Approved Battle Spot—The Wild West of Pokémon Showdown?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro: Battle Spot is different from the other types of battles available on Pokémon Showdown. It has none of Smogon’s restrictions (aside from the Species and Item Clause for obvious reasons), so many would expect Battle Spot to be a lawless place where everybody uses Swagger and Moody excessively. However, that is not the case.

Body Para 1: In this paragraph, I would like to discuss my personal experience in Battle Spot. I’ve battled in Battle Spot for a long time, and I have to say that it is a place where creativity flourishes. There are many more possibilities in Battle Spot, and though there are some who use annoying, unskillful teams, they are not an accurate representation of Battle Spot. From gimmicky to VGC-ready teams, Battle Spot has something for everyone. Honestly, there is no single defining team of Battle Spot.

Body Para 2: In this paragraph, I would like to bring in an outside opinion. I might interview a mod from the Battle Spot Chatroom. If his/her opinion agrees with me, then I will simply underscore my original claim. If the opinion disagrees with me, then I will provide the situation from that light and try to respond to it. (Note: If the opinion disagrees with me, I would have to structure this article differently. I would continue with the idea that Battle Spot is really the Wild West of Pokémon Showdown for a longer span of the article than just the intro paragraph.)

Conclusion: Restatement of the main idea with some concluding remarks. I would encourage people to try it.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
you actually seem to have a ton of Battle Spot experience. I personally would really enjoy this article, I think. an interview would add a nice flair to the conclusion, as long as it isn't too lengthy and is conducive to the topic at hand, is with someone relevant, that basic stuff.

but not approving this yet since I would wait to see what Scene and Vacate think

I would normally approve this but the author in particular has not been active since last Thursday. This is worrying in the sense that this gives me doubts that, if approved, the article wouldn't necessarily be finished with on time or followed through.

Deep apologies for the long wait, A10theHero! If you're still interested in writing this idea, please let myself or other Player staff member know and we'll get access for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)