SM LC bakaren

Yahallo! I built this team during lcpl semis and somehow everyone got it :/, so I decided to make a rmt for one of my favorite team I built during lcpl. Before this team I attempted to build a clamperl team in week 1 for ht, which wasn't that good. I dropped the idea of perl until during semis where I tested vs Corporal Levi and got 6-0d by his perl team 30 times and decided to attempt building a new perl team.

first attempt
I originally took the idea of using perl from levi's game in spl and rly liked the core of perl/dig/ferro/snub.

This core supported perl well with dig for memento + trapping and a strong defensive backbone that spreads paralysis. I decided that mareanie was sort of annoying to beat since perl did not win at +2, so I added mienfoo to knock it's evio off and have a way to get dig in safely.

I felt that my team was too slow and needed a tspike absorber since tspikes annoys this team a lot, so I decided to add scarf mareanie as a way to remove tspikes and some speed control.

Overall this team was ok, just change scarf mareanie to smth better. I don't rly like the team that much compared to the one I am about to show.

second attempt
After like 7 weeks, I tried building another perl team inspired once again by levi (team, he originally had foongus over croagunk). This team was built for fooly in lcpl semis vs jox. A trend I noticed from jox was having very little prio + slow scarfers and wanted to take advantage of it with clamperl, which I was basically spot on.

I started off with the same core of perl/dig/ferro but this time without snub since it isn't that good in the current meta.

I rly liked the support foo gave with knocking items and uturning to get dig in.

My team was weak to fighters and I wanted a way to break/weaken ferro. I decided wingull would be a good mon since it does all those things.

Wingull wasn't a good fighting check by itself and I also needed a way to threaten birds. I didn't want a slow mon that gives up momentum. Vullaby filled all those conditions as well as forming bird spam core with wingull.

I changed up the order to this and forgot why.

This version of the team is solid bar the fight/bird weakness but its w.e since there are ways to deal with them.

Wingull @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Rain Dish
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Protect
- Roost
- Scald

Wingull was mainly chosen to check fighters while having a great offensive presence. It also helps break/weaken ferro (which stops perl from sweeping completely if not chipped enough). Z-move gives it a strong nuke to hit water, so it doesn't need to rely on hurricane hitting. Max/max timid is used to make wingull an offensive threat and the 36 def evs weaken prio moves and switch into fighters easier. Hurricane is a strong stab that threatens fighters, protect is there for scouting scarfers mainly pawn and mag and for mienfoo fake out, roost is for longevity, and scald is to hit rocks and steels.

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Vullaby helps check fighters and birds. This bird checks fighters, birds, abra, snivy, foongus, and a bunch of things while not losing momentum due to weak armor boost and freely knocking/uturning. Berry juice + wa allows it to take advantage of the ability and heal back up after taking hits. evs are p straight forwad, bulky to help check fighters, birds, snivy, etc. This spread allows it to hit 15 speed take a reckless hjk from full, take a sashbra dgleam after sr, and live a ssss from wingull from full (prob more stuff but those are the main ones). This was chosen over the more offensive 236 atk/76 def/236 spe because I wanted ways to deal with abra and scarffoo better. Brave bird to threaten fighters and is a spammable stab, knock knocks evio to help dig trap and perl sweep and also is a spammable stab, tailwind is a cool tech I thought of to help perl break/clean without setting up or any other mons clean and is mainly a last ditch effort (heres a really cool game showcasing tailwind), and uturn to not lose momentum.

Ferroseed @ Berry Juice
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Ferroseed takes on grass and electric types for clamperl. This mon basically checks half the meta (mainly covers perl's weaknesses and takes advantage of those mons), sets up sr, knock items and spreads paralysis. A cool thing about the ferro/dig/perl core is that ur not threaten by scarf mp mag as it gives dig a way to trap or perl an opportunity to set up, so dont be scared about being trapped. Berry juice over evio so it can take hits then heal back up and continue to check everything needed. Evs and moves are standard, straight from smogon analysis. Bullet seed allows ferroseed to not give free switch ins and also deals a good amount of damage, knock to remove items, sr for expert chip, and twave for speed control as well not giving free switch ins also it pairs well with perl since of its low base speed.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Mienfoo provides slow uturns into dig aka free trapping and knock support. This fighter take hits then spams its moves and uturns out for momentum or for dig to trap. Eviolite increases its bulk which allows it to abuse regen multiple times during a game and is a strong pivot because of that. Evs are to give it a respectable 24/15/12 bulk, which allows it to live an ada bbird from vully, 6.3% chance to kill (leadfoo vs leadvully lets foo win if u fake out into hjk). 24 hp was chosen to give it a 8 hp regen instead of 7 and I didn't rly need the spdef (14 spdef gives better rolls vs special attackers in general, and some specifics are living sashbra psychic and hurricane from wingull from full and with evio intact for both) on this mon since ferro/vully deals with most of those mons. Negative speed nature and 29 ivs give foo 10 speed which allows it to underslow threats and safely trap with dig (mainly mareanie). Fake out is great for chip and stopping low hp sweepers, hjk is a strong stab, knock to support dig trap things and perl sweep, and uturn is for a way to get dig in safely or other mons.

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Rock Slide

Diglett rounds up the original support core with ferro/foo. It mainly traps and breaks abra's sash or even kills it when 4 healthy mons are up on the field with beat up, threatens scarf mag/chou from spamming volt switch as perl can set up on locked flash cannon/water move, and provides memento to help perl set up. Since wingull is my z move mon, I decided to use life orb dig to give it extra ohko power and hit hard without z move. Evs are straight forward max/max jolly to deal dmg and outspeed the unboosted meta bar elekid/voltorb and extra evs into hp for an extra lo hit. Beat up is mainly for sashabra so it can kill abra without dying, eq is a strong stab that hits basically everything for 50 with evio and 70 without evio, memento allows perl to set up with ease and stops dig from being set up bait, and rock slide hits flying types which are annoying to the team.

Clamperl @ Deep Sea Tooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 76 HP / 244 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Shell Smash
- Surf

I built this team focusing around clamperl. Perl basically sweeps/cleans/6-0 teams at +2 since it ohkos nearly everything and outspeeds common scarfers. Dst is the primary reason why perl is a threat since it doubles its spatt. While shell armor is a solid choice preventing crits, rattled is chosen to threaten opponents from using knock/uturn. Max/max timid with a point in hp for speed + power and extra bulk. Ice beam/surf hits everything, tect to scout moves, smash lets it sweep. Basically perl is a huge threat and with the right amount of support it can win with ease. Perl also doesnt need to be at +2 to do stuff due to its high spatt and decent speed tier, also use tailwind and paralysis from twave to ur advantage with perl. Although the team was built around supporting perl, it doesnt rely on it sweeping every game.

Wingull @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Protect
- Roost
- Scald

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Ferroseed @ Berry Juice
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Rock Slide

Clamperl @ Deep Sea Tooth
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 76 HP / 244 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Shell Smash
- Surf

enjoy this bop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)