Resource BBP Bug and Feedback Thread - Generation 9 Edition!

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Deleting the other post as it was moved to a more appropriate spot, but a couple other things to bring up:

The new speed tie rules don't appear to be defined anywhere.

Section 10.2 Combination Moves doesn't seem to have anything detailing how much Energy is needed for a combo to pass the Cost Check (didn't see anything in 8.3b Cost Check either).

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
gen 9 data audit:

water shuriken's effect text mentions arm thrust

swallow's effect text says "if the user's hp, or if the user has no stockpile counters, this move fails", which i assume should be "if the user's hp is full"

strength sap lowers attack stage before calculating the amount of hp to heal, meaning it recovers 2 less hp than it would otherwise. this isn't how it works in-game so i'm reasonably sure it's unintended

smokescreen's effect text mentions smog

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
a couple more:

storm drain and lightning rod say "When an order to perform a [Water/Electric]-type action is received by a Pokemon: That order is redirected to the user." as written, i'm pretty sure these also redirect the user's own actions, making say lightningrod users unable to target opponents with their stab.

ice ball's effect text mentions rollout

spotlight has no effect text

Section 8 of the PHB uses the terms "attacker" and "is attacking" to refer to the user of all actions, not just attacks, which seems like it will cause a lot of confusion. Additionally, if I'm reading things right, Infatuation as currently written does nothing, because according to 8.7, we don't say "[attacker] is attacking [defender]" until after the accuracy check succeeds, and prior to that point the only things that are defined in that way are "the attacker" and that the attacker is in the process of "attacking".

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
PCT/Handbook: Meltan, Enamorus, and Chromera appear to be missing from the forbidden starting Pokemon list.

DAT: Double Iron Bash doesn't have the #Punch tag (could be intentional deviation from cart but idk).

At present I don't think that Recycle recycles fully consumed items such as Berries or Weak Pol. It replenishes uses of held items but does not restore consumed consumables, and I don't think in Gen 9 there are any items that are partially consumed.

Fling currently lacks text about what happens with non-consumable items. Handbook only has text for "Consumed", "Dropped" and "Destroyed" items and Fling uses "Thrown".

I'm bringing up this one again, mostly because I just want to know if its intentional or not- Charge Beam currently costs 6EN, 1 greater than its BAP and also than the Sluggish threshold. This seems odd to me when Power-Up Punch which only has 1 less BAP, but also a 100% Stat increase chance only costs 4, and Trailblaze (which albeit is a speed, not a damage boost) has the same BAP, perfect effect chance and costs only 4 as well.

DAT – Moves:
  • Body Press's clause on applying Attack-modifying effects to its user's Defense is missing.
  • Last Respects's BAP is linked to the number of Fainted allies on the user's team; this is a deviation from its on-cartridge version, which is linked to the number of times the user's allies have fainted.
DAT – Types: The Ice-type's immunity to Sheer Cold is missing.

DAT – Abilities: Supreme Overlord's effect is linked to the number of Fainted allies on the user's team; this is a deviation from its on-cartridge version, which is linked to the number of times the user's allies have fainted.

Gen 9.0 Movelist Resource:
  • Torterra's movepool is missing Sleep Powder and Headlong Rush (Legends: Arceus Level-Up).
  • Infernape's movepool is missing Double-Edge and Raging Fury (Legends: Arceus Level-Up).
  • Empoleon's movepool is missing Roost and Wave Crash (Legends: Arceus Level-Up).

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
(DAT)

Guts and Flare Boost have the text: "The power of the user's attacks can't be reduced by Burn."

Yet the Burn condition has the text: "While the subject is attacking with a physical action: The subject's Attack rank is halved (x0.5)."

Burn doesn't cause a power reduction, so this line on Guts and Flare Boost doesn't really do what it's supposed to, which seems unintentional.

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
(DAT)

Beat Up seems to have a couple of oversights, particularly related to this line: "Beat Up's total BAP is equal to half (x0.5) the total Attack rank of the user and each of their trainer's unfainted Benched Pokemon, rounded down."

1. This excludes any allies on the field with the Beat Up user in Doubles+ formats.
2. Since a mon needs to see the field first to be considered Benched, mons who are only In Reserve can't contribute to Beat Up's BAP.

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
DAT - Conditions:
The Sun weather has this line: "Pokemon in play are unaffected by Freeze and by Chill markers.", which I can only assume is meant to be Frost markers instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)