Banner Gallery

My new Photoshop banners. Please note I'm not Mr. Fantastic with them.

I think thats all I've made exept requests from my various shops on different forums.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
eh, no offense but theres hardly anything involved with taking a pokemon sprite and running a texture through a bunch of filters

Well I did say Im not Mr. Amazing with them, I am still learning Ya know? ;)
Thanks for the crit, will try harder next time.

I don't really like the text on some of them, things like Times New Roman are iffy when using them in banners. Though I do like the Azelf one.

I use more grunge brushes when I make my banners, and generally more grungy and easier-to-blend texts. If you don't know already (I'm sure you do), www.dafont.com to get more fonts; deviantart for professionally made brushes.

I got all my fonts from Dafont.com and my brushes where from Animeshare.org, Celestrial star.com and I forgot the rest D: Will download Deviant art brushes soon aswell, but right now I have some form of designing block, Ugh.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I suggest less on the "hey I'm a distracting background" and more on borders.

You put a lot of emphasis on the background, thus my attention was drawn to all the akljsdfasdkf;jaslkdfjas and not the Pokemon or the phrases.

The Jirachi one is the best, because the background isn't the focus. Only thing is, the stock Jirachi you used has crappy quality :(

Thank you for that, The only problem is that I can't make a decent border. At all. The borders I already use are just a 2-5 Px square brush around the edge because I don't understand the square tool ;(

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Borders don't need to be detailed. Just make your finished banner image, copy it, paste it into a bigger canvas (or just expand the current canvas so you have some transparent room to work with) and go to layer properties, and create an image outline around your banner, thus giving you a border. If anything, white or black are good border colors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)