Battle Frontier Round 1 (deadline Sun 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys! Welcome to the first round of our tournament! You can follow the brackets here

Round 1

Eric Jiang234 vs Buckert
Max. Optimizer vs SegFault_92
Eisenherz vs Sondero
BrightFieldWyvern vs Pink Floyd
locoghoul vs Fire_Water92
Kanon90 vs Tremono
Mattapod vs Eppie (activity win)
Xen vs BlackoutSLM

Deadline is Sunday April 7th. Is your responsibility to contact and schedule with your opponent. If there are scheduling issues please let me know sooner than later. Let's have a nice tournament. You can use Smogon or Discord to contact your opponent, is up to you. We have a #tournament channel on the WiFi discord server. Check the sign up thread for a link or ask Nexus for one. If you have any questions regarding rules or others please DM me here or on discord.

BATTLE RULES

1. All battles will be held with standard cartridge rules: 6v6 level 50 (autolevel)
2. All match ups will be best of 3, you can switch teams between games (make sure you are still using the same region)
3. In the case of a DC please try to work it out between you and your opponent. If it happens really early you can ask for a remake, if it happens late you can agree to a result, if unclear you can choose to completely just remake, etc. Point is to communicate.
4. Save your replays and post them in the thread.
5. Be respectful, polite and have fun! Please no drama, complains about hax, plays, etc

TOURNAMENT RULES

1. No Ubers
2. All Pokemon on a team must be from the same region (followed by Dex number)
3. You MUST use a starter
4. No Legends, Mythicals, Tapus, Ultra Beasts
5. Standard Smogon clauses apply (Species, Sleep, Baton Pass, Evasion, OHKO, Shadow Tag, etc)
6. Blaze Blaziken will be allowed (note that Blazikenite is still banned)
7. The tournament will be played on USUM cartridges ONLY
8. Eligibility for a region will be based on Dex number, not regional dex (Kanto 1-151, Johto 152-251, Hoenn 252-386, Sinnoh 387-493, Unova 494-649, Kalos 650-721, Alola 722-809). Alolan forms of Kanto mons will be considered from Alola for this tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Eisen beat me 2-1, and the game I won was like a badminton game where I served while they were knitting their shoelaces

Replays:
game 1 - 4NGG-WWWW-WWX5-2A58 (Sondero)
game 2 - NBVG-WWWW-WWX5-2A4N (Eisen)
game 3 - MM9W-WWWW-WWX5-2A4J (Eisen)

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RE: Round 1 Max. Optimizer vs. SegFault_92

I wanted to welcome the opportunity to say that I accidentally broke one of the tournament rules during my first encounter with SegFault_92:

I had forgotten to bring a mandatory starter Pokémon when I was using my second team in the games 2 and 3.

Neither of us had initially noticed it back then, but my heart sank when I noticed the honest mistake while rewatching the battle videos.
I immediately reached out to the host, locoghoul, and my opponent, SegFault_92, to inform them about my accidental faux pas.
However, instead of automatically taking the win, SegFault_92 allowed me to switch one team member out for a starter and to replay the games 2 and 3.

Let it be known that SegFault_92 didn't only prove his competitive skill, but also displayed admirable sportsmanship.
You're a class act and a lot of players out there should follow your example. I'm looking forward to battling with you again in a foreseeable future.
I'll never forget this experience. From the bottom of my heart: "Mille grazie!"

Replays:
Game 1 - LJ3G-WWWW-WWX5-6732 (SegFault_92)
Game 2 - 7JEW-WWWW-WWX5-B7AN (Max. Optimizer)
Game 3 - G2MW-WWWW-WWX5-B7BG (Max. Optimizer)

Last edited:

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I just lost vs. Eric Jiang234, unfortunately. It was really amazing battling against you, sir! That first round you won with only 4HP left, hehe.

Here are the video's:
Battle 1: JPUG-WWWW-WWX5-BC5Q
Battle 2: K7BG-WWWW-WWX5-BC68
Battle 3: LQTW-WWWW-WWX5-BC6C

Thank you for this experience, and I want to wish everyone the best of luck in this tournament! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)