SV Ubers Balanced ubers team

Hi there, I'm relatively new to showdown so was hoping to get some tips on this team I've built from some far more experienced players. I've got no idea how people input the mon pictures to their explanations so words will have to make do.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Defensive NDM is used mainly as a Zacian-C counter as coupled with boosted moonlight from Koraidon can comfortably counter and usually get rocks up on the switch out. Sunsteel strike is a STAB move for when damage is needed and hits steel weak mons hard, whilst earthquake hits Zacian-C hard and can hurt predicted switch ins such as skeledirge. Tera ground is for desperate situations where STAB is needed on earthquake for mons such as the aforementioned Zacian-C and skeledirge, however I will very rarely tera here.

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Collision Course
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

I mainly use scarf Koraidon as a revenge killer as with its high speed and high attack as well as good type coverage it can hit most mons very hard. Collision course and Dragon claw are standard stab moves, I was considering outrage over dragon claw but worry about being locked in. U-turn allows Koraidon to pivot first turn when switch ins are still up and bring in counters to those. Flare blitz is type coverage and can hit predictable steel switch ins such as Necrozma hard. Tera steel is used for its resistance to the opposing dragon and fairy types that are often used to counter Koraidon

Miraidon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Drift
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Draco Meteor

Specs Miraidon is the teams main wallbreaker. Electro drift is STAB and with the boosted electro terrain is impossible to switch into safely without a ground type. Draco meteor is also used as stab with the specs effectively neutralising the first drop in special attack. Volt switch can be used on predictable switch ins, and whilst it doesn't work on ground types, I still prefered over u-turn due to the significantly greater power. Dazzling Gleam was intended as type coverage however I've found little use for it so any suggesstions for a move here would be appreciated. Tera electric used to boost electro drift power if all opposing ground types are down.

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Light Screen

Defensive Ho-Oh is used as a pivot as regenerator allows it to take chip damage without taking much notice. Sacred fire is a useful STAB move and the 50% burn chance is hugely useful against physical attckers. Recover is sort of self explanatory, and light screen is used on switch ins to provide the team with some useful SpD. Earthquake and tera ground are for predictable rock and electric type moves, and tera ground Ho-Oh can act as a check to Miraidon if Tin-Lu is down

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Scarf Kyogre is used as a sweeper with its high speed and massive damage. Water spout and Origin pulse and used as STAB moves with very few mons being able to switch in to a full health water spout. Tera water boosts this even more and some of the damage this thing does is outrageous. Unmissable thunder allows Kyogre to OHKO a lot of its water type switch-ins, and scarf allows it to outspeed opposing specs kyogre. Ice beam is used as type coverage and the ability to hit dragon types like Koraidon hard

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ruination
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

TIng-Lu is mainly used as a Miradon check in this team. It can switch in to predictable electric type moves, and then set spikes or do big chip damage with ruination. spikes is preferred to rocks on this team due to NDM also being a rock setter. It also appreciates scard kyogre as a form of speed control on specs miradon as it cant reliably check this over the whole game Whirlwind is used to remove set up sweepers and if spikes and rocks are up can contribute to more chip damage. Earthquake is simply the best STAB option available.

In terms of playing this team I have become aware of its vulnerability to opposing hazard setters such as Ribombee due to its lack of a defogger and reliance on kyogre and koraidon as speed control. I have also found TR users such as offensive NDM and Calyrex-I to be very troublesome. I've also found the team is missing a lead, although that may just be due to my lack of battling experience. As previously said any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Howdy! You have a great start to an excellent team. I have a few changes that will help you elevate the quality of your build

:Choice Scarf: :Koraidon: should run Low Kick over Collision Course as most of its targets are quite heavy (such is the nature of Ubers) and will usually hit for 120 BP. Also,Tera Fire is superior to Tera Steel on this set.

:Choice Specs: :Miraidon: is an excellent breaker, but it needs Overheat over Dazzling Gleam as a better mid-ground versus most defensive checks + :Zacian-Crowned:. Additionally, you may want to consider U-turn over Volt Switch for better pivoting.

:Ho-Oh: is a great pivot, but you ideally want Brave Bird over Light Screen. Additionally, you may consider a Tera Fairy variant, since you already have an adequate :Miraidon: check in :Ting-Lu:

:Choice Scarf: :Kyogre: is not necessary here, as you already have a viable :Choice Scarf: user in :Koraidon:. Instead, consider a Tera Fairy + :Heavy Duty Boots: :Kyogre: set, which gives you another way of dealing with :Loaded Dice: + Scale Shot :Koraidon:

Finally, :Ting-Lu: prefers Tera Poison on this build, as you don't have a way of removing Toxic Spikes. :Ting-Lu: rarely needs to Terastallize anyway, but having Tera Poison as insurance is nice.

Revised Team: https://pokepast.es/40ef41b0e8103ce0

Edit: I tried maintaining the same 6 mons that the OP posted because they're all viable. While the team probably would benefit from the inclusion of a support :Arceus: form, I think it's fine the way it has been presently constructed.

As for the odd :Kyogre: set, I explained how potent this set recently has been on this thread here.

Last edited:
Howdy! You have a great start to an excellent team. I have a few changes that will help you elevate the quality of your build

:Choice Scarf: :Koraidon: should run Low Kick over Collision Course as most of its targets are quite heavy (such is the nature of Ubers) and will usually hit for 120 BP. Also,Tera Fire is superior to Tera Steel on this set.

:Chocie Specs: :Miraidon: is an excellent breaker, but it needs Overheat over Dazzling Gleam as a better midground versus most defensive checks + :Zacian-Crowned:. Additionally, you may want to consider U-turn over Volt Switch for better pivoting.

:Ho-Oh: is a great pivot, but you ideally want Brave Bird over Light Screen. Additionally, you may consider a Tera Fairy variant, since you already have an adequate :Miraidon: check in :Ting-Lu:

:Choice Scarf: :Kyogre: is not necessary here, as you already have a viable :Choice Scarf: user in :Koraidon:. Instead, consider a Tera Fairy + :Heavy Duty Boots: :Kyogre: set, which gives you another way of dealing with :Loaded Dice: + Scale Shot :Koraidon:

Finally, :Ting-Lu: prefers Tera Poison on this build, as you don't have a way of removing Toxic Spikes. :Ting-Lu: rarely needs to Terastallize anyway, but having Tera Poison as insurance is nice.

Revised Team: https://pokepast.es/40ef41b0e8103ce0
That kyogre set is wack, it feels like a defensive one with an offensive spread+water spout. Wouldn’t thunder wave be better on a more defensive spread?
PS: Why not add an arceus form of some sorts? I feel like that this team could really appreciate some help from formes like :arceus-fairy: or maybe revenge killers like :Arceus:

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
What would you take out for the arceus then?
Sorry for the late reply. Honestly, this is one of the few structures that doesn't require :Arceus: to perform well. The only reason why teams benefit from the inclusion of :Arceus: is for added utility & role compression. The one change you could make to the team I listed above is running Tera Dark on :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: as a backup :Basculegion: check, since Last Respects can be very annoying in an endgame. I also changed the Tera Type on :Ting-Lu: to Water, as that provides more overall utility than Tera Poison & provides an emergency :Kyogre: check.

Here are two variations of your revised team: https://pokepast.es/abd46ad996deaf50 / https://pokepast.es/94eae9ab36cb3840

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)