Tournament Battle Stadium Singles Cartridge Tournament I [Playoffs] (won by: Ahsung!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Battle Stadium Singles Cartridge Tournament I
Welcome to the first edition of the Battle Stadium Singles cartridge tour! In this exciting new addition to the 2021 BSS Circuit, players will compete in four friendly competitions hosted on in-game Sword and Shield for a spot in the top 8 playoffs. Once in playoffs, players will play a single-elimination bracket on Pokémon Showdown so that replays can be posted for posterity. Good luck and let's have some epic gaming!

Tournament Dates and Times:
  • Tour #1: Friday, August 13 @ 8-11 PM EDT (GMT-4)​
  • Tour #2: Sunday, August 15 @ 2-5 PM EDT (GMT-4)​
  • Tour #3: Saturday, August 21 @ 8-11 PM EDT (GMT-4)​
  • Tour #4: Sunday, August 22 @ 2-5 PM EDT (GMT-4)​

Tournament Format:
  • Four 3-hour long friendly competitions hosted on Nintendo Switch. See below for sign-up info!​
    • Friendly competitions have a cap of 25 battles for the 3 hour duration of the competition. Each competition is effectively a short ladder tour with the top 2 players in each "cycle" moving on to the playoffs​
    • These competitions will use the new Series 10 ruleset. This will be the first Smogon tournament featuring Series 10 battles!​
  • Playoffs:
    • The top 2 players from each cycle will advance to a single-elimination bracket
    • Seeds will be determined by highest final ELO from the friendly comps (i.e. someone with a score of 1612 from Tour #3 will be seeded higher than someone with a score of 1605 in Tour #1)
    • Starting in semi-finals, sets will be best-of-5 instead of best-of-3
  • BSSC Scoring:
    • Individual Friendly Competition Scoring
      • Participation = 2 points
      • Top 10 Finish = 4 points
      • 1st & 2nd Place: 6 points
    • Each win in playoffs will be worth 2 CP, with a 1 CP finals bonus.
How to Sign Up:
  • Post "in" in this thread along with your in-game name on Sword and Shield! This is important for matching up cartridge results to Smogon accounts.
  • Due to the poor design of Friendly Competition tournament hosting restrictions, you will only be able to sign up for one tour at a time.
    • Play in the tour!
    • At the conclusion of that day's tournament, check this thread for the Competition ID for the next tour and sign up for the next day's!
How to Register on SwSh:
  1. Open the X menu and select the VS button to open the Victory Station main menu
  2. Click on the Battle Stadium button to connect to the internet and enter Battle Stadium
  3. Click on the Online Competitions button.
  4. Click Search Friendly Competitions.
  5. Select Enter an ID and put in the tournament code (see the second post in this thread)
  6. You should be taken to a screen showing a tournament named Smogon Cart Tour #1/2/3/4. Press A to enter and confirm your entry. That's it!
Once the Competition Starts:
  1. Return to Battle Stadium and select Online Competitions
  2. You will see a new option called Participate in a Friendly Competition. Select this.
  3. Select Battle once the tour begins to pick your team and start playing. Good luck!

I know this is a lot of information, feel free to DM me on here or Discord if you have questions!

Last edited:

chemcoop

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
Tournament ID Codes and Results
Tournament 1:

ID Code: 1PBXV8DP1
Results:

1. chemcoop - 1560
  2. greilmercenary9 - 1545
321A5D01-A49B-4A3F-88D2-AE48D51BE283.jpeg

188250CB-5570-41A5-9FE4-7A5967756370.jpeg

8403E27E-117F-48B8-A372-0E277F3FF3AF.jpeg

Tournament 2:

ID Code: 15M28Y07K
Results:

1. CryingMan - 1558
  2. KevDev - 1486
72637116-FCAD-4589-B498-680290CFA06F.jpeg

Tournament 3:

ID Code: 00XVDN5MY
Results:

1. Ahsung - 1603
  2. backmareep - 1558
1A4FF38C-8B7A-4D52-B299-C3F3D56C7EF8.jpeg

3F2EBFD2-5678-456F-B277-18D67C223061.jpeg

C00E2727-CD5D-4EA4-A371-3845453EB665.jpeg

Tournament 4:

ID Code: 2POJBXTDT
Results:

1. Kiby - 1560
  2. marilli - 1515
B3DA9BAF-632A-4F9B-87C0-057FED9221BC.jpeg

Last edited:

chemcoop

Community Leader
thanks to everyone who played tonight! Unfortunately due to poor Battle Stadium design, I can't create another tour for tomorrow (Saturday) due to it already being Saturday GMT. Instead of Tour #2 being held Saturday, Aug 14 from 2-5 PM EDT, it will now be Sunday, Aug 15 from 2-5 PM EDT (GMT-4)! Results for Tour #1 will be up as soon as available.

Registration for that tour is now open, and the code is: 15M28Y07K

As a reminder since this caused some confusion today, you MUST register on cart before the tournament start time, otherwise you will be unable to enter once it is underway! See everyone on Sunday!

EDIT: no need to post "in" again, I just need it once to have a list of everyone's IGN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)