis before uploading

Last edited:
Just taking a look at the state of BDSP C&C right now (a little under 2 years after the game came out):

The following Pokemon have published analyses that mention Latios, who is currently banned, and needs to be updated:
- Blissey
- Lucario
- Magnezone
- Nidoking
- Rotom-Wash
- Scizor
- Weavile

Edit 10/28/2023: All of these except for Blissey and Latios have been updated. Blissey and Lucario require a bit of a rewrite (Blissey a small one, Lucario a larger one since it contains a damage calculation).

Taking a look at the analyses already queued:
- [QC 0/2] Heatran - Nobody has actually commented on this thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if adem has completely forgotten about this analysis.
- [QC 0/2] Slowbro - The last time ATowerFalledXD logged in to Smogon was July 2022, but the first QC was given in August. I think someone else needs to take over this analysis.
- [QC 1/2] Crawdaunt - Has received the first QC from Savouras, but needs the second QC and the GP.
- [GP 0/1] Infernape - Nobody from GP has looked at this analysis, although nowadays the GP Team has a bot which you can ping on Smogon to get them to look at the analysis.
- [GP 0/1] Mamoswine - Same deal as Infernape, except that james boter hasn't logged in since July 2022, so someone will need to take over to implement the changes.
- [WIP] Gliscor - Not entirely sure what happened to this thread, but it seems as though it's been QC'd but the QC people aren't happy with moving forward with this analysis. It also doesn't help that H momento hasn't logged in to since March 2023.
- Latias - Is just done, should be marked as such or moved into the requisite archival subforum.

Other Pokemon that (IMO) deserve analyses to be written:
- Gliscor
- Celebi
- Suicune
- Mew
- Staraptor
- Azelf
- Tyranitar

I also don't think that it would be bad to write mini-analyses for these Pokemon and other Pokemon (except for Gliscor), since they aren't as metagame-defining as many of the Pokemon already written.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)