Other Metagames Balanced Hackmons (Gen 8) Monotype Challenge:

This RMT is a bit different in that I'm not showcasing a unique mechanic team idea or build, but a BH challenge. The rules I set for the following challenge are as follows: I am only allowed to use a team that consists of pokemon that each shares a typing. I also am prohibited from using pokemon that carry the ability Imposter as their type is not concrete nor matches the typing of the rest of the team for most of the game. In addition to those relatively standard rules for monotype challenges, I also added an optional rule that I could only use a single Pokemon that was listed on the VR.

So to approach this challenge one's first step is to select the type in which to use. For that I selected ghost for the reason that I was most comfortable with stall and Ghost has many Bulky Pokemon that I could use. After toying around for quite a while I eventually came up with the following team: https://pokepast.es/4f48c1cd893e388a.

Fiends of Tartarus:

1653869828033.png

ImposterSyndrome (Mimikyu) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Play Rough
- Recover
- Purify​

Mimikiyu has useful Fairy Typing which gives it a useful neutrality to Dark type attacks and an Immunity to Core Enforcer. I gave Mimikyu the ability Water Absorb so it can hard check Palkia and stop Cramorant and other Flip Turn users from getting momentum. Play Rough in tandem with Rapid Spin makes Mimikiyu difficult to Spin-Block with ghost types like Giratina. Purify was also placed on Mimikyu because I couldn't fit it anywhere else on my team without compromising its integrity and Mimikyu's typing makes it best suited to switch into Regigigas.

1653869884238.png

TotemofScars (Aegislash) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Ice Scales
Shiny: Yes
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
- Stealth Rock
- Teleport​

Aegislash has the coveted defensive type steel which makes it an excellent counter to the most common special attackers such as Xerneas and Eternatus with its respectable special defense and the ability Ice Scales. Aegislash serves as a backup entry hazard setter which gives this team a path to victory even in the absence of Giratina. Rocky Helmet is used to punish Rapid Spin users with Pixilate to ensure they can't repeatedly remove Hazards unpunished. The rest of the set is self-explanatory: Spectral Thief reduces passivity and steals boosts and halts special set-up sweepers, and Teleport ensures that Aegislash can safely pivot out and trigger the Toxic Orbs on the team Poison Heal Pokemon.

1653870147901.png

BladesofBloodlust (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
Shiny: Yes
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Teleport
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp​

Doublade's enormous physical defense combined with Eviolite makes it the physically bulkiest Fur Coat Pokemon available in Balance Hackmons. Its solid Steel Ghost defensive typing allows it to effectively wall the most common physical attackers such as Zacian Crowned, Kartarna, and Regigigas. Spectral Thief in tandem with Doublade's high attack allows it to remove boosts from physical attackers such as Zacian and effectively punish them for attempting to set up. Will-O-Wisp is placed on this set as an additional and more permanent way to punish physical attackers that get greedy by cutting their attack in half.

1653870284794.png

FesteringCorpse (Dusclops) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Shore Up
- Haze​

Dusclops has excellent mixed bulk and a typing with few weaknesses and immunity to Extreme Speed and Triage Drain Punch. These attributes enable it to act as this team's blanket check to set up sweepers, and mixed threats such as Reshiram. Dusclop's other vital function is being the carrier of Destiny Bond. Destiny Bond combined with allows Dusclops to sacrifice itself to dispose of Dark Types and Ghost Types such as Yveltal, Specterier, and Blacepehlon that otherwise would run the rest of the team over with ease by virtue of their type advantage.

1653870376104.png

ForlornSouls (Spiritomb) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Baneful Bunker
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Court Change​

Spiritomb possesses a unique typing which gives it both a neutrality to Dark and Ghost and an Immunity to trapping. These traits make it an excellent Rapid Spin blocker and allow it to switch in on common defensive pokemon like Zamazenta C, Registeel, Giratina, Lunala, Zygarde, and Yveltal and Status them with Scald or remove key items with Knock-Off. Additionally, Knock-Off on Spiritomb sets opponents up for the Purify attack I placed on Mimikyu which enables me to remove Poisoning on Toxic Heal Pokemon. Court Change was placed on Spiritomb to help control Hazards without giving Imposter Chansey and Blissey an easy way to clear Hazards.

1653870446309.png

BlessedSleep (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Spikes
- Scald
- King's Shield​

Giratina possesses a myriad of useful defensive properties including useful resistances to water Bug, Electric, Fire, Grass, Poison, Water, an Immunity to Normal, Fighting, and the ability to evade trapping. These unique characteristics allow it to be an excellent fire resist to support Doublade and allow it to switch in on common defensive pokemon like Zamazenta C, Registeel, Ho-Oh and Zygarde, and Status them with Scald or set up Hazards. Giratina is set at level 99 with minimum speed to underspeed other base 90 speed Pokemon so that its ability is harder to suppress its ability via Core Enforcer and so it's easier to suppress Magic Bounce.

Laddering Rating:
With this team, I was able to go 29-1 on the ladder with an Elo of 1588 and a Gxe of 86.8%.

1616128867717.png

Replays of the Team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1303805864-di06phjlv7n4vwyaxsdu2e8r8p6e56fpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1304166344-lqbc9lj1xv60xl13cj80nw2invs9x8bpw

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)