Approved Avoiding the bad users on Pokemon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This obviously needs a better name towards it but yeah, the title is pretty self-explanatory.

First I'm going to go through the multiple different kinds of bad users there are in PS
  • 'The Bait Quitters'... They post things while you are laddering telling you to type certain things which make you forfeit the battle. If you don't do those things, according to them you will be banned.
  • 'Shitposters'... They usually lure in the chat and wait for the perfect moment to strike. They DO contribute towards the chat, not in a good way is the problem. They quickly can turn a good discussion bad with the simplicity of one sentence. This is followed by the reactions of the many users around them.
  • 'Format Abusers'... Seeking attention. They want to stand out from everyone else in the chat and must also get a reaction until they get muted or a further punishment depending on consistency.
  • 'Spammers'... I don't need to explain this.
  • 'The Fighters'... They get muted and they MUST start PMing the person who muted them explaining there reason on why the punishment wasn't justifiable.
  • 'Obnoxious much!'...People who like to abuse capitals and stretch out letters.
I might add more but that is all I have for now in terms of bad users. In this I'll also be adding...
  • How to avoid them.
  • Examples of some. (The Fighters) should be a funny example.
  • How to report them.
  • The punishment they receive.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[18:23:11] @Darnell: Vacate, can I do an article on 'Avoiding the different trolls on PS' ? :o Like going over the different sorts you get and how to ignore/report them
[18:23:22] @Vacate: sure sounds good
[18:23:37] @Darnell: woo :D I'll post it now n_n thank you
[18:23:38] @Vacate: I wouldn't use the word ttrolls though
[18:24:13] @Vacate: in the title
[18:24:13] @Darnell: bad users?
[18:24:28] @Vacate: yeah that's fine
[18:24:33] @Darnell: Great, thanks

Scene and Antemortem thoughts?

Darnell

Respected.
Example of 'Format Abusers' I received today:

Also got a new one
'The Highlighters'... They travel from room to room and mass highlight the staff. Pure annoyance.

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
does "when you beat them/lose in a battle they PM you afterwards saying "ur fuckin trash m8"/"haha ur such a noob fuckin twat."" count???? because fuck those guys

Darnell

Respected.
does "when you beat them/lose in a battle they PM you afterwards saying "ur fuckin trash m8"/"haha ur such a noob fuckin twat."" count???? because fuck those guys
Will be sure to add them too :J 'Sore Losers' sounds fitting or something to do with sportsmanship would be good... hmm...

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
just call the fighters Greasers,,,,,,,,

this looks like it'll be cute and hopefully full of satire, lgi

scalarmotion

sit, fetch, micro
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A couple suggestions about spammers/format abuse/things like that to help us:
You should probably have something about not minimodding. For spammers specifically mention that saying things like "STOP" and "OMG SPAM" doesn't do anything to stop them and only gives them the attention they're looking for.

scene

Banned deucer.
I am okay with this but:
  • lots of satire please, I don't want to veer into cringe territory
  • fake examples, they can 100% be based off real stuff (and should) but no real names/screenshots please
promising though, approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)