Latias

very interesting
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: HaaiL
PS! Username: HaaiL
Your timezone: +5.5
Generation: RBY
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-10 hours per day, times varies from day to day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon around 16 months ago. since then, I've been playing tournaments on smogon a lot. I used to play doubles and some past gen tiers. Some time back, I got into RBY. Since then, I've been playing a lot of it and am looking forward to growing more and more.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: The Calligrapher
PO/PS! Username: The Calligrapher
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: fairly busy on weekdays but weekends are fine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing around dpp but only started playing competitively in ss, i really like the ss ou metagame rn. im fine with building but am looking to get better at desicion-making ingame
Are you able to use either Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username:
KaiRafa
PS! Username:
KaiRaafa
Your timezone:
GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability:
3-6PM (Monday - Thursday) 3-9PM (Friday - Sunday)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

I started playing in 2018 but at that time I did not understand English well so I had stopped playing it, and was playing competitively in the pokemon games of nintendo 3Ds / Nintendo Switch, 2 years later in July I created an account to play showdown in July of 2020 and I liked the DOU tier and I started to play it with my friend who taught me some strategies, due to studies I stopped playing showdown for a long time, until I returned at this time because I felt like it.

Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

I would like to have a Spanish speaking tutor because my main language is Spanish, I would prefer the tutor "Zikam"

Username: CaptainEikichi
PS! Username: CaptainEikichi
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm totally free almost every night starting at 6 pm. I'm quiet free the rest of the day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing competitivly for 1 year, especially in french community tournaments, mostly in SS and SM OU. I reached round of 16 final of 3v3 OU tournament, one of the only Smogon tournament in which I participated. I feel my knowledge of the current metagame is pretty good, never the less, my ingame is highly improvable. After the 3v3 OU tournament, I took a long break, and since my return, I don't feel like I'm making progress a lot, that's why i wanna be tutored.
Yeah
Yeah

Username: Misaki~ (pronouns: he/they)
PS! Username: LithiumAcid / Kisaragi Chihaya / basically ask for my many weeb themed alts
Timezone: EST
Times of availability: Tuesday: 6:00 pm-12:00 am / Thursday: 6:00 pm-12:00 am / Fridays 6:00 p.m -12:00 am
Experience Competitively: Im looking to get back into VGC after being out of it for a long time. I got Top 8 at Orlando Regionals in early 2015, went 1-3 at worlds in 2016 (lol) . Ive played in Smogon DOU DPL for the Space Jams in 2017, and NPA for the Rollouts on Nugget Bridge in 2015. I haven't been to a live event since the end of 2016, but i've kept up with formats and play on showdown as stress relief. I want to get better at building my own teams from scratch and making appropriate spreads, as well as playing and thinking about my moves purposefully. I want to get in the mindset where I can play at a high level.
Are you able to use Discord: m i s a #6679
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

Last edited:
Username: Churielix
PO/PS! Username: Churielix
Your Timezone: Gmt-5
Generation: SM
Usual Hours of Availability: 3 pm to 10 pm -5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (Min. 3 Sentences): I started playing since 2013 but from then on i played for very slow periods until i played for a longer time starting in 2020, which is the longest i've been playing since. I feel like i need a lot to polish myself in SM and on last push would not hurt, i have been continuosly playing that tier for more than 1 year and i think there is a lot to improve.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Churi#0965

Last edited:

Elian

Aún creo en esa rumba....
Username: Elian-San
PS! Username: Elian-San
Your timezone: GMT -7
Generation: ADV OU
Busy only monday and tuesday
I play since 2015 when i joined on Pokemon Showdown, to be honest i wasn't interested on competitive, butthe last year i started to play on smogon tournaments, this year i played a lot of tournaments getting better on the time, my best participacion in a tournament was the ADV Seasonal when i lost round 8, that's why i think i should improve more, right now i'm playing in the RoA Olympics and maybe this helps me to have a better perfomance.
Yes
Yes

Username: Sicle

PS! Username: Sicle

Timezone: EST (GMT-5)

Usual Hours of Availability: Monday - Sunday Available 5-10PM except being Unavailable Thursday

Experience with Pokemon: Started playing competitive pokemon during ORAS and did alot of wifi battles. Played in the various official ranked seasons and events. Eventually transitioned to PS before vgc 2016 to practice teambuilding and testing. Also played a bit of ou/uu then. Had a big resurgence after sword and shield vgc. Hours of laddering/teambuilding series 7,8,9,10 and an addiction to ou ladder after getting into emvee/pokeaim content. I enjoy the ou metagame very much and I hope to learn how to improve at the game when it comes to gaining advantage, adapting to certain strategies and being a stronger teambuilder.

Are you able to use discord? Yes

Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Note: I am aware I do not meet the requirements for at least 15 posts or a 1 month old account but I hope I could be given an exemption. Thank you.

Last edited:
1/18/22: Returned

Username
: in forums Shinden, Exzlu everywhere else.
PS! Username: Exzlu
Your timezone: UTC +3
Usual Hours of Availability: pretty much anytime of day except from 8 pm to 11pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): My experience in competitive pokemon has been in gen 7 mostly but in gen 8 i decided to return and been trying to think ways make abit more creative team. Now i've really gotten into BDSP competitive but im still more interested in generally play SS OU more learning ways of generation 8 as it fits for me way more.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Jyuux
PS! Username: Jyuux
Your timezone:+2
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: all days from 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
I started playing showdown, relatively recently, in which ADV seemed the most striking, besides that I have already been able to play vs players who have a lot of exp in the metagame (and in the last ssnl I reached r9).
Above all I want to improve my way of building and keep calm and be a contribution to my team
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Jyuu#8516

Username: thebtboy
PS! Username: bigbtboy
Your timezone: GMT -4 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: 5:00 PM-11:59 PM GMT -4 Mon-Fri, weekends off. I work from home, though, so I can be flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Originally played OU/UU from 2011-13, but didn’t pick competitive mons back up until last summer. I’m a ZU main and I ladder occasionally in OU. I participated in the most recent ZUPL, but was mainly a bench/support. Looking to branch out into higher tiers and generally improve my play.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Sputnik
PS! Username: Sputnikk
Your timezone: GMT -4/EST (Will change to -7/PST during holidays)
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday/Thursday during the day, Friday afternoons, Saturday day, and every weekday except Thursday after 9 PM. Schedule will likely change drastically going into December and beyond due to college class schedule changing/going on break at the time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play National Dex OU heavily and have also played SS RU and SM ZU heavily. I don't play in tournaments that much anymore (although I'd like to improve on that front) but I greatly enjoy building and supporting people in team tours in that fashion. Have also dabbled in DPP previously but never really got into it.

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: chimp
PS! Username: chimpx
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: after 3pm on weekdays, anytime on weekends
Playing since 2011-ish. Started with LC, at the tail end of the BW metagame when Misdreavus and Murkrow were still available. Eventually moved on to intermittently laddering OU but nowadays I mostly stick with discord draft leagues but want to get better at standard metagames.
Yes
Yes

Username: GlisteningPrestige
PS! Username: GlisteningPrestige
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday 4 pm - 5 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am pretty decent in battling. but I really lack in team building more than battling. I would like to learn on how to improve in both to become a better player thank you very much.
Do you understand how the blacklist works yep

Username: TheMightyGengar
PS Username: TheYungCitrus
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday 8-3
Competitive Pokemon experience; Played lowladder Ou since Gen 6
Discord:YungCitrus#7690
Understand Blacklist: Yes
Timezone: Central Standard Time

Username: infinitemugen99
PS! Username: infinitemugen/fgergbws
Your timezone: GMT +5:30
Pretty much any time not too unreasonably early/late in my time zone, for the forseeable future.
Started playing OU last year casually after playing a ton of randbats. Looking to put in the time consistently and improve all aspects of my game. Plateaued at around 1600-1700 on the ladder.
Yes
Yes

Username: RexTheNoName
PS! Username: RexTheNoName
Your timezone: CST
Generation: RBY OU
5:30 PM to 10:00 PM
I began playing Pokemon mid 2020, only playing SS PU., after that I spent the next few months playing SS NFE, and SS ZU. Then I branched out to Old Gens, and have been loving RBY OU since then.
Yep!
Yep!

Username: Puffy's mom
PS! Username: Puffy 423
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually available from 3-5 pm or 12 pm-2 am but on weekends this can shift
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive mons in late January but instead of going to OU I went to NU. Now that I have developed I want to learn more about OU because I feel that I am uneducated in the tier and need guidance. I'd like to be an apprentice so I could become more experienced and be able to build teams without as much assistance as I do now.

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Username: Colteor
PS! Username: Colteor
Your timezone: GMT -3
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability
: After 6pm my time on weekdays, all day weekends (free all winter break, gonna have homework that may take priority sometimes, especially next week.)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences)
: I've been playing adv at a decent level since April of this year, improving overtime with more experience in tours/ladder play. Furthest I've gotten in an official tour was r5 of adv summer seasonal I think, and my peak on ladder was 1560. I've also been in some discord tours like adv league where my team won last season (go regis!). I took a bit of a break recently but I'm looking to get back into gear and improve from good to great over the winter break.
Are you able to use Discord?
: yes, Colteor#7761
Do you understand how the blacklist works?
: yes.

Username: PKMN_Red500
PS! Username: PKMN_Red500
Your timezone: EST (USA)
Generation: USUM
(Monday, thursday) 2:40pm-5:00pm, (Tuesday, wednesday, friday) almost anytime (Sat, Sun) anythime before 5:00pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing pokemon since mid XY and I just enjoyed the game at first. Then I realized competitive pokemon was a thing then I started to try and teach myself by battling other players and playing through the previous pokemon games to get a better at battling and type advantage etc. Then I found smogon where its based around competitive pokemon so I got hooked and played PS on the USUM OU format for a couple of years now, and now I just want to get better because I have recently felt stuck and limited to what I can do and learn. Some random fact(s) about me.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, PKMN_Red#0308
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Last edited:
Username: Philémon
PS! Username: PS! Viktory
Your timezone: GMT+1
Generation: DPP OU
Usual hours of availability: Monday: 4PM - 10PM ; Tuesday: all day until 10PM ; Wednesday: 5PM - 10PM ; Thursday: 2PM - 10PM ; Friday: not available ; Weekend: all day but would prefer weekdays if possible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I have been playing on and off for several years, the main generations I played were RBY OU (~1550), DPP OU (~1400) and ORAS OU (~1400). I would say I'm decent at the battle side of things, even though I think I could still improve a lot, but I'm also really bad at teambuilding which is something I'd like to do once I can get top 50-100 consistently. The two main gens I want to be good at are DPP (all formats except Ubers) and BDSP (all formats except Ubers).
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Philémon#6576

Username: ArcticBreeze
Timezone -5, Free most of the weekend and weekdays after 3pm, y I use discord.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: Mainly play oldgens and have won a few irrelevant tours. I don't have too much experience in ss especially current meta ss with the most I've played being peaking the ladder like 6 months ago just to prove that I could to myself. Looking forward to learning and improving at the metagame, hopefully reaching a tournament competent level.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

My friend airfare has agreed to tutor me so if I can get him that'd be great.

Username: VikavoltIsEpik
PS! Username: Drip Ness
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: About 4-7pm on weekdays (can’t do Monday or Wednesday before 5:30pm and after January can’t do Thursday after 6:30) and 2-7pm on Weekends (after January can’t do 2-5)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started Pokemon Showdown in 2018, however that was just me playing AG with low tier mons and not knowing much about the meta. January this year was when I started playing seriously, in natdex ag and I peaked at 1750. I started playing SS OU in about April, and I peaked at about 1550, then I decided I wanted to properly improve and aim for hopefully the 1600s and maybe even 1700s. I also want to learn more play styles, as I naturally play hyper offense and I usually am in that mindset when playing with bulkier teams, leading me to not perform as well with them which is something I want to fix.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Vikavolt is epic #9298

TDR

basics
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username : TDR
PS! Username : TheDarkRising
Your timezone : GMT +5:30
Generation : ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability : 8 am - 12 pm (+5.5)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences) : Started playing PS casually since last year before getting into competitive Feb-March this year, so relatively a recent player. Tried out a bunch on tiers but there's none like OU, usually play SS tho i have interest in learning ORAS since it's my favorite gen. I have some experience, playing roa tours and ladder on various alts also have played it in a few team tours. Would love to learn a lot about the tier :)
Are you able to use Discord? : Yes, TDR#5226

TrRizzo09

formerly Pkmn trainer Rizzo
Username: Pkmn trainer Rizzo
PS! Username: TrRizzo09
Your timezone: GMT-5
Generation: SM OU
Everyday since 4:00pm (Sundays only in the morning)
I played SM since the tiers released, but now I only can play with xtra ho, I'm not comfortable with any other team and that annoys me, I want to build and play better with other teams and cores in order to improve my skills.
Yes (Rizzo#9074)
Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)