is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Mendeez
PS! Username: Same
Your timezone: -4
Generation:
Gsc
Usual Hours of Availability:
Pretty free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
id like to learn this gen cuz i find it interesting, in most cases you can win regardless of the luck of the opponent,and i would like to be a more complete player
Are you able to use Discord?: Mendez#0332
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Si

Username: trishulaa
PS! Username: trishulaa
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: varies most days besides monday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): first found smogon during gen 7 and played about 300 games generally just playing rain in OU. Played here and there with friends in just fun challenges. Now im currently about 300 games deep in gen 8 OU and just struggling my Peak has been 1300 but im currently 1199
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Violet Riachu
PS! Username: MeansAndEnds
Your timezone: GMT -5/-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually 14:00 - 17:00, especially Friday and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing competitive singles on cartridge with gen 5, but I was like 13 at the time so I was pretty bad at it. Since then, I've played on and off: playing XY OU and ORAS OU for a while. My best Smogon performance was placing top 500 or so in Gen 7 PU. I remember trying to place in the PU ladder tour and missing the cut by a hair. I've been playing Gen 8 OU in hopes of being good enough to play in OLT in July, but given that I generally peak around the 1500s, I think I need some guidance on team building and playing more patiently and optimally.
Are you able to use Discord?:
yes character arches#3627
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

Username: nagami1
PS! Username: nagami1
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Generation: ORAS (gen6 ou)
Usual Hours of Availability: usually any time during day 9am-10 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i dont have a lot of experience playing showdown meta (like 60 battles in gen6) but i have played over 1k battles in another pokemon mmo where the meta is kind of similar to gen 6 ou, except no megas. i have been familiar with comptetive pokemon since 2018. i am signing up so i can get better at teambuilding for gen6 and just get better at pvp. i also want to find a good team to be able to reach high ladder.
Are you able to use discord? yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: Johnson Johnsonson
PS! Username: Shaq from Basketball
Your timezone: GMT+10
Usual Hours of Availability: any day after 4-5pm
Starting 2020, I got really into VGC and climbed to about rank 50 on the SS in-game ladder, but stopped playing to focus on my studies. Last year I really got into competitive OU analysis through watching commentary which inspired me learn the format, and I reached the mid 1500s after a few months before hitting a wall. After taking another break, I've been motivated to improve this year but have run into the same barrier; fluctuating around the low 1500s range and feeling like my fundamental understanding of the game really needs some work.
Yes (One Million Pounds of Rat Meat#8530)
Yes

Username: MellonCaullie
PS! Username: MelonCauli (i always make a new name cause i forget my older accounts, but I have played more games than what is shown on this account )
Your timezone: (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Tues, Thrus, Saturday, and Sunday anytime.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played competitively a lot in 2016-2018. I never really built my teams and would always use someone else's. I want to learn how to team build, synergy, and strategies. How to know which move to make, when to switch out, when to sack a pokemon. I also just don't know what every pokemon's job is and what they're about to do. I want to know a better sense of how to predict what items and moves they have so I can protect my pokemon and make better decisions. I always over think and get stuck there when wondering what is the best thing to do in a situation.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes Angel⭐#4444
yes

Last edited:
Username: SK4diddle
PS! Username: SK4diddle
Your timezone: gmt-7/pst Usual Hours of Availability: basically all the time expect sometimes mondays/sundays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played a bit of ou about 2 years ago and got to like 1300s before quitting but ive came back this year and been playing and managed to hit 1677 peak but it just feels like i always get stuck already around the 1600s and with almost over 2000 games played i want some help to at least hit top 500 before the new generation.
yes

sapphiree

formerly silver grace
Username: silver grace
PS! Username: spectral secrets
Your timezone: GMT+5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: Early afternoon (12:30 pm - 3:30 pm) and late evenings (9 pm onwards)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Keeping general competitive Pokemon in mind, I am a Monotype player and I've been playing competitively for roughly 9 to 10 months. I ladder often and take part in some big Smogon tours which are related to the format (such as Mono BLT and MPL). With regards to OU, I have laddered a bit on it and taken part in some Discord tours, so not a lot of experience there. However, I do have a decent amount of draft league experience.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: Sypharius
PS! Username: Sypharius
Your timezone: PST (-8)
Usual Hours of Availability: Outside 7:00-15:30 M-F with some exceptions
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): First started playing smogon OU tier in 2014 during ORAS release. Reached 1800 rank during that meta. Played competitively to Masters on switch consistently in both VGC doubles and 3v3 singles. Avid monotype battler and little cup enthusiast. Returning to the current meta and seem to be at a loss.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes - Syph#8732 (best method of contact)

Username: stargaming
PS! Username: stargaming 2306
Your timezone:IST
Usual Hours of Availability: usually most of time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've always hopped in and out of competitive pokemon from time to time and I've always been mid at the game. I don't really have a good understanding on how to make teams but i'm alright at battling.

Username: DkKoba
PS! Username: DkKoba
Your timezone: EST/EDT
Generation: Advanced(Gen 3)
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-10PM EDT, likely to become 6-10PM once I start my new job EDIT: I thought I might expand my availability, I went back to my old job and now have 5-10PM EDT, 1pm-12am EDT Saturday(can be flexible and do earlier), and I will do anytime Sundays bar IRL plans.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played a smattering of games 5 years back and tried to get into Adv OU using copied teams but I saw very small success. A few weeks ago I crafted my own teams and started to adjust them slightly to make them better - but overall good team building evades me and my team often gets hard countered. I also am looking to better understand tools and common sets and how to properly react to them. I have a big strength in being able to judge how my opponent will play after a few turns of playing with them. Currently I hover between 1300-1400 on the ADV OU ladder and wish to become a top tier threat :) EDIT: I now how a few hundred games on ladder. Been taking a break from going hard due to other hobbies having priority at the moment, but I will definitely make this a priority if I have a tutor.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes - DkKoba#0420 is my discord
mods feel free to delete this reply but i thought I might bring attention to the fact that I have expanded my availability(for hopes that it helps me get matched up as well as some edits to update since its been a few months and I've been learning on my own.

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:
airfare
ausma
devin
ez
Hockey1
IPF
Niko
Pais
Quaze
Serika
Yelodash
Zen

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).
Username:Kings4life
PS! Username:Kingfrye
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: 6-7
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first started playing showdown in gen 7 Ubers and I loved it.I am hoping to learn ou and vgc better.I want to learn game sence.
are you able to use Discord?: yes

Username: CapivaraStark
PS! Username: Fcking Weebs
Your timezone: GMT-3
Usual Hours of Availability: 7am~9am / 8pm ~ 1am
Played a lot of showdown OU like 8 years ago and a lot of wifi ShSw tournaments like 2 years ago
Yes
Yes

Username: Mister Magnus
PS! Username:Mister Magnus
Your timezone: -3
Generation: RBY
5pm-12am weekdays, any time weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing roughly a year and a half with any degree of seriousness. Had a few notable wins in tours here and there but overall feel like I've skipped out on properly learning. I'm looking to get my play to a place where I can consistently perform well rather than my current on-and-off state. I think of all my tiers DPP tends to be the shakiest but it's the one I have the most love for so I'm hoping I can get matched with someone who will help take me from occasional flashes of greatness to a really skilled player :)

Username:jase duken
PS! Username:Jase Duken
Your timezone:-7
Usual Hours of Availability:anytime in the evening and I am up late at night usually around 12am-2am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played in upl and mpl. I been trying the latest olt and got around 1700 but got tilted :( and have a good understanding and quick to learn
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Username: XenonHero126
PS! Username: XenonHero126
Your timezone: GMT-4
Generation: DPP
8AM-6PM
I have a good deal of experience in SSOU, with almost 150 battles played. I’d like to think I’ve got a good grasp of the metagame, although I’ve never found the conviction to actively ladder it. I’ve dabbled in some OMs as well and contributed to a few Pet Mods. DPP jumped out to me as an interesting metagame due to the lack of team preview and aggressive nature while still keeping the Phys/Spec split that I can’t live without.
Yep
Yep

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Username: Eledyr
PS! Username: Eledyr
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: ADV, DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime between 1PM-11PM, can be even more opened.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm playing since many years, mostly in Ubers (I did UPL recently), RBY OU, and SM OU, and I will to learn more about those two generations. I already give them some tests by playing in seasonals but I definitely lack some knowledge in those tiers. I'm open to any kind of playstyle and will to learn those gens really deeply, especially the building process.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Eledyr#1136

Username: Derpeddeath
PS! Username: Derpeddeath
Your timezone: Mountain time/gmt -6/7
Usual Hours of Availability: 18:00- 23:00, very flexible.
Played a decent amount of monotype, dabbled a bit in OMs and doubles, I also ladder every now and then, I want to learn to play OU competitively.
Yes
Yes

Username: NightLight26
PS! Username: AyoItsBenji
Your timezone: GMT - 8
Usual Hours of Availability: Open Availability
I played in the 2016-2018 VGC World Championships (2x senior division, 1x masters). I always had an interest in OU because of the mainstream attention from YouTubers, and the Pokémon in general being “standard”. I understand a lot about competitive, I lost touch with the scene before and now want to try a new approach!
Yes
Yes

Username: Dawnfallstar
PS! Username: Dawnfallstar
Your timezone: est
Usual Hours of Availability:8:am-8 pm on most days in the summer 8 am-6 pm on Sunday. 1:30 pm-8 pm on satuday and 3-8 pm on weekdays during the school year
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): So I started in 2020 or 2021 with gen 8 ou. But I was bad. I used what smogon said was good but made bad teams and didn't use them in the best way they can be used. I tried Gen 8 Pu and lost. Then I started to do National dex AG with an Eeveelution team. Which is where I am now. I want to now do gen 8 Ou. I need help with making better pokemon picks and using them to their fullest.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, dawn#9702
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: StoneyBGoode
PS! Username: ComingUpMilhouse
Your Timezone: Pacific
Usual Hours of Availability: sporadic, usually 11:30 pm pts
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in Gen 4 watching YouTubers like Pokeaimd, sucker4jessica, shofu, acoustickind, ect.. I played competitive Pokemon untill 2015, in which I got in a car accident and went to prison for 6 years. I'm trying to get back into playing form, but I'm struggling with the Meta. My team building has been lacking, and I just need help all around. I go through times where I'll win 10 in a row, then the next day I'll lose 12 straight. My playing has been very inconsistent.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes stoneybgoode#5213
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do not

Username: Shaad Skyel
PS! Username: Shaad Skyel
Your timezone: gmt+1
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly in evening cause of work and Week-end
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play on Showdown at the end of SM OU (after the ban of Zygarde-50) without taking it too seriously, mainly on ladder, until this gen, that I tried to play seriously but couldn't get to the next level in teambuilding mainly. i had play some Tournament but without making nothing good, so i would like help on the teambuilding process and comprehension of the meta.

Username: IdolCian
PS! Username: IdolCian
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: 11am - 1pm / 3pm - 6:30pm / 10:30pm - 2am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm kinda new here but I already played some tournaments, also I played for Spain in RCoP. I would like to learn how to analyze a game (wincons etc...) at team preview and learn to think a little bit to stop being a clicker. I've been struggling in fairy gens but I'm persistent on what I do.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes Cian#0150

Username: Henryairsword
PS! Username: Henryairsword
Your Timezone: Pacific Time
Usual Hours Of Availability: 10 am - 2 pm
Tell Us A Little About Your Experience In Competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've never played in tournaments apart from the ones in the tournaments, tours minigames, and tours plaza rooms (where I play a lot). I have created many teams in the past (have explored a lot of tiers from gen 6 and up). I have hit 1600+ rating in randbats and national dex AG, and now I am looking to strengthen my OU teambuilding and play (and hopefully also hit 1600; my current rating is around 1300).
Are You Able To Use Discord?: Yes, Havitechrobo#5099
Do You Understand How Blacklist Works?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: BashGreninja
PS! Username: bunnick
Your timezone: GMT+6:30
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 8-11PM, Weekends: 4-11PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played Pokemon casually since Emerald, and been following competitive VGC for about 8 years now, but never played myself until around a few months ago. Tried different old gen OUs with sample teams and realized DPP is my favorite meta. Want to try improving and maybe participate in some tournaments at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)