Balanced Hackmons Analysis Megathread

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Do you think Groudon would be better? Garchomp packs STAB Thousand Arrows, and better Speed.
That is not what motherlove is trying to say.

I appreciate that you want to provide an assistance, but the set you provided does NOT OHKO Imposter. So even if Garchomp gets to hit first, the team will be swept by Imposter afterwards. Unburden set needs either Imprison or a move to hit themselves super effectively (usually second option is the best due to being able to eliminate Imposters without being hit by boosted Struggle after Imprison which actually hurts).

Also Unburden is literally staple-able to every physical attackers, just like these:

Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Belly Drum

Yveltal @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shell Smash
- Imprison

Or if I were to make one for Groudon,

Groudon-Primal @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows
- Liquidation / Imprison
- Belly Drum

Speed becomes very irrelevant because of Unburden's absurd Speed Boost (especially with Shell Smash + Power Herb), and that doesn't make Garchomp better than Groudon in that sense; Garchomp still has to sacrifice its moveslot to block Fake Out from -ate users while Groudon can just take it with phenomenal bulk.

Also,
again, I am glad you wanted to help but can you pm me about stuff like this in future?
Because I feel like no one is working on my 2 analysis due to someone constantly pushing my post into the old dump with new posts.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
That is not what motherlove is trying to say.

I appreciate that you want to provide an assistance, but the set you provided does NOT OHKO Imposter. So even if Garchomp gets to hit first, the team will be swept by Imposter afterwards. Unburden set needs either Imprison or a move to hit themselves super effectively (usually second option is the best due to being able to eliminate Imposters without being hit by boosted Struggle after Imprison which actually hurts).

Also Unburden is literally staple-able to every physical attackers, just like these:

Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Belly Drum

Yveltal @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shell Smash
- Imprison

Or if I were to make one for Groudon,

Groudon-Primal @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows
- Liquidation / Imprison
- Belly Drum

Speed becomes very irrelevant because of Unburden's absurd Speed Boost (especially with Shell Smash + Power Herb), and that doesn't make Garchomp better than Groudon in that sense; Garchomp still has to sacrifice its moveslot to block Fake Out from -ate users while Groudon can just take it with phenomenal bulk.

Also,
again, I am glad you wanted to help but can you pm me about stuff like this in future?
Because I feel like no one is working on my 2 analysis due to someone constantly pushing my post into the old dump with new posts.
I hope that large text is not aimed at me.
I was referring to Garchomp being faster than Groudon in terms of Groudon having a Shift Gear set or Shell Smash set doubling speed in opposition to Garchomp, and Garchomp still outspeeding it, not comparing which is a better as an Unburden user... although a Groudon only Speed tieing with another Groudon is less effective than a Garchomp outspeeding and 1HKOing another Groudon.

Baneful Bunker handles Shedinja, some carry Focus Sash along with Sturdy so they can take a Moongeist Beam/Sunsteel Strike/Core Enforcer, etc. instead of Lum Berry, otherwise you you can use Spiky Shield if you want to be safe to KO whatever item they hold.

That Yveltal set is better off using Belly Drum, both give +6 to stats, but Belly Drum maxes it's Attack stat, meaning the base power for Power Trip is the same, and replace SunSteel Strike with Acrobatics, so unless you use a special Attack to go with it, such as Oblivion Wing, Belly Drum is ultimately better. Still, like Garchomp, that Yveltal set is weak to -Ate users (Galvanize included makes it weak to 3/4), so why not just use Substitute, and Oblivion Wing, if you want Shell Smash over SunSteel Strike.

My Mega Tyranitar's Unburden set with Belly Drum, and SunSteel Strike doesn't 1HKO Imposter Chansey, even though Rock is weak to Steel unless it is at 75% HP or less, which just goes to show how strong any Chansey Imposter is in reference to sunsteel Strike being the best option for Yveltal that you mentioned above. So I only use SunSteel Strike for Shedinja and a few other specific counters.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Power Trip
- Belly Drum
- Diamond Storm
- SunSteel Strike

Jolly is used to outrun Deoxys-Speed... diamond Storm for the boosts and to better take priority.

I know you are planning to reuse Yveltal, hence Shell Smash over Belly Drum, so you may as well use Oblivion Wing, and at that point just use Simple, and therefore just use Substitute over Imprison because it blocks Imposter, and let's it get at least 1 hit in on -ate users.

Yveltal @ White Herb
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Oblivion Wing
- Shell Smash
- Substitute

Or for Belly Drum variants:

Yveltal @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Acrobatics
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Substitute blocks Imposter and priority. Acrobatics is not copied at full power on Imposter, similar to Unburden not being copied.

Unaware Lugia and Solgaleo are still hit super effectively by Power Trip, and the base power is still considered during the attack, just not the attack stat's increased base number.

Unaware Arceus and Zygarde still take phenomenal damage from Power Trip at 210 base power including STAB.

Yveltal is the only good Pokémon to get STAB Power Trip and Acrobatics, making it the ultimate user of each. Sorry Honchkrow...

If you are going to suggest a "better set" please consider their best options.

Prevention is the best cure, sub prevents Imposter and priority, imprison only prevents Imposter.

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
For those of you wondering why I now own this thread, it's because Uselesscrab is taking a temporary LoA from this project to focus more on the forum he moderates, as well as focusing more on college. This is completely understandable, and I'd like to thank him for his work.

For now, however, E4 Flint is the QC leader. Just because I own this thread, it does not mean that I am on the QC team whatsoever. I just took it over for until Uselesscrab comes back, that is, if he decides to come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)