B101 Inactive Tutee Posts & Updates

Username: Icecream-Kun (don’t judge me I was young)
PS! Username: H3ize
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime from 4pm onwards
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing Pokémon competitively in B/W and continued playing religiously until X/Y and OR/AS where for some reason I stopped. I mostly played the OU and Ubers tier and remember placing quite high on the ladder consistently sadly I have completely forgotten any of the accounts I was using at the time, both on showdown or this forum. Recently I’ve been trying to rget back into the competitive scene and thought it’d be worth a go to apply to this program in the hope that someone could just guide me through and help catch me up a little bit.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yup
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Also yes

Username:Reaper Dude
PS! Username:Reaper Dude
Your timezone: Gmt +8
Usual Hours of Availability: after 3.30pm except Tuesday-Thursday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):Started in 2019, I mostly played om and national dex. I stopped for awhile because of exams and forgot about my accounts. I started a fresh account to continue playing and I am mostly playing om and Nat dex though I do play ou and randbats as well.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: GodAlbino
PS! Username: GodAlbino
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 4:30pm-9:30pm Weekends: 9:00am-10:00pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played lots of ranbats and want to get better at ou I've tried sample teams but I don't know how to use them I think.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Username: remetagross
PS! Username: remetagross
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 9:30am-5pm Weekends: not much
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been around for quite a while, started competitive Pokémon back in 4G. But I suck at it. I can't get past a ceiling of 1700 ELO or so in OU (which I've played for all four past gens), and this is fairly frustrating. I'm an avid watcher of high-level game replays in order to improve my skills (well done my French mates!). I'm foreseeing a period of unemployment in the near future that I intent to put to use by asking guidance from a tutor.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes, my pseudo there is remetagross as well. I'm a man of simple tastes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?
Yes.

Username: Typhoonflame
PS! Username: Typhoonflame
Your timezone: CET/GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: 10 am until midnight
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Been playing since BW2, however I've never managed to get past 1400 on any ladder and wish to finally get better. I'm someone who needs others' guidance for sure and am willing to learn and listen to others' advice as that helps me grow. I usually excel at balance or HO teams and cannot play stall, so I'd like to perfect balance and HO playstyles.
Yep, just DM me for my tag!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes!

Username: UnawareUser
PS! Username: UnawareUser
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Very available with time so specific time or day, just less compatible with big time zone differences
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitively on and off Since ORAS with Smogon and VGC play. I'm a respectably competent player and would like to get into Gen 8 and climb the ladder. I have also used the B101 programme in the past frequently so am acquainted as to how it works.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: zemanjaski
PS! Username: zemanjaski
Your timezone: GMT + 1
Generation: RBY OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Most mornings, some afternoons and evenings. I'm currently on extended holiday from work and so a quite flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokémon since 2018 and have recently dipped my toes into competitive waters. I am presently playing in the ROA NC97 tour (1-1 currently), am signed up for the ROA Olympics (Team UK) and will play in the next Pokemon Perfect tour too. I have mostly been laddering to improve but am recently focussing more on reviewing games after the fact and researching lines of play by watching high level games. I have been stuck at or around 1400 elo for sometime and believe there must be fundamental issues in my play preventing further progress.

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Username: KaiserKaiba
PS! Username: KaiserKaiba
Your timezone: +2
Generation: ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings after work and WE
I'm a sm main (but I did participate in a lot of tournaments on niche tier like Old Gens NU, LGPE OU or OMs) and I'm currently a competitive helper on that tier on smogon discord. I never really perform well in any tournament I did (I only have more than 2 years of experience in competitive pokemon) and I still learn the fundamentals. I want to learn Oras OU because I did recently a teamtour and I was on Oras Slot (where I did pretty badly).
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (KaiserKaiba#7229)

Username: h4g
PS! Username: h4g
Generation: adv/dpp/sm
Usual Hours of Availability: Evening preferably, around 9pm to 11:59pm is best for me. About days, i’ll be available almost every day around that time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing pokemon competitively since 2012 at a very low level, got better in 2016 and did a very long break one year later, until two years ago.
Since that, l got interested in tournament aspect and oras meta game. I did many positive team tours and some decent score in ssnl in my main gen. I think i’ve recently gotten a good level and knowledge in oras, but playing the same gen every time is BORING. I also have some knowledge of sm cuz of my experience (and was tute in bw in a french community but that isn’t very interesting), but it’s pretty old.
So that said, l would like to get a better knowledge/level in sm, as well as learning those gens which sound cools but also very complicated to learn.
Are you able to use Discord?: ye, staffie#4189
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Hello, I don’t know if it’s to late to sign up for these but if figured I mine as well try

Username: Fancy1
PS! Username: ForCheffy or Alternate-Cheffy
Your timezone: gmt -4 (eastern standard time)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 3:10pm-4:00pm or Saturday and Sunday 7:00am-8:00am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i stumbled into the competitive scene on complete accident, but was immediately interested. I started in the cesspool that is natdexAG using awful teams with garbage sets, then I started playing VGC and SS OU and actually tried to attempt to make decent teams, I participated in a recent vgc gen8 summer seasonal and made top 16 only using sample teams (which is good enough for me) and I’ve been posting rmts in the SS OU section, I’m looking to get better at team building, as I’ve had trouble with it before. (and maybe some stuff which laddering)
Are you able to use Discord?: unfortunately no (if it works for the tutor I could use zoom)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes (basically just don’t be a complete and total idiot)

Last edited:
Username: Nichalho
PS! Username: Nichalho
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Fairly open on weekends, but can only do post 8PM on weekdays if at all. My schedule is pretty spotty and it's likely I'll only be able to commit a couple hours a week.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing mons competitively off and on since gen 6, taking breaks that could last years at a time. Despite all the years of playtime, studying and learning as many tricks about predictions and teambuilding as I possibly could, I've hit a wall where I just can't improve anymore. My peak on the ladder is 1340, unable to get reqs let alone have a decent tourney run (I'm currently 2-7 in SmogTour34). I feel like there's something I'm missing where once I learn it and fit it into place, I'll suddenly get much better. Or maybe this is as far as I can go. But I'd like to try and see.

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion
Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
PS! Username: BlackKnight_Gawain
Your timezone: EST/ GMT +6
Usual Hours of Availability:
My timings are weird but flexible, I am currently physically based in GMT +6 but do a lot of work in EST since I was there for the last 3.5 years
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Very oldhat, been on PO since Gen IV and then switched to Showdown around V, was top 30 fairly consistently on OU for a good chunk of time then (had a funny winning streak against a certain mod lol) . Took a long hiatus after VIII was barely implemented and now I'm back in time for another gen shift, but would like to get used to this meta and a few others just to stop being rusty and learn what's new.

Username: Violent Dominant
PS! Username: Violent Dominant
Generation: ADV (preference), GSC
Usual Hours of Availability: 4am-12nn
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I ladder ADV sometimes but now I want to become much better at ADV. I want to win a tournament one day.

Ciro napoli

Soooooos
is a Tiering Contributor
Returned: 03/31/2023

Username:Ciro napoli
PS! Username:Ciro napoli
Your timezone:+1
Usual Hours of Availability:not during school time
I am a player who reached 1750 in the ladder in gen 8. I like the ou and I want to learn more to be better in combat and to be able to enter the competitive arena willing to learn and give my best to improve and learn various concepts
and if there is a coach who speaks italian it would be better.
Are you able to use Discord?:yea
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Electroman102
PS! Username: Electroman102
Your timezone: CST (reference city: Chicago)
Generation: GSC
~2:30 PM - ~10:00 PM, though may be available more, especially on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played GSC for a while now. I was a horrid player at first, but now I feel that I can hold my own. However, I feel I have hit a “roadblock”. I have not done the best on ladder, and I want to improve outside of that horrid area, yet improvement seems to evade me.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: Peak Flow
PS! Username: P3AK FL0W
Your timezone: GMT+1
Generation: ADV OU/DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: My nights (10pm +-)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I've been laddering for a while in a lot of tiers, but didnt know about all these tours. Now, I want to introduce myself into this competitive area and thus I would like to improve my knowledge and playstyle in some tiers, for now in ADV or DPP
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Peak Flow#8992
Yes

Username: Kabani
PS! Username: Semort
Your timezone: +1
Generation: Sm
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much free, I'll adapt
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm playing since quite a long time in smou as a main and I'm trying to improve in the tier. I would say that my biggest flaws are my teambuild and the fact that I struggle with etablishing a gameplan.

Username: Wjq
PS! Username: Wjq
Your timezone: Gmt+11
Generation: Anything, I am open to any and all knowledge about past gen Ous, although I do know more gen 7 and 8 then other gens as those are the ones I have played the most.
Usual Hours of Availability: I am in summer school holiday for a couple months now so any time from 8am to 9pm local
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Showdown for me was a form of enjoyment up until i discovered the tours and tours plaza rooms, this is when I started taking battling truly seriously although I had casually laddered a fair bit before this. Right now it is getting to a point where I do not have the time or motivation to grind the tours room over and over again despite consistently winning tours I put effort into. This is logically the best opportunity for me as right now I am looking to expose myself to as many smogon tournaments as I can and of course this involves past tours as well where I do not quite have as much of a grip over the metagames.
Are you able to use Discord?: Wjq#4750
Yes

Javi

Que no respiren, que no respiren!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Username: javitu
PS! Username: javitu
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoon mostly, can do some nights too
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing RandBats and from that i decided to make a jump to tiers. I mostly play UU and have played several SS UU singles and team tours. I have also played some SS OU but not in such depth. Playing RandBats, ADV has always been my favourite gen, I know all the mechanics and understand how the gen works.

Username:Juseth Sepulveda
PS! Username:Juseth sepulveda
Your timezone:-4
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: I have all the free time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I started playing SM, I played a few tournaments early in SS and you play most of SSNL, I just finished an ORAS OU tutorial
Are you able to use Discord?:Yes, without any problem
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: Warucario
PS! Username: Waruchuu
Your timezone: UTC +1
Generation: BW(prefered), ORAS
Usual Hours of Availability: 9am - 12pm UTC +1 or 3am - 6pm GMT - 5
(I am going to write my finals soon, so I will be available from 17.01.23 onward, when I am finished with all three of them)
I have played since USUM and got to about 1500 at the end in OU there, then 1600 in the very first SS OU after the Dynamax, Dracovish and Darmanitan-G ban but haven't played in Gen 8 a lot after. Only tried out VGC and the new Pokemon, added with the DLCs for a while. In generation 9, I have now reached 1700 in OU. I sadly have no competitive experience with other games before generation 7 and that is what I want to learn. From my understanding, BW and ORAS are not too different from the formats I am used to, due to the availability of team preview and tools, each pokemon has. That is why I want to start with these generations, before going further down.
My motivation for participation is to optimize my understanding of teambuilding and battling, so that I can become the best, I can be. And secondly, to be able to participate in tournaments. Through the coverage of the fight between Finchinator and MudkipNerd I have learned, that there is an entire world around tournaments, beyond the ladder. I want to be able to participate in more diverse formats, to both be able to collect points for playoffs and to one day play for a team in a draft tour.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes: Waruchuu#1181
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Username: Tuthur
PS! Username: Tuthur
Your timezone: ECT (+1)
Generation: RBY
between 8pm and 11pm in week days, I can start earlier on weekends
I've started playing on PS late 2015 with ORAS PU on the ladder. My motivation and activity picked up in 2020 when I started taking part to ZU tournaments; I've been overall positive in ZU team tournaments and had great showings in individuals, making finals of 2021 Circuit and winning 2022 Open. I also played a bit of BDSP OU and eventually won its circuit.
yes
yes

Username: MuffinMat
PS! Username: MuffinMat
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: this month from 10 AM to 6 PM most of the time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started a year ago and recently started to get more competitive joining tournaments. i'm quite average overall and quite bad at ADV OU but it's fun and i wanna give it a shot. also a council member for NDLC
Are you able to use Discord?: ye
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

Athena's Myth

Banned deucer.
Username: Athena's Myth
PS! Username: Kagura I
Your timezone: -3
Generation: 4 OU - 6 OU
Usual Hours of Availability: 4pm - 10pm any days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon last year on smogon, I would really like to know more about the game, the meta, and which teams to use against which person or things like that. I would like to be certain in DPP since it is an old gen that I find interesting to learn, as I said I would like to have new knowledge and reach high in one of the tiers that I proposed (ORAS and DPP). Although I must say that when it comes to DPP I know little to nothing.

Last edited:
Username: TR23
PS! Username: TR23
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone: CST (GMT -6)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 10 PM - 12 AM, weekends can be available whenever
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively during gen 4. I've played all team types in multiple gens but have always been stuck in the 1500s. I'm trying to improve both my building and battling so I can get to a point where I can help out other people who are stuck where they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)