Battle Spot Twitch Streams

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
approved by cant say

banner or art TBD

I will be hosting Battle Spot streams in the future on the Smogon Twitch channel www.twitch.tv/smogonu

This thread will serve as a hub to announce future streams, take suggestions from you guys for teams/Pokemon you want to see in action, or for you guys to announce your own Battle Spot streams that you will be doing on your own channels! If you are planning to do a stream, make sure you're doing battles in one of the Battle Spot formats, whether it be on showdown or on cart.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We did our first stream on the SmogonU Twitch channel today! It went good, DragonWhale was destroyed by a Sub/PuP/Secret Power Kangaskhan (with some help from repeated parahax), but then went on a nice winning streak. Bonus points to DW for winning a match despite having to leave mid-battle and letting the timer select his moves for him for a couple of turns! Hopefully we can fight some more high-ranking opponents next time though..

http://www.twitch.tv/smogonu/b/684889667

I'd like to see Mega Sceptile used on stream. I'm planning to build a team around it soon, and It'd be a great learning experience for me to see the potential it has and what it can do

I'd like to see Mega Sceptile used on stream. I'm planning to build a team around it soon, and It'd be a great learning experience for me to see the potential it has and what it can do
I'd like to see this as well. I can help you guys teambuild around it, if you'd like.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd be down for using Mega Sceptile as well, as I'd also like to see what it can do in the meta. I've had a fully trained one sitting around in my box for a while and never really knew what to do with it.

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega sceptile is cool, but it only beats a handful of teams so there's a good chance I'll bench it a lot at team preview.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Mega Sableye could be interesting. A mon that is arguably considered broken in OU, and a strong mon even in Ubers, Mega Sableye is the king of hazard control. Unfortunately, entry hazards aren't common in 3v3, but he does possess several important traits still. For one, he's Mega Kangaskhan's hardest counter in the game. He also possesses enough bulk to take on threats like Gengar, Aegislash, and Garchomp, and the part about being tough to take down without a Fairy type still remains true. He also brings flexibility with Magic Bounce and Prankster. Mega Sableye currently sits below #50 in usage, but maybe it's time to contest that.

DragonWhale

If you missed the stream, watch it here: http://www.twitch.tv/smogonu/v/28993969

Mega Sceptile was okay. Damage wise it lacks a lot but late game it puts your opponents in a checkmate. The only issue is you need to bring your opponent into that position with 2 pokemon.

Custap Berry activated early on Snorlax because of Gluttony. Those next level strats destroyed me :(
Credits to GateCreeper for noticing that

I was terrible at Team Preview. I'll work on that.

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Nice stream guys! I really liked it and it was entertaining! :D

Can I suggest a Vivillon team? Idk, it just looks interesting.

Keep up the good work!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It wasn't Creeper, I'm gonna claim the Gluttony observation as my own (you guys should read the twitch chat more u_u).

While I would also love to see a Vivillon team (I'd donate my shiny one to the cause), I'd much prefer to see a more reliable team be used and see how high we can get, sorta like the "Road to Ranked" style videos a lot of the Poketubers do. If we play around with weird / entertaining teams all the time we'll just be stuck in the 15-1600's and never get to experience the upper ladder and showcase what Battle Spot actually has to offer.

I wouldn't be opposed to just ripping a highly-ranked team from a Japanese blog; it would give us something reliable to win games with, and we can use that angle as a way to introduce people to that side of the meta and analyse it on-air (if that makes sense).

It wasn't Creeper, I'm gonna claim the Gluttony observation as my own (you guys should read the twitch chat more u_u).

While I would also love to see a Vivillon team (I'd donate my shiny one to the cause), I'd much prefer to see a more reliable team be used and see how high we can get, sorta like the "Road to Ranked" style videos a lot of the Poketubers do. If we play around with weird / entertaining teams all the time we'll just be stuck in the 15-1600's and never get to experience the upper ladder and showcase what Battle Spot actually has to offer.

I wouldn't be opposed to just ripping a highly-ranked team from a Japanese blog; it would give us something reliable to win games with, and we can use that angle as a way to introduce people to that side of the meta and analyse it on-air (if that makes sense).
Lol my b, i saw creeper say it and pointed it out.

And I agree, I'd like us to use pretty good teams. I still stand by my Zard X suggestion, it's super fun and viable.

DragonWhale

So far I'm inclined to make a zardx or sab team. The one issue with the latter is that games tend to be very long with mega sableye.

Like the ZardX idea, just throwing out an idea here. Why not make a Hera team? Hera's pretty good in Season 13, and he's also very reliable when paired with Heatran and Cresselia.

Yeah cant say said the gluttony thing, I was just confirming it by looking at the PGL for Snorlax's abilities. I'd like to see a team with Zard X too, SD + Flame Charge would be a fun set to watch.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I guess I'll just repeat what I said on Skype: Basically, I am kinda worried about using Mega Sableye because games with Sableye tend to be on the stally side, especially when using the Calm Mind Snarl set (I'm just remembering that time I wanted to play a few battles and only got one because it almost lasted 30 minutes).

I'm in favor of Charizard-X, it's still really good and it's more fun to watch, especially when it lands a sweep. It's also one of those Pokemon that plays a little differently than in OU...well, it uses Flame Charge and that's about where the differences stop...but still, it'd be a lot more fun to watch.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Requesting to use the Hippowdon / Dragonite / Mega Lucario core with Mega Zard X in the back and probably Aegislash and [bulky Water-type]

type +1 in the chat if you agree

If we use Zard Y instead, +1. That said, I already have a Zard X team that we can use, so it might be easier to just go with that, but I do think the Hippo/Luc/DNite core would be pretty fun to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)