Average Movesets Statistics and Moves Used in the UU Metagame (September and October)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Thanks X-Act, always an interesting read.

Bit shocked to see so many people are using Shadow Claw over Return on Linoone...why's that? Dusclops? Drifblim? C'mon guys, use Return. ._.

U-turn takes a huge drop from 7.36% down to 5.57%. I'm not really sure how to explain that considering Uxie's usage increased so much between September and October and Ambipoms only dropped ever so slightly. I suppose Froslass forced a lot of Ambipom to give up U-turn for Taunt or Pursuit.

The next months ones will be much more interesting - due to how late the suspects came in the statistics are difficult to dissect properly. Next month I'd expect to see slightly more physically inclined attacks (to avoid being Raikou set-up bait and also hitting Gallade's significantly weaker defense). We're also gonna see a huge drop in the usage of Brave Bird, Sucker Punch and Superpower because it looks as though a certain Pokemon will be packing his bags quite soon...

73. TAUROS (Usages: 2225)

Average EVs: 12 HP, 240 Atk, 8 Def, 4 SpA, 244 Spe
Average Nature Boosts/Reductions: +3.7% Atk, -10.0% SpA, +0.2% SpD, +6.1% Spe

Typical moveset:
- Earthquake
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

* Zen Headbutt and Frustration can replace any of the four moves listed.
You know you've played UU to much when you've influenced most of Tauros's average movepool (I used Frustration, Zen Headbutt, EQ, and SE... I think I was the only one to use Frustration over Return, yet it is another option)

You know you've played UU to much when you've influenced most of Tauros's average movepool (I used Frustration, Zen Headbutt, EQ, and SE... I think I was the only one to use Frustration over Return, yet it is another option)
Who wouldn't use Frustration on Tauros? It's classic.

Thanks for the data - it really helps me build my teams by trying to exploit "holes" in the metagame.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I shall also do item usage in the near future. I'll just list the least number of items that add up to more than 50% of usage, i.e. I'll list the items that, collectively, are used more often than not.

Lickilicky has 14 moves in its standard moveset!!!

I'm not really entirely sure how to interpret that. Would it mean it's a very diverse Pokemon if everybody is using different movesets, or that he can take up many different roles on a team? Or perhaps people aren't sure how to use him most effectively.
Lickilicky is simply versatilie. It is a Raikou counter, or a coverage wall breaker. With it's large movepool it can choose to run different moves for coverage depending on what it wants to hit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)