Tournament Battle Stadium Premier League V - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

WEEK 1
<<Spreadsheet>>
<<Scheduling Sheet>>

:mudbray: Paniola Ranch Ponies (4) - (2) Saffron Side Pups :kangaskhan-mega:
BSS: 1_TrickPhony vs cant say
BSS: greilmercenary9 vs Cynara
BSD: TheLoanRanger vs umbreon098
BSD: AuraRayquaza vs LightScreener
SM: Monsareeasy vs Puff Killa
Classic: Ika Ika Musume vs kaori

:aegislash: Castelia Cavaliers (3) - (3) Houston Stealth Rockets :golurk:
BSS: blinkboy vs Solerme
BSS: Finchinator vs Coconut
BSD: marilli vs Mr.GX
BSD: Demantoid vs calvonix
SM: zaaya vs chemcoop
Classic: Megazard vs NOVED

:blaziken-mega: Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (4) - (2) Ecruteak Shadow Ballers :gengar:
BSS: Egor vs The Squash
BSS: kamikaze vs 11oyd
BSD: stax vs EmbCPT
BSD: Memoric vs Mishimono
SM: qsns vs Jmal98
Classic: Psynergy vs average fella

All games besides Classic are TEAMLOCKED best-of-threes. Please open all three games with the same team BEFORE starting game 1.
You are allowed to bring different Pokemon at team preview for each game.
Game 1 format of Classic must be agreed upon, or SM BSS otherwise. Loser of G1 gets to select the format for G2.

PLEASE SAVE AND POST REPLAYS!

DEADLINE: Sunday March 29th, 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
predix

:mudbray: Paniola Ranch Ponies (4) - (2) Saffron Side Pups :kangaskhan-mega:
BSS: 1_TrickPhony vs cant say: cs seemed frustrated with SS BSS. it's a surprise to see him start here instead of classic; with 3 people whose preferred format is classic, cs likely took 1 for the team here.
BSS: greilmercenary9 vs Cynara: u gotta bold greil
BSD: AuraRayquaza vs LightScreener
SM: Monsareeasy vs Puff Killa
Classic: Ika Ika Musume vs kaori. ika definitely has a knowledge advantage over these 3 metas. it's finally time to see if he can execute.

:blaziken-mega: Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (3) - (3) Ecruteak Shadow Ballers :gengar:
BSS: Egor vs The Squash
BSS: kamikaze vs 11oyd
BSD: stax vs EmbCPT gotta bold edu but this is gonna be a great 1 to watch
BSD: Memoric vs Mishimono
SM: qsns vs Jmal98
Classic: Psynergy vs average fella

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Castelia Cavaliers (2) - (4) Houston Stealth Rockets
BSS: blinkboy vs Solerme Lost in time is that blinkboy beat solerme in some tour in battle stadium. Solerme hasnt tried too too hard this new gen but I think he turns on the jets for BSPL and we start seeing more growthespeon around the PS room.
BSS: Finchinator vs Coconut: uh smog ppl who knows, bolded bigger name
BSD: marilli vs Mr.GX: Closest set here, marilli having more DOU high level matches and Gx struggling a bit there (albeit against really tough opponents) gives the tiniest of edges to Marilli.
BSD: Demantoid vs calvonix No clue here, think demantoid might be low in activity so ill give it to the VGC guy.
SM: zaaya vs chemcoop: Probably the highlight set of the week, time to see if chem's hibernation pays off. Could see either of these guys being a bit rusty to start with.
Classic: Megazard vs NOVED I think NOVED will bounce back and have a huge statement win vs MZ. He got a bit unlucky a lot of last year and law of averages should see him get more wins than last year.

Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (3) - (3) Ecruteak Shadow Ballers
BSS: Egor vs The Squash: Egor has been able to use top tier mons to a high placing in open, I expect he will outperform squash, but we will see.
BSS: kamikaze vs 11oyd: Haven't seen much from either, but Im curious to see if kami can justify his price tag. No matter what, he will outperform BSPL II, so congratz already.
BSD: stax vs EmbCPT Im probably gonna bold edu every week until proven otherwise. Thanks for the teams on trainertower lol. Doubles game of the week, though, should be a great one. Stax is no slouch.
BSD: Memoric vs Mishimono. Unsure if memo is up to date with new gens doubles, but with the doubles braintrust here I'm sure he will find a groove and should be a slight favorite over mishi, maybe?
SM: qsns vs Jmal98: I think jmal is a better fit for classic, but this is a good matchup to be in
Classic: Psynergy vs average fella: Really smart player with old gens (at least 7/6) where he is considered elite, idk if AF can keep up. That being said, old gens is pretty random sometimes, so this isnt a forgone conclusion.

Ika predicts:

:aegislash: Castelia Cavaliers (2) - (3) Houston Stealth Rockets :golurk:
BSS: blinkboy vs Solerme - Solerme definitely has the experience edge in teamlock, however I'm not sure how much SWSH BSS he has played. My gut says Solerme will likely win unless he has his traditional terrible luck. Blinkboy does have potential though. A tough matchup either ways.
BSS: Finchinator vs Coconut - Neither of these guys have any BSPL or BSS experience, I'm just going to bold Finch here because he has more accolades on Smogon in general. This will be a good opportunity for both to grow into the slot without having to play a 3v3 main from the rip and for others to evaluate how their performance in other tiers adapts to BSS.
BSD: marilli vs Mr.GX - I think it's really close and I hate to vote against my boy Mew Mew, but I think Marilli might have a slight edge and has been playing a bit better recently as well as Mr.Gx not being a fan of SWSH from my convos. That being said, Mr.Gx could easily win this.
BSD: Demantoid vs calvonix - I don't personally know Calvonix and I'm not that knowledgeable about the quality of the doubles scene beyond the basics but I've heard good things, I'm going to call this one a toss up depending on who shows up and this match will probably decide whether its a draw or the rockets win on a theoretical level.
SM: zaaya vs chemcoop - A cool matchup here, both super elite USUM BSS players which should make this a good one to watch. Zaaya always brings the most baller teams that are almost USUM OU like, but I think he's been in a bit of a tour slump recently. Chem is rusty, but I think he has a slight advantage.
Classic: Megazard vs NOVED - A super hype series with two of the best old school players in the league. I think what will really decide it is USUM BSS, which I think is both of these guy's weakest tier. If this was a pure GBU or ORAS series, I might bold Megazard's name, but I think Noved has a bit more experience and familiarity with BSS in general and that edges it.

:blaziken-mega: Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (3) - (3) Ecruteak Shadow Ballers :gengar:
BSS: Egor vs The Squash - I'm bolding Egor here. I don't think he's significantly better than The Squash or anything, I just think he's probably played more of the tier and that gives him an edge.
BSS: kamikaze vs 11oyd - 11oyd generally underperforms relative to his ladder results in tournament play, however there is no doubt that he probably has already racked up several thousand games in SWSH BSS. I just think that edge is too great even though 3 years ago undoubtedly I'd be highlighting Kami.
BSD: stax vs EmbCPT - This is a match and a half, looking forward to catching this one live. Probably the two best doubles players in the field going at it. Edu is Edu though so it is really difficult to predict against him.
BSD: Memoric vs Mishimono - Really close matchup, I kinda think that Memoric is going to win. Not a huge expert on either of these guys though and it could definitely go the other way.
SM: qsns vs Jmal98 - I wouldn't say that Jmal is the strongest pure USUM player, but he's probably better than qsns. Just the experience edge and knowing niche interactions will have Jmal really comfortable in this series as long as he puts effort into his building.
Classic: Psynergy vs average fella - Psynergy is the favourite here, Average Fella is a solid enough player to the point I even recommended him to the Farseers in BSPL III, but I'd say Psynergy is probably a tier above. Fella may actually avoid GBU in this matchup if he wants. Ofc this is bss so anything can happen.

Last edited:
Paniola Ranch Ponies (4) - (1) Saffron Side Pups
BSS: 1_TrickPhony vs cant say - i think 1tp really knows what he's doing this gen, cant say does too but not at the same level & i hear he hates this gen so gotta edge him out here
BSS: greilmercenary9 vs Cynara - if greil loses this i will have to start bolding cynara a lot after this week
BSD: AuraRayquaza vs LightScreener - 2 former helmets, cant decide!
SM: Monsareeasy vs Puff Killa - also 2 former helmets! but puff killa is too good lol sorry arctic
Classic: Ika Ika Musume vs kaori - ika takes his building super seriously and is a super expert at 2/3 gens in classic, i'll probably give him the edge in most classic matchups

Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (3) - (3) Ecruteak Shadow Ballers
BSS: Egor vs The Squash - idk egor very well but it seems like he's good since most guys have bolded him and i was tempted to follow the train but my gut believes in the squash!
BSS: kamikaze vs 11oyd - i have so much faith in kamikaze, i will actually go as far as to predict a 2-0 here
BSD: stax vs EmbCPT - edu is good
BSD: Memoric vs Mishimono - idk dubs but im figuring each of these teams has to win at least 1 game, just a gut feeling
SM: qsns vs Jmal98 - this was actually the hardest to pick for me, as good as i think jmal is qsns could pull this one out
Classic: Psynergy vs average fella - i think psynergy will win SM for sure, and then manage to come through in 2 hair pulling games against swagger thundurus & klefki, possibly a glalie or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)